What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

sugar_kane

At the moment here's how I'd prioritise each area of the pitch in terms of how important it is to strengthen:
  • Striker x 2
  • Midfielder
  • Defensive Mid (deputy for Casemiro)
  • Goalkeeper
  • Centre Back
  • Right Back
  • Right Wing
  • Left Back
  • Left Wing
CB could probably go up a couple of notches if Maguire goes. Same for RB and AWB, although I think he will stay now.

Left Back and Left Wing we're well stocked, RW is still a bit of a question mark but reasonably confident especially if Diallo returns to the squad.

RyRy11

At the moment here's how I'd prioritise each area of the pitch in terms of how important it is to strengthen:
  • Striker x 2
  • Midfielder
  • Defensive Mid (deputy for Casemiro)
  • Goalkeeper
  • Centre Back
  • Right Back
  • Right Wing
  • Left Back
  • Left Wing
CB could probably go up a couple of notches if Maguire goes. Same for RB and AWB, although I think he will stay now.

Left Back and Left Wing we're well stocked, RW is still a bit of a question mark but reasonably confident especially if Diallo returns to the squad.
I think the Bolded are absolute musts this transfer window. Considering who we are linked to it would be nice to get Pavard as he potentially fills the right back cover spot. We could live with bringing in a single striker this year as Rashford can deputise.

croadyman

I think the Bolded are absolute musts this transfer window. Considering who we are linked to it would be nice to get Pavard as he potentially fills the right back cover spot. We could live with bringing in a single striker this year as Rashford can deputise.
Be staggered to see us sign all SIX in window

LuckyScout78

Mine end and last decision on what Manchester United need and which players I will recommend. Edit 01.Juin.2023

Earlier I recommend Stanislav Lobotka from Napoli and Slovakia. But now. I think I will take it back. Why? Because as long as United have Casemiro in the team and Lobotka play that deep laying central midfield playmaer, who set up the tempo of the build up.

Like this: Eriksen – Casemiro/Lobotka – Bruno

I think Lobotka is too good to be a rotate player with Casemiro. Lobotka is a regular top 4 in top 5 league and champion league for top teams level. And I am not sure if Lobotka is suiting playing beside with Casemiro in a 4231 formation too. So I take that recommendation back.

Here is my final and end decision and recommendation:

+ A top CF = Harry Kane = Alan Shearer and world class level. A top CF is a must for United. In a short term it is a must

+ A top CB = Kim Kim Jae. A must for United. Rise the level of hard to beat = help to concede lesser goals

+ A really good and close to top level CM = Declan Rice. Who I think will suit more 4231 beside Casemiro than Lobotka.

+ A versatile, flexible and really good CM = Kenneth Taylor. Who understand Ten Hag way of football.

The price and sum of those 4 players. I call it a top transfer budget:

A top CF = 70 mill £

A top CB = 50 mill £ release clause

A really good CM = 100 mill £

A versatile and quality CM = 30 mill £

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sum of those 4 recommendations = 250 mill £

Yeah if those players are so easily to get. In a ideal world. Those 4 players are my ideal top transfer summer. 4 really good and quality players.

A world class CF in Kane, A top CB in Kim Min Jae. Casemiro & Rice as cm duo in front of the back line. Will make United’s central spine top level and really strong.

Kim Min Jae & Rice = will help United stronger in the defend = harder to beat = concede lesser goals

Kane & Taylor = will help United to create and scoring more goals

Sum of those 2 factors = stronger in defend and attack = closer to be complete as a team

But I do have a alternative transfer budget. I think and believe United will not get all of those 4 players.

I will put a link to a thread where I recommend a medium transfer budget. Of what United still need. To become a better team and close to complete as a team in the future. More long term perspective. To compete for premier league title and rise the chance to win the premier league in the future.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/min...ansfer-budget-to-premier-league-title.477399/

jesperjaap

Hopefully we will soon have the elephant in the room addressed, as really our window and what we need is affected hugely. Not here to open a debate on the merits of either way, the club will soon decide what happens to him, but Mason Greenwoods departure or re-integration into the side has a huge difference.

