What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I don't know about the money and capablities and all, but if they can get Felix, Osimhen and Frenkie – assuming they all settle in fine and dandy – you'd have a great squad that I think would fit ETH's plans perfectly for the title challenges. For perfection see if you can get a ball playing GK and an all round back up in defense, who can play both fullback positions in case of busy schedules and injury lists, and one DM backup who is okay with playing only when Casemiro doesn't. This one would be extra luxury if Frenkie comes.

----
Now a list of the squad setup with the ideal summer mentioned above, minus the GK and extra defender/midfielder. Assuming Telles returns permanently and Frenkie comes, they are not priority to me. For easiness I considered a permanent Sabitzer as backup. I assume someone like McT could leave, but for now he'll count as DM backup.
----

GK: De Gea is good enough, maybe I don't consider goalkeepers enough, but a more ball playing option would be good in the long run. But for the overall play, I'd focus on buying field players for as long as De Gea is still around and gets along with his team mates. The backups are backups and should be fine – great is a luxury here.

CB: Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw.
FB: AWB, Shaw, Dalot, Malacia, Telles.

DM: Casemiro, Frenkie, McT, Sabitzer.
CM: Frenkie, Eriksen, Fred, Sabitzer.
AM: Bruno, Eriksen, Sancho, Felix.

WF: Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Felix, Garnacho.
CF: Osimhen, Felix, Martial, Rashford.

----
in a more exclusive to position way that counts as:
----

GK: De Gea, Heaton, whoever wants to be the loanie of the year.

RB: Wan-Bissaka, Dalot.
RCB: Varane, Lindelof.
LCB: Martinez, Maguire.
LB: Shaw, Malacia, Telles.

DM: Casemiro, McTominay.
CM: Frenkie, Sabitzer, Fred.
AM: Bruno, Eriksen.

RW: Sancho, Antony.
LW: Rashford, Garnacho

CF: Felix, Osimhen, Martial.

----

Look, an extra cover at CB could be nice, and so would a better DM than McT, but this squad as your main setup would be excellent in my eyes, with pretty strong cover for the first eleven, so we don't have to see setups like we've seen in recent games for game on game on end. Same goes for Maguire possibly needing a replacement, but with Shaw able to play there, as well, it could be much, much worse.

So, get Felix, Osimhen and Frenkie, and if you want make Sabitzer (or someone similar) permanent and you're a better side than you are now, with pretty much full coverage.

Bojan Djordjic

GK - Raya is an easy win. Shouldn't cost too much and would vastly improve our ability to play out from the back. Be ruthless with DDG and offer a take it or leave it reserve player package.
RCB - Zeno Debast from Anderlecht. Varane struggles to play week in week out and we need a succession plan. Debast is an excellent passer from the back and looks a great prospect at 19. Paired with the departure of Lindelof/Maguire and Tuanzebe and Jones, we should be able to achieve a net profit while future proofing our defence.
RB - Still think AWB is a liability so would want to sell him and replace with an outside the box cheap option in Matheuzinho. Should definitely be able to sell AWB for more than it would cost to buy Matheuzinho from Flamengo.
MF - Sell McTominay for €30-50mn and bring in Enzo le Fée/Bennacer/Cacqueret for that 8 position. This would provide rotation options for both Eriksen and Bruno (as Eriksen could play 10 if he needs a rest). These players are all good dribblers and would provide a little something different in MF.
AM - This is not a priority but only including it because apparently Arda Guler, one of the best prospects in Turkish football in many years, is supposedly available for €5mn this summer if he doesn't get a certain level of minutes this season and which he is well behind target to achieve. Guler is 17 and looks amazing and would be a great understudy to Bruno.
CF - For me it has to be Osimhen if we are being smart about our team building but we should also be looking for elite prospects in this position as we can't be dropping €100mn or loaning from the old folks home everytime we need a striker. Vitor Roque has probably left the stable in being able to sign cheaply but someone of a similar profile.

