Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Went to an amazing Beatles tribute act last night and going to see Dance Gavin Dance in London tonight

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Going to colours 28 at SWG3 4th March

Aly and Fila
John O’Callaghan
Mauro Picotto
Fergie
Scott Project
Eddie Halliwell
Sander Van Doorn

should be a great night

decorativeed

I can't imagine how awful the crowd for that would be. The bucket hat-wearing swaggering wankers wandering around town when the Stone Roses were playing was bad enough.

I get liking a band, but the kind of cosplay element of the fandom of some is really off-putting. And I say this as someone who was at one of the Maine Road gigs in 1996. I'm not ready for nostalgia for that yet!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Let me know how it goes!
So this post might sound like I hated it but I enjoyed it because the band sounded amazing. However, they were on for less than an hour which I thought was pretty poor and the majority of songs were from their 2 latest albums. Nothing from Acceptance Speech which is my favourite album. One very surprising song from Mothership near the end was the highlight. Also this ain't DGDs fault but the amount of people filming the gig on their smartphones and obstructing the view was fecking annoying.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Aly and Fila
John O’Callaghan
Mauro Picotto
Fergie
Scott Project
Eddie Halliwell
Sander Van Doorn

should be a great night
Mauro was my favourite DJ/producer from 1998 til 2018 when I saw him at xoyo and he played darude sandstorm. He's lost his head ever since.

Withnail

I saw an excellent Pearl Jam tribute act on Saturday night. There were only 250 there in a small venue but they deserved a much bigger crowd.

I've Pulp in June as well and it's only a few miles from home which is sweet.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I've Pulp in June as well and it's only a few miles from home which is sweet.
That should be cool. Is it all still the OG line up too? Strangely heard Lip Gloss on the radio the other day and was thinking how good they used to be. Saw them twice myself and very good gig both times.

Withnail

That should be cool. Is it all still the OG line up too? Strangely heard Lip Gloss on the radio the other day and was thinking how good they used to be. Saw them twice myself and very good gig both times.
Funnily enough I heard heard a tune from his'n'hers on the radio when I was in a shop in town recently which was really unusual. I didn't even check the lineup. Just had a gander and it seems to be everyone except Russell Senior.

I've never seen them. Me and my old college roommate who I see about once every 5-10 years are going so it should be good crack.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Funnily enough I heard heard a tune from his'n'hers on the radio when I was in a shop in town recently which was really unusual. I didn't even check the lineup. Just had a gander and it seems to be everyone except Russell Senior.

I've never seen them. Me and my old college roommate who I see about once every 5-10 years are going so it should be good crack.
Aah dude, that'll be ace. Nowt better than a good old dollop of nostalgia! I don't listen to them very often but it did sound brill hearing them again. Enjoy.

onemanarmy

Have tickets for these so far.

Blur
OFF!
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Iron Maiden
Pantera, Rancid, Slipknot and The Chats (among others, at Graspop festival)
Placebo
The Damned
High Vis

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Currently atm going to see

Peter Buck (REM) and Peter Haines.
The Vapors
Osees
Enter Shikari
King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard (pending venue change from Brixton Academy.

Also in Portugal in July and possibly getting tickets for Nos Alive to see Arctic Monkeys and Idles on the Friday.

mitChley

Self Esteem
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp

All in Sheffield, AM are playing at Hillsborough Park which is only a short walk down the road so should be a decent day weather permitting.

HookedOnAPhelan

I have nothing planned at the moment, but I'm looking for an opportunity to be in the audience during the recording of an episode of the Late Late Show before James Corden leaves the show in mid-2023.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Aly and Fila
John O’Callaghan
Mauro Picotto
Fergie
Scott Project
Eddie Halliwell
Sander Van Doorn

should be a great night
Went last night, was good Aly and Fila were dynamite Sander Van Doorn was brilliant but thing that annoyed me was Mauro Picotto was on exactly same time as Aly and Fila was frustrating, the 2 main acts

music fans especially trance, most of them are not going for the actual music, they are there for the drink and drugs and spoil for the rest, similar to away football fans, I don’t drink or do drugs so I’ve always got my whits about me, felt a bit uncomfortable when they get to drunk, So left bit early so could get home no bother.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Went to mopop music festival for Glass Animals last summer. Was pumped... But the speakers got fecked up and ended up being super underwhelming for everyone who wasn't right in front of the stage.

Going to Milky Chance later this summer, should be good! Was supposed to go in 2020 but it got cancelled with COVID.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Gig is tonight and I've just tested positive for Covid again. FFS.
Ahhh, no way. That's such sh1tty timing. Have you got any symptoms? I mean, it would be irresponsible to go (but it is Yo La Tengo!)

decorativeed

Ahhh, no way. That's such sh1tty timing. Have you got any symptoms? I mean, it would be irresponsible to go (but it is Yo La Tengo!)
Yeah, I feel like shite. Not that I'd go anyway with a positive test. Must have picked it up over the easter weekend - I went to a few pubs and a couple of FC matches.

