What do you do when we lose a match?

SirAnderson

Would like to know what others do.
Depending on how important that match is, and who it is against it can vary...

Some of the things I do:
1. I usually try to block it out by watching a series or a movie.
2. Sometimes I mope around and ask the wife to make me feel better :lol:
3. Diving into a game or something (COD or whatever)
4. Avoid certain threads in the Manchester United forum
5. Try not to listen to the pundits post match thoughts, and from the manager and players cause almost always nothing they say makes me feel better. (Sometimes I do though)

At times I wish I was an alcoholic for those moments :lol:

What do you do?

EDIT: I put in our thread because I specifically want to know what our fans do, but don't mind hearing what other fans do so if a mod wants to move it, they can.

el3mel

Rant on RedCafe.

Next day I mostly forget everything but some losses really, really made me hate watching any kind of football for next few days. Today's one seems like one of those.

And the last time I had this feeling was against Seville 2 years ago too. Feck them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Tonight I will probably have a cup of tea, clean a couple of last bits and go to bed.

criticalanalysis

Rant on RedCafe.

Next day I mostly forget everything but some losses really, really made me hate watching any kind of football for next few days. Today's one seems like one of those.

And the last time I had this feeling was against Seville 2 years ago too. Feck them.
This.

RantCafe :(

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Recently, I've actually been discussing the match on the Caf more. Weirdly enough, the fact that the club is on the rise is making me feel less dismayed by bad results like today's.

Other than that, I'd keep myself away from other football matches of the same tournament in the same round. This means that I'll not be watching tomorrow's Europa League semi-final.

Sweet Square

It's a boring answer but I just carry on with the rest of my day.

Too old to really give a shit about losing football matches.

Superunknown

I usually milk it so that my future-wife does things to cheer me up, if y'know what I mean.

kirk buttercup

Get over it . At the end of the day its sport and people have far worse problems than whether their team wins a match or not. Sport is a great escape but at the end if the day as much as I love United Its sport there are winners and Losers .

SirAnderson

Rant on RedCafe.

Now I just feel like we should have rather faced Wolves :(

But yeah, usually after a day or two the feels fade, but still stings thinking about what could have been, then I will get furious again, especially when I will see Inter win it against these lot and Lukaku, Sanchez and Young are partying it up:mad::mad:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It really doesn't bother me anymore unless it's a massive game, maybe. I can happily switch off and forget about it until the next game. The older I've gotten the less I've given a shit. These days I just see supporting Utd as a form of entertainment. People may not like to hear that but I don't really care. Life is too short to get upset over a sport.

ReallyUSA

Talk on here for hot takes, but another forum and reddit for more nuanced and relaxed conversation.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Tonight? Straight to bed reading the shite on here

I tend to take league defeats harder than cup ones so I'm not too arsed about tonight

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Currently rant on here but usually I just do something with the wife/kids. I don't get downbeat about bad results that much anymore. I don't feel anything about tonight.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

feck my girlfriend ideally. If she's not around or not up for it I sulk for a bit.

Tonight I'm sulking :(

Tonight doesn't hurt that bad because it just wasn't our night. Sometimes there's a certain destiny about football and we just weren't meant to get through. On another day we win 6-2. Take it on the chin and move on.

Nick7

Post on here, then go about my day or evening. I get a lot less annoyed about losses these days to be honest.

Ace of Spades

Depends on the game, how important it is and how we played.

If we play some entertaining stuff and give it a go, then I am not that annoyed. Games like today are disappointing, but they don't make me angry.

TrustInOle

Come on the Caf and I'm instantly cheered up knowing I ain't as thin skinned and fickle as some :smirk: Our fan base is really pushing close to Liverpool/ City kinda knee jerking.

Otherwise I pull out my geekiness and watch an episode of Arrow verse! JUDGE ME!

DickDastardly

feck my girlfriend ideally. If she's not around or not up for it I sulk for a bit.

Tonight I'm sulking :(

Tonight doesn't hurt that bad because it just wasn't our night. Sometimes there's a certain destiny about football and we just weren't meant to get through. On another day we win 6-2. Take it on the chin and move on.
Really? Oh i'm not a good sport after we lose. No touching of any kind.

I usually throw the remote on the floor when we concede like tonight. Or the headphones if i'm watching on the computer.

