What cancelled/ Completed TV Shows should be brought back?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I heard they were considering a movie.

They bringing it back as a series or a movie?

Edit: Also I'd bring back BSG so I could change the fecking shitty godawful ending that made me facepalm so hard.
10 new episodes leading into a movie. They are filming now AFAIK.

There was talk of another BSG prequel (about a young Adama fighting the old, clunky Cylons). Not sure what happened with that.

IrishLegend

10 new episodes leading into a movie. They are filming now AFAIK.

There was talk of another BSG prequel (about a young Adama fighting the old, clunky Cylons). Not sure what happened with that.
Blood and Chrome, Think it was supposed to be out this year.

And awesome on the Arrested Development stuff!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm nearing the end of season 2 of deadwood. I know it got cancelled in season 3 but I cannot think why. It's such quality.

fecking cocksuckers

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Terrible since the first two? Mental. DS9 was great, Voyager also had it's moments.

Also, they need to bring back Carnivale.
I never came to like a single character on DS9, though I did stick with it a few seasons. Terrible is probably a bit strong, but that's how we express ourselves in the States, if we don't like something it's 'the worst ever', there's no middle ground, just like our politics!

Voyager I tried to watch but it just didn't do it for me, perhaps because they were stuck on the other side of the universe so most of the old enemies/allies never came into it. I did think the captain was hot, though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I never came to like a single character on DS9, though I did stick with it a few seasons. Terrible is probably a bit strong, but that's how we express ourselves in the States, if we don't like something it's 'the worst ever', there's no middle ground, just like our politics!

Voyager I tried to watch but it just didn't do it for me, perhaps because they were stuck on the other side of the universe so most of the old enemies/allies never came into it. I did think the captain was hot, though.
I thought DS9 had some of the more interesting characters (Worf, Garak, Quark, Odo) and I also liked that it had a continuing storyline rather than just a stand-alone episode every week.

Voyager was a bit weaker character-wise for me, only the Doctor was interesting (Seven was a favourite for a 17 year old Duffer for obvious reasons). You think the captain was hot? Yikes. Picard had more sex appeal.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Alcatraz, it was not fantastic but I want to know what happens and instead they just left it there with about a million unanswered questions.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I doubt that you would get them even if it hadn't been cut and even if you did they wouldn't make sense.

iSparky

Then they are just like those cnuts that made Lost :(

They played us for several seasons and then provided a boner killer right at the end. cnuts.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Alcatraz, it was not fantastic but I want to know what happens and instead they just left it there with about a million unanswered questions.
Chances are that we wouldn't get answers. We would just get a million more cliched villains and more mysterious questions about the prison.

Revan

Assumptionman
Flashforward. It was really a great show and every time someone mentioned it or cancelled TV shows I am pissed off that they cancelled it.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I thought DS9 had some of the more interesting characters (Worf, Garak, Quark, Odo) and I also liked that it had a continuing storyline rather than just a stand-alone episode every week.

Voyager was a bit weaker character-wise for me, only the Doctor was interesting (Seven was a favourite for a 17 year old Duffer for obvious reasons). You think the captain was hot? Yikes. Picard had more sex appeal.
No way. The episode structure of DS9 was basically this week in, week out:

1. Quark is up to no good.
2. Odo decides to see what Quark is up to.
3. Odo confronts Quark on knowing he's up to something, Quark lies.
4. Quark continues to be up to no good.
5. Odo foils Quark using his shapeshifting powers
6. Quark is arrested or Odo and Quark come to an arrangement.

I found both characters ridiculously annoying. As far as characters go in Star Trek, Geordie La Forge and Data are probably my favourites (if you ignore the obvious Seven of Nine and Deanna Troi) and Picard is practically flawless. TNG with Voyager second for me.

As far as cancelled TV shows being brought back, I really quite enjoyed Terranova which unfortunately turned into an expensive flop and the same goes for Defying Gravity, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

One problem I had with DS9 is that we were no longer going boldly where no one had gone before, in fact we weren't going anywhere. It lost a fair bit of it's spirit, I mean, it's star 'trek' after all.

Both the first two series, from my understanding, especially the cinematography, were based on old submarine war movies, they had a certain feel and pattern that was missing in DS9. It seems to me that producers dream of a show with a successful formula, there was no need to change it, if they wanted to do a spin off show about an outpost I think they should have continued the trekking as well.

You have to admit that the 2nd series was popular enough to spawn a series of movies while no one was lining up to see DS9 on the big screen. But I should watch it again, maybe I would enjoy it more now. It's been a long time ago and I could only tell you the names of a very few characters. I really disliked the doctor and the ferengi.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I just wanted to let whoever gave me my tagline know that I know it's actually because I dissed Deep Space 9.

Worst base-based Star Trek series EVER.

Seriously though, I tried to go back and watch a few episodes but so far no luck enjoying them. But I'm not giving up yet.

King_Eric

There was only one cancellation that really pissed me off, and that was Carnivale's. They really need to finish this story. One of the best series I've ever seen, one of the best casts and the storyline had huge potential.

iSparky

I loved the whole Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes series, Gene Hunt was epic. More of that please, ta.

Will Absolute

One problem I had with DS9 is that we were no longer going boldly where no one had gone before, in fact we weren't going anywhere. It lost a fair bit of it's spirit, I mean, it's star 'trek' after all.

Both the first two series, from my understanding, especially the cinematography, were based on old submarine war movies, they had a certain feel and pattern that was missing in DS9. It seems to me that producers dream of a show with a successful formula, there was no need to change it, if they wanted to do a spin off show about an outpost I think they should have continued the trekking as well.

You have to admit that the 2nd series was popular enough to spawn a series of movies while no one was lining up to see DS9 on the big screen. But I should watch it again, maybe I would enjoy it more now. It's been a long time ago and I could only tell you the names of a very few characters. I really disliked the doctor and the ferengi.
DS9 was dull. Too static, and uncharismatic characters.

There was a show a few years back about aliens taking over a southern American town, or some of the people in it. A bit like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. There was a great cliffhanger final episode in the first series....and it was cancelled. I can't remember what it was called. But it was kind of interesting.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
UFO. great show from the 70's.

The Earth is involved in a low intensity conflict with an Alien race. To keep a panic from spreading or something like that the Eath's govt has set up a secret organization called SHADO which using a movie studio in England as cover fights against the aliens.