Obviously the outgoings are extremely important as we don't want another net spend of 200 odd million if it can be avoided and we really need to clear out dead wood where possible.

As important as many of the above signings for me is a world class set piece coach. We're leaving behind an enormous amount of goals because of our terrible set-piece record (albeit it has improved slightly of late).

croadyman

I think we'll sign.

Raya
Tielemans
Sabitzer
Gonçalo Ramos
Depends on who the owners are,obviously we aren't able to spend like Chelsea due to these new FFP rules they have put in place

GK Raya/Costa
CB N'dicka/Min-Jae
RB Frimpong (backup)
CDM (backup)
CM Barella/De Jong/Bellingham
ST Kane/Osimhen/Kolo-Muani/Ramos
ST Thuram (backup)

Obviously we aren't going to do all that in one summer. Could even throw in a Tielemans/Kroos on a free or make Sabitzer permanent.

IFC 1905

I’ll say it now: United should sign Federico Redondo, son of Fernando. Currently playing with Argentinos Juniors. He has huge potential.
If there’s any scout here, hope you read it before someone else takes him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’ll say it now: United should sign Federico Redondo, son of Fernando. Currently playing with Argentinos Juniors. He has huge potential.
If there’s any scout here, hope you read it before someone else takes him.
Cheap DM with reasonable wages as Casemiro's backup and understudy for long term replacement of Casemiro. I'm interested.

RopersReturn

Another defensive midfielder, a striker with a proven track record and another right sided winger plus throw in a GK. Of course a brand new stadium and upgraded training centre would be nice too.

croadyman

Another defensive midfielder, a striker with a proven track record and another right sided winger plus throw in a GK. Of course a brand new stadium and upgraded training centre would be nice too.
Any names in mind for DM or RW

Bwuk

I think yesterday highlighted again how weak we are in midfield.

Fred for all his hard work, and pressing will never be a play to pick the ball up from deep and dictate play.

We need someone who can play with, and fufil that role when Casemiro is unavailable.

croadyman

I think yesterday highlighted again how weak we are in midfield.

Fred for all his hard work, and pressing will never be a play to pick the ball up from deep and dictate play.

We need someone who can play with, and fufil that role when Casemiro is unavailable.
Who you got in mind as backup DM,be very surprised if went big on Caicedo UNLESS Erik goes big on Rashford as no 9

BorisManUtd

I imagine this summer we'd pay big money for starting CM and ST, then everything else would depend on sales. Like: Raya in after Henderson sale, new RB if AWB is to leave, new CB after Maguire leaves, DM backup to Casemiro after McTominay sale, ST backup after Martial sale. We could get some decent money for likes of Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Williams, van de Beek, Elanga as well.

Erik the Red

I imagine this summer we'd pay big money for starting CM and ST, then everything else would depend on sales. Like: Raya in after Henderson sale, new RB if AWB is to leave, new CB after Maguire leaves, DM backup to Casemiro after McTominay sale, ST backup after Martial sale. We could get some decent money for likes of Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Williams, van de Beek, Elanga as well.
Don't disagree with any of those sales, but there is no way we will manage to sell a whole team in one window. This just shows the mess that the previous regimes have left us in...

croadyman

Who would be your top targets for this summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
High priority:
Striker.
CM to rotate with Eriksen
Ball playing keeper to be able to play from the back. Raya is my preference since he should be available cheap or reasonable price.

Next priority:
Backup DM. There has to be a young DM out there may be in South America that we can get for cheap and capable to be Casemiro's backup and be understudy for Casemiro's long term replacement.
Young CB to be understudy for Varane's long term replacement.

If we can sell Bissaka then we'll buy new right back.

croadyman

High priority:
Striker.
CM to rotate with Eriksen
Ball playing keeper to be able to play from the back. Raya is my preference since he should be available cheap or reasonable price.

Next priority:
Backup DM. There has to be a young DM out there may be in South America that we can get for cheap and capable to be Casemiro's backup and be understudy for Casemiro's long term replacement.
Young CB to be understudy for Varane's long term replacement.

