What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'd consider getting both Thuram brothers (Khéphren and Marcus). If INEOS buy us, perhaps we can do some semi-dodgy business with Nice by having Khéphren come in on a small loan fee with a bigger buy price the next year when we're less hamstrung by FFP. We could give them Martial on a free and maybe subsidise some of his wages. I'm just done with Martial. He's very talented but injured too often, way overpaid and hasn't got a great attitude with lots of lazy displays. Marcus Thuram could replace him. He's not absolutely top drawer but is a strong, versatile option on a free. His wage demands will be high but not higher than Martial's. Khéphren is the better of the two and could be a similar player to Frenkie De Jong. He's incredibly agile, press resistant and brings the ball up the pitch very effectively.

On the goalkeeper situation, I'd try to call de Gea's bluff with the contract negotiations. I seriously doubt a big team will offer him anywhere near the wages he's said to want and a starting position. Let's see if we can renew him for £150k a week maximum, even if it's a waiting game. If not, get Livakovic. We definitely need someone else who is better in the build up. I'd go for a young apprentice like Verbruggen perhaps.

Full back is fine. Dalot and AWB aren't the best but solid enough. If Dalot refuses a new deal, though, perhaps we get someone like Dedic or Vanderson. I watched a bit of Frimpong tonight and he played poorly and I'm not sure he can really play as a proper right back.

At centre back, Kim Min-Jae looks a great option with a supposed £42m release clause. Screw the left foot/right foot thing. I love Varane but he needs top competition due to his injuries.

A Casemiro backup would be great but probably isn't easy budget wise, unless we have decent sales. A young one like Ugochukwu, Vermeeren or Andre might work.

Khéphren Thuram and Kobbie Mainoo to challenge Eriksen. Fred and McTominay could go. Two of our more saleable assets.

Wing options more than OK, especially with Amad Diallo returning.

Need two strikers IMHO. I'd get rid of Martial and send Weghorst back and get in Marcus Thuram and Rasmus Hojlund. Kane and Osimhen would be very expensive and I have doubts about how both would fit into our style of play. Kane can't press and isn't quite quick enough. Osimhen's link up play and ability in the hole isn't up to what we've seen from Ten Hag strikers. Hojlund is very raw but probably a decent price and has everything to develop into what is basically a perfect ETH striker - quick, strong, good finisher, technical, can play as false 9 and a target man. I'm not convinced by the value of other rumoured options like Kolo Muani, Vlahovic etc. Hojlund is at least a year or two away from being United starter class but he'd be a better option now than Martial or Weghorst and I'd rather we go for him now than wait til he's worth a stupid price like £150m.

GK: de Gea, Verbruggen, Heaton
RB: Dalot, Wan-Bissaka
LB: Shaw, Malacia
CD: Martinez, Min-Jae, Varane, Lindelof
DM: Casemiro, Vermeeren
CM: K. Thuram, Eriksen, Mainoo
AM: Fernandes, Sancho
RW: Antony, Diallo
LW: Rashford, Garnacho
ST: Hojlund, M. Thuram
Great idea if INEOS buying us might be better for us than the Qatar. We will have 2nd club in ligue 1 where we can send our youth to develop and we can take some or their young talented for cheap or doing business that can allow us to get away from FFP. Thuram and Todibo are the two interesting players we can sign from Nice.

croadyman

still think 4 is the absolute minimum of quality players needed to be brought in and still have a legit chance to achieve our goals next year. CF, 2 CMs, and prob a modern GK. And if being realistic prob is more like 5 since will want a good CB to add to lindelof for backup rotation options. Gotta hope we can find some internal options to improve certain positions as well.
Yeah 4 is definitely absolute minimum,still zero talk so far of signing 2 midfielders (backup DM and progressive CM). Hopefully that changes IF we can actually manage to sell McTominay & Donny,also let Sabitzer return to Bayern

glasgow 21

Khéphren Thuram and if it is a deal maker take Marcus too as back up forward. 6ft 3 and 6ft 2 respectivel. Khéphren fits the FDj alternative bill ,strong ,young legs next to Casemiro. Speak to Peter Schmeichel to get a run down on the lads character from his boy. Both could be had for 50m plus wages throw in Šutalo in for 20m easier than dealing with Napoli for Kim. leaves 30m plus sales for Main striker. This is considering 100m budget if its higher then add Striker first and midfield squad target maybe possible. Talk of Kane and Caicedo? you are looking at 170-180 minimum and we have too many holes elsewhere. I also see MG named as a free, why? he is under contract and if he moves, which i prefer he didn't but thats ETH call ,then he should be a make weight against a target or sold in his own right, he is a top generational football player. He is most likely to draw the biggest fee out of all our potential transfers out, if he is on that list.

SparkedIntoLife

Great idea if INEOS buying us might be better for us than the Qatar. We will have 2nd club in ligue 1 where we can send our youth to develop and we can take some or their young talented for cheap or doing business that can allow us to get away from FFP. Thuram and Todibo are the two interesting players we can sign from Nice.
Definitely. Todibo looks to be developing really well now. I've heard he had an attitude problem at Barca though so the club would need to do its due diligence to check he's grown up sufficiently. Nice have another young midfielder called Beka Beka who has some promise, though needs at least a couple of seasons there first. Us having better 'feeder' club arrangements is a must, regardless of the takeover, but Lausanne could also come into play if INEOS become our owners.

L1nk

GK
CB
DM
CM
ST

Diogo Costa
Kim Min Jae
Romeo Lavia
Khephren Thuram
Rasmus Hojlund

Please and thank you

vva

What do we still need?
CF - Lautaro Martinez 50M (+Martial to inter) Hold up, Good finishing, and also chase on the ball.

MC - Eberechi Eze 50M Dribbling, Ball carrier, Eyes for the goal.
DC - Kim Min Jae 40M Overall good for central defender.

And hopefully, we can cash in about 40M for players like Mcguire, Telles, Tuanzebe, Van de beek.
Totally, the spending cost is within 100M follow FFP rule.

ROFLUTION

You’d buy a player accused of rape just 2 months ago?
Replied to earlier - probably not no, but also feels kind of strange to publically judge him instead of in the courts - which essentially is what one does if eliminating him as a transfertarget. Neymar, Evans have been falsely accused, so itd be wrong to judge him.

Plus we signed Ronaldo who also were heavily accused.

