Mctominay
Henderson
DVB
CF - Kane(100M)
CM - Mount(50M)
CB - Kim(50M)
CM - Rabiot(free)
GK - Costa(60M)

We are not buying a RB apparently. Probably the same list, but replace RB with another CM, maybe Rabiot but hopefully someone better.

My calculations tell me its gonna be over 260M easily.

Dunno if Kane is affordable enough.

prateik

Rasmus + Kim + Mount for ~ 150m... maybe a little less.
Maguire + Scotty + Henderson out for ~ 100m .

So net spend would be ~50m..
Get a keeper .. ~50m

We should be able to afford this without any takeover money.

Get a top striker if we get some takeover money.

If Spurs want Henderson + Maguire, maybe we can get a deal for Kane.

Also, Elanga could leave + Williams .. so maybe 10ish million there.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
CF - Kane(100M)
CM - Mount(50M)
CB - Kim(50M)
CM - Rabiot(free)
GK - Costa(60M)

We are not buying a RB apparently. Probably the same list, but replace RB with another CM, maybe Rabiot but hopefully someone better.

think we’ll get two strikers out of Hojlund/Thuram + Kane/Toney

Woziak

The reality is the club has no money until it pays off it’s credit card revolving line of £200m at the end of the month with all the shenanigans of the Takeover Turmoil let’s try and work on the bases of three scenarios;

Scenario A - The Glazers do not make their mind up until September/October but have kept both potential owners in the loop. Arnold, ETH and Murtourgh carry on their work and look to spend £175-185m after Sales are made. We Sell D Henderson, Fred, H Maguire, E Bailey, B Williams, A Elanga, A Telles for about £75m but Williams, Henderson and Elanga are all net profit £40m which basically buys you £100m player over 5 years at £20m and pays his £15m per year wages on your books.
This is the current path we are on and probably means we would sign;
D Raya(35m), KMJ(50m), A Rabiot(Free), M Mount (60m), R Hojlund (40m), M Thuram (Free)

Scenario B -
The most likely right now SJR buys the club with his Glazers put and call deal within next two weeks meaning he takes control in sone form by July. He wants to make a statement and appoints Paul Clements as DOF we sell All of the above list but add S Mctominay and M Greenwood for about £65m so we now have about £320m to spend and probably means we sign ; D Costa(55m), KMJ(50m), R Lavia (35m), M Mount(55m),
R Hojlund(40m), H Kane (90m)

Scenario C -
The least likely takeover option but it could still happen SJ and Qatar takeover the club within 2 weeks, Clear the debt in July and instruct a complete clear out all of the above from the two above lists plus AWB, A Martial and J Sancho and Spend £400m on the following ; D Costa (50m),
J Frimpong(30m), KMJ (50m), M Caciedo (75m), M Veratti(25m), M Mount(50m), V Osimhen(120m), Neymar (Loan)

They will pay less on some deals because the Qataris will pay some of them in one instalment not over 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:

croadyman

World class forward/striker. I think we need 2 midfielders who are good ball carriers and fairly press resistant. A starting GK as well is absolutely paramount.

I'd say those 4 are the priority. Less priority needs are another CB for cover and a RB(I remain unconvinced on AWB and Dalot long-term).
Definitely need two midfielders

croadyman

CF - Kane(100M)
CM - Mount(50M)
CB - Kim(50M)
CM - Rabiot(free)
GK - Costa(60M)

Like that window

ROFLUTION

Is Verratti worth a gamble ? Heard he might be open to leaving PSG
Considering Casemiro is 31, Fred 30, Bruno 28, Eriksen 31, then I'd go for someone with more longevity than a 30 year old Verratti or else we'll have a huge problem when they all retire/become crap at the same time.

Mount on the other hand fits the age-profile well, he's 24.