If he stays:

We only need to sign one striker not the two we almost certainly need
We probably sell Sancho or Amad and/or Pellestri

Any fee for Greenwood is almsot irrelevant if he goes as it wont be huge anyway, but he saves us possibly £40/50m on having to sign two strikers, him staying probably makes the same in sellling other players too as we dont need so many players can play both flanks or so many right wingers.

Forgetting the player he was, there are plenty of negatves and positives regarding him being here, but think its about time he got mentioned as totally ignored from all these ins and outs and what we need in the summer. NOne of the players Ten Hag wants to keep are likely ot leave bar maybe Lindelof and several should leave, so his planning is probably quite simple, bar this situation....and it effects everything and I think (if they havent internally already), its about time the club decides and lets him know and the fans know too as whatever side of the fence you are on, and that isnt really the discusssion here.....the needs/spending of this transfer window is all pretty different

dutchred

Luckyscout78 said
+ A versatile, flexible and really good CM = Kenneth Taylor. Who understand Ten Hag way of football.
I am an Ajax and United fan but i think at this moment Wieffer at Feyenoord is a much better player with a highr potential

Woziak

From the last rumours, it seems that we are going for Mount, Kane, Hojlund, Kim min-Jae, one more midfielder and maybe back-up goalkeeper.

If we somehow manage to get this 4 players mentioned and one more class midfielder like Caicedo,Rice or De Jong, I must say that we won't need much more to challenge for the title.
Agree with this with the caveat that the Diego Costa rumours look very strong as well. If and it’s a big if, SJ and the Qatari bid is successful then I genuinely expect a crazy transfer window but only if we sell certain players to free up FFP;

My Guess is ETH is driving most of this with John Murtourgh whose probably thinking he needs to pull out all the stops to keep his job. We need to sell D Henderson (25m), H Maguire (30m), S Mctominay (35m). B Williams (5m), E Bailey (5m), A Telles (10m), DVB(15m)
This is £125m of sales but more importantly with Jones and Tuanzebe, Plus De Gea’s new contract we should free £1m per week. Anthony Martial and M Greenwood will be loaned out so we should free up at least 1/2 Martial’s wages and all of Greenwood. Providing most of this happens

SJ - Qatari owned Man united Squad after Summer Transfer Window
GK(3) -
D Costa(60m), D Dea Gea,
T Heaton(HG)

Defenders(9) - D Dalot, AWB(HG), KMJ(45m), R Varane, V Lindelof, L Shaw(HG), T Malacia, T Mengdi(HG)

Midfielders(7) - Casemeiro, Ericsen, Bruno, D Rice or Caciedo (100m)(HG), Fred,
M Mount(45m)(HG) K Mainoo(HG)

Attackers (7) - M Rashford(HG),
A Garnaucho(HG), J Sancho(HG) , Antony, R Hojlund(45m), G Ramos or L Martinez (70/80m) , Neymar (Loan)

Yes this looks totally ridiculous and total cost would be £375m or Net £250m

The club can definitely do this with FFP providing they sell Mctominay, Maguire, and Henderson. We won’t get Kaine but I could see him coming in January as we loan out Hojlund or Ramos. Neymar this will be a pure vanity signing by the new owner and I could see SJR doing this as much as Qatar

croadyman

Agree with this with the caveat that the Diego Costa rumours look very strong as well. If and it’s a big if, SJ and the Qatari bid is successful then I genuinely expect a crazy transfer window but only if we sell certain players to free up FFP;

My Guess is ETH is driving most of this with John Murtourgh whose probably thinking he needs to pull out all the stops to keep his job. We need to sell D Henderson (25m), H Maguire (30m), S Mctominay (35m). B Williams (5m), E Bailey (5m), A Telles (10m), DVB(15m)
This is £125m of sales but more importantly with Jones and Tuanzebe, Plus De Gea’s new contract we should free £1m per week. Anthony Martial and M Greenwood will be loaned out so we should free up at least 1/2 Martial’s wages and all of Greenwood. Providing most of this happens

SJ - Qatari owned Man united Squad after Summer Transfer Window
GK(3) -
D Costa(60m), D Dea Gea,
T Heaton(HG)

Defenders(9) - D Dalot, AWB(HG), KMJ(45m), R Varane, V Lindelof, L Shaw(HG), T Malacia, T Mengdi(HG)

