What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Overhaul FC

-Frimpong
-World's best young CB
-CM who can control the tempo of a game, pass, tackle and run
-Greenwood back for RW
-Another RW in the mould of Chukwueze to replace Antony and compete with Greenwood for RW position

4 doable transfers with Greenwood returning in January.

Get rid of:
-Maguire (When all players are back we will start defending higher again and he will be redundant in that system)
-Casemiro if he's not up for the fight when back after injury
-Rashford if he's still crying over Sancho being frozen out/Sold
-Sancho
-Antony because he's clueless and hasn't got the skills to be top level.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
-Frimpong
-World's best young CB
-CM who can control the tempo of a game, pass, tackle and run
-Greenwood back for RW
-Another RW in the mould of Chukwueze to replace Antony and compete with Greenwood for RW position

4 doable transfers with Greenwood returning in January.

Get rid of:
-Maguire (When all players are back we will start defending higher again and he will be redundant in that system)
-Casemiro if he's not up for the fight when back after injury
-Rashford if he's still crying over Sancho being frozen out/Sold
-Sancho
-Antony because he's clueless and hasn't got the skills to be top level.
Even IF the club took the decision to keep MG , he needs the benefit of a full season loan to get full fitness, match sharpness and consistency. He’s been out for almost 2 years. You don’t get back to PL level after a handful of games (not even full ones at that). Leave him be

Bwuk

Even IF the club took the decision to keep MG , he needs the benefit of a full season loan to get full fitness, match sharpness and consistency. He’s been out for almost 2 years. You don’t get back to PL level after a handful of games (not even full ones at that). Leave him be
He's scored 4 goals and 3 assists in 11 games despite missing such a long period. He's more than ready to walk into our team.

AnotherLondonManc

Frimpong

Tadibo

Paulinha

Olise

Toney
Olise would be great, imo one of the best RWs on the market and he plays for Palace. Should be a tap in.

Todibo likewise with the Ratcliffe connection.

Palinha's getting on a bit, I don't know of any CDMs we could target instead, but if Mainoo has a breakout season, we're good with him, Casemiro, and maybe a loan for depth.

Toney is a no. Overpriced, been out for 6 months, and not good enough to keep Hojlund out of the side. His development is paramount

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's scored 4 goals and 3 assists in 11 games despite missing such a long period. He's more than ready to walk into our team.
He’s really not. You’re over estimating the teams he has played against and the pace he’s been playing at so far

Overhaul FC

He’s really not. You’re over estimating the teams he has played against and the pace he’s been playing at so far
I'd rather have Greenwood starting or on the bench than Sancho/Antony/Rashford/Amad/Pellestri.

I'd twist and let him come back and have a fresh start. I doubt any of our other wingers would be doing as well as he has in La Liga playing for a poor side.

Looking ahead to Martial probably leaving in the summer it would be good to reintegrate Greenwood with less pressure to hit the ground running straightaway next season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We need plenty of new players, and we are also linked with some young talents. The much better approach than trying to buy the finished article

Njord

Antonio Silva, Joao Neves and Florian Wirtz.

Then build from this central line:

Silva Martinez
Mainoo Neves
Wirtz
Höjlund
Probably a £300M outlay, but would put us in a good position for the next 10 years.

JohnnyLaw

Mason Greenwood coming back would be huge for squad planning however you feel about it.

If he comes in we’re arguably set in attack going into next season as he’ll strenghten both CF and RW.

We need a pivot in midfield and at least one CB.

Lw: Rashford, Garnacho
Cf: Højlund, Greenwood
Rw: Antony, Amad, Greenwood

Cam: Bruno, Mount, Eriksen(?)
Cm: Mainoo, Gore, McTominay(?)
CDM: Casemiro,

LB: Shaw, Malacia
LCB: Martinez, Lindelöf
RCB: Varane(?), Maguire(?)
RB: AWB, Dalot

GK: Onana

I’d definitely look to cut the players with question marks.

Definite targets

* If not Diomande then Todibo
*LCB option- Hincapie/Branthwaithe/Medina (?)
* CDM- Don’t know wether Redondo is good enough but in profile he’s the closest to what I’d want.
* Verstile CM

Lux targets

* Talented LB to replace Malacia, Barco type
* RB to replace either Dalot or AWB, Frimpong for example.

Woziak

Mason Greenwood coming back would be huge for squad planning however you feel about it.

