Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Bosws87

Got 4 tickets to blink in Manchester, may be up for sale got them as favour I'm not too bothered about going myself.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Anyone want Franz Ferdinand tickets for tonight at the 02 Warehouse by Old Trafford?

I blacked out at work and am currently in A&E so I won’t be going and the mate who was going with doesn’t have anyone to go with so he’s said to them.

£37.80 each

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just a few from Disintegration also would be nice. Going with my eldest daughter, two different generations but the Cure span several generations so looking forward to it.
so....... my wife and I walked out well before the end :(

I think I heard 3 songs I knew but have to confess that after the 1992 album I didn't really listen to them at all. It was morose and indulgent noisy kak. So disappointed.

sallycinnamin

so....... my wife and I walked out well before the end :(

I think I heard 3 songs I knew but have to confess that after the 1992 album I didn't really listen to them at all. It was morose and indulgent noisy kak. So disappointed.
Not looking too good then. A resale value or refund Christmas on the horizon might be time to cash in or cash out!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surprising. I saw The Cure a few weeks ago and they were absolutely class.

The setlist when I saw them was:

• Alone
  • Pictures of You
  • Kyoto Song
  • A Night Like This
  • Lovesong
  • And Nothing Is Forever
  • Cold
  • Burn
  • Fascination Street
  • A Strange Day
  • Push
  • Play for Today
  • Want
  • Shake Dog Shake
  • From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
  • Endsong
  • I Can Never Say Goodbye
  • At Night
  • Charlotte Sometimes
  • A Forest
  • Lullaby
  • The Walk
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Close to Me
  • In Between Days
  • Just Like Heaven
  • Boys Don't Cry

So bar four new songs and only one from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me pretty much what you're paying to see I'd have thought.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I have tickets for the Slam Dunk festival, wanna go see Yellowcard. But i'm uncertain about traveling if i can't get my wife to join me...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just booked Fontaines too for Hammersmith Apollo

Dans

Surprising. I saw The Cure a few weeks ago and they were absolutely class.

The setlist when I saw them was:

• Alone
  • Pictures of You
  • Kyoto Song
  • A Night Like This
  • Lovesong
  • And Nothing Is Forever
  • Cold
  • Burn
  • Fascination Street
  • A Strange Day
  • Push
  • Play for Today
  • Want
  • Shake Dog Shake
  • From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
  • Endsong
  • I Can Never Say Goodbye
  • At Night
  • Charlotte Sometimes
  • A Forest
  • Lullaby
  • The Walk
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Close to Me
  • In Between Days
  • Just Like Heaven
  • Boys Don't Cry

So bar four new songs and only one from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me pretty much what you're paying to see I'd have thought.
Well if I missed the last 9 because I walked out early, then scheiße, aber selber schuld.

That said, the first 15 were never on my listening horizons so I think sitting through an hour and a half of music I couldn't really warm to at all wouldn't justify hanging around.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Flaming Lips last Sunday, Modest Mouse tonight.

decorativeed

Yo La Tengo in April is my only one booked at the moment. Will be something like the dozenth time I've seen them. They're playing at the newly reopened New Century Hall in Manchester.

arthurka

Holy shit this is a good setlist.

Considering booking for the Pixies next year but not sure I want to see them without Kim Deal.
You should go, they are better then they were back in the days. Paz more than fills the void left by Kim that said still miss Kim's vocals.

Last edited:

decorativeed

Considering booking for the Pixies next year but not sure I want to see them without Kim Deal.
Saw them in Manchester in July and they were great. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Obviously it would have been better with Kim, but you'll have to wait for the Breeders to tour.

Dans

Saw them in Manchester in July and they were great. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Obviously it would have been better with Kim, but you'll have to wait for the Breeders to tour.
I saw them in 2019 with Paz Lenchantin on bass and I really didn't think Kim was missed at all.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Finishing off the year with Confidence Man, Wet Leg, Fontaines DC and CMAT.

What a year it's been. 75+ individual gigs. 5 festivals. 150+ different acts seen in total.

Already have SXSW and All Together Now booked for next year festival wise. With 3/4 gigs booked already too.

GBBQ

Have the following lined up for the second half of the year:

Arcade Fire
Pillow Queens
Bret McKenzie
Pavement
Kendrick Lamar
Some absolutely amazing gigs here. Bret was a cancellation but the other 4 were amazing

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yo La Tengo in April is my only one booked at the moment. Will be something like the dozenth time I've seen them. They're playing at the newly reopened New Century Hall in Manchester.
Nice - I'm going too. First time! Must admit, I'm more into their 90s stuff. Do they still play any of the oldies?

decorativeed

Nice - I'm going too. First time! Must admit, I'm more into their 90s stuff. Do they still play any of the oldies?
Usually, yeah. The best of their shows I went to was in 2000 and they played for 3 hours, a bit of all of their 90s stuff, a decent amount of covers and plenty from the album that they were touring at that time. I'd expect maybe 50% to be new stuff and 50% old. I've not been massively keen on the majority of the post 2000 albums as a whole, so I'm hoping that's the case this time around.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Seeing Sam Fender in Sydney tomorrow evening. Not been to a gig for a few years.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Usually, yeah. The best of their shows I went to was in 2000 and they played for 3 hours, a bit of all of their 90s stuff, a decent amount of covers and plenty from the album that they were touring at that time. I'd expect maybe 50% to be new stuff and 50% old. I've not been massively keen on the majority of the post 2000 albums as a whole, so I'm hoping that's the case this time around.
3 hours of peak Yo La Tengo sounds like bliss. Same, I like bits and pieces of post 2000 stuff but I really want to hear anything from their golden period. A nice selection of tunes from Painful to I Can Hear the Heart... would make me seriously happy.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just back from the Fontaines. I only know their big songs but very very good. Would love to see them in the moshpit rather than the back though :D

Gavinb33

Last gig of the year this month Clutch at Brixton

I've had a decent year of gigs

White Lies
Jake Bugg
Jerry Cinnamon
Noel Gallagher
Green Day
Clutch

Got Muse next year at the MK bowl in July lined up also.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Arctic Monkeys and Blur so far for 2023

Think I went to have 14 this year and am hoping for a few less next year

Them hotels bills add up!

Shark

@NotShark
How his voice has remained or in fact got better with age must be that fine wine. But yeah belter of a gig loved every minute.
Jesus yeah, the high octaves are still fairly effortless for him. Was in great mood too because I know he can be a temperamental character to say the least!

Gavinb33

Arctic Monkeys and Blur so far for 2023

Think I went to have 14 this year and am hoping for a few less next year

Them hotels bills add up!
Thats why I have cut down on how many I've gone to this year hotels, travel and beer is a costly business.

I drove my car to all gigs this year to cut down on how much it costs for all the above

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Whats the best chance of getting standing tickets near the front ? I signed up to a few mailing lists of my favourite artists in the hope of getting the news early next time they come up.