What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Mylock

How is he technically limited?
How long do you have?
Poor off his line, Slow to get down to save shots, not a good shot stopper, not as good as he's made out to be with his feet, very slow with his distribution. Major mistake buying him, waste of money.

Rojofiam

How long do you have?
Poor off his line, Slow to get down to save shots, not a good shot stopper, not as good as he's made out to be with his feet, very slow with his distribution. Major mistake buying him, waste of money.
He's had some huge howlers, that's for sure, and that cannot continue with this kind of regularity, but he's one of the best ball-playing keepers around, and there's nothing wrong with his distribution. He needs to get his shit together soon, but he's great with his feet and at distribution, 0 doubts about that.

Suedesi

We need cover/replacement for Bruno, as our offense and chance creation is frankly pretty garbage. Someone in the vein of Dani Olmo would fit in quite nicely

Mylock

He's had some huge howlers, that's for sure, and that cannot continue with this kind of regularity, but he's one of the best ball-playing keepers around, and there's nothing wrong with his distribution. He needs to get his shit together soon, but he's great with his feet and at distribution, 0 doubts about that.
Unfortunately we need a goalkeeper who is capable of using his hands to make saves, I have a major problem with his distribution as he's too slow getting it to the rest of the team. Get rid.

Todd

We need cover/replacement for Bruno, as our offense and chance creation is frankly pretty garbage. Someone in the vein of Dani Olmo would fit in quite nicely
We have needs in so many areas that we can't really afford to be buying an extra player to cover for Bruno when we just overpaid for Mason Mount, whose best role IS covering for Bruno.

daba

We spent £55m on Bruno cover last window in Mount. No chance we buy another AM in that mould without one then going, which doesn’t look like happening this summer.

We need to invest in a new 6 and a new box-to-box/8 first. Hopefully McT goes this summer to open up a space and create some budget.

Suedesi

Mount was not an ideal substitute for Bruno; I don't know what Mount purchase was. If we were seeking a cover or replacement for Bruno, Maddison would have been a better player to target.

aeh1991

Looks like Sacha Boey will join Bayern. He was a player I wanted for the RB spot if Frimpong moves elsewhere..

The Irish Connection

I’m cautiously optimistic about the coming summer.
Any director of football worth his salt will recognize that we need at least 5 quality additions, ideally 6 or 7.
RW, two midfielders, RB and CB.
Ideally a new keeper and a back up striker too.
You could easily be talking 300m.
Normally we can afford to spend 100-150m off our own steam, but you’d hope that INEOS’ involvement plus sales could allow us to get what’s needed.

Id really like us to go for Joao Neves, but he would cost 100m.

Lemon Moon

The obvious is a creative wide player. Creative in terms of supplying the CF.

Who that could be is another question? ...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s insane how bad we are right now in terms of our 11/squad. Regardless of the manager if you just look at the squad in Itself, we have got like 1 quality CB, 1LB and 1RB. We have no quality midfielders apart from Mainoo and have like 2-3 attackers. Rest of the squad is just trash. I don’t even know how you can build on this

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rashfords on and off form and mood and work rate, given his wages... He's just not worth it ultimately IMO. He's not good enough at what he does well to counter how little he does defensively on the pitch, and the mood swings. To add to that... Is he somebody who balances a front 3 of Hojlund and Garnacho to a high level? Not sure about that. Garnacho for me is better on the right anyway, but we can upgrade on Rashford, just as long as we can actually get a fair value for him (60m or so). That contract will be hard to deal with but I can see PSG being open to him replacing Mbappe.

So from a squad building perspective, we have to see from our group, who is the right profile and who is at the right wage to be either a starter or a depth player. I'd look to get rid of all our attackers apart from Garnacho, Hojlund and Amad. In midfield, I'd get rid of all the guys apart from Mainoo, Bruno and Casemiro. Maybe Eriksen as a backup deep playmaker for now, but probably replace. I don't think the others are the right profile for what their likely role is. From defence, I'd keep Shaw, Malacia, Martinez, Kambwala, Lindelof, Dalot and then possibly Wan Bissaka (depending on sale potential, but maybe I'd assume we can sell for more than we replace him with). I'd keep goalkeeper as is for now.

So that gives a squad of:
GK - Onana, Altay, Heaton
RB - Dalot, ???
RCB - ???, Lindelof, Kambwala
LCB - Martinez, ???
LB - Shaw, Malacia
DM - Casemiro, ???
DM (playmaker) - Mainoo, Eriksen
RW - Garnacho, Amad
CAM - Bruno, ???
LW - ???, ???
CF - Hojlund, ???