If we can sell Bissaka then we'll buy new right back.
Who you got in mind for CM to rotate with Eriksen and young backup CB out of interest

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Who you got in mind for CM to rotate with Eriksen and young backup CB out of interest
Tielemans for free or may be Sabitzer if he's done well. Those are realistic names that I think we can get for cheap. Mac Allister would be the expensive option.

Not too sure about the CB. May be Maxence Lacroix or Timber or may be Alvarez (Ajax).

croadyman

Tielemans for free or may be Sabitzer if he's done well. Those are realistic names that I think we can get for cheap. Mac Allister would be the expensive option.

Not too sure about the CB. May be Maxence Lacroix or Timber or may be Alvarez (Ajax).
Mac Allister yes good shout,it's annoying because would like to see Sabitzer stay on but we need another creative option than Eriksen

I put forward Kroos as a free agent option in this thread but someone replied to say he's not the same player now. Despite his age I wouldn't mind a season maybe two of Benzema provided we still get a starter too.

lysglimt

Scout
The way I see it - if we get a quality striker, a quality central midfielder and a good back-up central defender as Maguire will leave in the summer, in addition to keeping Weghorst or Sabitzer, we should fight for the title next year. Weghorst will probably happily accept being a sub in most games - and wont cost much. Even if he doesn't score enough, he works hard and will do a decent job as a back-up striker

If we sign a striker who scores a fair amount of goals, keep Rashford on one wing and Sancho, Garnacho or Antony on the other (even Bruno or Martial could play there)- then we have a strong attacking line-up with good cover.

In midfield there are rumours about McTominay leaving - if we swap him for Sabitzer, and also sign a younger, more dynamic midfielder. I still think Declan Rice would be perfect for us, but will probably be too expensive, same with Bellingham who probably doesnt even want to come to us. But it has to be a level above players like Neves and Tielemans. So Eriksen, Casemiro, Fred, Bruno, Sabitzer and one more quality midfielder - and we are well-covered. Then we should let Mainoo go out on loan.

Defensively - Martinez and Varane, with Lindelof and a replacement for Maguire as backup, is more than good enough. Shaw is an obvious first-choice at left back with Malacia as cover - and Dalot and AWB are perfectly ok on the right. Ideally we would get a better right-back in, but I would say a midfielder and a striker is a much bigger priority.

LuckyScout78

My new update. What you United need to winning premier league and becoming a dominating winning team in the future and years to come.

And if i am Ten Hag i am considering those players:

+ A super creative and offensive CM is a MUST. To be honest. Christian Eriksen and Marcel Sabitzer is really good and creative cm playmaker. But i am demanding and it required a world class level of a nr.8. Neither of Eriksen and Sabitzer is on world class and top level. Those 2 players are on very good level. The level under the top level. And above "the good level".
I am looking for a new Paul Scholes for an example. Scoles, Yaya Toure, Fabregas and Iniesta level. The world class and top level.

And i can feel and undestand why Ten Hag want Frenkie De Jong so much. Not sure if Ten Hag has give up on De Jong. As a creative and offensive cm playmaker. I do agree Frenkie De Jong is the closest to the top level you can find.
De Jong > Eriksen & Sabitzer. De Jong is clearly above Eriksen and Sabitzer. And why? It is the ability and confidence to beat and pass opponent players from cm area. Neither of Eriksen and Sabitzer has that ability. They are more of precise passer playmaker. Not like De Jong running with the ball ability.

Alternative to Frenkie De Jong is Nicolo Barella from Inter Milan and Italy. Barella has both the pass and dribbling ability. But not as good dribbler as De Jong. But if you can find a new Paul Scholes. Scholes passer were as effecient as De Jong running with the ball. Paul Scholes trough passes and assist passes from the cm area.