If he comes in we’re arguably set in attack going into next season as he’ll strenghten both CF and RW.

Definite targets

* CDM- Don’t know wether Redondo is good enough but in profile he’s the closest to what I’d want.
* Verstile CM

Lux targets

Greenwood won’t come back even though if there was more context the to video tape fans may be willing to give him another chance if his partner is prepared to do an interview but generally fans must move on that squad is really just more of the same.

It’s clear now listening to the leaks that Sir Jim, sir David Brailsford Jean Claude and Paul Mitchell, all likely to be the new hierarchy within the club, believe that there is a huge mentality issue in the club and money has been wasted on foreign imports and aging players put on huge contracts. I have a feeling that Mitchell is a huge fan of Sancho and Greenwood and it may be Sancho that stays and Greenwood sold.

United have tried the aging superstars, young British talent, Africa’s best Goalkeeper but we have very little emerging South American talent.

LIF - M Rashford/ A Garnaucho
CFW - * I Toney / R Hojlund / * M Leornado
RIS - Amad Dialo/ J Sancho/M Greenwood
(7/8)

AM - Bruno/ M Mount/ * Dario Osario
CM - K Mainoo/ * Fabricio Diaz
DM - Casemiro /* J Neves / *Eric Martel *or A Rabiot (8)

RB - AWB/*J Frimpong/D Dalot
CBR - *M Ghuei/* J Tobido / H Maguire
CBL - L Martinez/W Kmbwala
LB - L Shaw/ * T Hernandez (10)

GK - *D Costa/ Youth Keeper / T Heaton (3)

I’m suggesting the club needs a complete reset and we need to understand the homegrown rule. Modern CL squads will definitely need 28-30 man squads more games, more injuries due to increased intensity.

We need to sell or let go the following as I doubt they will ever be good enough to influence the club over a 45-55 game season.

Outgoings (14) -
A Onana - £30m
A Bayinder - £10m
R Varane (only selling because of injury record) - £25m
F Pellistri - £20m
H Mejbri - £25m
V Lindelof - £15m
T Malacia - £10m
C Eriksen - £10m
S Mctominay - £30m
S Reguilon/ returned
S Amrabat / Returned
DVB - £5m
A Martial - Free
M Fish £10m

Total - £170- 180m

Incoming Players (11)

D Costa - 60m
T Hernandez - 50m
J Frimpong - 35m
M Ghuei - 55m
J Todibo - 35m
Jao Neves - 40m
E Martel - 15m
F Diaz - 25m
D Osario - 20m
M Leornado - 20m
I Toney - 80m

Total - £435-450m

The total net spend over two transfer windows would be £265-280m

This is what is needed we could replace Eric Martel with the free of Adrien Rabiot and try and do everything within a £250m net budget over two summer transfer windows. This squad is 28/29 players with 13/14 homegrown players and it would stop embarrassing the club and the fans.

Centre Backs who can finally defend wide areas, Two huge upgrades at full back with Luke Shaw playing sone games at Left CB, a mobile young midfield with the experience of Casemiro, Bruno and possibly Rabiot.

A seasoned CFW with two young Centre forwards learning their craft.

This is what’s needed, Onana is not united quality get rid, Maguire has shown that he’s a man of character and could be a valuable squad member and he has the mentality to play for the club plus he’ll be a good role model for Ghuei, Todibo and kmbwala.

We desperately need the options at full back and Frimpong and Hernandez will revolutionise the way we attack in certain games plus with Luke shaw and Martinez we now have a real option to play 343 or 3412 against certain teams, currently something ETH is far too stubborn to try ?

daba

Definite targets

* Verstile CM

Lux targets

RCB - I think Diomande may be out of budget but Todibo makes a lot of sense

LCB - I think you can potentially kill two birds with one stone here by getting Medina who can do both LCB and LB.

CDM - we can either go for more of a fast physical type like Onana or a more technical physical type like Wieffer. Younger options could be Gourna-Douath, Moscardo or Vermeeren.

CM - Joao Neves, simple.

RB - just go get Frimpong, he’ll add a completely new dimension to our right side which has been notoriously unproductive for years.

Probably £250m but a much better use of £250m compared to last season or season before.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We need a proper technically sound and physical 8. We seem to have several players who are only half of that.

We need a RB with better concentration, both Dalot and AWB are just not good enough.