Then i storm in the bedroom and slam the door. Or gently close them in anger if the kids are sleeping.

adamwest

As a few have said already - take it far better than I did even 5 or so years ago. 32 now with a kid and another on the way. After all the shite the world is going through at the moment you really have to put things into perspective. It does hurt, of course, but just crack on - there really should be much more important tasks at hand

Kopral Jono

Usually I'd smoke a well-deserved cigarette or two, which I did just now. In my younger days I'd smash TV remotes into pieces from time to time, especially with ones that hit us hard. Let's just say they weren't my proudest moments.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Irks me for about 5 mins but then I'm over it. I've developed a simple philosophical coping strategy and it works for me every time.

Negative events I just block out by putting them in a bigger context. Nothing of this actually matters. I'll be dead within the next 100 years. We're all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Life becomes so much easier when you're able to put your negative events into perspective.

Superunknown

That'll get old... For her obvs :lol:
We're losing fewer games now, so we haven't hit boredom yet. I would be all shagged out if we were Norwich fans.

Every time we reach a semi-final next season, I know I'll be guaranteed some that night. :lol:
(because we're shite when it comes to semi finals. :()

:lol:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Really? Oh i'm not a good sport after we lose. No touching of any kind.

I usually throw the remote on the floor when we concede like tonight. Or the headphones if i'm watching on the computer.

Then i storm in the bedroom and slam the door. Or gently close them in anger if the kids are sleeping.
Honestly mate it’s a good anger release. Especially after games where I’m genuinely fuming, Arsenal away this season comes to mind.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
European exits have always hurt the most for me (must admit, didn't think an EL exit would sting this much, but it does). In a strange way, games when we get completely outplayed I can take on the chin a bit better, but when we're wasteful like tonight, it hurts even more. I usually avoid all highlights and interviews and actually find reading the threads on here a bit of a comfort as it's nice knowing others are feeling the same way! After a bit more sulking, I head to bed and am usually back to normal by the morning.

Teja

To me the EL is maybe half a level above league cup so whatever - would easily take an FA cup over both for instance. Still a semi final lost which irks a bit especially the way we lost. Mostly rant here a bit for a few mins and get on with life.

Other games like losing in the league against City / Pool put me in a sour mood the whole afternoon, doesn't matter what I do.

TrustInOle

Irks me for about 5 mins but then I'm over it. I've developed a simple philosophical coping strategy and it works for me every time.

Negative events I just block out by putting them in a bigger context. Nothing of this actually matters. I'll be dead within the next 100 years. We're all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Life becomes so much easier when you're able to put your negative events into perspective.
This also! This mindset has helped me more with dealing with mental health than every tablet offered from Doctors!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Open up the Sancho thread and demand we immediately throw all our money at Dortmund. Then go into threads of players I've never seen play and demand we sign them, if we don't sign them I'll proclaim it to be an utter disgrace and blame Woodward and Judge for being incompetent, even though I don't actually know what they do or how good they are at their jobs.

I then systematically pick my way through the player performance threads and unleash my unbridled rage at 9 of the players and reserve praise for 2 of my favourites even if they were among the worst performers. I then go to the Solskjaer thread and demand he does better with a squad of players I've called shit and not good enough all season, and consider the season an abject failure despite it exceeding my initial predicitons.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Move on with my life. Depends on the match and manner of defeat. Like this match where we were the better side and should have won with better finishing there's not much to be mad about. Played out like a cup match and Sevilla have sacrificed a host of virgins to keep their ungodly Europa League form going. Hard to beat that.

SirAnderson

Open up the Sancho thread and demand we immediately throw all our money at Dortmund. Then go into threads of players I've never seen play and demand we sign them, if we don't sign them I'll proclaim it to be an utter disgrace and blame Woodward and Judge for being incompetent, even though I don't actually know what they do or how good they are at their jobs.

I then systematically pick my way through the player performance threads and unleash my unbridled rage at 9 of the players and reserve praise for 2 of my favourites even if they were among the worst performers. I then go to the Solskjaer thread and demand he does better with a squad of players I've called shit and not good enough all season, and consider the season an abject failure despite it exceeding my initial predicitons.
:lol: :lol: Perfect nutcase behavior. Love it. Good to see the people who made "is it safe to go into the united forum" possible. :lol:

Nicolarra90

It depends on the match importance.

On a 1 to 5 scale of anger I'm in 2.

No other loss will hurt as much as the 2011 final vs barca

TRD

I play FIFA in easiest difficulty against the team we lost and smash them for 14-15 goals. It gives little bit of satisfaction.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Get annoyed but quickly get over it.
Try not to come on here straight after any match as there's just too many kneejerk threads, a lot saying the same thing. Also see a lot of posts about the performances creeping their way into random threads about the player.
When I do come on I tend to only read the last few posts of each thread