+ Another position i think is a must too is CF. Because Martial get so much and often injury lately and each season. But if you get Frenkie De Jong as new nr.8. Bruno and wingers at De Jong level. It will be much easier to play as United CF. Life as United's CF would be much easier.

United have been both link with Kane and Osihmen. Osihmen is more of a sniper than Kane. Kane is more of an allround CF, beside his clinical finishing ability. Injury free. I think both of them are good enough to help United to winning premier league and further. On top for many years to come.

The 3rd option i am considering is Goncalo Ramos. The new upcoming and really clinical CF. Ramos is more of Kane type of CF. Osihmen is the athletic , explosive and super quick CF.

+ Then a new CB i think is really close to a "Must Buy " for me. Personally. Varane is a really good CB. But too soft for me like and do get injury here and there. United and Ten Hag need a beast of a CB. A new Stam, Desailly or Brazil and ex Inter legend Lucio. A fear factor in the defend. Hard to beat and hard to pass one on one. Neither of Maguire and Varane has it in them.
If Casemiro is a cement as cm player. Stam, Desailly and Lucio = world class CB = are the cement and the fundament to become and winning and dominating team. Every top team need that boss and beast of CB in their line up.

There are 2 CB options i am considering. Always looking and compare to the highest level of CB ever. The first like i have mentioned earlier is Kim Min Jae from Napoli. Lead and help Napoli to first Scudetto over 30 years. Min Jae get to be a big factor and reason why Napoli are where they are now.

The other CB i am considering and following is Benfica upcoming and promising CB in Antonio Silva.

So sum up mine recommendations. At the date 15.02.2023:

+ CM options = Frenkie De Jong or Nicolo Barella

+ CF options = Osihmen, Kane and Goncalo Ramos

+ CB options = Kim Min Jae & Antonio Silva

All of those players are still in the champion league. Unless De Jong who will meet United later in Europa league. So i will keep follow them and make a later decision and final conlusion closer to the end of the season.
Its hard only pick to one from each position. But as a CF. Like i have mentioned above. It depend on the service they get from their teammates. The nr,8, nr,10, wingers and full backs.
CM/nr.8 is a must. CB is close to a must. United i think can win the premier league with Rashford, Martial and a new super sup of a CF. But again. Martial's injury lately. United do need a new top CF.

Get closest to top level of those 3 positions. CM, CF and CB. A stronger central spine. Are 3 big factors and will help and lead United closer and winning the premier league an becoming a dominating team in the future. That are what is need, demand and required to become a winning dominating team.

Example of future dominating winning team:

United in the 90 : Schmeichel, Stam, Keane&Scholes , Yorke/Cole and Cantona.
France late 90 : Desailly & Thuram CBs , Vieria CM, Henry CF

That were the top level and world class of a central spine. Spice them with Giggs and Beckham as wide players. Arsenal and France with Robert Pires. That were the quality of the puzzles and make a bigger picture = champion of premier league and World

BorisManUtd

Who would be your top targets for this summer
Osimhen and de Jong as obvious ones. There are also players like Goncalo Ramos and Caicedo that seem to be good. But can't lie I watched any of those players play much. More a case of having trust in ten Hag as it seems that he rates these players. Right signings at CM and ST would surely take us to next level so hope we spend lot there and on right players.

lysglimt

Scout
I have been very this and that of what we need - a striker and a central midfielder. But if I am honest - if Martial and Weghorst werent our strikers, and we instead had a Kane or an Osimhen, we would probably be up there with Arsenal now. That is how close we really are. But since we could get struck with injuries etc - we need a bit more depth.

But without lots of injuries - we are a top-class striker away from really fighting for the title. If we have Rashford on the left, an Osimhen/Kane in the middle and Sancho/Antony on the right - we are there or thereabouts

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Some thoughts:

Players I would not target
There are some guys we are linked with, that I would — not — target for various reasons. Turning down players that aren’t a fit is just as important as the signings, as we learned from Woodward’s tenure.