Also got two tickets going spare with nobody interested in taking them, so they're currently going to waste. Was hoping to get a new YLT T-shirt tonight to replace my ones from when I saw them in NYC in 2000, or maybe a couple of 12"s. Balls.

decorativeed

@Eckers99 - How was it? Saw the setlist and there were a few favourites of mine in there and a couple I've always wanted to see them play live, but haven't in my previous 10+ shows. Typical!

Eckers99

@Eckers99 - How was it? Saw the setlist and there were a few favourites of mine in there and a couple I've always wanted to see them play live, but haven't in my previous 10+ shows. Typical!
Hello mate. They were excellent! As you've seen, they played just over an hour of new stuff. Was really intimate - could hear a pin drop at times it was so hushed. Then they came back and blazed through some vintage corkers. Ohm was probably the highlight (was proper raucous and hypnotic) although I was giddy as feck for most of the 2nd set tbh. Fecking Decora - love that song.

First time at that venue as well, which I really liked.

So yeah, I'm sorry to say you missed a good one. Hopefully they'll be back soon enough. I'll absolutely be going again next time!

How are you getting on? Be sod's law if you're feeling tip top today.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
To add to my earlier post I’ve got tickets for the Cult, Ellie Sax and Orbital-(supported by Groove Armada and 808state. I’ve spent far too much money on tickets this year.

decorativeed

Hello mate. They were excellent! As you've seen, they played just over an hour of new stuff. Was really intimate - could hear a pin drop at times it was so hushed. Then they came back and blazed through some vintage corkers. Ohm was probably the highlight (was proper raucous and hypnotic) although I was giddy as feck for most of the 2nd set tbh. Fecking Decora - love that song.

First time at that venue as well, which I really liked.

So yeah, I'm sorry to say you missed a good one. Hopefully they'll be back soon enough. I'll absolutely be going again next time!

How are you getting on? Be sod's law if you're feeling tip top today.
Nah, feeling worse today than yesterday. Only upside is I'll now be very unlikely to miss my next two gigs due to covid in the next few weeks.

They did Ohm when I saw them at the Ritz maybe 9 years ago or something. It's a song that is better live than recorded, I reckon. Gutted I missed Decora and the other track from that album, My Heart's Reflection. I love Double Dare too, so sad I missed that one.

JimmyWils

Currently got tickets for Download and Bloodstock festivals - had a few individual gigs earlier in the year but hurtling toward festival season right now so things seem to have died down.

Only other ticket for later in the year is for Skindred, which is always a good party.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Usually attending to metal/rock gigs, but still stoked on Ladytron in July. Underrated electronic.

Eckers99

Nah, feeling worse today than yesterday. Only upside is I'll now be very unlikely to miss my next two gigs due to covid in the next few weeks.

They did Ohm when I saw them at the Ritz maybe 9 years ago or something. It's a song that is better live than recorded, I reckon. Gutted I missed Decora and the other track from that album, My Heart's Reflection. I love Double Dare too, so sad I missed that one.
What gigs you got coming up?

You're right about Ohm - I like it just fine on the album but it was a standout live. Decora was a treat, as was Double Dare. Gutted it's been and gone tbh, got no other gigs lined up right now. Need to rectify that really!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Seeing The 1975 at Finsbury Park but I’m mostly keen because they’re being supported by American Football and Bleachers

Then Bruce Springsteen the week after.

decorativeed

What gigs you got coming up?

You're right about Ohm - I like it just fine on the album but it was a standout live. Decora was a treat, as was Double Dare. Gutted it's been and gone tbh, got no other gigs lined up right now. Need to rectify that really!
Got the Flaming Lips in a couple of weeks then Quasi a couple of days later.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Black Country, New Road - May 5th.
Bruce Springsteen - May 7th
The Rills, Fat Dog & Chalk - May 8th
Sorcha Richardson, Sammy Copley & Rianne Downey - May 9th
Anna B Savage - June 3rd
Mary Wallopers - June 4th
All Together Now Festival - August
Will Butler & Sister Squares - November 18th

Probably going to go to the Self Esteem show in Sheffield in September with Confidence Man but that hasn't gone on sale yet.

M15 Red.

Off down to London to see Roc Marciano next week, then back up to Manchester to watch Havoc the following night. I consider both to be giants of hip hop and have never seen either of them live before, so really looking forward to the double header.

Ludens the Red

Currently got tickets for Download and Bloodstock festivals - had a few individual gigs earlier in the year but hurtling toward festival season right now so things seem to have died down.

Only other ticket for later in the year is for Skindred, which is always a good party.
Same, strong looking line ups. You seeing Skindred with kiss or alone?

JimmyWils

Same, strong looking line ups. You seeing Skindred with kiss or alone?
Yeah especially Download, looks brilliant for their 20th anniversary. I know I'd go every year but especially hyped about seeing BMTH for the first time.

Skindred on their own tour later this year. Seen Kiss a couple of times at Download, including last year's, but can't say I'd ever really pay a bunch for their own tour.