ROFLUTION

Looks defensively sound and has that portuguese swagger about him, maybe we could poach him?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hojund, mount, Kim, Costa and maybe rabiot and that’s a decent window. If we sign hojund and spurs manage to keep Kane then we sign him for free next year and have 2 quality strikers.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Looks defensively sound and has that portuguese swagger about him, maybe we could poach him?
Think the time for this one as gone. I remember him at Benfica and he was quality but he’s 35 now and not what we need.

norm87cro

Well two CBs and a GK that can comand his 5 yard box.
CBs purley because:
Maguire is not good enough
Lindelof is one of the worst CBs in our history
Varane is injury prone
Martinez despite his qualities is short and we will ship in a few next season if he doesnt have a tall/relaible partner beside him

Rice would do us good and Kane or somebody who is a proven CF it makes no difference to me

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t think we have the funds to meet the asking price of Kane from Levy. Plus Real is in search for a striker too. So,

CF - Hojlund (50m)
CM - Mount(50m)
CB - Kim(50m)
CM - Rabiot (free)
GK - Costa(50m)

Suppose we only have around 120m net budget to spend this summer, we will need to offload a few to raise the funds:

Maguire (30m minus 10m wage = 20m)
Mctominay (25m)
Henderson (20m)
VDB (15m)
Telles (5m)
Bailly (5m)

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
CF - Kane
CM - Mount
CB - Kim
RB - Frimpong
GK - Costa

I think that's £220m ish and we make around £100m in player sales

Maguire
AWB (Dalot just signed a new contract)
Mctominay
Henderson
DVB
It’s already been said that we have put RB on the long finger, it won’t be done this summer

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm amazed it's taken so long for someone to make this "link"

SKY GERMANY

Manchester United are eyeing a potential move for Bayern Munich midfielder Leon Goretzka.

croadyman

Don’t think we have the funds to meet the asking price of Kane from Levy. Plus Real is in search for a striker too. So,

CF - Hojlund (50m)
CM - Mount(50m)
CB - Kim(50m)
CM - Rabiot (free)
GK - Costa(50m)

Suppose we only have around 120m net budget to spend this summer, we will need to offload a few to raise the funds:

Mctominay (25m)
Henderson (20m)
VDB (15m)
Telles (5m)
Bailly (5m)
Think those valuations are pretty good apart from maybe Costa who would be nearer £65m

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ramos - 80m
Mount - 69m
Kim - 45m
Raya - 30m
Rabiot - free

Ramos
Rashford Bruno Antony
Mount Casemiro
Shaw Martinez Kim Awb
Raya

The-Mezzala

Considering Casemiro is 31, Fred 30, Bruno 28, Eriksen 31, then I'd go for someone with more longevity than a 30 year old Verratti or else we'll have a huge problem when they all retire/become crap at the same time.

Mount on the other hand fits the age-profile well, he's 24.
Yeah fair point. Wow Fred is 30 some reason thought he was younger

Woziak

CF - Hojlund (50m)
CM - Mount(50m)
CB - Kim(50m)
CM - Rabiot (free)
GK - Costa(50m)

Mctominay (25m)
Henderson (20m)
VDB (15m)
Telles (5m)
Bailly (5m)
We’ll get more for Maguire

The-Mezzala

CF - Hojlund (50m)
CM - Mount(50m)
CB - Kim(50m)
CM - Rabiot (free)
GK - Costa(50m)

Mctominay (25m)
Henderson (20m)
VDB (15m)
Telles (5m)
Bailly (5m)
That would be a great window.. Add Frimpong potentially not convinced by Dalot or AwB a personally

ROFLUTION

Does not matter if Chelsea want £80m for Mount with 12 months on his contract well got £40m for an England international
Interesting that you have a crystal ball that can tell Maguire’s price with certainty.

Ceteris

I know everyone keeps talking about what we could have done if we had a number 9 but i jsut checked our stats for assists this season. I am not sure if our wingers are assist first type of players.

Rashford and Antony seem to be shoot first by default.

So should we buy a striker are they going to be satisfied with beat your man wide and put a cross in or a cut back for our manin striker?

Just wondering

Andersons Dietician

Currently since I’m guessing Bellingham is out of our reach with Kane and Osi joining that we should do something like this.

Kim 51 mil
Mount40 mil (know way do Chelsea get more than that)
Hoiland 50 mil (give him the year see how he gets on)
Rice80 mil (no way does he go for 100mil)

It wouldn’t be my preferred list but I think that’s more likely than spending 120 on Osi or 100 mil for Kane.
maybe Greendevort will be back.

