g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What do we still need? Post Summer 2015 edition.

StonedhamsterZA

It seems we have 2 done, if we can add 3 more it would be a solid window.

Bailly
Ibra
Mkhitaryan
Krychowiak
Azpilecueta

Maybe a young talent like Ounas or Oliver Torres as well.
I would love us to get involved with a player like Oliver Torres. I don't understand why we aren't targeting these type of players. Torres has surely got a decent amount of first team experience playing at Atletico and Porto.

I understand the risk with a player like Tielemans - who I still think we should sign - based on him playing in a slightly lower quality league, but I am always surprised we aren't clamouring for a player like Torres.

Young, talented, looking for gametime...

Reactions: Snowjoe

Fer

It seems we have 2 done, if we can add 3 more it would be a solid window.

Bailly
Ibra
Mkhitaryan
Krychowiak
Azpilecueta

Maybe a young talent like Ounas or Oliver Torres as well.
Unfortunately, it seems that Krychowiak is heading to PSG. But I agree about the other players you mentioned. We are also linked with Gomes, however, I would prefer someone like Kante or Kroos, mainly because I think Pogba will stay or go to Spain.

manichester

Eric Dier break the bank. I dont see any of the Portuguese players who are available being consistant or good enough. Ibra, RW and CB should be enough but difficult to say who is available to fill those positions.

Devil may care

Unfortunately, it seems that Krychowiak is heading to PSG. But I agree about the other players you mentioned. We are also linked with Gomes, however, I would prefer someone like Kante or Kroos, mainly because I think Pogba will stay or go to Spain.
If Rooney is going to be in the midfield I think a DM is essential, someone that will do a lot of leg work and fill in the gaps Rooney leaves, which makes Kante a pretty smart choice even though it would leave us lacking higher in the midfield.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
We can and should do much better than Garay and Gomes.
Also, I think I'd rather see what Darmian can do under Mourinho than have Valencia as first choice

My opinion obviously :lol:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Also, I think I'd rather see what Darmian can do under Mourinho than have Valencia as first choice

Garay was maybe a silly option, but we have been linked to Gomes a lot. Can't really see which midfielder that would improve us and also being available.

space

Ibra
Mkhitaryan
Bailly
------
2 of the following:

Stones, CB
Kante/Pogba/Gomes
Rodriguez
New RB

Fer

Ibra
Mkhitaryan
Bailly
------
2 of the following:

Stones, CB
Kante/Pogba/Gomes
Rodriguez
New RB
This, besides Zlatan, Mkhitaryan and Bailly, I would like to see a winger and a CM. I would sign Draxler and Pogba if they are available, but Ounas and Gomes are more realistic.

Fer

What do we still need? Well, we already signed good players. Bailly, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan are going to improve our 1st eleven.

It seems that we are trying to sign Pogba. It would be awesome if we get him back.

So, we would have a new CB, CM, No.10/RW and striker for the firstime team. If we manage to sign a quality CM, it would be a really good summer.

Riz

Depends on what Jose has in mind formation wise and how he's going to use Mkhi.

If we go 433 then Mkhitaryan will be the first choice RW and we'll probably look at another creative midfielder. If we go 4231 then I'm really not sure who or what we'll be targeting. Rooney in #10? Mkhitaryan in #10, where does that leave our right wing? New #10 all together? New RW? Rashford out wide?

Just sign Pogba and play 433 I say. :devil:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think we still need and will be going for a first choice CB and CM. At least one of our CMs will leave.

kenny19

No! valencia is a much better rightback than Darmian. We need attacking fullbacks and valencia is our best option at that spot. Unless we were bringing somebody new in that position.

podurban2

We need a top midfielder, and have for years. Just break the bank for one and get it done.

Enigma_87

You know who
in order of priority:
CM: First teamer- Pogba, Kroos, Verratti
DM: Kante, Matic
RB: Azpilicueta, Carvajal, or stick Bailly there and buy CB
#10: James or put Micky and buy RW - Mahrez

If we need to mount a serious challenge we need 2 more players covering 2 of the positions mentioned above. Get 3 and we will have a squad ready for the title.

M4nu4Life

in order of priority:
CM: First teamer- Pogba, Kroos, Verratti
DM: Kante, Matic
RB: Azpilicueta, Carvajal, or stick Bailly there and buy CB
#10: James or put Micky and buy RW - Mahrez

If we need to mount a serious challenge we need 2 more players covering 2 of the positions mentioned above. Get 3 and we will have a squad ready for the title.
I am very happy with who we have signed.

Agree the midfield still needs work, ideally you would want Fellaini out and 2 or 3 mids in, 1 starter and 1 or 2 young players especially if Mata leaves.

A defensive mid who can pass would be great. Need to be ready for Carrick to retire next year.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I'm pretty satisfied so far with how Jose has approached the transfer window so far.

