What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Mylock

What we need is basically 4 things to improve
Energy in midfield​
an injury free season​
a inspiring leader on the line​
more goals​

Josep Dowling

The club is in the worse position it’s been post Sir Alex in my opinion and we have to deal with FFP. It’s going to take years to get this sorted.

In terms of sales you need to shift:

Maguire (can’t play a high line)
Varane (salary and injury prone)
Lindelof (not good enough)
Wan Bissaka (not good enough)
McTominay (played as a CM but can’t play that position, not good enough)
Casemiro (salary and been poor this season)
Eriksen (poor this season)
Sancho (salary and attitude)
Rashford (salary, attitude and not good enough)
Antony (not good enough)
Greenwood (we know why)
Martial (injury prone, not good enough. Going anyway)

The club has needed heart surgery, as Rangnick said, for years. We need to do exactly what Arsenal did and get rid of the high earners who aren’t performing. Buy hungry youngsters on lower wages fighting to get more money. We constantly bring in has beens on silly money, with no incentive to perform week in week out.

We need a new:

Starting LB ( Shaw can’t stay fit)
2x Starting CB (can play a high line and good on the ball)
Sub RB
2x Starting CM (DM and Eriksen type passer)
Starting RW
Sub ST

The above simply isn’t going to happen. The high earners won’t leave unless they’re paid so we are likely stuck with all of them. If we actually wanted to win the title that’s the level of squad build we need.

I just want the failed players gone and replaced with fresh faces. All new signings need lower wages and less years on their contracts. If they’re good enough extend their contract and give them more money. If they’re not good enough they can be shifted. It’s such a basic concept that the club has failed to do for 10 years.

Baneofthegame

The club is in the worse position it’s been post Sir Alex in my opinion and we have to deal with FFP. It’s going to take years to get this sorted.

In terms of sales you need to shift:

Maguire (can’t play a high line)
Varane (salary and injury prone)
Lindelof (not good enough)
Wan Bissaka (not good enough)
McTominay (played as a CM but can’t play that position, not good enough)
Casemiro (salary and been poor this season)
Eriksen (poor this season)
Sancho (salary and attitude)
Rashford (salary, attitude and not good enough)
Antony (not good enough)
Greenwood (we know why)
Martial (injury prone, not good enough. Going anyway)

The club has needed heart surgery, as Rangnick said, for years. We need to do exactly what Arsenal did and get rid of the high earners who aren’t performing. Buy hungry youngsters on lower wages fighting to get more money. We constantly bring in has beens on silly money, with no incentive to perform week in week out.

We need a new:

Starting LB ( Shaw can’t stay fit)
2x Starting CB (can play a high line and good on the ball)
Sub RB
2x Starting CM (DM and Eriksen type passer)
Starting RW
Sub ST

The above simply isn’t going to happen. The high earners won’t leave unless they’re paid so we are likely stuck with all of them. If we actually wanted to win the title that’s the level of squad build we need.

I just want the failed players gone and replaced with fresh faces. All new signings need lower wages and less years on their contracts. If they’re good enough extend their contract and give them more money. If they’re not good enough they can be shifted. It’s such a basic concept that the club has failed to do for 10 years.
I feel like it’s potentially possible, probably outside Case/Sancho/Antony who will all be hard to move for various reasons.

There are some could free agents available and with a sensible spend we can address some needs in the squad:

In:

Guirassy 15 million (release clause I believe)
Barkley Free
Adarabioyo Free
Diomande/Todibo 40-60 million
Onana 50-60 million

135 million

Out:

Lindelof 12 million
McSauce 30 million
Greenwood 20 million
Sancho Loan
Hannibal 5 million
Eriksen 5 million

72 million

There are probably other free agents out there who could improve the squad (Kelly, Guido etc), that’s a net spend of 63 million in the worst case which would improve the team and you could still have money for LB/RW:

Onana/Bayindir
Dalot/AWB
Diomande/Adarabioyo
Martinez/Maguire
Shaw/Malacia
Onana/Casemiro
Mainoo/Barkley
Bruno/Mount
Rashford/Garnacho
Hojlund/Guirassy
Garnacho/Antony

Still need many things, RW/Left back for Shaws injuries etc but is a start.