DDG
Bissaka-Kim-Martinez-Shaw
Cas-Rice
Bruno
Antony-Hoiland-Rashford
Bench, GK, Varane, Lindelof, Dalot, Eriksen, Mount, Sancho Garnacho, Greendevort

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Here’s what I’d aim for. Can see Chelsea wanting too much for Mount and Spurs wasting our time with Kane, but there’s some decent freebies to be had. Shift some deadwood and it can probably be done under budget.

Out:

Maguire - 30m
Elanga - 10m
Bailly - free
Telles - 5m
McTominay - 30m
Henderson - 30m
Greenwood - ?
Williams - 5m
Van De Beek - 10m

Total: 120m

In:

Diogo Costa - 50m
Min Jae - 50m
Caicedo - 70m
Rabiot - Free
Hojlund - 40m
Marcus Thuram - Free

Total: 210m.

-90m net

Cathy Ferguson

Here’s what I’d aim for. Can see Chelsea wanting too much for Mount and Spurs wasting our time with Kane, but there’s some decent freebies to be had. Shift some deadwood and it can probably be done under budget.

Out:

Maguire - 30m
Elanga - 10m
Bailly - free
Telles - 5m
McTominay - 30m
Henderson - 30m
Greenwood - ?
Williams - 5m
Van De Beek - 10m

Total: 120m

In:

Diogo Costa - 50m
Min Jae - 50m
Caicedo - 70m
Rabiot - Free
Hojlund - 40m
Marcus Thuram - Free

Total: 210m.

-90m net
Decent shout even though I would not pay 50m for Costa, Caicedo would cost 80m and Höjlund might not be ready to lead our line. I would aim for a cheaper goalie and throw 100m at Levy.

jesperjaap

Adding wages into th eargument, majority of free transfer dotn seem right to me. If we were to get Hoijlund, Mount and Jae....we are still spending £130m bare minimum and even then we need a new number 2 keeper at the veyr least, a Casemeiro second option and a second striker. And we still dont know if these deals even happen if advanced

I still think there are some bargains wth great value out there:

GK
Vicario or Yehvann Diouf, both £20m or under, even if DeGea doesnt stay and the contract ends and we spend big on Costa for example....we still need a number two, both are a negative net spend replacing Henderson

CB
Bella Kotchap See figures of £20-25m for him and surprised not huge links with any teams so far, think he massivley improves several top sides in the premiership. If Jae doesnt happen, I would liek us to go for him, top player in the making I feel and comign in as back up here be good breakign him in

CM

I think Lavia at £40m is a big fee for a back u with a years experience and think Mainoo can break through. However seend a Andre and Varela of SOuth America mentioned by a few youtubers and both seem to be around the £15m mark, being further down this summer big priorities, I think these kind of deals make sense....ones we should have done with Caicedo for example

CM
Caqueret Been four players I have really wanted us to sign fromLigue 1 the last coupeo of years, Camavinga has already gone to Madrid. Lukeba is a left sided centre back and I dont think would be a decent fee now so that one doesnt really happen. But Caqueret around £30-40m represents far better value than Mount if CHelsea play hardbal.WOuld sign him over Mount anyway as I think he offers more all over th epitch but the final third and really suits what we need in a midfielder to already replace Eriksen. Why nobody has been in for him is beyond me

CF
We need to sign two strikers, people talkig about Hoijlund as if he is the second striker signing...at £50m? We arent spending that and additional £70-100m on Kane, Omishen or Muani surely? I think there are a few good options...
Thuram Free and probably decent wages even though a few may be after him, pace and power
Ekitike Seems PSG are willing to let him leave after just a season where he has barely had chances. Newcastle were al over him alst season, considering the prices being quoted for strikers, PSG gettign there money back, the talent he has and as a second option for us, could turn into a bargain
Amine Giouri Surprised nobody around Europe went in for him last season where he moved to Rennes, always been a fan. Not see them this season, but he has a 1 in 2 goal record and so much technical ability. Again £30-35m I think represents far more value than some of the names mentioned like Muani for twice the price. Wheter Rennes would entretain is another thing altogether

I think we need 6/7 signings ths summer and even with a fire sale which may well happen, we only manage that making 3/4 signings of this ilk or a couple of free signings.