Houdini

1. CF - starter
2. CM (no.8) - starter
3. DM - backup
4. CB - backup
5. GK - starter (not going to happen this season, no chance)
6. RW - next season we should really give Amad and Pallistri a chance then be ruthless the season after
7. RB - starter - not so urgent as other areas but there is a room for improvement

in this order of priority
I think we can do the 1.-4. this summer if, and it's a big IF we can sell properly.

L1nk

4 Bench players and a new keeper.

We are going places :lol:
Bench players…?

id play KMJ ahead of Varane who’s a lot of the times injured

Thuram will play alongside Casemiro and Bruno

Lavia will deputise for Casemiro with him taking over fully in the next few years in his very early 20’s

Hojlund will play upfront and alternate with Martial snd Rashford

Sorry, did you want me to say Osimhen/Kane, followed by FDJ, Alexis Mac Allister, Caicedo, Frimpong and Antonio Silva? I’m sure that will happen, we’ll be going places alright you are right!

Mainoldo

Bench players…?

id play KMJ ahead of Varane who’s a lot of the times injured

Thuram will play alongside Casemiro and Bruno

Lavia will deputise for Casemiro with him taking over fully in the next few years in his very early 20’s

Hojlund will play upfront and alternate with Martial snd Rashford

Sorry, did you want me to say Osimhen/Kane, followed by FDJ, Alexis Mac Allister, Caicedo, Frimpong and Antonio Silva? I’m sure that will happen, we’ll be going places alright you are right!
Don’t kid yourself. Varane is number 1 so yes like you said unless he’s injured Kim ain’t playing.

Thuram can’t get into the French squad and has done nothing in life to say he could even replace Fred.

Lavia pretty much the same but atleast he’s played prem.

Hojlund ain’t even too scorer for Atlanta Infact he hasn’t even got to 10 goals but he’s going to lead the line at Big Manchester United.

Come back with some credible Players. You’ll have us competing for Europa and conference league.

SparkedIntoLife

Don’t kid yourself. Varane is number 1 so yes like you said unless he’s injured Kim ain’t playing.

Thuram can’t get into the French squad and has done nothing in life to say he could even replace Fred.

Hojlund ain’t even too scorer for Atlanta Infact he hasn’t even got to 10 goals but he’s going to lead the line at Big Manchester United.

Come back with some credible Players. You’ll have us competing for Europa and conference league.
I don't get this mindset and it feels unnecessarily antagonistic. Takeover or no takeover, we're facing FFP restrictions and the transfer market isn't going to crash any time soon. Do you really think for £100m plus sales we're going to sign several ready made top level players? Or would you prefer we just bought one? Because, if anything, our current performances are showing that our squad is really weak. Buying emerging players like Lavia, K. Thuram and Hojlund isn't just eminently sensible; it's necessary! Thuram IS in the French squad. He's been in the last two squads and is playing really well in Ligue 1. Should we wait for him to have 15 caps and then sign him for £100m?

Honestly, your way of thinking seems to be in line with the club's policy the last few years and it really isn't doing us any good. We have to start snapping up players before they turn incredibly expensive. We can't just keep buying marquee names. As for 'have us competing for Europa and Conference League', we're already finishing top 4. Adding young, hungry squad members who can develop into starters will give us a further push.

Who would you go for? I'm sure we can critique your choices similarly. There's far worse suggestions to call out on this thread than the one you did. I think his picks make a lot of sense.

L1nk

Okay so no point in signing a CB, we'll just keep Maguire and Lindelof because Varane and Martinez will play every match

There's no point in buying a well established great DM because they aren't going to want to sit behind and learn from Casemiro

Thuram was just called up to the French squad recently for qualifiers and is only 22, you act like France isn't a bedrock of incredible talent and anyone can walk into that team, they can't. But hey when some other top team signs him this summer it won't matter because he isn't good enough for the mighty Reds, same old story with a lot of players you all turn your noses up at.

Hojlund has potential, and has great attributes, sorry we won't be spending over 150 million on Osimhen so there has to be alternatives.

You criticize my choices but offer up no alternatives yourself, so please, enlighten me.

UpWithRivers

Attack

Out - 55 mill - maybe more if we get anything for Greenwood
Martial - 10m
Sancho - 30 mill with first refusal. Love him but he needs time to develop. I think a 24/25 year old Sancho will be special but he needs to go somewhere for a few years. Sell him cheap with an option to buy in 2 years for a decent fee. Best for him and the club
Greenwood - done
Amad - 15 mill - Same as Sancho - needs time. Come back aged 24 ish.

In - 200 mill
Oshimen - 120 mill.
Jonathan David - 40 mill. Ideal back up striker. He' scored 21 goals this year second only to Mbappe. Right age. Is cheap. Can play across the front line. Only a bad World Cup has devalued him.
James Maddison - 40 mill. We need someone to actually supply Oshimen. Otherwise what's the point. This guy can get 15-20 goals and assists. He can also play multiple positions. Back up to Bruno even. He's also cheap with 1 year left on his contract and he will go under the home grown quota. Yes we have Antony but he needs time. And he will still get a load of games

Net - 150 ish

Starters
Rashford---Oshimen---Maddison

Back up
Garnacho---David-----Antony

Midfield

Out - 25 mill

Sabitzer - Just meh
Donny - 10 mill if he gets fit
Fred 15 mill - Time to get rid

In - 125 mill

Enzo Le Fee - 25 mill
De Jong/Bellingham/Casemiro/Rice - 100 mill. I will leave it Ten Haag to decide who's the best midfielder from the options but I would guess he still wants De Jong.

Net - 100mill

Starters
De Jong---Casemiro

Back up
Eriksen---Enzo Le Fee - McTominay- Mainoo

Defence
Out - 50 mill

Maguire - 25 mill
Bailly - 10 mill
Telles - 10 mill
Brandon - 5 mill

In - 40 mill
Kim Min Jae - 40 mill

Net - +10 mill

Starters
Varane/Kim---Martinez-

Back up
Varane/kim----Lindelof-----Shaw

Goalkeeper

Out - 20 mill

Henderson - 20 mill

In
Reya - 25 mill

Net - 5 mill

Team

----------------------------------------------De Gea/Reya
WB/Dalot---------Kim/Varane------Martinez/Shaw------Shaw/Malacia
------------------------Casemiro----------De Jong/Caicedo/Bellingham/Rice
Maddison----------------------Bruno---------------------------------Rashford
-------------------------------------Oshimen--------------------------

Really strong bench -
Reya/Dalot/Kim Min Jae/Malacia/McTominay/Eriksen/Enzo le Fee/Antony/Jonathan David/Garnacho

Net Spend Whole Team - 250 mill

userman

With the cup title and top 4, this season must be considered successful. Add possibly new owners and it gos from good to great..

