What did you call this when you played football as a kid?

redshaw

Flyaway as a 80s kid in Manchester. Casey for a proper one.

Art Vandelay

We called them a blow away.

Anyone ever played with the Japan/Korea World Cup ball? I played one match with one and it was mental. We had people shooting direct from goal kicks, I scored from about 35 yards with what was essentially a tackle, then I got a second after trying to pass a corner to a guy unmarked at the near post that hit a stone and flew straight up over the keeper. You had absolutely no clue where it was going to end up when you hit it except it was going up then far, far away.

redMundo

Flyaway as a 80s kid in Manchester. Casey for a proper one.
Same here on all counts apart from 80s, 90s for me.

The harder you hit them the slower they travelled!

Good for practicing kick-ups but used to much prefer to play with a tennis ball over these

decorativeed

Flyaway for me too.

Me and my mates used to go out with them in strong winds and take free kicks facing away from goal so the wind would reverse the direction toward goal. Very unpredictable results, but a lot of fun.

redshaw

Same here on all counts apart from 80s, 90s for me.

The harder you hit them the slower they travelled!

Good for practicing kick-ups but used to much prefer to play with a tennis ball over these
At junior school we played matches with a tennis ball on the concrete playground. Was all we were allowed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Flyaway or Jabulani if you wanted to come across more exotic

Chipper

Adulterer.
Playing on Blackpool beach with those as a young kid in the wind. :lol: If my dad scored past me I'd start running, trying to catch up to it and every time I got close a gust of wind would blow it out of my reach. Would end up trying to catch it for what seemed like 100 yards or more.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Called it a flyaway where I grew up in Manchester. Impossible to kick in a straight line. Practically unusable in windy conditions

Pughnichi

Would love to see the next charity match played with a flyaway

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Called it 'lets go and steal a ball from JJB rather play with this shit'.

Grew up in a rough area.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
We called it "Felele" which means light here in Nigeria. Had like a 100 of them as once I kicked some over the fence, they were never to be seen again, either that or they burst.

RocketRed

Supports
Liverpool
Penny floater to me and my mates, although a don't remember ever paying 1p for it

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Flyaway.

Used to love playing with them as a kid. Thought I was something special getting all that movement on a shot, until it ended up in someones garden and a thorn had popped it.
Used to love playing curby as well :drool:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Ah the Flyaway.

Could make even the Doctor's Note P.E. skipping geeks look like Brazilian Ronaldo.

MUFC OK

With the right wind, the flyaway was your best chance at creating Robert Carlos' Tournoi de France freekick.

Haha 100%. Only way to strike one of those. Shame they only travel about 15 yards.