Midfielders(7) - Casemeiro, Ericsen, Bruno, D Rice or Caciedo (100m)(HG), Fred,
M Mount(45m)(HG) K Mainoo(HG)

Attackers (7) - M Rashford(HG),
A Garnaucho(HG), J Sancho(HG) , Antony, R Hojlund(45m), G Ramos or L Martinez (70/80m) , Neymar (Loan)

Yes this looks totally ridiculous and total cost would be £375m or Net £250m

The club can definitely do this with FFP providing they sell Mctominay, Maguire, and Henderson. We won’t get Kaine but I could see him coming in January as we loan out Hojlund or Ramos. Neymar this will be a pure vanity signing by the new owner and I could see SJR doing this as much as Qatar
No chance we get Neymar under Ratcliffe

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Can´t find a tweet from an middle east journalists, being something like their Fabrizio according to his followers (and he had a lot of them at Twitter), were he was referring to a newspaper article that had informations about what Sheikh Jassim had for plans about Manchester United as a club. Not only transfers, but it said that he would focus on basically every little thing that involves both the mens, women and youth teams. Everything from renovating the offices, the press room, the dressing rooms, training pitches, the kitchen/restaurant were the team eat their meals together every day etc etc - almost all facilities that is used by the club. It also said that he would hire around 25-35 more people, and he will only hire the best available for the needed position - chefs, those who are taking care of the pitch, bringing in newest software and science - both equipment and people that can manage it. And it also said he would expend the coaching staff and heavily improve all aspects that we can to keep our players healthy, in better shape, less injuries and so on.

It also mentioned how he would love to bring in people from Dubai that will be given a lot of money to invest in renewing Old Trafford, so much that it would change the look of the arena though, but still try to keep the base of it so you don´t lose the "Old Trafford" feeling. The goal is to finish the renovation for season 25/26, starting to renovate as much as possible this season (23/24) and then not to play at Old Trafford for 1 season (24/25).
The goal is to expend it to 106.500, all ready having a "blueprint" ready. It would be the biggest and most modern arena ever built with inspiration from "Dubai" - like stepping in to a new "world" (probably meaning a lot of new technology inside of Old Trafford.

Carrington will also have a lot of renovations, making it one of the best training grounds in the world. Both the buildings, pitches, gym, restaurant etc being renovated and some built new for all teams (men, women, youth).

They are are also trying to see how much can be done around Old Trafford, they are already checking out possibilities to build, hotel, bigger parking, stores and other attractions around the area.

The family + the government sees this as their biggest opportunity to take the next step for their country to make people want to travel and visit Quatar, they feel that all money invested for the WC was spent wisely and this investment would pay of even more if they can show the world what they can provide.

A lot of speculation is that Quatar as a country, and not only Sheikh Jassim, is the real buyer. That they will give him the founds for all the projects that I mentioned and money for transfers is not even something they see as something to worry about. If they buy Manchester United, they expect to spend somewhere around 15-20b (they spent nearly 220b dollars in the last 10 years for the world cup just to have something to relevate to and understand how serious they are with them wanting to take big and quick steps to the west world and they know that sports are a great way to do so) dollars over a 5-7 years period, depending on how much of their plans to build hotels, a mall, stores etc would be approved.

It did mention that Sheikh Jassim is confident that he will buy the club and directly pay off all debts and give ETH around 400m to invest their first summer as owners of what they consider to be the biggest club and brand in sports together with Real Madrid and Barcelona.

It mentioned a lot of names that they would consider dream signings, like Mbappe as their biggest target and would offer him whatever he wants but but not this summer, the dream would be to have him playing in the United shirt for the reopening of Old Trafford. Also mentioned that they WILL bring in sporting director, more scouts (and buy a lot of young players 15-17 old from all around the world), and more staff members to work to make the job for ETH easier. Zidane, Van Der Saar, Scholes and some more old legends were mentioned along side well proven people from other clubs.