In my opinion, we are not far away from challenging the very best and we only have a few small shortcomings in the team and the squad for us to be right up there, so what do I think it will take for us to take that step?

1. We obviously need a striker, a striker who can deliver the goods straight away.
2. I think we need an alternative/reinforcement to Eriksen, this reinforcement I hope and believe will bring much of the same that Eriksen already does (in possession) but also that it is a player with better defensive qualities and physical prerequisites than what Eriksen has.
3. I believe we have to also look at the goalkeeper position. Opinions are divided here, I think everyone agrees and appreciates the work De Gea has done, and he is still among the very best on what I would call reflex saves, but I also believe that he has some clear weaknesses that affect the team/style of play, especially on commanding his box and his passing game/safety with the ball which prevents us in the build-up and to absorbe pressure with the ball. It is possible to upgrade here without "breaking the bank". However, hope that De Gea stays to compete for his spot (with a much lower salary).
4-5. Beyond striker, central midfield and goalkeeper, I think it is primarily about building a better squad and replacing those who may be sold. I think that Maguire, McTominay and Fred are among those who gets sold and we then have to replace them with at least equally good/better replacements.
In other words, I think we also need a proven backup-CB as well as proven DM-backup.

In the transfer market this summer, I therefore hope we make the following reinforcements:
1. ST (Kane, 100m, HG),
2. CM (Tielemanns, free transfer),
3. GK (Sanchez/Raya, 30m, both HG).
4. CB (Timber, 40m),
5. DM/CM (Lavia, 40m, HG)
A total of 210 millions.

All of these 5 will either strengthen the starting 11 directly or provide increased competition and a better squad.

Sell:
- Maguire, (25m)
- McT, (20m)
- Fred, (20m)
- Henderson, (20m)
- Elanga (15 m)
- Pellistri (10 m)
- Williams, Telles, Bailly (15m combined?)
A total of 125 millions.

Net spend 85m.

I genuinely believe this would strengthen both the starting 11 and the squad significantly, and consequently make us genuine title contenders next season.

I would also claim that it’s not a very unrealistic wishlist for this summer.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

I don't get this mindset and it feels unnecessarily antagonistic. Takeover or no takeover, we're facing FFP restrictions and the transfer market isn't going to crash any time soon. Do you really think for £100m plus sales we're going to sign several ready made top level players? Or would you prefer we just bought one? Because, if anything, our current performances are showing that our squad is really weak. Buying emerging players like Lavia, K. Thuram and Hojlund isn't just eminently sensible; it's necessary! Thuram IS in the French squad. He's been in the last two squads and is playing really well in Ligue 1. Should we wait for him to have 15 caps and then sign him for £100m?

Honestly, your way of thinking seems to be in line with the club's policy the last few years and it really isn't doing us any good. We have to start snapping up players before they turn incredibly expensive. We can't just keep buying marquee names. As for 'have us competing for Europa and Conference League', we're already finishing top 4. Adding young, hungry squad members who can develop into starters will give us a further push.

Who would you go for? I'm sure we can critique your choices similarly. There's far worse suggestions to call out on this thread than the one you did. I think his picks make a lot of sense.
Yes we should wait until he establishes himself that’s the whole point of us being Manchester United and not Fulham.

We are not at a stage to be taking risks..

ETH literally has this next transfer window or he could be out of a job come the next one. So I don’t think he has time to be nurturing players like Thuram when his first team isn’t right now.

But fine you feel different I just don’t understand who people think we will improve without buying top tier players. The manager said it himself. Flipping Hoijlund as our main striker. Is this some silly joke.

Critque it at will:

Kane - ST
Rabiot - CM
Caicedo - CM
Vanderson - RB
Raya - GK

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Okay so no point in signing a CB, we'll just keep Maguire and Lindelof because Varane and Martinez will play every match

There's no point in buying a well established great DM because they aren't going to want to sit behind and learn from Casemiro

Thuram was just called up to the French squad recently for qualifiers and is only 22, you act like France isn't a bedrock of incredible talent and anyone can walk into that team, they can't. But hey when some other top team signs him this summer it won't matter because he isn't good enough for the mighty Reds, same old story with a lot of players you all turn your noses up at.

Hojlund has potential, and has great attributes, sorry we won't be spending over 150 million on Osimhen so there has to be alternatives.

You criticize my choices but offer up no alternatives yourself, so please, enlighten me.
I didn’t say anything was wrong with signing a defender. I was just pointing out you decided to go with a summer that would improve our bench only.

I just doing it hilarious considering how many actual first team players we need.

SparkedIntoLife

Yes we should wait until he establishes himself that’s the whole point of us being Manchester United and not Fulham.

We are not at a stage to be taking risks..

ETH literally has this next transfer window or he could be out of a job come the next one. So I don’t think he has time to be nurturing players like Thuram when his first team isn’t right now.

But fine you feel different I just don’t understand who people think we will improve without buying top tier players. The manager said it himself. Flipping Hoijlund as our main striker. Is this some silly joke.

Critque it at will:

Kane - ST
Rabiot - CM
Caicedo - CM
Vanderson - RB
Raya - GK
Kane and Caicedo alone will be £200m+. I like Kane a lot but wonder if he's dynamic enough for a Ten Hag striker and he is 30 years old. I'd take him but not without doubts. Caicedo is brilliant. Doesn't it grate with you slightly that we apparently were close to signing him for £5m two years ago but pulled out and now Brighton are demanding at least £100m? Why are we always so short term and reactive?!

Rabiot will be on a free so makes sense economically. Stylistically, I do feel he's an ETH number 8 but I'm worried about his attitude, baggage and lack of consistency. Not a bad shout though.

Vanderson looks quality. I'd say Monaco would demand at least £30m/£40m which isn't bad. I'd be happy with him but Dalot and AWB's improvement mean that RB isn't a high priority.

Raya for the reported £25m is decent enough. He's weaker at shot stopping than DDG but better with his feet so more suited to our play. I'm not against this at all.

You're looking at a £250m spend here at least. I don't know how possible this is. Also, if we sell Maguire (maybe you don't want this), we would need to bring in another central defender, surely.

