What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

daba

Early signs for this window look very good.

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Yoro - 42m (doubtful but bid accepted)
Ugarte - Loan

If we can complete sales for Greenwood (30m), Casemiro (40m), Sancho (30m), Lindelof (10m) and Eriksen (5m) we should be able to make a few more moves on top of the above 4.

For me, if we could also add the below, we’d be looking at a near perfect window.

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m
RW/LW - Chiesa - 20m (part of Sancho deal maybe)

Bringing in possibly the best young prospects in their respective positions in Yoro, Neves and Kayode, alongside a bunch of players soon to hit or at the beginning of their peaks, is exactly the strategy we need to be implementing.

croadyman

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Ugarte - Loan

If we can complete sales for Greenwood (30m), Casemiro (40m), Sancho (30m), Lindelof (10m) and Eriksen (5m) we should be able to make a few more moves on top of the above 4.

For me, if we could also add the below, we’d be looking at a near perfect window.

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m

Bringing in possibly the best young prospects in their respective positions in Yoro, Neves and Kayode, alongside a bunch of players soon to hit or at the beginning of their peaks, is exactly the strategy we need to be implementing.
Know nothing about Kayode

Rojofiam

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Ugarte - Loan

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m

It's the €120m release clause or nothing for Neves this summer. It has always been Benfica's stance. It's also a signing that would only make sense if we didn't have Mainoo. I'd be all for paying it up otherwise.

I don't agree with targeting Chiesa either. There are real injury concerns about him and I'm not even sure he would improve us at all. Even if he did, it seems like a pointless risk to take. There are other good winger options on the market.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we manage to sort out Ugarte and de Ligt deals soon, we will have covered all our main first team needs this Summer already, so all following moves should be primarily focused on improving depth.

Depth chart would currently look:

Hojlund (Zirkzee)
Rashford (Sancho) Bruno (Mount) Garnacho (Antony)
Ugarte (Amrabat/Casemiro) Mainoo (McTominay)
Shaw (Malacia) Martinez (Evans) de Ligt (Maguire) Dalot (Wan Bissaka)
Onana (Altay)

The main weaknesses I see here are still in defense. On the left, Tagliafico as backup instead of Malacia is basically as much of a no brainer as De Ligt was to partner Martinez. ETH knows him extremely well, he's played for Ajax, he's played with Martinez for Argentina, I would be surprised if we don't try to get him. Then we probably need to get another CB and should be sorted.

Hughes35

Looks like a likely summer will be:

Zirkzee - 35Mill
Ugarte - Unknown (50Mil?)
Branthwaite - 60Mill
De Ligt - 45Million

Think that would be a pretty good summer. Still probably lacking but would definitely help.

If Rashford leaves then I think we would use that money for one more as a replacement.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Looks like a likely summer will be:

Zirkzee - 35Mill
Ugarte - Unknown (50Mil?)
Branthwaite - 60Mill
De Ligt - 45Million

Think that would be a pretty good summer. Still probably lacking but would definitely help.

If Rashford leaves then I think we would use that money for one more as a replacement.
We are very unlikely to sign Branthwaite.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
quite the speculation of players this summer....looks like defensive overhaul seems to be the priority which is slightly odd considering how we struggled to score goals last season.

defensively....Kadioglu, Branthwaite, De Ligt, Yoro
midfield......Ugarte, Neves(though this has seem to die down)
forwards.....zirkzee, Toney, DCL
The forwards are very underwhelming to say the least. But then…they’re just stepping stones to better quality players down the line.

Bobby_2024

If we sing Ugarte/Deligt/Yoro, we could look like this...

------------------------------ Rasmus/Zirkzee(35)---------------------------------------------------

---Garancho/Rashford ---------Bruno/Mount---------------Amad/Antony--------

--------------------------Mainoo/*-----------------Ugarte(50)/*----------------------------------------

-----Shaw/Amaas---------Licha/Yoro(30)---------DeLigt(40)/Maguire---------Dalot/*----

-----------------------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------------------------------

Means we could get rid of Casemiro/Ericksen/McT/Bissaka/Lindelof/Sancho/Greenwood/Pellestri to generate around 120M and buy 1 or 2 top class midfielders along with a right back.

croadyman

The forwards are very underwhelming to say the least. But then…they’re just stepping stones to better quality players down the line.
Hope we go for Toney later in window and have this feeling he will be determined to prove doubters wrong