So to fill those spots with signings... I'd go:
RB - Dedić. High potential, very good on the ball, fast, wouldn't be too expensive
RCB - Todibo. Starting caliber, good age, quality on the ball and good fitness.
LCB - Pavlovic - haven't watched him, but based on FM and being left footed...
DM - Andre (defensive ball winner who is good on the ball)
DM (DLP) - Garner, should never have sold him.
CAM - nobody, Bruno doesn't need resting and others can fill in. Give chances to young guys like Shoretire or Hansen-Aaroen or rotate Eriksen in there.
Winger #1 - Nico Williams - can play either wing and rotate with Garnacho, a great direct runner with the ball, elite potential.
Winger #2 - Someone like Pedro Neto. Left footed, direct winger. Olise depends on cost. But this one is probably a long term rotation guy.
CF - Taremi - no brainer, would be on a free. Probably going to Inter though.

That gives a starting 11 and 2nd 11 of:

Onana
Dalot Todibo Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Williams
Hojlund

Altay
Dedić Lindelof Pavlović Malacia
Andre Garner
Amad Eriksen Neto/Olise
Taremi​

It's a lot of work, but it's definitely doable and not overly expensive options. It resets the age of the squad, it cleans up the wages, it gives good depth in every position where you have competition now and going forward and cover for every player, while also a fair split up to make sure every player gets the games they'd expect. Also builds in a transition plan for someone like Casemiro.

aeh1991

Rashfords on and off form and mood and work rate, given his wages... He's just not worth it ultimately IMO. He's not good enough at what he does well to counter how little he does defensively on the pitch, and the mood swings. To add to that... Is he somebody who balances a front 3 of Hojlund and Garnacho to a high level? Not sure about that. Garnacho for me is better on the right anyway, but we can upgrade on Rashford, just as long as we can actually get a fair value for him (60m or so). That contract will be hard to deal with but I can see PSG being open to him replacing Mbappe.

So from a squad building perspective, we have to see from our group, who is the right profile and who is at the right wage to be either a starter or a depth player. I'd look to get rid of all our attackers apart from Garnacho, Hojlund and Amad. In midfield, I'd get rid of all the guys apart from Mainoo, Bruno and Casemiro. Maybe Eriksen as a backup deep playmaker for now, but probably replace. I don't think the others are the right profile for what their likely role is. From defence, I'd keep Shaw, Malacia, Martinez, Kambwala, Lindelof, Dalot and then possibly Wan Bissaka (depending on sale potential, but maybe I'd assume we can sell for more than we replace him with). I'd keep goalkeeper as is for now.

RB - Dalot, ???
LCB - Martinez, ???
LB - Shaw, Malacia
DM - Casemiro, ???
RW - Garnacho, Amad
CAM - Bruno, ???
LW - ???, ???
CF - Hojlund, ???

RB - Dedić. High potential, very good on the ball, fast, wouldn't be too expensive
CAM - nobody, Bruno doesn't need resting and others can fill in. Give chances to young guys like Shoretire or Hansen-Aaroen or rotate Eriksen in there.
Winger #1 - Nico Williams - can play either wing and rotate with Garnacho, a great direct runner with the ball, elite potential.
Winger #2 - Someone like Pedro Neto. Left footed, direct winger. Olise depends on cost. But this one is probably a long term rotation guy.

Onana
Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Williams
Hojlund

Altay
Andre Garner
Amad Eriksen Neto/Olise
Taremi​

It's a lot of work, but it's definitely doable and not overly expensive options. It resets the age of the squad, it cleans up the wages, it gives good depth in every position where you have competition now and going forward and cover for every player, while also a fair split up to make sure every player gets the games they'd expect. Also builds in a transition plan for someone like Casemiro.
Looks like a midtable team. And absolutely no upgrades at all, aside from the wingers. We gotta have better fullbacks, CF and CMs. We can do better than that.

userman

RB - Dalot, ???
LCB - Martinez, ???
LB - Shaw, Malacia
DM - Casemiro, ???
RW - Garnacho, Amad
CAM - Bruno, ???
LW - ???, ???
CF - Hojlund, ???

Onana
Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Williams
Hojlund

Altay
Andre Garner
Amad Eriksen Neto/Olise
Taremi​

I think you've forgotten the need for Homegrown players here. From your proposed squad we'd only have 6 HG players in Heaton, Shaw, Garner, Olise + Mainoo and Garnacho that we wouldn't have to register if we meet the HG-quota.