As regards to your other comments, would you have signed Enzo Fernandez or Julian Alvarez last year? They left River for around £20m each. Enzo just went for £106.8m (not saying that wasn't an overspend by Chelsea). Alvarez has 15 goals this season - wouldn't he have been better than Weghorst or Martial? Does half a season's development at Benfica really add £80m onto Enzo's value? Did he need to go to Benfica first before going to Chelsea or would Chelsea have been smarter to pick him up for £80m less and having more money in the kitty? Sometimes we have to strike early. It really depends on the player, of course. I don't think we can be too dogmatic. If ETH is really good at developing players (as we've seen), why can't he turn Hojlund into a world beater? Wouldn't you rather have a raw Hojlund for a season or two before he turns into a beast than the mess we've had up front for the last few seasons?

Mainoldo

Kane and Caicedo alone will be £200m+. I like Kane a lot but wonder if he's dynamic enough for a Ten Hag striker and he is 30 years old. I'd take him but not without doubts. Caicedo is brilliant. Doesn't it grate with you slightly that we apparently were close to signing him for £5m two years ago but pulled out and now Brighton are demanding at least £100m? Why are we always so short term and reactive?!

Rabiot will be on a free so makes sense economically. Stylistically, I do feel he's an ETH number 8 but I'm worried about his attitude, baggage and lack of consistency. Not a bad shout though.

Vanderson looks quality. I'd say Monaco would demand at least £30m/£40m which isn't bad. I'd be happy with him but Dalot and AWB's improvement mean that RB isn't a high priority.

Raya for the reported £25m is decent enough. He's weaker at shot stopping than DDG but better with his feet so more suited to our play. I'm not against this at all.

You're looking at a £250m spend here at least. I don't know how possible this is. Also, if we sell Maguire (maybe you don't want this), we would need to bring in another central defender, surely.

As regards to your other comments, would you have signed Enzo Fernandez or Julian Alvarez last year? They left River for around £20m each. Enzo just went for £106.8m (not saying that wasn't an overspend by Chelsea). Alvarez has 15 goals this season - wouldn't he have been better than Weghorst or Martial? Does half a season's development at Benfica really add £80m onto Enzo's value? Did he need to go to Benfica first before going to Chelsea or would Chelsea have been smarter to pick him up for £80m less and having more money in the kitty? Sometimes we have to strike early. It really depends on the player, of course. I don't think we can be too dogmatic. If ETH is really good at developing players (as we've seen), why can't he turn Hojlund into a world beater? Wouldn't you rather have a raw Hojlund for a season or two before he turns into a beast than the mess we've had up front for the last few seasons?
Enzo yeah sure. But for us he cost £24m and that’s a risk if we are looking for him to fill a whole that Casemiro filled. Sure if we are buying him with the potential to replace Casemiro then it’s good business. I think Real spent similar acquiring Camavinga.

Surely you can understand why that deal doesn’t get done. As for Alvarez.. again listen to what I am saying… yes last season we should have brought a player like him with as he would have added great squad depth to CR7 and Martial. But now we need a first team striker like how City got Haaland and Alvarez’s profile is not sufficient right now.

Why is this hard to grasp. We are 4th trying to push forward to be number 1. Our transfers should reflect this. No it doesn’t mean we buy Mbappe. But surely we want players better than what we have.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Buy: 220m
  • Diogo Costa £45m
  • Ugarte £40m
  • Kim £45m
  • Frimpong £30m
  • Hojlund £60m
Diogo Costa
Frimpong
- Kim - Martinez - Shaw
Casemiro - Ugarte
Antony - Bruno - Rashford
Hojlund
Sell Greenwood, Maguire, Mctominay VDB, Elanga, Bissaka, Henderson, and let go DDG who has 20m salary to rise the funds.

Last edited:

SparkedIntoLife

Enzo yeah sure. But for us he cost £24m and that’s a risk if we are looking for him to fill a whole that Casemiro filled. Sure if we are buying him with the potential to replace Casemiro then it’s good business. I think Real spent similar acquiring Camavinga.

Surely you can understand why that deal doesn’t get done. As for Alvarez.. again listen to what I am saying… yes last season we should have brought a player like him with as he would have added great squad depth to CR7 and Martial. But now we need a first team striker like how City got Haaland and Alvarez’s profile is not sufficient right now.

Why is this hard to grasp. We are 4th trying to push forward to be number 1. Our transfers should reflect this. No it doesn’t mean we buy Mbappe. But surely we want players better than what we have.
Hojlund is currently better than what we have up front and will be far better. I don't think it takes a top scout to see this. Martial barely plays and Weghorst is decidedly average. You called out L1nk for wanting us to only sign a top keeper and 4 bench players, in your words. For me, we only really need 1 or 2 new undisputed starters, given how FFP will screw us over this Summer, regardless of whether the takeover goes through in time or not. We all agree that we need a new first choice striker. Very little doubt there.

This leads us with a first 11 of - de Gea; Dalot/AWB, Shaw, Varane, Martinez; Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Rashford, Fernandes; [NEW ST]

That's a pretty decent first 11 and, depending on the quality of the striker, would be an improvement on this season.

Now, from there, one could easily argue that we could upgrade on DDG (as L1nk clearly has). I'd agree with this too but I'd consider getting a young apprentice for £20m like Verbruggen/Mamardashvili rather than spending £60m on Diogo Costa, though he's probably the best option. I'd keep DDG on a reduced wage if possible rather than buy 2 new keepers.

It's fair also to argue that RB can be upgraded on. I'd agree but this is in a perfect world and Dalot/AWB have done enough to carry on IMHO.

As for centre back, I don't think too many would argue against Maguire leaving, for his sake and ours. He would need to be replaced, unless one thinks Bailly can have a renaissance (which would be a foolish hope). Especially as Varane is so often unavailable and Lindelof, despite having some good games lately, has never shown consistently he can be a top starter for us. L1nk and I both chose Min-Jae which makes so much sense. He plays both RCD and LCD for Napoli, has been amazing and has a very reasonable release clause.

I think we need an alternative to Eriksen, not an upgrade. The best profile would seem to be someone with energy, technique to carry the ball up the pitch and press resistance (I know that is a hipster term, apologies!). K. Thuram is a great fit. Just watch him. He's class.

On the wings we're fine (Antony, Amad, Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho). At LB, there's not much need to buy anyone unless we see Shaw as a permanent CD. Ideally a DM to cover Casemiro could come in but this may be a luxury, given other needs. AM is fine with Bruno who basically plays every game but with Eriksen, Sancho, Donny (if he stays), Mejbri (if he stays) as cover.