Now, this is just some of what i read and had to use Google translate for the article. It mentioned a lot more about hiring new people for new positions in the club, new sponsors, what and how to build new facilitets around and in Old Trafford, also explained why they see this like a big investment - not only the football side, but also Quatar benefiting from this.

croadyman

Can´t find a tweet from an middle east journalists, being something like their Fabrizio according to his followers (and he had a lot of them at Twitter), were he was referring to a newspaper article that had informations about what Sheikh Jassim had for plans about Manchester United as a club. Not only transfers, but it said that he would focus on basically every little thing that involves both the mens, women and youth teams. Everything from renovating the offices, the press room, the dressing rooms, training pitches, the kitchen/restaurant were the team eat their meals together every day etc etc - almost all facilities that is used by the club. It also said that he would hire around 25-35 more people, and he will only hire the best available for the needed position - chefs, those who are taking care of the pitch, bringing in newest software and science - both equipment and people that can manage it. And it also said he would expend the coaching staff and heavily improve all aspects that we can to keep our players healthy, in better shape, less injuries and so on.

It also mentioned how he would love to bring in people from Dubai that will be given a lot of money to invest in renewing Old Trafford, so much that it would change the look of the arena though, but still try to keep the base of it so you don´t lose the "Old Trafford" feeling. The goal is to finish the renovation for season 25/26, starting to renovate as much as possible this season (23/24) and then not to play at Old Trafford for 1 season (24/25).
The goal is to expend it to 106.500, all ready having a "blueprint" ready. It would be the biggest and most modern arena ever built with inspiration from "Dubai" - like stepping in to a new "world" (probably meaning a lot of new technology inside of Old Trafford.

Carrington will also have a lot of renovations, making it one of the best training grounds in the world. Both the buildings, pitches, gym, restaurant etc being renovated and some built new for all teams (men, women, youth).

They are are also trying to see how much can be done around Old Trafford, they are already checking out possibilities to build, hotel, bigger parking, stores and other attractions around the area.

The family + the government sees this as their biggest opportunity to take the next step for their country to make people want to travel and visit Quatar, they feel that all money invested for the WC was spent wisely and this investment would pay of even more if they can show the world what they can provide.

A lot of speculation is that Quatar as a country, and not only Sheikh Jassim, is the real buyer. That they will give him the founds for all the projects that I mentioned and money for transfers is not even something they see as something to worry about. If they buy Manchester United, they expect to spend somewhere around 15-20b (they spent nearly 220b dollars in the last 10 years for the world cup just to have something to relevate to and understand how serious they are with them wanting to take big and quick steps to the west world and they know that sports are a great way to do so) dollars over a 5-7 years period, depending on how much of their plans to build hotels, a mall, stores etc would be approved.

It did mention that Sheikh Jassim is confident that he will buy the club and directly pay off all debts and give ETH around 400m to invest their first summer as owners of what they consider to be the biggest club and brand in sports together with Real Madrid and Barcelona.

It mentioned a lot of names that they would consider dream signings, like Mbappe as their biggest target and would offer him whatever he wants but but not this summer, the dream would be to have him playing in the United shirt for the reopening of Old Trafford. Also mentioned that they WILL bring in sporting director, more scouts (and buy a lot of young players 15-17 old from all around the world), and more staff members to work to make the job for ETH easier. Zidane, Van Der Saar, Scholes and some more old legends were mentioned along side well proven people from other clubs.

Now, this is just some of what i read and had to use Google translate for the article. It mentioned a lot more about hiring new people for new positions in the club, new sponsors, what and how to build new facilitets around and in Old Trafford, also explained why they see this like a big investment - not only the football side, but also Quatar benefiting from this.
God I would really love just some of that to be true

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
God I would really love just some of that to be true
So do I mate, and i know that they will invest heavily, not only on transfers, i believe that transfer money is not even considered being a thing for them to worry about - I mean we can tell how money there is in the middle west when they are paying and offering wager bigger then Glazers transfer budget combined over years. And they are not even using their own money... It´s more about how much FIFA would allow them to spend and which players are available.

Like the post so i can finally become a full member here, been waiting for years for my 10th like haha!

L1nk

All that and yet he’s offering less than Ratcliffe to buy the actual club

some of it sounds great on paper, but the rest? Awful, player power and massively inflated wages with superstars like Mbappe, people like Zidane and Scholes involved, what?

lex talionis

I was having this discussion today.

We're not in a bad position currently. Our form dropped off when Martinez and Varane had their injuries, and we clearly miss a striker.,
If's and buts, but if we did have Kane this season, scoring his goals, I think we'd have been at least challenging for the title.
With that in mind, I came to the conclusion, I think we need 4 players, with another possible 3, depending on certain players leaving.