Based on that I would say it's highly unlikely/not happening that we sell all of Maguire, McT, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Mount, Evans, Sancho and Greenwood. Even though we should.

EDIT: I'd say for the HG-quota lets keep/buy;
- Heaton (3rd GK)
- Maguire (backup RCB)
- Mount (Brunos backup)
- Rashford (LW rotational option)
- one of WIll Fish/Kambwala promoted as the 5th CB
- one of McT/Mejbri (squad option)
- buy Jarrad Branthwaite (LCB)
- buy Olise

Have Mainoo and Garnacho as youth players that we don't have to register, so that we can register a full 25 man squad + youth.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think you've forgotten the need for Homegrown players here. From your proposed squad we'd only have 6 HG players in Heaton, Shaw, Garner, Olise + Mainoo and Garnacho that we wouldn't have to register if we meet the HG-quota.

Based on that I would say it's highly unlikely/not happening that we sell all of Maguire, McT, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Mount, Evans, Sancho and Greenwood. Even though we should.

- Heaton (3rd GK)
- Maguire (backup RCB)
- Mount (Brunos backup)
- buy Olise

Have Mainoo and Garnacho as youth players that we don't have to register, so that we can register a full 25 man squad + youth.
Good point; HG is a thing we all easily forget but we have requirements to meet there too

bosnian_red

Looks like a midtable team. And absolutely no upgrades at all, aside from the wingers. We gotta have better fullbacks, CF and CMs. We can do better than that.
We aren't going to get a title team at once. It's a good team and squad, it's a balanced squad that suits each other, and a good spread of younger players. We committed to spending so much on Hojlund who does have big potential, and Mainoo and Garnacho have huge potential so basically, the right decision is to go younger and build around a core group like them and develop the group together. Absolute nonsense to say it's a midtable team and not an upgrade. It's an upgrade by having players who stay fit. It's an upgrade by being more physically suited to this league. It's an upgrade by having much more dynamic wingers, and most of all, it's an upgrade because we won't have ten hag after this season so hopefully we bring in the right manager.

Given our financial situation, we aren't capable of having a massive summer. The next few windows have to be smart with a long term view. This is a suggestion on how to fix our wage bill, fix our net spend a bit and have a slow growth to the team. It's definitely good enough to be a CL side, and then as they develop you have 4 players with elite potential and others with very good potential to surpass what we have now with Dedic at right back and Todibo at RCB.

If you think we can buy a handful of top players and jump to being title challengers, then you are very much mistaken and it is 100% the wrong way to go about the rebuild that needs to happen.

bosnian_red

- Heaton (3rd GK)
- Maguire (backup RCB)
- Mount (Brunos backup)
- buy Olise

Eh it would be fine, we've got 6 players there who would fill the homegrown quota like you said, I think Amad will count as it as well (not fully sure on that). Kambwala can be registered, and another random guy who is homegrown to give a squad of 25 with 8 or 9 homegrown players. So it's not much of a concern.

Ultimately it's unlikely that we get rid of Rashford or Mount anyway, at least not yet. We could easily sell Altay and get another homegrown keeper.

Woziak

Assuming we actually appoint Paul Mitchell as head of recruitment and a top DOF as well like Dan Ashworth I have a feeling that some of the work on recruitment will have been done already.

Murtourgh list will be ripped up and I can see Sir David Brailsford having already set a meeting at the end of February with Omar Berrada(Gardening Leave), Paul Mitchell, Dan Ashworth if he joins to discuss this very topic. That in itself poses huge issues as all 3 will have different ideas. The one thing they will all agree on is a new manager and with Liverpool, Barcelona and possibly Arsenal also needing a new coach I can see Roberto De Zerbie being their number one choice before Other teams pounce. This may even be announced April/May 24. There are other candidates but with less resources he’s beat ETH 3 out of 4 times they’ve played and the Fa Cup was really a draw.

I can see Berrada, Mitchell(providing he joins) and Ashworth(providing he joins) making him number one choice.
The recruitment will be different this summer. Add the investment from Sir Jim and you can spend another £100m on top of your budget which I believe due to a limited Cashflow, might only be £100m, so £200m in total.