A more experienced striker who can hold the ball up and press. I think Hojlund will get there, but going to be a season of learning his trade.

Oh and a CB overhaul again.

berbasloth4

I think it doesn’t matter who we sign at the moment it will fail. There is a culture or a dark cloud going on at the minute and whoever comes in they get sucked into it.

when Fergie rebuilt he has made sure there was a core who made sure the new or young players knew they United way etc. that has been destroyed. That “cancer or cloud” has leaked to players coming in our coming through and being passed on.

I hoped with Casemiro varane and Ronaldo the culture would change a bit but seems too far gone.

We basically get rid of anyone not buying into the United way and start again, if it means being mid table a couple of seasons for long term success then so be it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Shaw, Hojlund, Garnacho, and Mainoo would be in Sir Alex's United. Bruno maybe a squad player, depending on which of the Sir Alex's teams. None of these other players are good enough for what United should be.

That said, a competent manager would draw or win against tired Newcastle, with the players Erik had available, today.

AFC NimbleThumb

Shaw, Hojlund, Garnacho, and Mainoo would be in Sir Alex's United. Bruno maybe a squad player, depending on which of the Sir Alex's teams. None of these other players are good enough for what United should be.

That said, a competent manager would draw or win against tired Newcastle, with the players Erik had available, today.
Garnacho has finally played well for 2 weeks relax.

The-Mezzala

Two Centre backs Todibo and Branthwaite

Two Midfielders Thuram possibly Zubimendi.Andre cheaper option

Right Winger. Gonzalez , Olise , Chiesa potential Swap deal for Sancho?

Striker Absolutely no idea as the market is not great. Taremi , Guirassy cheap options.

Right Back Frimpomg, Vanderson

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Garnacho has finally played well for 2 weeks relax.
I understand what you are saying, but he is a young prospect and taken for what he is, he would be good enough for the old United

McTominey, Antony, Lindelof or Dalot - no way :)

Lentwood

What we need is physicality. Players who are strong, aggressive, powerful, fast and dynamic.

There are many hundreds, if not thousands of players who meet the criteria, we're just great at skilfully avoiding ever signing any of them

Overhaul FC

Need a CB, RB, CM, RW and ST.

Starting CB like Dragusin/inacio/Tapsoba
Starting RB like Frimpong
Starting CM in the mould of Scholes or Modric..... Easy.....
RW like Greenwood/Chukwueze
ST like Guirassi/Ferguson

Lee565

I would like to see us start gambling on more on less under the radar players, we keep splashing huge amounts of cash on obvious big names, hyped up youngsters or players that played for our managers before they were hired and 9 times out of ten they fail.

Were we really worse off on when we had 15-20 million Dan James on modest wages for our right wing compared to 80 million Antony or 75 million sancho on huge wages? Were we worse off when we signed blind for 13 million on modest wages compared to when we signed martinez for 55 million or Maguire for 70 million on big wages.

We are clearly terrible with recruitment so we may as well look at players that will cost a modest fee and wages so if it does go wrong we can easily move them on compared to the struggles we will have moving on sancho, Maguire, casimero and Antony without taking huge financial losses.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Reading Arsenal want Frimpong. We gotta get him first.
Lots of rumor on this. Arteta may be interested in an attacking right full back to help out Saka, as he is double teamed all the time. Frimpong has a release clause next summer so it is just a matter which sport project and financial package he will be interested in. He will have many offers.

NoPace

My wild guess is he would coach us like this for this season:

--------------Rashford-----Hojlund----------------
Garnacho------------------------------Bruno-------
--------------Casemiro-Mainoo--------------------
Lisandro----Shaw----Varane-------------Dalot
-----------------------Onana-----------------------------

Lots of Bruno crossing a la Beckham to a front 2.

and then in the summer he'd probably want a new left-sided defender (rotate Shaw, Lisandro and the best left-sided defender he could get, whether that's an attacking LB or a giant LCB would depend on who was available), a new RW, another striker, a RB and a deeper midfielder.

So like this:

2 from 3 at ST: Hojlund, Rashford, Striker
W/AM: Bruno, Garnacho, Mount, LW, Amad or Antony
CM/DM: Casemiro, Mainoo, CM
LD: Shaw, Lisandro, LB/LCB
RCB: Varane, Maguire
RB: RB, Dalot/AWB
GK: Onana, Bayindir

and maybe a new GK if he didn't rate Onana.