In defence, I've been happy with Lindelofs contribution, but feel like Maguire needs moving on. Kim with his release clause seems like the good choice, although N'Dicka on a free would also keep the spending down.

In midfield, I think it's time we move VdB, Fred and McTominay on, but I think we only need two people to replace these as VdB hasn't featured anyway. A double swoop for Caicedo and Mac Allister would be fantastic, but out of reach. Caicedo makes sense, right age, proven in the league and can cover Casemiro when he doesn't play. I think the links to Mount makes sense. He can play backup to Bruno, but also, along side Casemiro. Problem is the fee. The 50-60m seems a lot for a player coming off a bad season, so cheaper alternatives would make sense.

In attack, It's just obvious putting Kane here with little to no explanation :lol:
That is my 4 nominations which I think is enough for the summer.

The other 3 I mentioned are if we moved on De Gea, Dalot and / or Martial. Then we'd need a keeper, Right back and a backup striker.

In: Kim, Caicedo, Mount, Kane
Out: Henderson, Telles, Maguire, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, VdB, Fred, McTominay, Elanga
Loan: Mejbri, Pellestri, Amad

10 out and 4 in seems crazy, but 3 of them have been on loan this season, Jones and VdB haven't features and we have plenty of cover for Elanga as is.
Sensible recommendations, though I’d be inclined to keep either Pellistri or Amad, and either Fred or Donny.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Start of buy getting rid of:
Henderson - 20m
Butland - 0m
Maguire - 35m
Jones - 0m
Bailly - 15m
Tuanzebe - 0m
Telles - 10m
Williams - 10m
McTominey - 40m
DVB - 20m
Elanga - 15m

= 165m - which is finally a decent amount for us to get to add to the transfer budget, we usually end up with giving away players
If we add Martial to this list, which will depend if we manage to sign 2 strikers (nr 9)

Add our transfer budget on top of that 165m, and we will have:
- 265m (+100m) if Glazers still here
- 315m (+150m) SJR
- 415m (+250m) Sheikh Jassim/Quatar

Lets go with the mid budget.

Costa (gk) - 65m
Kim Min-Jae (cb) - 50m
Caicedo (cm) - 85m
Osimhen (st) - 110m
= 310m

Maybe use the 5m that is over and add 15m more to try to keep Sabitzer.

Bring back Fernandez (LB) and Amad (RW) from loan for squad depth.

--------------------Costa
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
-----------------Casemiro
--------------Bruno - Caisedo
----Antony - Osimhen - Rashford

---------------------
De Gea
Dalot - Lindelöf - Min Jae - Malacia
----------------Fred - Sabitzer
-------Amad - Sancho - Garnacho
--------------------Martial

Reason why i don´t mention Harry Kane is because i don´t think Levy will sell him to us (if we don´t pay 150m or that Kane goes out in media telling them he wants to join us this summer or else he will next summer for free) or any other English team and Kane would not join another London team out of respect for the fans and Liverpool bought Nunez last summer while City tried and tried but ended up with something younger, cheaper and scoring more goals already. He (Levy) will hope that either Bayern, PSG or Real Madrid who all might be in need of a world class number 9 will pay at least 70m this summer for him if he decides to leave Tottenham and not to extend his contract which runs out in 1 years (2024).

- Bayern lost Lewandowski and was 3 minutes from losing the league title first time in 10 years without an WC number 9.
- Real Madrid have Benzema at the moment but according to Fabrizio and almost all big newspapers, he might be of to Saudi Arabia this summer which would leave RM without a proper number 9. But more and more rumors about Mbappe not being happy at PSG and that he only signed 2+1 (last year is option, PSG can´t extend or not the last and third year, season 24/25). So if that is true, Mbappe could leave PSG for free next summer after collecting the 180m euro sing-on bonus and 2 years with a salary of total 240m euros, so 420m euros for 2 years and leaving for free nexr summer to join his dream club would hurt PSG a lot, not only financially but their reputation as an club. And if its true that Neymar is leaving, we could see all three of their superstars leave this summer or at least next summer, since Messi already has declared that he is leaving this summer.

