Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Went to Ash last night at the Ritz.

20th Anniversary of Free All Angels (the one with Shining Light and Burn Baby Burn on it).

They were proper good. Forget how many bangers on that album they have and then after that, they played a bunch more and hearing Orpheus live is one of my favourite live moments. I put so many hours into Burnout 3 (still do) and love Shaun of the Dead so that song hits so hard.

I ended up booking Muse tickets for Huddersfield next year, I've heard they're insane live and I've always been a fan. Don Broco and Papa Roach too in Birmingham next year and You Me at Six. Had a few gigs cancelled recently so not sure what's going on with American bands touring the UK for the rest of this year but they all seem to have cancelled?

As an aside, in the interlude they played a song and I'm sure it's a cult classic but I can't remember what it's actually called because I can't remember the end of the chorus. It's a female singer and she sings 'I fell in love with a....' and I really wanna say that finishes with 'teenage vampire' or something of that ilk (the syllables match up even if the words don't) and later on it's 'I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love'. Someone help cause I cannot find it anywhere yet I know it's a fairly well known song.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Rest of 2022 for me at the moment:

Gaslight Anthem
Arcade Fire
Harry Mack (Youtube Freestyle Rapper)
Pillow Queens
Sprints
Julia Jacklin
Stella Donnelly
The Scratch
Amyl & The Sniffers
Wet Leg
Fontaines DC
CMAT

Have Self Esteem and 2 x Springsteen gigs in 2023 lined up already. Plus I just bought a Priority Access ticket to SXSW which'll be a major bucket list item ticked off.
So I won't see you at The Coronas?

Carolina Red

Staff
That’ll be cool. Love the Smiths but I really like his latest singles, Easy Money and Spirit Power and Soul. Enjoy dude.
He’s playing “You’ve got everything now”. He’s killing it, but the best part is this 10 year old kid with her dad singing every word

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Got tickets to Fontaines DC in Manchester in November for my 40th. Can't wait.
ahhh I want to see them in London. But I only want standing tickets, don't like going alone seated :( waiting for something to pop up on twickets.

peridigm

This year was shaping up nicely. We saw Stick Figure, Collie Budz, and Iya Terra in June. Then Slightly Stoopid, Fortunate Youth, Pepper, and Common Kings in July.
I just learned my wife is dragging me to the Trans Siberian Orchestra two days before Christmas.

matherto

As an aside, in the interlude they played a song and I'm sure it's a cult classic but I can't remember what it's actually called because I can't remember the end of the chorus. It's a female singer and she sings 'I fell in love with a....' and I really wanna say that finishes with 'teenage vampire' or something of that ilk (the syllables match up even if the words don't) and later on it's 'I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love'. Someone help cause I cannot find it anywhere yet I know it's a fairly well known song.
Found it

I love songs like this.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out what the deal is with Slam Dunk tickets for next year, was supposed to be yesterday they went on general sale but nothing on the website yet.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Upcoming, Chvrches, Modest Mouse, New Order/Pet Shop Boys and Manics/Suede.

MTF

Arctic Monkeys tonight, smallish venue (3k capacity), no phones allowed! I'm pretty pumped!

AaronRedDevil

Went to a concert for the first time 2 weeks ago. Gorrilaz. It was brilliant. Though I'm gutted I had to leave so I missed the last half hour. Even more pissed that there was one last bus after that so I could have stayed and still made it home. Missed my 2 favourite songs too. Feck!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Going to see Robert Plant in a couple of weeks at the Ulster Hall in Belfast (which was the venue Zeppelin played Stairway live the first time)

sallycinnamin

I'll let you know how they're doing........I'll see them on Oct 29th.

Hoping they don't look too much like Grandads or I'll be feeling like one myself.
They played Malahide Castle Dublin about two years ago but missed them.
Do let me know how they're doing. I heard his voice still brilliant.
For what it's worth I'm a Grandad was actually one for the first time 2020 at 46!

Last edited:

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Belated congrats Gramps! My kids are still too young for that to happen to me, thank fook.

You're young enough to be of use to your kids as a Gramps - I intend to be like my Dad - incapable.

Back on topic, I hope they play plenty of tunes from Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me.

sallycinnamin

Belated congrats Gramps! My kids are still too young for that to happen to me, thank fook.

You're young enough to be of use to your kids as a Gramps - I intend to be like my Dad - incapable.

Back on topic, I hope they play plenty of tunes from Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me.
Just a few from Disintegration also would be nice. Going with my eldest daughter, two different generations but the Cure span several generations so looking forward to it.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Saw Chvrches last weekend, very amazing.

New Order/PSBs in Seattle Friday and I'm very stoked for that.

DavelinaJolie

Going to Damnation Festival beginning of November. Absolutely buzzing because of the special sets some bands are putting on.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Finally getting to see Pavement next week. I say finally because I've waited over 20 years to see them and bought the tickets over a year ago. I'm so fecking excited :)

matherto

I'm looking forward to the next 12 months. Anyone going to any of these? Any caftards from Vegas?

Saw Chvrches last weekend, very amazing.

New Order/PSBs in Seattle Friday and I'm very stoked for that.
Would love to see Chrvches.

GregM40

Kamaal Williams at the New Century Hall next Friday which has just (re)opened. Hope it sounds as good as it looks in there!