They are:
*Declan Rice — First of all, I only see him as a CDM for us. You can’t spend 70-80m on a back-up for Casemiro who easily could play 90% of our most important games the coming 4-5 years if we are lucky.

Second of all, I think Rice has the perfect tool set to become a Casemiro type of player. But facts are that as far as I know, he has never played one single game for a team that tries to play up from the back. I mean, this is an issue. It looks so easy when Casemiro does it, but when Bruno or Sabitzer drops deep in Cas’ absence, it doesn’t look as easy. Of course Rice has more experience and can do it, even if WH per se doesn’t look to play up from the GK (you get those situations anyway), but nah, I would be a bit concerned.

*Mason Mount — He is another guy that just isn’t a natural fit in how we play, and it’s also showing under Potter.

He is a really good AMC, but not for a team that plays the way we do. KDB is like a perfect AMC for ETH. If we have a someone like FDJ at No 8, someone that does more of the dirty work isn’t wrong. Pressing etc. I cannot see how MM would be a good signing for us giving his value.

*Dusan Vlahovic — This is one I really would — not — want. He is a non-factor in the pressing game. Even if he is really big and heavy, he isn’t exactly Duncan Ferguson II in the box. He has a great left foot, he is a talented footballer, but I don’t think he would give us an edge.

The Striker

(1) The general notion is that our priority 1, 2 and 3 is getting a striker; and Oshimen, Kane and even Vlahovic is mentioned.

But in reality, it is complicated. It would be a very Woodward/old MUFC thing to do and set our sights on getting one of Kane/Oshimen and chasing that until the 11th hour without the best outcome.

Can Oshimen be had? Great. You do it. But Napoli could be the CL winner for all we know. Or more likely, having come close to winning it. He has 2 years left on his contract. Napoli won’t lose a penny by holding on to him until there is 1 year left on his contract. Everyone failed to get Khouibaly for a long while. If Napoli starts to sell one of the nukes, why would the others stay? I could definitely see them saying, nope, not for sale this summer. Call us back in a year if you are interested,

I have a bit of a hard time deciding on Kane. 5 years ago, I would be surprised if ETH didn’t see him as a great option. But he is playing an insane amount of games. He is Tottenham’s Bruno, and he is what 6’2-3 and 30. Previous years, he has had his fair share of injuries.

The one I really would like to see us target is Benjamin Sesko. Sesko is great at pressing, he is a treat in the air, he is a really good finisher.

But would Leipzig sell him before he even played a game for them? Well they have depth at the striker position with Werner back. But I would go high on the transfer fee in an offer for him. Like I am sure anyone who have seen him a lot would agree with, the kid is from a talent point of view the real deal. 6’4, but the same explosiveness as someone like Haaland. That is unique. He is a really hard worker. And he has great technique. Sure, he is a bit raw, but he is what, 19 y/o.

My strategy would be this:
Finding the right striker isn’t easy. I would:
(a) Keep Antony Martial, and
(b) buy Wout Weghorst from Burnley for say 15m. (And no, I am not suggesting this because I think it would be popular ;) )

And, I would offer Enzo money to RB Leipzig for Benjamin Sesko, say €120m.

Make it clear from the get go that Sesko will be eased into the lineup, despite the price tag. If Martial is healthy, ETH will gladly use him. I don’t hold Wout higher than anyone else, but facts are that we are winning games with Wout on the pitch. He is learning ETH ball. He is definitely an asset on the press. His link-up isn’t half bad at times.

But most importantly, if he sits on the bench for 3 months in the row if Martial is healthy, it’s not the end of the world. He would know the conditions. And as a vet, it’s easier to come in ‘cold’ and contribute. Perfect 3rd string striker, or perhaps not perfect, but you get what I mean. He would be acceptable.

Sesko can be the No 1 when Martial is hurt and rotate with Martial when healthy. The aim is to get someone who can grow into his game under ETH.

Spend: 135m

AMC and Wing

Here, I would first of all sell players, namely Antony Elanga and Facundo Pellestri. We should be able to get close to 20m for Elanga and 10-15m for Pellestri.