Maybe Hojlund is too much of a gamble but the other options can easily be considered the same. Kane? Older, lots of miles on the clock, not so dynamic, will be at least 100m. Osimhen? Will be pushing £130m/£150m and is better on the counter than in more of a possession based side as ETH is trying to mould us. His technique is questionable. I like him a lot but he isn't a slam dunk, must sign option IMHO. Kolo Muani? A year ago, he left Nantes on a free after scoring 12 goals in Ligue 1. I'm sure he has improved but is he really worth £100m more than a year ago? Vlahovic? Only 2 goals more than Hojlund in Serie A this year, will be double the price and is playing in a stronger team. Most who watch him regularly don't rate him as an elite striker. Way overrated.

The fact of the matter is that there's not a wealth of incredible forwards on the market. We may have to gamble a bit, as long as we're sure that the player has the requisite potential. We signed Rooney after him scoring only 15 goals professionally at 18. If there was an 18 year old Rooney regen on the market right now, would you not sign him? Hojlund could easily be a world beater. Watch him, he has all the attributes - lightning quick, good finisher, tall, technically sound, versatile, good in the air etc. We've signed numerous superstars in recent years who ultimately have failed - Falcao, Ibrahimovic (failed is harsh here, granted), Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Di Maria, Sanchez etc.

Mainoldo

Hojlund is currently better than what we have up front and will be far better. I don't think it takes a top scout to see this. Martial barely plays and Weghorst is decidedly average. You called out L1nk for wanting us to only sign a top keeper and 4 bench players, in your words. For me, we only really need 1 or 2 new undisputed starters, given how FFP will screw us over this Summer, regardless of whether the takeover goes through in time or not. We all agree that we need a new first choice striker. Very little doubt there.

This leads us with a first 11 of - de Gea; Dalot/AWB, Shaw, Varane, Martinez; Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Rashford, Fernandes; [NEW ST]

That's a pretty decent first 11 and, depending on the quality of the striker, would be an improvement on this season.

Now, from there, one could easily argue that we could upgrade on DDG (as L1nk clearly has). I'd agree with this too but I'd consider getting a young apprentice for £20m like Verbruggen/Mamardashvili rather than spending £60m on Diogo Costa, though he's probably the best option. I'd keep DDG on a reduced wage if possible rather than buy 2 new keepers.

It's fair also to argue that RB can be upgraded on. I'd agree but this is in a perfect world and Dalot/AWB have done enough to carry on IMHO.

As for centre back, I don't think too many would argue against Maguire leaving, for his sake and ours. He would need to be replaced, unless one thinks Bailly can have a renaissance (which would be a foolish hope). Especially as Varane is so often unavailable and Lindelof, despite having some good games lately, has never shown consistently he can be a top starter for us. L1nk and I both chose Min-Jae which makes so much sense. He plays both RCD and LCD for Napoli, has been amazing and has a very reasonable release clause.

I think we need an alternative to Eriksen, not an upgrade. The best profile would seem to be someone with energy, technique to carry the ball up the pitch and press resistance (I know that is a hipster term, apologies!). K. Thuram is a great fit. Just watch him. He's class.

On the wings we're fine (Antony, Amad, Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho). At LB, there's not much need to buy anyone unless we see Shaw as a permanent CD. Ideally a DM to cover Casemiro could come in but this may be a luxury, given other needs. AM is fine with Bruno who basically plays every game but with Eriksen, Sancho, Donny (if he stays), Mejbri (if he stays) as cover.

Maybe Hojlund is too much of a gamble but the other options can easily be considered the same. Kane? Older, lots of miles on the clock, not so dynamic, will be at least 100m. Osimhen? Will be pushing £130m/£150m and is better on the counter than in more of a possession based side as ETH is trying to mould us. His technique is questionable. I like him a lot but he isn't a slam dunk, must sign option IMHO. Kolo Muani? A year ago, he left Nantes on a free after scoring 12 goals in Ligue 1. I'm sure he has improved but is he really worth £100m more than a year ago? Vlahovic? Only 2 goals more than Hojlund in Serie A this year, will be double the price and is playing in a stronger team. Most who watch him regularly don't rate him as an elite striker. Way overrated.

The fact of the matter is that there's not a wealth of incredible forwards on the market. We may have to gamble a bit, as long as we're sure that the player has the requisite potential. We signed Rooney after him scoring only 15 goals professionally at 18. If there was an 18 year old Rooney regen on the market right now, would you not sign him? Hojlund could easily be a world beater. Watch him, he has all the attributes - lightning quick, good finisher, tall, technically sound, versatile, good in the air etc. We've signed numerous superstars in recent years who ultimately have failed - Falcao, Ibrahimovic (failed is harsh here, granted), Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Di Maria, Sanchez etc.
I really don’t think the striker market is great in all honesty at all. The fact I back Mason Greenwood over every striker we have been linked with bare Harry Kane with 12 months of no football, tells its own story.

Sorry I can’t agree with your analogy that the second highest goalscorer ever in our league is a risk at 30 against a kid who isn’t even a wonder kid is mad.

All the other points fair enough. But I think less risk, more quality is required. Yes we can list all the failed names behind us.. but this is a different environment..

Real Madrid have a list an arm long of all their names failures, it doesn’t stop them from continuing to buy names.

Bondi77

What we really need is to stop paying a fortune for players that have looked good in other leagues.
I am not against buying players from other leagues but we have to have astute people at the club that can analyse the skillsets and see if they are suitable for what we need and a really good technique has to be on the top of the list as I am sick of watching players at our club that struggle with the basics of the game.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Bare minimum: A CB, who can be promoted or transferred in. A CDM to help Casemiro, again promoted or transferred in. And lastly a CF who must be transferred in, maybe a young lad promoted to help as well.

I'd be happy to spunk our net budget on Harry Kane tbh and promote from the loans in CM and CB.

With the CB I think can we are safe to call Luke Shaw the 2nd choice LCB, he has shown to be good enough at the highest level. But we need a 2nd choice RCB and I'm not too sure how we want solve this problem. I assume that Teden Mengi is the best from our own youth players, but he needs frequent PL playing time if he is to get up to the top PL levels we need. Will he get it in between Varane’s injury down time?