20 core guys, maybe keep Amad, McTominay and Lindelof around as cover. Much less about a system and more of a focus on getting some goalscorers on the pitch.

Bruno would also get games in the front 2 once we signed a RW.

Lisandro is at LB because he's small and Fergie thought those guys were fullbacks or midfielders, but also clearly one of our 2-3 best players, probably even if he's at LB or DM. And like O'Shea he'd probably play in all 3 spots.

TLDR: Fergie was pragmatic and also would think Lisandro was an LB and tell him to work on his crossing, or think Lisandro was a DM and play Maguire-Varane at CB with Shaw at LB.

Crashoutcassius

We need to be better coached first and foremost. We have played all kinds of personnel ths season and looked bad 100pc of the time.
Eth does need a Sancho replacement and a striker though. We have no options in either position. Antony is incredibly our best right wing choice despite being completely ineffective going forward.
Onana is going to cost us a lot of point this season, but I don't think a Jan replacement is the answer.
I think we are play across the back and in centre mid, especially with Shaw back and mainoo coming through

jesperjaap

Most summers get ridiculed for sayin gwe need 8-10 signings and 15+ out as it isnt fm or possible in a window. Seems tide is trning and people quoting Ragnicks comments a lot at the moment, fed p of these players thorwing managers under the bus, even though many turning on the manager.

Read something on twitter of what the top players are earning at United....top 7/8 were about £125m in wages over a year. That is madness and I think most fans wold only actally want one or two of those players to remain.

May be hard to sell players but we save over £100m next season even managing to sell these players for nothing. Yes we have to pay new players salaries but our top wages are ludicrous. With new ownership and a transfer kitty, a genine cull of thes bluffers we really shold be able to raise a huge amount for a net spend of wages/transfers + transfer kitty....and we dont succeed for me unless we do.

Bayindir
Lindelof
Maguire
Varane
Dalot
Williams
Mount
Fernandes
Eriksen
CAsemiro
VDB
McTominay
Martial
Rashford
Antony
Sancho
Greenwood

We shold be looking to move on the makproty of these players, several of which have been here 4/5years+ and are on big wages. Some are good players bt there is inconistency and attitudes amongst them.

We should be building the team arond a few players and what we really need to buy:

GK - A young top talent. Vicario, look at his price and what he has done so far at Spurs, Verbruggen also at Brighton. We should be lookig at a signing like this to push Onana who for me was always an average keeper with great feet, poor buy bt too early to sell

Possible: Yahon Diouff

RB: I have always been a fan of Bissaka thogh he isnt perfect and has had bad spells....he ist awfl going forward....but we need a second option, a attacking rb, was always advocating Livaramento and Gusto, both have moved. TBH not really seen Frimpong but I quite like Anderson....an attacking RB as a different option is what we need, DAlot isnt the right one to compete with Bissaka and personal opinion I dont rate him either.

Possible: Anderson

CB: I wold like us to sign two, one def rcb the other maybe the same or able to play both there and lcb. I think Shaw is a very good cb which is why I wold sign a LB too

Possible; Diomonde / Tapsoba

LB: A youngster to compete with Malacia is Alvaro Fernandez isnt the answer

Possible: Valentin Barco

DM: We have seen what a quality DM adds to or side with Casemiro last season....bt he was expensive and 30 was always going declien in a season or two....alarmin git seems to already be happening

Possible: Actually no idea

CM : A proper box o box midfielder

Possible: Khephren Thuram

AM: Ferandes has been good the last few games and is obviosly a big talent, but beying those first 6months he hasnt personally convince me as a star player with his inconsistencies within a game and though he works so hard, his rolling around and moaning....isnt good leadership for me

Possible: Wirtz

LW/RW - Garnacho looks a big talent but he hasnt proved yet he is the talent ready to sart week in week out.....none of the other players have convinced for me.