Therefore player sales, especially academy players are essential if the club is to spend the £300m being published in the press. Whomever the new manager may be, he will have a say but mostly the recruitment will be done by Omar, New DOF and Head of Recruitment. This is why I see a strategy like this ;

Academy Player Sales Most likely ;
Hanibal Mejbri - £17m
A Fernandez - £6m
M Greenwood - £40-50m
F Pellistri - £17m

(All will have sell on and buy back clauses)

Academy Players less likely but possible;
M Rashford - £90m (PSG will want to replace Mbappe and they are stupid enough to pay £80-100m)
S Mctominay - £30m
(One of these two will be sold)

Squad players who are on to much money or are not fit to play for United ;

Antony - £26m
DVB - £9m
Casemiro - £25m
R Varane - Nil
A Martial - Nil
(All 5 will be gone)
S Amrabat - Returned
(All of these are going)

Squad Players who may be sold if a decent offer comes in;

AWB - £30m
A Onana - £35m
Amad Diallo - £30m
C Eriksen - £10m
V Lindelof - £20m
T Malacia - £15m

Only one or two of these will be sold, we should see Rashford escape yet again but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was sold. My guess is the new coach will want to keep him, they always do and we’ll sell £100m of players from our academy which will represent huge net profit and allow the club to spend £300-325m this summer all within the FSP constraints.

Outs (13)
Greenwood, Hanibal, Pellistri, Fernandez, McTominay, Antony, Casemiro, Varane, Amrabat, DVB, Martial, Malacia, Lindelof

To get this many players out and try and generate £150-170m will be nye on impossible but that’s what needs to happen and providing the DOF and Head of recruitment are in before end of February it’s possible. Most of the cash generated from the sales will be amortised payments offsetting the current £365m we owe but on an FSP basis the club will be able to spend and maybe Sir Jim will want to go big so put more cash in for additional shares, it’s right out of his playbook maybe in the January window 2025.

The Squad will now look woefully short ;
Goalkeeper - Onana, Bayinder, Heaton

Defenders - AWB, Dalot, H Maguire, W Kwmbala , L Shaw, L Martinez, J Evans (whose been offered a new 1 year already)
Club needs 2 defenders ; J Frimpong(40m) J C Tobido(40m) , I think Harry Amass will also be introduced to help Luke shaw but Dalot is fine on either flank.

Midfield - Mount, Bruno, Eriksen, K Mainoo,
Lacks a true CDM, lacks a creative young 8, lacks a physical BTB midfielder but money is tight.
We should go get - J Paulinho(50m), Federico Redondo(15m) and Ross Barkley (Free) as he has to agree to stay at Luton and they will probably go down. Huge upgrade In the most important part of team, Redondo looks like a chip off his old man and by buying Barkley we give the kid time to settle.

Attack - Rashford, Sancho (yes I think he’ll return), Garnaucho, Amad Dialo, R Hojlund
There is a serious argument for selling both Sancho and Rashford but due to homegrown rule and a new manager having too much to integrate in his first season, they will be given a reprieve.

We need a true number 9, a goal scorer who is experienced, ideally osimhen but he’s too expensive, I think the club should go get Santiago Gimrnez whose only a few years older than Hojlund and can be done for £40m or Dominic Solanki for £50m he’s 26 mature and creative as can play the 10 too. We also need a left footed right winger and Olise fits the bill even at £60m.

My Transfers incomming would be ;
J Frimpong(40m), J C Todibo(40m), J Paulinho(50m), F Redondo(15m),
R Berkley(Free), D Solanki (50m) M Olise(60m) - Total Spend of £250m plus all 3 players qualify for Homegrown rule.

And £75-100m left for the winter window where United might need to go after another Goalkeeper or specialist left back like T Hernandez , or they decide to sell Sancho or Rashford and replace one with another elite attacker like Minomoto.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can you someone remind me how much the club is likely to be able to spend this summer, in respect of the FFP restrictions?

MegadrivePerson

Academy Player Sales Most likely ;
Hanibal Mejbri - £17m
A Fernandez - £6m
M Greenwood - £40-50m
F Pellistri - £17m

(All will have sell on and buy back clauses)
These transfer fee's are pure fantasy!

Hannibal Mejbri has a year left on his contract. He will go for about£5 million maximum.
Nobody is paying £40 to 50m for Greenwood! He's persona non grata in England, he won't be on Madrids's radar and Barcelona are skint!
A more realistic figure would be £20 to £25 million. He's on a big wage with a year left on his contract.