Sorry for this long text now about PSG, but wow how much money they could lose.
- Messi is leaving 100% this summer for free after joining them with one of the highest ever paid sign on bonuses ever + insanely high wager.
Earned totally 230m euros over 2 years and left for free = -230m euros

- Mbappe is not happy and now it is all over the newspapers that his contract is a 2+1+2 years contract with only he can decide whatever the extensions will be triggered or not.
Earned totally (or will earn) if he stays 2 more seasons around 860m euros and if he leaves summer 2025 it will be for free = -860m euros + the 180m euros they paid Monaco when he joined so total 1040m euros

- Neymar has been unhappy ever since Mbappe took over the role as their biggest star with the highest wager. He is also getting older and even though his stats are ok, it´s still in Ligue 1. I really hope the rumors about him joining Man UTD are as real as us signing Sneijder. They paid the highest transfer fee ever when he joined from Barcelona, 230m euros and also gave him at the moment the highest wager in history.
Earned totally since joining 350m euros (has 3 years left with 58,297,150 euros per year) and cost 230m euros = -580 (+174m if he stays until 2025)

Messi already gone for 0, Mbappe will probably leave for Real next or the year after for nothing as well so they can hope that they can sell Neymar this year, valued around 80m euros. So the total lost is right now 1850m euros, if both Neymar and Mbappe stays and leave 2025 when both contract expires. Add Neymars 2 years, worth another 174m on top of the1850m, so 2024m euros spent for a couple of Ligue 1 titles and 2-3 cups. And not to talk about how much it will effect all sponsorship when it´s time to renew them, and how much harder it will be to attract new big players if all 3 of these are leaving on bad standings more or less.

croadyman

Start of buy getting rid of:
Henderson - 20m
Butland - 0m
Maguire - 35m
Jones - 0m
Bailly - 15m
Tuanzebe - 0m
Telles - 10m
Williams - 10m
McTominey - 40m
DVB - 20m
Elanga - 15m

= 165m - which is finally a decent amount for us to get to add to the transfer budget, we usually end up with giving away players
If we add Martial to this list, which will depend if we manage to sign 2 strikers (nr 9)

Add our transfer budget on top of that 165m, and we will have:
- 265m (+100m) if Glazers still here
- 315m (+150m) SJR
- 415m (+250m) Sheikh Jassim/Quatar

Lets go with the mid budget.

Costa (gk) - 65m
Kim Min-Jae (cb) - 50m
Caicedo (cm) - 85m
Osimhen (st) - 110m
= 310m

Maybe use the 5m that is over and add 15m more to try to keep Sabitzer.

Bring back Fernandez (LB) and Amad (RW) from loan for squad depth.

--------------------Costa
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
-----------------Casemiro
--------------Bruno - Caisedo
----Antony - Osimhen - Rashford

---------------------De Gea
Dalot - Lindelöf - Min Jae - Malacia
----------------Fred - Sabitzer
-------Amad - Sancho - Garnacho
--------------------Martial

Reason why i don´t mention Harry Kane is because i don´t think Levy will sell him to us (if we don´t pay 150m or that Kane goes out in media telling them he wants to join us this summer or else he will next summer for free) or any other English team and Kane would not join another London team out of respect for the fans and Liverpool bought Nunez last summer while City tried and tried but ended up with something younger, cheaper and scoring more goals already. He (Levy) will hope that either Bayern, PSG or Real Madrid who all might be in need of a world class number 9 will pay at least 70m this summer for him if he decides to leave Tottenham and not to extend his contract which runs out in 1 years (2024).

- Bayern lost Lewandowski and was 3 minutes from losing the league title first time in 10 years without an WC number 9.
- Real Madrid have Benzema at the moment but according to Fabrizio and almost all big newspapers, he might be of to Saudi Arabia this summer which would leave RM without a proper number 9. But more and more rumors about Mbappe not being happy at PSG and that he only signed 2+1 (last year is option, PSG can´t extend or not the last and third year, season 24/25). So if that is true, Mbappe could leave PSG for free next summer after collecting the 180m euro sing-on bonus and 2 years with a salary of total 240m euros, so 420m euros for 2 years and leaving for free nexr summer to join his dream club would hurt PSG a lot, not only financially but their reputation as an club. And if its true that Neymar is leaving, we could see all three of their superstars leave this summer or at least next summer, since Messi already has declared that he is leaving this summer.