Possible: Again not really and concrete names to put forward

CF: I like and really rate Hojlund even though it isnt qite happening yet, he needs back up and rahter than an experienced player I wold like another yong one:

Possible: Marcus Leonardo / Gift Oban

Onana / Diouff
Anderson / Bissaka
Diomonde / Tapsoba
MArtinez / Shaw
Barco / Malacia
DM SIgning / Gore
Mainoo / Hannibal
Wirtz / Isak Hansen
Garnacho / LW SIgning
RW Signing / Amad / Pellestri
Holnd / Leonardo

Probably looking at arond £400m which is a lot of money but the sales, a kitty and the difference in salaries with these new players....its isnt as far fetched as looks, bt either way a huge rebuild is needed, it has been for years yet several are still here and other are already adding to potential deadwood that hav ecome qite recently

The Irish Connection

Right winger is essential. Bowen would be good if he didn’t cost a bomb. Pacey, strong and scores goals. Nico Williams maybe...
A centre forward to push Hojlund, an excellent all round midfielder and a centre back to replace Varane.
Hope the new recruitment team can get it right.
But our build up tactics passing through midfield are way below the right standard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
See Bayern close to signing Bryan Zaragoza. We'll see how he turns out, but given their track record with wingers I wouldn't be surprised if he's another low cost gem, will be 23 when he joins them I think? And a proper winger type. Which is what we need on both sides. Left wing we have Garnacho coming in, but we need proper winger types on both wings, creative players who like running at defenders with the ball and it doesn't matter all that much which flank they are on, the job is mostly the same. Vary it up going wide or cutting in, but hold width and carry the ball with pace.

The Irish Connection

Just looked at Angel Gome‘ stats. He ranks high on shot and goal creating action and through balls. And his pass completion is 88%.
Could he be someone similar to Odegaard for us?
Of course, Mount is probably occupying that space in the squad.

daba

Most summers get ridiculed for sayin gwe need 8-10 signings and 15+ out as it isnt fm or possible in a window. Seems tide is trning and people quoting Ragnicks comments a lot at the moment, fed p of these players thorwing managers under the bus, even though many turning on the manager.

Read something on twitter of what the top players are earning at United....top 7/8 were about £125m in wages over a year. That is madness and I think most fans wold only actally want one or two of those players to remain.

May be hard to sell players but we save over £100m next season even managing to sell these players for nothing. Yes we have to pay new players salaries but our top wages are ludicrous. With new ownership and a transfer kitty, a genine cull of thes bluffers we really shold be able to raise a huge amount for a net spend of wages/transfers + transfer kitty....and we dont succeed for me unless we do.

Bayindir
Lindelof
Maguire
Varane
Dalot
Williams
Mount
Fernandes
Eriksen
CAsemiro
VDB
McTominay
Martial
Rashford
Antony
Sancho
Greenwood

We shold be looking to move on the makproty of these players, several of which have been here 4/5years+ and are on big wages. Some are good players bt there is inconistency and attitudes amongst them.

We should be building the team arond a few players and what we really need to buy:

GK - A young top talent. Vicario, look at his price and what he has done so far at Spurs, Verbruggen also at Brighton. We should be lookig at a signing like this to push Onana who for me was always an average keeper with great feet, poor buy bt too early to sell

Possible: Yahon Diouff

RB: I have always been a fan of Bissaka thogh he isnt perfect and has had bad spells....he ist awfl going forward....but we need a second option, a attacking rb, was always advocating Livaramento and Gusto, both have moved. TBH not really seen Frimpong but I quite like Anderson....an attacking RB as a different option is what we need, DAlot isnt the right one to compete with Bissaka and personal opinion I dont rate him either.

Possible: Anderson

CB: I wold like us to sign two, one def rcb the other maybe the same or able to play both there and lcb. I think Shaw is a very good cb which is why I wold sign a LB too

Possible; Diomonde / Tapsoba

LB: A youngster to compete with Malacia is Alvaro Fernandez isnt the answer

Possible: Valentin Barco

DM: We have seen what a quality DM adds to or side with Casemiro last season....bt he was expensive and 30 was always going declien in a season or two....alarmin git seems to already be happening

Possible: Actually no idea

CM : A proper box o box midfielder

Possible: Khephren Thuram

AM: Ferandes has been good the last few games and is obviosly a big talent, but beying those first 6months he hasnt personally convince me as a star player with his inconsistencies within a game and though he works so hard, his rolling around and moaning....isnt good leadership for me

Possible: Wirtz

LW/RW - Garnacho looks a big talent but he hasnt proved yet he is the talent ready to sart week in week out.....none of the other players have convinced for me.