Pellestri hasn't shown anything to warrant a £17m fee either. You're looking at £10m maximum.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It doesnt matter who you bring in as long as the manager isnt up to it. You could have best, maradonna, pele, beckenbauer, charlton etc - if the manager isnt up to it, they will be poor.

So one poster has us signing about ten players - if the manager isnt good enough, those ten players wont be good enough and sure enough this time next year, that same poster will be suggesting another ten players to make things good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Who we get rid of is basically just as important this summer, what with FFP. We could probably move on the following:

Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Van De Beek, Casemiro, Maguire, McTominay, Antony…

There’s a lot of wages off the books there, and 200m+ in fees as a conservative guess.

Laurencio

It depends on who is sold. Unlikely to be another big summer though with no Champions League football.
As I understand it the infrastructure investments coupled with investment that covers the allowable £90M loss would essentially wipe our FFP clean and put us in a position where we could spend up to 80% of revenue on fees and wages. From projections, 80% would be between £508M and £530M.

Our current wage budget is £380M, but we will be getting rid of Martial at the very least - so if no one else leaves, we're looking at £370M wage budget. That leaves between £138M and £160M this season in expenses and wages for new players. Let's assume that we primarily sign £50M players on £200k - that's £100M total which amortised over a five year contract comes down to £20M a season. So we can afford between 6 to 8 £50M players. Unamortised that's between £300M - £500M as a "budget", minus the £126M in current amortisation per season. So effectively a "budget" of between £174M and £374M.

The numbers become a lot nicer if we sell Rashford, Varane, Casemiro, Sancho and Donny. Then we're looking at £85M being slashed from the wages, and a decent chunk of the amortisation on fees disappearing. Which means we could, within the constraints of financial rules, have a "budget" of between £500M and £560M.

It wouldn't be very sensible to bloat our squad like that, or spend that much on players and wages, but we could.

Last edited:

daba

Who we get rid of is basically just as important this summer, what with FFP. We could probably move on the following:

Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Van De Beek, Casemiro, Maguire, McTominay, Antony…

There’s a lot of wages off the books there, and 200m+ in fees as a conservative guess.
Feels like we’ve been wanting this sort of clear out for years and with INEOS coming in, the team underperforming, standards and dressing room culture at an all time low - essentially the club needs a reset and to send a message to the players and staff that things are changing.

I think all the players should leave apart from Rashford, which I would be happy with and would give us a decent budget for the summer. Hopefully we move early with the outgoings so we know roughly what we are working with as early as possible.

Woziak

Hannibal Mejbri has a year left on his contract. He will go for about£5 million maximum.
Nobody is paying £40 to 50m for Greenwood! He's persona non grata in England, he won't be on Madrids's radar and Barcelona are skint!
A more realistic figure would be £20 to £25 million. He's on a big wage with a year left on his contract.

Pellestri hasn't shown anything to warrant a £17m fee either. You're looking at £10m maximum.
If you think they are fantasy watch Steve howson’s recent video where he thinks we’ll get £60-70m for Greenwood and the Hannibal deal is already agreed loan with an obligation to buy. When you have Athletico, Real, Barcelona, Juventus and Ac Milan all wanting Greenwood you will most definitely get £40m especially as the club as an option to extend which they will definitely activate! For the record Greenwood is on £75k per week and United have agreed a 20% sell on with Getafe so he’s definitely going for at least £40m.

https://www.90min.com/posts/hannibal-mejbri-transfer-details-of-man-utd-buy-back-clause

Now keep up with the news please, Ineos put a £35m buy back in the loan contract !

And Pellistri is a full Uruguayan international, United are not operating under Glazer or Murtough ineptness any more ?

Woziak

You do know that Hanibal loan with an obligation to buy
Was agreed already yes ?
So before triggering such alarmist rhetoric, check the actual club news it will help you in the future from looking like someone who just doesn’t keep up with the clubs transfers!

For the record Hanibal has 18 months left on his contract and So does Greenwood however, United have an option of one extended year on Greenwood, which they will definitely activate to maximise his sell on value. He’s playing well in Spain and will go for at least £40m with 2 years left on his contract, irrespective of what we as fans think of him, this is a purely business decision and you don’t get be worth £30 billion like Sir Jim for not maximising sales opportunities. Stop thinking that Glazer/Woodward/Arnold and Murtough are still running the show because they’re not!

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/mason-greenwood-signs-new-long-term-contract-until-2025

userman

Was agreed already yes ?
So before triggering such alarmist rhetoric, check the actual club news it will help you in the future from looking like someone who just doesn’t keep up with the clubs transfers!