He's addressed the areas that needed strengthening, and hopefully we're still in for 1 or 2 more.

I'm thinking a creative midfielder (pogba) is the most urgent position.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We still need a ball-playing centreback, preferably someone with a calm head, our current options lacks technical ability.

Right-back could also need strenghtening. I don't trust either Darmian and Valencia. With Mkhitaryan on the right we need a good attacking fullback.

If we get Pogba, i still think we need a cm to get the right balance. A player like Matuidi would give us the right balance. Pogba and Carrick should start, but not in a 2 man midfield, i can't see it being solid defensively.

Still 4 players short.

Ideally our first XI would look like this:

Martial Zlatan Henrik
XXXX Pogba
Carrick
Shaw XXXXX Smalling XXX
DDG

Bojan11

Three more players.

CB, RB and winger. Get rid of Rojo, Jones, Fellaini and Depay.

Nick.

Wouldn't you ideally want the midfield three to have a deep lying playmaker, a holding midfielder and a box to box? I guess Carrick/Schweinsteiger is the playmaker, Pogba is the box to box but I think we still need a holding mid. Wasn't Schneiderlin more of a box to box himself at Sunderland? I'm thinking he might not be what we need. But I don't know what good holding midfielders are available right now

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think we need an experienced CB more than anything else. Need some composure back there. Smalling is good - but not a leader imho. If we're to progress, we have to sort this out.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
With Pogba soon to be closed, we have done some fantastic business.

That said, we still have a lot of shite to average players on our booKS.

And we still need 2-3 more players.

RB
CB
RW

Mahrez would be great.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think we will get Pogba, but say if we didn't, then wonder who the other two targets are?

Some articles are mentioning Matic, but that doesn't make any sense. The both are completely different types of players.

Matuidi doesn't even make that much sense neither, to be honest. Yes, he drives with the ball, but other than that, he's not really similar. He's more energy than the creative spark we need.

I think the Gomes rumours were correct. He is a player similar to Pogba, but he's now gone to Barcelona.

Wonder if the other player is Barkley? Heavily linked to Chelsea when Mourinho was there. Again, very similar to the aforementioned players.

He's very strong on the ball, has a good passing range, long range shooting, keeps ball under pressure, ball carrier, etc.

Not sure how much he'd cost, but I could definitely see him doing well in the deeper role. He's need a dynamic player next to him, though, because like Pogba, he isn't the hardest of workers.

redNATION

A CB, RB and another CM (defensive), assuming we get Pogba.

Id go Mustafi, Fabinho and probably Matic if he's available. He didnt have the best of seasons last seasons, but i still think he's class and a class above Schneiderlin and could get him for a reasonable price if Conte's plans dont include him. This is obviously being able to fund this using sales of Rojo, Fellaini, Mata, Young.

Next summer will be the time to look at replacing Rooney and Zlatan with a new striker, preferably Greizman.

fellaini's barber

I was very optimistic about this season until that Dortmund game, I know it's pre-season but then it dawned on me that a lot of those players who fluctuated between shit to average still make up a bulk of the first team, and we're only hoping they step up this season. I don't want to spend this season making excuses for Herrera(cos I like him), getting pissed watching people make excuses for Rooney(I don't like him), wondering where Mata goes in some games, wondering WTF happened to the Shneiderlin we watched at Southampton, watching Rojo in amazement at how he ever got here.Jones? He's still here. These are position not covered by our new signings
We need a backup to Shaw whose not Rojo, I find it hard to put much faith in Herrera,Carrick, Schneiderlin or Schweini based on last season, and we're supposedly signing only one midfielder(Pogba). Keeper, defence and strikers look good, I just feel we need more in other areas.

Bojan11

Not convinced about our wide areas. Need another player who can beat a man.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Need another winger imo. Hope a Pogba is not the only midfielder we bring.

Devil may care

Need another winger imo. Hope a Pogba is not the only midfielder we bring.
Lozano is about the only hope for a new wide addition I think, it'll be next summer before we get Pogba's long term CM partner IMO, when Carrick retires.

Mark McMaw

Mkhitaryan is our new right winger, and we have Martial for the other side. Mahrez isn't going to happen (nor should it).
I disagree I've liked the look of Mhki behind the striker not been to impressed with him out wide plus I hate seeing Rooney play no10 would much rather have Mhki there and Mharez on the right can't see it happening however.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think we have what we need already on the right and that's Marcus. we don't play with an out and out RW anymore so as a right forward Rashford is perfect for me. I'd have Mata and Micky competing for the nbr 10 but then there's Rooney???
I would agree if we played a 433. But we play a 4231 system. It's unfair un Rasford to play that far away from goal.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Need a CDM.

LW Martial, RW Rashford if needed, if Mhkitaryan plays RW then Valencia on the overlap can put in crosses.

salford_

Think Pogba will be the last "I want the squad closed by August 14th with one more midfielder"