I would also bring back Amad Diallo. He is a better fit in ETHs system, especially as a RW but he could also fill in as a AMC. The kid’s touch on the ball is world class, so is his balance and the quickness of his feet. He has an amazing touch when passing the ball to. Is he ready to be a star in the PL/CL? No, but I firmly believe that he can contribute.

I have seen him at least 15-20 times this year. Remember that he besides his talents on the ball:
(a) Tracks back really well. Mowbray comments on this a lot, he is constantly leading the relevant stats for Sunderland.
(b) He is great at getting first to loose balls, and especially not just getting a toe on them, but keeping them within the team.

Midfield
I would of course touch base with Jude Bellingham, but I would never consider paying 100+m for him. He is a box to box midfielder who is fairly skilled, but like miles behind someone like FDJ and the likes. The one unique thing about him right now is that he is ‘19 y/o’, but at the same time, he is a really early bloomer. Ansu Fati scored for Barca when he was 16 y/o, doesn’t mean that the development curve will keeping heading up to the sky. All youth must be evaluated on a case by case basis. Given his age, if Bellingham want to force his way to us and Dortmund takes 75m, you do it. No reason whatsoever to overpay for a No 8 who isn’t even a great fit (if FDJ is the prototype of what ETH wants).

But if that can’t be done, I am perfectly happy with Marcel Sabitzer. At 28 he is in his prime, he is a work horse who can cover a ton of distance. He can play as a No 8 or as an AMC or even on the wing if needed. I think he is better than Eriksen, but those two rotating is acceptable unless someone like FDJ can be had (I assume he won’t be available).

So sign Marcel Sabitzer from Bayern for say what, 30m?

In addition, I would sign Jurrien Timber, with say an expected cost of 50m — as a back-up to Casemiro, who can also rotate with Varane. I’ve seen a lot of Timber the last years like many others. He has definitely taken a step back — this season — compared to last season. But at the same time, he is starting 100% of the games for Ajax, in all competitions, and he has played a ton for the Netherlands. That is an insane workload for a 21 y/o CB. Many claim that this kid has insane potential, and can be the next Cannavaro when he hits his prime, Balon D’Or winning CB. I am not sure if he really has elite elite potential, but the kid has so much football in him. Think his development would take off if he could come to a top club, get a little lighter work load, and be a part of building something really special. ETH hinted at him having captain material when he was 19 y/o. Can’t have enough of that.

I would sell McTominay no doubt — do we get 25m? — but keep Fred one more year. Fred is an central part of the lockerroom, and does OK on average. If Fred is sold, the notion would be to have Hannibal Mejbri as a last option CM. But I think it’s best to loan out Mejbri one more year, and aim to have him replace Fred another year down the line if it makes sense then.

Defense
One player I have considered a lot back and forth is 21 y/o Josko Gvardiol. I think he is a perfect LCB for ETH. At the same time — we already have a 25 y/o Lissandro Martinez there as well as a Luke Shaw who have done a remarkable job when played at CB.

But at the bottom line, I would want us to go for Gvardiol even if the cost is 85-90m. He is that good. Tremendously poised when pressured. A great passer. Strong physically. At 21, he can of course still develop a lot.

What we have seen with ETH is that if the skill is there, he can create a team of players even if they are moved from their natural position. With Gvardiol we would be heavy at LCB, but at the same time, you need depth. And having elite options at all positions is our goal.

The ball playing ability of our CBs and their overall play is so important for our game. We can play great with Wout at Striker and Fred as a No 8, at least if Casemiro is on the pitch, but we could never play well against the better teams without basically having Lisandro/Shaw and Varane on the pitch. If Martinez is hurt Shaw is playing every game and so is Malacia. Lindelof was sick today, but that is next to Martinez. You play Shaw-Martinez-Varane-Darlot one game and then Malacia-Gvardiol-Timber-AWB the next, and we are talking elite defense.