Possible: Again not really and concrete names to put forward

CF: I like and really rate Hojlund even though it isnt qite happening yet, he needs back up and rahter than an experienced player I wold like another yong one:

Possible: Marcus Leonardo / Gift Oban

Onana / Diouff
Anderson / Bissaka
Diomonde / Tapsoba
MArtinez / Shaw
Barco / Malacia
DM SIgning / Gore
Mainoo / Hannibal
Wirtz / Isak Hansen
Garnacho / LW SIgning
RW Signing / Amad / Pellestri
Holnd / Leonardo

Probably looking at arond £400m which is a lot of money but the sales, a kitty and the difference in salaries with these new players....its isnt as far fetched as looks, bt either way a huge rebuild is needed, it has been for years yet several are still here and other are already adding to potential deadwood that hav ecome qite recently

GK - what's funny is that we literally had a very good young homegrown keeper waiting in the wings in Matej Kovar who we could have kept around as a cup keeper and competition for Onana. Instead we sold him for peanuts to Leverkusen to literally be their cup keeper. Right now though I don't think this is an area we need to work on, yes Onana has made some damaging mistakes, but unless Saudi come knocking to to give us our money back on him I think we should stick with him, he's a better keeper than he has shown so far.

RB - agreed we desperately need a RB who can add some attacking support and threat on our right hand side. Frimpong would be my bet as he almost acts like a winger and the way we build up now with 3 CBs he can have licence to really get forward. He's also homegrown which helps with squad planning. Not seen much of Vanderson (I assume that is who you mean by Anderson) but I've heard decent things, so if Frimpong isn't available or Arsenal snap him up before us then we'll need to look at others.

CB - We probably need two like you said if we get rid of two of Varane, Lindelof and Maguire in the next two windows. I like what I see from Todibo, has all the attributes and doesn't cost the earth like some others linked like Antonio Silva and Diomande. Given we need two players here, unless we are absolutely convinced by one of those guys or someone like Scalvini as being the next Ramos, Chiellini, Thiago Silva, then I think Todibo at £40m is a better value buy. If wee ship two out of the three current CBs mentioned we should go after an LCB, players like Medina (who looks like a Martinez regen), Arthur Theate or Branthwaite could be good options in that £30m and £50m range.

LB - I don't think this is a priority unless Malacia becomes a constant crock. Shaw is great so unless there is a serious talent out there that we can't afford to miss out on then, I think we can save making any moves heere for thee timebeeing. That said, Barco is meant to have very high potential but I don't think we really stand a chancee with City, Barca and Real all linked.

DM - Personally I hope we keep Casemiro around another season afteer this. He's a great character and if Ten Hag can adapt our system to suit him better, then we have on eof the best in his position in the world. Assuming we keep hold of Casemiro I would go for a young talent like Wieffer at Feyenoord or Gourna-Douath at Salzburg who can intechange with Casemiro for a year before he heads to Saudi.

CM - We need to find our Modric, our Odegaard, our Bernardo Silva. Joao Neves is interesting, but if we have Mainoo and our DM signing as suggested above is another youngster, I'd go for someone more experienced given Neves is likely to cost £80-100m. My solution would be to go all out and get Nicolo Barella from Inter, who has that perfect balance of workrate, aggression, defensive contribution and progressive ball carrying, progressive passing and some goal contributions here and there. He's about to turn 27, but if we can get 5 prime years out of him that would be good value and I just think he could bee the perfect partner for Mainoo moving forward. The challenge is prising him away from Inter, but I reckon £70-75m might be enough to get Inter interested.

AM - I don't think wee need to touch this area for the time being. We have Bruno, Mount as well as potentially Amad and Mainoo who can fill in here. I would wait for a couple of years to see what new talent comes along. In terms of English talent I'd like to see if Alex Scott at Bournemouth can overcome his unfortunate injury issues and fulfil his potential.

CF - Tough market at the moment. If we can ship out Martial in jan I would go and get Guirassy, it might be a purple patch, but he's cheap as anything at £15m, won't require silly wages and will just take the pressure off Hojlund and give us another option. If we have the funds however, I wouldn't be against keeping Martial until the end of the season and snapping up Gimenez from Feyenoord to give Hojlund some proper competition up there, but he'll probs cost £50m.

Looking at around £250m-ish or 300m-ish if we go for Gimenez as the new CF. Not that unrealistic over two windows given our previous spending capabilities, potential funds and wage bill reductions from outgoings (eg. Martial, Sancho, Varane or Maguire), and the fact we should have a new part-owner who as I understand can have a licence to pump transfer funds in.