ClassOf'99

ST - Someone who can actually finish
RW - Cover/improvement on Antony
LCM - Someone who can take the ball from defense and get it forward
Cdm - Cover for Case
LCB - Cover for Martinez, leadership qualities
GK - Someone who can save & pass

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't think CB is as big of a priority as others make it out to be.

Our existing CBs will all go up a level once they're playing in front of a more composed goalkeeper who's able to organize his defense competently.

Red Rash

Trying not to be knee jerk but we need:

- GK who commands their area and can play out from the back
- CDM backup for Casemiro
- CM partner for Casemiro who can dictate the play
- First choice CF who can get us 25-30 goals
- Backup CF who is good for 10-15 goals

I have very little faith in the board to deliver though

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I think at this stage we should just look at improving the spine of the team. Go for 4 quality players in the GK,CB,CM and striker position. We need to prioritise those 4 positions.

We cant fix this mess all in one window and that would leave us short at RB and we'd also need another CM and backup striker. But its unrealistic to solve it all in one summer. Fix the spine and then worry about the rest in summer 2024.

daba

I think at this stage we should just look at improving the spine of the team. Go for 4 quality players in the GK,CB,CM and striker position. We need to prioritise those 4 positions.

We cant fix this mess all in one window and that would leave us short at RB and we'd also need another CM and backup striker. But its unrealistic to solve it all in one summer. Fix the spine and then worry about the rest in summer 2024.
Budget summer:

Raya 30m
Kim 40m
Rabiot Free
Kane 80m

Qatari summer

Costa 65m
Kim 40m
Caicedo 80m
Kane 80m

jesperjaap

Really dont think we can go out and spend £80-100m on the likes of Kane or Omishen this summer or £60-70m for Costa as a keeper when we genuinely need six signings:

GK (possibly 2)
RB
CB(possibly 2)
CM (possibly 2/3)
CF (Definately 2)

I think we really need to be findinf value in the transfer market, we need quality that can come into the first eleven in four of those positions needed and the squad options need to be offering competition as we have seen that we have first eleven players with contant injury, suspension or consistency problems. But in order to be able to make these purchases we need to find value in our purchases to get th enumber in.....and have a genuinne cull.

DeGea, Henderson, Telles, WIlliams, Jones, Bailly, Maguire, Lindelof, Bissaka, Dalot, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Tuanzabe, Elanga, Martial, Greenwood....there are good reasons for selling/releasing any of these players and the vast majority of them should go....a couple more I could even add to that but wont.

None of the loan signings should stay either. See a lot of people including Sabitzer in transfers in....why? He has been bang average at best, what does he actually offer beyong a cheap deal? Dont get me wrong , I liek him, but he isnt the right age to be spendin g£20m on to sit on the bench....the player he has come on to cover should be sitting on it!

As for value signings, some of these I know little of watching personally apart from highlight videos and readign about them, but they are te type of signings I think we need to be lookign at:

GK:
I have been on feelign we should offer DeGea a new contract for his experience and that he has had a decent season and not sure the player is there to replace him....but I am not sure now, the feet wasnt so much a worry for me short term....adding some of these mistakes to it, changes that. Diego Costa not seen much of bar the world cup.

I think the options in the premiership will still be too expensive, so:

Vicario - Been linked with few of the top clubs in Italy as well as Bayern and for fees around £20m. Looks a really good shot stopper and a very good fee

Mycael Pontes - If we dont keep DeGea, why do another worthless loan or experienced number two. Why not go for a cheap option that is young with genuine world class potential. Makign this kind of signing they should also be able to get experience playing for the U23s with little game time as a number two. Only seen this guy once in an U20 game and he made an amazing penalty save. Watching videos of him he looks very good with his feet, commanding, big and with great reactions too.

RB:
Neither Dalot or Bissaka have shown enough in there progression to prove they are good enough to be the first chocie right back here. They are both good number twos. For me one has to go, probably against the grain, for me it is Dalot. Not seen Frimpong, but there have been three right backs the last couple of seasons I have really liekd Livaramento who is injured so no, Gusto who is going to Chelsea and the other is....

Vanderson
Glad we are beign linked with. like the former two, think he is still a rough diamond....but I think he has bags of ability and especially going forward offers what we are looking for, with the more defensive minded Bissaka behind him we have two quality options offering different qualities of a top level and I think £45m is godo value for him as he could become a fantastic right back (mind you said the same about Bissaka years ago)

CB
Beyond Varane/Martinez and SHaw as an emergency back up....I dont like any of our current options, Bailly/Jones/Maguire/Tuanzabe all have to go and personally I would be happily shot of Lindelof as well, he seems one of the current players been here a long time that puts together three good performances and he islauded as great option for the squad, he has barely been above bang average in 99% of his games here...we need genuine quality and I believe selling Lindelof too possibly enables us to get two in if need be

Jae
Looking at some of the huge fees paid for th ebig up and coming centre bakcs over the last 6/7years, I feel the £50m fee for Jae is actually good value, as you dont get a good centre back under £40m these days. Beyond maybe Timber and Gvardiol he is probablyup there as the next wave and both of them would cost considerably more , especially Gvardiol. Unless there is a wild card, considering we need a right sided player to cover Varane more than Martinez I cant see beyond Timber or Jae, Jae is cheaper and maybe suit the physicality of the league alongside Martinez as a partner more than Timber

Lukeba
If we were to sign a yougn left sided one, I like Inacio from what I have seen of him in the EUropa league, but I think Lukeba is a top top young centre back who woul dbe getting a lot more clout if it wasnt for all the quality French centre backs at the moment and for me he is a far better than Badiashille for example.