Sorry for this long text now about PSG, but wow how much money they could lose.
- Messi is leaving 100% this summer for free after joining them with one of the highest ever paid sign on bonuses ever + insanely high wager.
Earned totally 230m euros over 2 years and left for free = -230m euros

- Mbappe is not happy and now it is all over the newspapers that his contract is a 2+1+2 years contract with only he can decide whatever the extensions will be triggered or not.
Earned totally (or will earn) if he stays 2 more seasons around 860m euros and if he leaves summer 2025 it will be for free = -860m euros + the 180m euros they paid Monaco when he joined so total 1040m euros

- Neymar has been unhappy ever since Mbappe took over the role as their biggest star with the highest wager. He is also getting older and even though his stats are ok, it´s still in Ligue 1. I really hope the rumors about him joining Man UTD are as real as us signing Sneijder. They paid the highest transfer fee ever when he joined from Barcelona, 230m euros and also gave him at the moment the highest wager in history.
Earned totally since joining 350m euros (has 3 years left with 58,297,150 euros per year) and cost 230m euros = -580 (+174m if he stays until 2025)

Messi already gone for 0, Mbappe will probably leave for Real next or the year after for nothing as well so they can hope that they can sell Neymar this year, valued around 80m euros. So the total lost is right now 1850m euros, if both Neymar and Mbappe stays and leave 2025 when both contract expires. Add Neymars 2 years, worth another 174m on top of the1850m, so 2024m euros spent for a couple of Ligue 1 titles and 2-3 cups. And not to talk about how much it will effect all sponsorship when it´s time to renew them, and how much harder it will be to attract new big players if all 3 of these are leaving on bad standings more or less.
You will need to adjust those valuations for how much we are getting for likes of McTominay,Elanga and Bailly

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Gk?? No idea.

Def:×Maguire, Jones, Telles Williamsand Bailiy out, Saliba in (last year of contract, and disagreement with new contract wage levels. We should be vultures and eat up their best CB for our benefit.

redcucumber

Will new owners even change now much we can spend? I was under the impression that FFP conditions (as a consequence of our spending last summer) meant we'd be limited to around £100m regardless of what happens with the ownership.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Priorities should be ST, CM, GK, CB, DM.

ST - First choice is obviously Kane but I we can't get him I'd personally prefer Hojlund and a cheap solid striker like Taremi

CM - I think we will sign Mount really. Not really opposed to the idea since its ETH pushing it and he should know if Mount fits his vision

GK - Report is we are looking for someone to compete with De Gea. I'm really not sure what this means but if we can afford to go big here then it's Diogo Costa. If not then sign Raya who has one yeareft. And if we want to go for the young prospect then just bring back Kovar

CB - First choice Kim, second choice Pavard. I think ETH-s plan is to use the CBs to build up and both those options are excellent

DM - Rabiot on a free because I don't see us spending much here after making signings in the above positions. I really like the idea of Mount and Casemiro against lesser oppositions then Rabiot and Casemiro against top sides

Last edited:

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
You will need to adjust those valuations for how much we are getting for likes of McTominay,Elanga and Bailly
You are right about Bailly, it was supposed to be 10m and Elanga could but around 10m as well, but the McTominey value is based from rumors last 2 weeks. We will at least get 30m for him and maybe 5-10 based on performances. So we can remove 10-15m from the 165m, still 150m extra for transfers is a huge boost for us since we are more used to let players go for nothing (a big loss was Pogba x2 for example).

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
You are right about Bailly, it was supposed to be 10m and Elanga could but around 10m as well, but the McTominey value is based from rumors last 2 weeks. We will at least get 30m for him and maybe 5-10 based on performances. So we can remove 10-15m from the 165m, still 150m extra for transfers is a huge boost for us since we are more used to let players go for nothing (a big loss was Pogba x2 for example).
Completely forgot we still had Bailly :lol:

Stacks

Completely forgot we still had Bailly :lol:
Elanga is 25 millions euros valuation, henderson 22mill, Williams 10 million. thats 60 million Euros there. I'm sure we can get more for Henderson. Maguire probably 30million.