For the record Hanibal has 18 months left on his contract and So does Greenwood however, United have an option of one extended year on Greenwood, which they will definitely activate to maximise his sell on value. He’s playing well in Spain and will go for at least £40m with 2 years left on his contract, irrespective of what we as fans think of him, this is a purely business decision and you don’t get be worth £30 billion like Sir Jim for not maximising sales opportunities. Stop thinking that Glazer/Woodward/Arnold and Murtough are still running the show because they’re not!

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/mason-greenwood-signs-new-long-term-contract-until-2025
Re. Hannibal; it's an option not an obligation to buy..

Remember the geese

Was agreed already yes ?
Bit awkward but it's just an option.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Was agreed already yes ?

Also their maximum transfer ever was around £30m for Kounde, don't see them paying £40m for Hannibal and was largely the reason we inserted it I would guess.

Woziak

As I understand it the infrastructure investments coupled with investment that covers the allowable £90M loss would essentially wipe our FFP clean and put us in a position where we could spend up to 80% of revenue on fees and wages. From projections, 80% would be between £508M and £530M.

Our current wage budget is £380M, but we will be getting rid of Martial at the very least - so if no one else leaves, we're looking at £370M wage budget. That leaves between £138M and £160M this season in expenses and wages for new players. Let's assume that we primarily sign £50M players on £200k - that's £100M total which amortised over a five year contract comes down to £20M a season. So we can afford between 6 to 8 £50M players. Unamortised that's between £300M - £500M as a "budget", minus the £126M in current amortisation per season. So effectively a "budget" of between £174M and £374M.

The numbers become a lot nicer if we sell Rashford, Varane, Casemiro, Sancho and Donny. Then we're looking at £85M being slashed from the wages, and a decent chunk of the amortisation on fees disappearing. Which means we could, within the constraints of financial rules, have a "budget" of between £500M and £560M.

It wouldn't be very sensible to bloat our squad like that, or spend that much on players and wages, but we could.
You’re on the right track with spending 80% let’s assume £520m is 80% of £650m as it’s from January 1st 2024 to December 31st 2024 is the new revenue measurement stick. Wages will not be £380m as huge wages like De Gea’s wages will not be included as well as others who are being forced to leave or have left.

The mistake you make however is current financial transfer debt must be included yearly as well which is currently £364m or about £85m per year. So let’s assume United get their act together and Reduce last years financial year wage cost of £380m to this years calendar year of about £315m (Now you understand why INEOS want to reduce the staff by 40%, restructure and get high earners like Casemiro and Varane off the books.

If you swapped Tobido for Varane and Casemiro for K Thurham, you’d save £25m per year in wages alone. So assume the threshold is £520m then deduct amortise Transfer owed of £85m plus wages of £315m plus any upfront Agent fees now with a FiFA maximum limit of 10%.

If the club spent £300m on transfers then the agent fees could be no more than £30m which have to paid up front to the Agents.

The total would now be £430m - £520m equals 90m which could be amortised over the length of the contracts. The average length of contracts might be 3.5 years rather than 5 years so the club would possibly have a summer budget of about £275-325m, providing Sir Jim’s investment is shown before June 1st.

This budget could be further increased for winter 25 January window by selling academy products like M Greenwood, S Mctominay, A Fernandez for £70m which would all be 100% net profit and in theory allow the club to spend another £250m (3.5 * £70m) in January providing they have the cash to do so.

Realistically two huge transfer windows like this whilst theoretically possible if the right players and decisions are made will never actually happen because of the following;
1 The club does not have the cash
2. They are reaching a limit of actually owed amortised fees of £364m
3. Sir Jim will not invest £400-500m of his own cash for rebuilding a squad unless he has full control
4. Even if they manage to sell £200m of player assets from the squad, incoming revenues for these players would be paid yearly and not in a one off payment.

There is a reason why Spurs are currently spending money this January, because Daniel Levy Frugal policies of the last decade are now paying off.

There revenue has grown 20% in the last 12 months to £530m and they have a wage bill of about £140m maximum. They still owe £252m in amortised transfer fees only second to us but that’s probably £60m per year add this to their wages and you’re still only operating at 40/45% of revenue. That’s why they are so aggressive right now, they are one of a very clubs that have high room to move within the current FSP rules.

Here’s the New FSP rules
https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...gulations-to-replace-ffp-all-you-need-to-know