CM
DeJong isnt coming, Bellingham is going to Madrid and Rice is quality but way too expensive, would love him if we were 1 or 2 players away from a squad, but we arent. We need cover for Casemeiro but can we spend £40m on Lavia with our needs? We also seriously need a numbe r8. Personally in tough games, I think Eriksen struggles n the role defensively and is far better as a squad option for th eFernandes role or coming on if we are chasing a game. Perfect signing for me really is McAllister who I think is very under rated on here....again he and Caicedo, both cost a lot of money though, so:

Alan Varela - Confess I know little about him apart from recent videos and comments from the likes of Howson....but its more, we should be makign this type of signings when it can be done for £10-20m. We have been heavily linked befor ethey moved with the likes of Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez, as a back up to Casemeiro, we should be looking for the next star, not waiting for them to become one

Caqueret - Two players I have followed closely and really liked the last couple of seasons. Onewas Camavinga....laughable so may "he is too young, wont be ready" commentsbefore he went to Madrid, the other one was Caqueret. I cant believe nobody went in for him last summer before he signed a new contract. He has to be one of the best footballers over 21 not palying international football. He is small but strong, end to end and combative but really intelligent and technical. He reminds me more of some of the really good Spanish players than French ones, think of a yougn Fabregas. There are others like Kephren Thuram coming thorugh who all seem to have higher values, unlike VDB who was always a poor buy £35m odd for Caqueret would be an absolute steal in my opinion, not going to get midfielders of his quality for less...tho maybe

Enzo le Fee - Confess I have seen nothing of him, but keep seeing his name popping up. Again, liek Varela, ist another example that we dont need to spend £70-100m on a midfielder, we could realistically sign all three of the above for less, wouldnt mind two, personally I have high hopes for Mainoo and Hannibal, but considering how dire our midfield has been and that all our three first choice options now are around 30 or over, clearing out the dross behind them, Eriksen should be replaced in the first teamso fresh options woul dbe good behind Fernandes/Casemeiro as lets face it, neither are ever gettign benched with the current squad, reagardless of form (Fernandes til this season had been dire for some time for example), so new competition be good

CF

Opening a can of worms, we have probably the perfect longterm superstar striker already here, we all know who what is, but he cant even enter the equation at the moment for obvious reasons.
Kane as a signing is liek Rice to me, fantastic player, but we cant spend £100m on him with what we need as we are more than a couple fo players away from a first eleven let alone squad....its liek Van Persie for me too, think he has 1/2 good seasons left at his peak, just a hunch, but Kane cant fire this side to a title. Also think Omishen is really good, but he really isnt a £100m striker....anyway, we need to sign two strikers, so the names for me

Sesko Not seen much of him, looks a huge talent but probably not ready, again this is the type of signing though

Hoijlund Seems to be the common name. Im kind of split. From what I have seen he doesnt look like a natural goal scorer and hsi record certainly doesnt show him being one. But he does seem big and strong and very quick for his size. He seems to have the power of Haaland (which we have only seen recently at CIty) and the link up play of Kane, so in that respect I really like him, think he would link up our play in the final third a lot better than at it is currently, especally on the break but not sure he scores a shed load of goals

Gift Orban Only seen him from highlights of the conference cup this season but been very impressed, looks absolutely rapid and does look a natural finisher. Not ready to lead our line probably, but he looks a big talent and as we are needing two striker this summer, £20-30m for him as an exciting second choice looks really good value

Vitor Roque Linked with a lot of clubs, again a gamble but £30/40m on a potential world star teenager, especially when we will probably be offloading ours so a godo replacement, seems far better value for me alongside a second strikign signing than spending £100m on the top targets

I do think its possible to buy 2 keepers, 2 centre backs, two cm and 2 strikers for £220-270m this summer. I also think its possible for us to raise £150-200m in sales this summer. So we could transform our squad I believe with a £100m net spend.

Of course we are not going to do 20deals in and out over the summer and realistically I only see us possiby signing one or two of the players I have mentioned.....I think we do a window similar to the last one, two big deals, two smaller deals and 7/8 out raising much more money this time though. I think our first eleven will be quality next season.....however, I dont think our squad will be

daba

Really dont think we can go out and spend £80-100m on the likes of Kane or Omishen this summer or £60-70m for Costa as a keeper when we genuinely need six signings:

GK (possibly 2)
RB
CB(possibly 2)
CM (possibly 2/3)
CF (Definately 2)

I think we really need to be findinf value in the transfer market, we need quality that can come into the first eleven in four of those positions needed and the squad options need to be offering competition as we have seen that we have first eleven players with contant injury, suspension or consistency problems. But in order to be able to make these purchases we need to find value in our purchases to get th enumber in.....and have a genuinne cull.

DeGea, Henderson, Telles, WIlliams, Jones, Bailly, Maguire, Lindelof, Bissaka, Dalot, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Tuanzabe, Elanga, Martial, Greenwood....there are good reasons for selling/releasing any of these players and the vast majority of them should go....a couple more I could even add to that but wont.

None of the loan signings should stay either. See a lot of people including Sabitzer in transfers in....why? He has been bang average at best, what does he actually offer beyong a cheap deal? Dont get me wrong , I liek him, but he isnt the right age to be spendin g£20m on to sit on the bench....the player he has come on to cover should be sitting on it!

As for value signings, some of these I know little of watching personally apart from highlight videos and readign about them, but they are te type of signings I think we need to be lookign at:

GK:
I have been on feelign we should offer DeGea a new contract for his experience and that he has had a decent season and not sure the player is there to replace him....but I am not sure now, the feet wasnt so much a worry for me short term....adding some of these mistakes to it, changes that. Diego Costa not seen much of bar the world cup.

I think the options in the premiership will still be too expensive, so:

Vicario - Been linked with few of the top clubs in Italy as well as Bayern and for fees around £20m. Looks a really good shot stopper and a very good fee

Mycael Pontes - If we dont keep DeGea, why do another worthless loan or experienced number two. Why not go for a cheap option that is young with genuine world class potential. Makign this kind of signing they should also be able to get experience playing for the U23s with little game time as a number two. Only seen this guy once in an U20 game and he made an amazing penalty save. Watching videos of him he looks very good with his feet, commanding, big and with great reactions too.

RB:
Neither Dalot or Bissaka have shown enough in there progression to prove they are good enough to be the first chocie right back here. They are both good number twos. For me one has to go, probably against the grain, for me it is Dalot. Not seen Frimpong, but there have been three right backs the last couple of seasons I have really liekd Livaramento who is injured so no, Gusto who is going to Chelsea and the other is....

Vanderson
Glad we are beign linked with. like the former two, think he is still a rough diamond....but I think he has bags of ability and especially going forward offers what we are looking for, with the more defensive minded Bissaka behind him we have two quality options offering different qualities of a top level and I think £45m is godo value for him as he could become a fantastic right back (mind you said the same about Bissaka years ago)

CB
Beyond Varane/Martinez and SHaw as an emergency back up....I dont like any of our current options, Bailly/Jones/Maguire/Tuanzabe all have to go and personally I would be happily shot of Lindelof as well, he seems one of the current players been here a long time that puts together three good performances and he islauded as great option for the squad, he has barely been above bang average in 99% of his games here...we need genuine quality and I believe selling Lindelof too possibly enables us to get two in if need be

Jae
Looking at some of the huge fees paid for th ebig up and coming centre bakcs over the last 6/7years, I feel the £50m fee for Jae is actually good value, as you dont get a good centre back under £40m these days. Beyond maybe Timber and Gvardiol he is probablyup there as the next wave and both of them would cost considerably more , especially Gvardiol. Unless there is a wild card, considering we need a right sided player to cover Varane more than Martinez I cant see beyond Timber or Jae, Jae is cheaper and maybe suit the physicality of the league alongside Martinez as a partner more than Timber

Lukeba
If we were to sign a yougn left sided one, I like Inacio from what I have seen of him in the EUropa league, but I think Lukeba is a top top young centre back who woul dbe getting a lot more clout if it wasnt for all the quality French centre backs at the moment and for me he is a far better than Badiashille for example.