Roboc7

GK, CM and Striker, all starters are essential signings we can’t go into next season without. We need plenty more on top of that but if we don’t get those 3 we’ll go backwards next season.

Lecland07

Top class Striker
Top class goalkeeper
Midfielder

These are the three major issues for me. We must get them this summer.

Hopefully, we can create some more depth, also.

SER19

The sad truth is that without some state owned horror show coming in, then nobody will compete with city for any relevant amount of time anyway. The sport as we know it has changed to such a degree that its simply incredible that pundits talk about anything else. This city team is strolling to a treble. Brushing aside madrid and bayern, winning fa cup without conceding from open play and winning the league by showing up in january.

The difference between them and every other club in football is so stark.

Kag

Top class Striker
Top class goalkeeper
Midfielder

These are the three major issues for me. We must get them this summer.

Hopefully, we can create some more depth, also.
Agreed.

A centre half to replace Maguire and some cover for Casemiro are also quite important.

Bringing on McTominay and Weghorst to try and get a winner really highlights how poor this squad is.

ShinjiNinja26

Diogo Costa, Kim Min Jae, Rabiot, Mount, Kane and Højlund is realistic based on who we’ve been linked with and although some targets are a bit underwhelming it definitely improves us but I think it all depends on if we get new owners who are willing to invest heavily and if we can shift a few players for decent money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Closer to seriously competing for the CL than we are for the prem.

Need a striker who can play with his back to goal but also is dynamic. Hojlund has massive potential, young but he is that profile. Would get him in for sure.

Need to replace De Gea. He is mediocre, has been for 5 years. We need a goalkeeper who can pass the ball, and is also commanding in the air. And preferably doesn't give up on so many shots.

Also need a #8 who can press way more and provide quality on the ball.

Mount, Hojlund, Diogo Costa .. make it happen.

gusmov

We need a world-class striker. Oshimen should be the top priority.

Hanky panky

Diogo Costa, Kim Min Jae, Rabiot, Mount, Kane and Højlund is realistic based on who we’ve been linked with and although some targets are a bit underwhelming it definitely improves us but I think it all depends on if we get new owners who are willing to invest heavily and if we can shift a few players for decent money.
It´s not realistic. 3/6 from that would be realistic.

But what we need? Striker, 1-2 midfielders, CB and GK. We will get maybe that 3 of them. If we are lucky.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Closer to seriously competing for the CL than we are for the prem.
Agreed. Easier to fluke a CL win via a favorable draw and some elevated performances along the way vs maintaining a consistent title-winning rhythm for a whole season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Vital Signings:
GK - This is the most important, we can't continue with De Gea. We need a keeper confident with the ball, without that ability we can't control games.
Eriksen Replacement - We can either do this by signing a direct replacement, or shifting Bruno to playmaker and signing a more advanced midfielder (Mount).
Striker - Has to be clinical, can't be a project player.

After that anything else is a bonus. But we certainly need more options to come off the bench and a replacement for Maguire.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Agreed. Easier to fluke a CL win via a favorable draw and some elevated performances along the way vs maintaining a consistent title-winning rhythm for a whole season.
Doesn't even have to be a fluke, I think we can get to a point where our 1 off or 2 legged games are at a similar level to city. Don't think that's far off. 90+ point league consistency is another matter and much tougher to reach.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
In
Top Class ST ~ 100Μ
Top Class CM ~ 80Μ
Top Class GK ~ 65M

In (based on sales)
Extra DM
Extra ST
Extra DC

Evaluate Bissaka and Dalot one more season, and decide on top class RB next summer.

If we need extra cash, move on Sancho and give the chance to Diallo.

I do not know the flexibility with FFP and the possible new owners, but we need a net spend of over 200M along with being smart with a couple of purchases, e.g. Rabiot is very smart backup solution. Or Kim with a low release clause.

As for the top class ones, I can see no other way than Kane and Diogo Costa, since we cannot afford to go wrong there. The big question is who is the right midfielder. I really do not know who. We need composure, something which De Jong would add. I cannot believe that the solution there is Mount. He is a good player, but we need calmness, high passing accurancy and carries with the ball, something which Casemiro and Bruno do not offer. If Caicedo could offer that, we should be all over him, but I have not seen him that much.