Sadly for me, by far the least likely is Caqueret as we are in for Mount and barely seen any credible links to him with us, but he would be my ideal signing. Not sayhing he is the best player, but he suits our midfield number needs to a tee for me

Woziak

Interesting that you have a crystal ball that can tell Maguire’s price with certainty.
There always one that has to be sarcastic, my point was asking for £40m for Maguire is as ridiculous as asking £80m for M Mount with 12 months left on his contract Harry has 2+1 left on his so yes we as a club can ask for £40m for Englands starting CB who has nearly 3 leats left on his contract, doesn’t mean we’ll get it but I doubt Chelsea will get £80m for Mount either !

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Rumours that Messi has offers from two PL teams - how have are "wonderful, always truthful" newspapers not linked us with him yet? :nono::D

Rauður Djöfull

In a dream scenario something like this

Get rid of
Telles
Bailly
Maguire
Martial
Van De Beek
Henderson
Elanga
maybe Fred / McTominay (doubt we get rid of both in one window)

Get in:
Costa / Verbruggen (and keep De Gea for a season as keeper is bedded in?)
Kim Min-jae
Xavi Simmons / Maddison (the latter is cheaper and pl proven)
Caicedo
Rabiot (free agent)
Kane
Højlund

Squad for next season:
GK: Costa / Vrebruggen + De Gea
DR: AWB + Dalot
DL: Luke Shaw + Malacia
DC: Varane + Kim + Martinez + Lindelof
CM: Casemiro + Eriksen + Bruno + Xavi Simmons / Maddison + Caicedo + Rabiot
MR: Antony + Sancho (Diallo/ Pellistri)
ML: Rashford + Garnacho (Diallo / Pellistri)
ST: Kane + Højlund

Maybe keep Mejbri for depth or loan? Not sure, if we could sell with buy back clause might be smart

or something, time to turn off my Fifa

croadyman

In a dream scenario something like this

Get rid of
Telles
Bailly
Maguire
Martial
Van De Beek
Henderson
Elanga
maybe Fred / McTominay (doubt we get rid of both in one window)

Get in:
Costa / Verbruggen (and keep De Gea for a season as keeper is bedded in?)
Kim Min-jae
Xavi Simmons / Maddison (the latter is cheaper and pl proven)
Caicedo
Rabiot (free agent)
Kane
Højlund

Squad for next season:
GK: Costa / Vrebruggen + De Gea
DR: AWB + Dalot
DL: Luke Shaw + Malacia
DC: Varane + Kim + Martinez + Lindelof
CM: Casemiro + Eriksen + Bruno + Xavi Simmons / Maddison + Caicedo + Rabiot
MR: Antony + Sancho (Diallo/ Pellistri)
ML: Rashford + Garnacho (Diallo / Pellistri)
ST: Kane + Højlund

Maybe keep Mejbri for depth or loan? Not sure, if we could sell with buy back clause might be smart

or something, time to turn off my Fifa
Pick 4 of them is my advice?

VanGaalEra

Ideal window for me with no new owners:
Mount
Raviot
Hojlund
Costa
KMJ

(will need lots of outs to fund, Maguire/Martial/Henderson/Fred/Mctominay/Elanga/Bailly etc).

With new owners flush with cash:
Mount
Caicedo
Ramos
Hojlund
Costa
KMJ

croadyman

Ideal window for me with no new owners:
Mount
Raviot
Hojlund
Costa
KMJ

(will need lots of outs to fund, Maguire/Martial/Henderson/Fred/Mctominay/Elanga/Bailly etc).

With new owners flush with cash:
Mount
Caicedo
Ramos
Hojlund
Costa
KMJ
Feel like top one is too much pressure on Hojlund to lead line,feel we need to bring in experienced option as well. I still fear we may go cheapo on the GK as well

VanGaalEra

Feel like top one is too much pressure on Hojlund to lead line,feel we need to bring in experienced option as well. I still fear we may go cheapo on the GK as well
I agree, but without new owners I can’t see us getting a Kane/Osimhen or Ramos unfortunately.