Pay the 90m to get him.

At CB, I would sell both of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof. Do we get 50m in total? I think so.

I would — not — sell AWB. Sorry, he has been way to good lately. Full-backs tends to get injured a lot too.

Goalkeeper
Of course, Dean Henderson should be sold. Do we get 20m? Sheffield United is playing in the Premier League again next season. Hopefully they are willing to ant up for Henderson.

I am not really in a position to judge if DDG should be kept, exactly how big impact it has that his passing is behind the top ball playing keepers. If DDG is not retained, I actually wouldnt mind bringing in Manuel Neuer (he is done for Bayern, big public fall out with the brass) next to a younger keeper like Mielier. But I think DDG is resigned.

Total spend incoming: 305m
Total sale: 125m

This would leave us with a good 50-60m to spend on young talents, which is an area that has been neglected by the Glazers for a long long time. Let’s not lose out on more Enzo Fernandez players for 15m… Of those youth players, we should definitely spend a little extra to get a top young 17-18 y/o CDM that could fill in from the youth team if we get a lot of injuries there. In addition, we should have some dry powder for January.

Depth chart
ST — Martial/Sesko/Weghorst
LW — Rash/Garnacho/Sancho
AMC — Bruno/Sancho/Diallo/Fred
RW — Antony/Diallo/Sancho
MC — Sabitzer/Eriksen/Fred
CDM — Casemiro/Timber
LB — Shaw/Malacia
LCB — Martinez/Gvardiol
RCB — Varane/Timber
RB — Dalot/AWB/Timber
GK — DDG/someone

Wrecking ralf

There’s one I want and I think under Erik he could be immense. Kouadio Kone. He’s still raw at 21 but he’s just one that I always look at and wonder about him developing into his prime years under this regime. I wanted Caicedo before he even went to Brighton. The lad is Makalele reborn. I think Kvaratskhelia will be one of the best in the world one day and must be bought. As a striker I love Vlahovic. Gvardiol is a bit of a dream but I don’t think players are out of reach for us anymore. Our project will be taken notice of and will be exciting to young promising players now. Lafont would be my keeper too. Love that lad. Like the look of Frimpong too. Really wanted Porro but I can’t see that happening now.

My dream team within 2 years would be this. I stress the word dream though cause I just know ETH will find better players haha.

Lafont​

Frimpong Gvardiol Martinez Malacia

Kone Caicedo​

Kvaratskhelia Bruno Rashford​

Vlahovic

aeh1991

Buy:
Raya, GK
Kim Min-Jae, RCB
Frimpong, RB/RWB
Frenkie de Jong, CM
Osimhen, CF

Sell:
Maguire, CB
Wan Bissaka, RB
McTominay, DM
Van de Beek, CM
Elanga, RW
Pellistri, RW
(Martial, CF)

First team integration:
Laird, RB
Mainoo, DM/CM
Hannibal, CM
Amad, RW/AM
(bad guy?? CF/RW)

End of loan:
Butland, GK
Sabitzer, CM
Weghorst, CF

jamesjimmybyrondean

We currently have too many players in the starting 11 that are sloppy with possession which is why we sometimes struggle to control games. I think this window asides buying players that fill in positions of priority, they should also be able to keep the ball.

ST - Felix
CM - De Jong or Lobotka
GK - No clue

Ideally:

Felix
Rashford Bruno Antony
De Jong Casemiro
Shaw Martinez Varane Dalot
DDG​

Last edited:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
We currently have too many players in the starting 11 that are sloppy with possession which is why we sometimes struggle to control games. I think this window asides buying players that fill in positions of priority, they should also be able to keep the ball.

ST - Felix
CM - De Jong or Lobotka
GK - No clue

Ideally:

Felix
Rashford Bruno Antony
De Jong Casemiro
Shaw Martinez Varane Dalot
DDG​
I don’t have Felix or FDJ in my team above, but if either or both becomes available, I am all for it.