CM
DeJong isnt coming, Bellingham is going to Madrid and Rice is quality but way too expensive, would love him if we were 1 or 2 players away from a squad, but we arent. We need cover for Casemeiro but can we spend £40m on Lavia with our needs? We also seriously need a numbe r8. Personally in tough games, I think Eriksen struggles n the role defensively and is far better as a squad option for th eFernandes role or coming on if we are chasing a game. Perfect signing for me really is McAllister who I think is very under rated on here....again he and Caicedo, both cost a lot of money though, so:

Alan Varela - Confess I know little about him apart from recent videos and comments from the likes of Howson....but its more, we should be makign this type of signings when it can be done for £10-20m. We have been heavily linked befor ethey moved with the likes of Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez, as a back up to Casemeiro, we should be looking for the next star, not waiting for them to become one

Caqueret - Two players I have followed closely and really liked the last couple of seasons. Onewas Camavinga....laughable so may "he is too young, wont be ready" commentsbefore he went to Madrid, the other one was Caqueret. I cant believe nobody went in for him last summer before he signed a new contract. He has to be one of the best footballers over 21 not palying international football. He is small but strong, end to end and combative but really intelligent and technical. He reminds me more of some of the really good Spanish players than French ones, think of a yougn Fabregas. There are others like Kephren Thuram coming thorugh who all seem to have higher values, unlike VDB who was always a poor buy £35m odd for Caqueret would be an absolute steal in my opinion, not going to get midfielders of his quality for less...tho maybe

Enzo le Fee - Confess I have seen nothing of him, but keep seeing his name popping up. Again, liek Varela, ist another example that we dont need to spend £70-100m on a midfielder, we could realistically sign all three of the above for less, wouldnt mind two, personally I have high hopes for Mainoo and Hannibal, but considering how dire our midfield has been and that all our three first choice options now are around 30 or over, clearing out the dross behind them, Eriksen should be replaced in the first teamso fresh options woul dbe good behind Fernandes/Casemeiro as lets face it, neither are ever gettign benched with the current squad, reagardless of form (Fernandes til this season had been dire for some time for example), so new competition be good

CF
Opening a can of worms, we have probably the perfect longterm superstar striker already here, we all know who what is, but he cant even enter the equation at the moment for obvious reasons.
Kane as a signing is liek Rice to me, fantastic player, but we cant spend £100m on him with what we need as we are more than a couple fo players away from a first eleven let alone squad....its liek Van Persie for me too, think he has 1/2 good seasons left at his peak, just a hunch, but Kane cant fire this side to a title. Also think Omishen is really good, but he really isnt a £100m striker....anyway, we need to sign two strikers, so the names for me

Sesko Not seen much of him, looks a huge talent but probably not ready, again this is the type of signing though

Hoijlund Seems to be the common name. Im kind of split. From what I have seen he doesnt look like a natural goal scorer and hsi record certainly doesnt show him being one. But he does seem big and strong and very quick for his size. He seems to have the power of Haaland (which we have only seen recently at CIty) and the link up play of Kane, so in that respect I really like him, think he would link up our play in the final third a lot better than at it is currently, especally on the break but not sure he scores a shed load of goals

Gift Orban Only seen him from highlights of the conference cup this season but been very impressed, looks absolutely rapid and does look a natural finisher. Not ready to lead our line probably, but he looks a big talent and as we are needing two striker this summer, £20-30m for him as an exciting second choice looks really good value

Vitor Roque Linked with a lot of clubs, again a gamble but £30/40m on a potential world star teenager, especially when we will probably be offloading ours so a godo replacement, seems far better value for me alongside a second strikign signing than spending £100m on the top targets

I do think its possible to buy 2 keepers, 2 centre backs, two cm and 2 strikers for £220-270m this summer. I also think its possible for us to raise £150-200m in sales this summer. So we could transform our squad I believe with a £100m net spend.

Of course we are not going to do 20deals in and out over the summer and realistically I only see us possiby signing one or two of the players I have mentioned.....I think we do a window similar to the last one, two big deals, two smaller deals and 7/8 out raising much more money this time though. I think our first eleven will be quality next season.....however, I dont think our squad will be
Some sensible options there.

Heard a lot of good things about Lukeba but with Martinez here I don’t see us going for another primarily LCB. Kim would be perfect as he’s right footed but has played LCB most of the season for Napoli.

The rumours about Timber have been that he will cost €50m so the same as Kim Min Jae. He would be my second choice after Kim as I think he could be perfect as an inverted fullback which I think ETH would like to adopt but can’t effectively with the current RBs.

As budget options I’m not against any of those you have mentioned. Would also throw Bennacer’s hat in the ring, who despite signing a new deal in Jan, still has his €50m release clause.

On the striker front, we should have a look at Marcos Leonardo from Santos as another very promising Brazilian forward. He certainly wouldn’t be ready to lead the line, but if we were able to offload Martial he could be a very good understudy to someone like Kane. We were actually linked to him at the end of last year pre-January window.

Macedonian Red

Raya
Timber
Ndicka (free agent)
McCalister
Caicedo
Turam (free agent)
Kane

Raya
Timber Varane Martinez Shaw
Bruno Casemiro Mccalister
Greenwood Kane Rashford

Henderson
Awb Lindelof Ndicka Malacia
Eriksen Caicedo Fred
Antony Turam Garnacho

Sold the rest.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Coming from another thread, I’d say in order of priorities we are going to need a new GK, striker (both are absolutely impossible to not have), at least 1 but preferably 2 new midfielders, a backup center half to even have a proper squad next year. After these are addressed we can really start thinking about improving in positions where we have decent players who are quite a bit behind level required to get us back to the top (like full backs and wingers).