What do you want from our team?

Andersons Dietician

Appreciate your backing on this and you mention some good points in your post imo. I'm fully behind you regarding counter-atacking. One particular incident from Friday's game highlights what you are saying. It was when Sanchez in the middle of the park finds himself with 2 defenders round him. He fights them off keeping possession and then sweeps a ball over to the right almost perfectly executed and in the path of Mata who takes it in his stride. A great piece of footballing skill from the Chilean which the crowd responds to. It puts us in a great position as we've caught the opposition unawares. Mata, totally free immediately takes the edge off the advantage, slows down the tempo, and opts for a soft floating crossball in the hope that someone is going to get there head on it. By this time the whole fecking Leicester team is in the box so we've no chance. Then everybody's saying Sanchez is shit which as as far from the truth as you can get. Talk about frustrating!
Mata shouldn't even be starting games for us. He wasn't good enough for Mourinho at Chelsea, he's nowhere near the player he was then, after x amount of years with us, so wher's the logic in that?
No problem, just last week or the week before they got a thread shut down that they clearly hadn’t even bothered to read and were posting absolute nonsense. They were just triggered by the title and ruined the thread.

I don’t want to absolve Sanchez of all blame as countless opportunities did break down at him, be it a sloppy pass, control whatever, he was quite dire Friday. However we all know he has quality and can change a game in an instant (pass to Lukaku). I do like Mata, but as for what I think Jose is wanting to achieve yeah I don’t think he suits it, for some reason when we counter he more often than not is either the furthest man forward or playing as an extra fullback, he has passing ability but he doesn’t have the pace to get out and up the field before a team sets. Sanchez at least has that. It’s pretty much a misuse of personal by Jose and for the life of me can’t figure out why Sanchez isn’t on the right and either Martial or Rashford left. Then you have the pace and individual quality along with Pogba and Fred to spring from this deep defence to attack. Mata would probably be very effective in a team that is pressing high and maintaining possession as he can pick out the right pass occasionally but just with the way we play we are starved of runs and bodies upfront in positions to cause damage.

I can probably live with Jose’s deepline defence if he would just do that for a season. It’s still not what I want to see but I can live with it I guess if it’s done well which just isn’t the case.

Don’t know if you saw any of the Liverpool game but Salahs goal, that is something we should easily be capable of week in week out but we never seem to get the players in those positions or with those type of numbers. City scored a similar goal you could say with less numbers but play was spread just because well it’s Arsenal.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Glory hunter! You dont remember Dave Sexton then.
:lol:

You got me!! I had a premonition that some Scottish bloke from Govan would eventually be given the job and take us on an unbelievable ride. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Do you lot ever give it a rest? Jesus, it’s not even really that negative a thread, he’s simply asking what people want from or expect from United. Stop, take a breath, think about the thread for a second, then either answer the question or bit of advice, don’t bother posting your negativity. Just go out of the thread and go to another, it’s not a hard concept.
Oh the irony. Unless you haven't noticed, the only time "us lot" comment is when YET another thread is created whining about the club, about the board, about the manager, about the player etc. Stop making shitty threads to express an opinion that could've just been added to one of the plethora of already existing threads complaining about the same things.

Your brand of negative loathing of the club you apparently support has spread like poison to every corner of the football forum, to the point where some people are getting so tired of it they've actually asking to be banned from it, removing it from view entirely.

The OP starts his thread with "let's leave out the negativity" and then immediately follows it up with negativity. His second paragraph is "It amazes me to hear so many posters on the Caf prepared to accept the type of football we are being presented with," and you are telling me it's not negative?

I'd love to go out of this thread and into another, but I'll be damned if I can find one that's isn't already coated in a thick layer of whinge.

ivaldo

Do you lot ever give it a rest? Jesus, it’s not even really that negative a thread, he’s simply asking what people want from or expect from United. Stop, take a breath, think about the thread for a second, then either answer the question or bit of advice, don’t bother posting your negativity. Just go out of the thread and go to another, it’s not a hard concept.
Oh the irony. Unless you haven't noticed, the only time "us lot" comment is when YET another thread is created whining about the club, about the board, about the manager, about the player etc. Stop making shitty threads to express an opinion that could've just been added to one of the plethora of already existing threads complaining about the same things.

Your brand of negative loathing of the club you apparently support has spread like poison to every corner of the football forum, to the point where some people are getting so tired of it they've actually asking to be banned from it, removing it from view entirely.

The OP starts his thread with "let's leave out the negativity" and then immediately follows it up with negativity. His second paragraph is "It amazes me to hear so many posters on the Caf prepared to accept the type of football we are being presented with," and you are telling me it's not negative?

I'd love to go out of this thread and into another, but I'll be damned if I can find one that's isn't already coated in a thick layer of whinge.

VanGaalyTime

I think with the current squad and the lack of investment, finishing 3rd and qualifying for the knockouts of the Champions League would be an astounding achievement. If we win a domestic cup too then Mou should be given a contract for life.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I want us to dominate against teams that have worse players than us. I'm happy to play Jose ball against the likes of Liverpool and City but against the rest we have the quality to out score anyone. The game on Friday night was a prime example of this.

We had one of the most technically gifted, ball retaining midfields i've seen from a united side since Carrick and Scholes. In the first five mins leading up to the Pen we were playing some great stuff, then as soon as we scored we did the typical Jose thing of defending deep, and inviting the pressure on to us.

Even the commentators were getting annoyed. Look at that leicester team, on paper they aren't close to being our equal, yet we gave them the tools to draw the game. There is absolutely no excuse for sitting back against a team that we can absolutely dominate, we should be beating these teams 3 and 4 nil. I was a huge Jose fan, but he finally lost me on Friday.
Well the penalty happened about 1 minute and 10 seconds into the game..so not much of an achievement :lol: But yeah I agree. We put out a team suited to controlling the game and being creative and playing fast, possession football, yet we go defensive and hand the initiative to the opposition against a mid table team who sold their best player and the other one was on the bench. That can't happen at Old Trafford.

Trizy

We all know and have accepted we're not going to win the league or CL. So if we played exciting and attacking football and still finished 4th I'd be happy.

ash_86

I just want all our players to shut their mouth and concentrate on football. That includes the manager.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am realistic man, anything similar to Liverpool or Spur would be fine.

$inner_88

“Me, I want what’s coming to me…. The world, chico, and everything in it.”

Id settle for a league title challenge and a decent champions league run while playing some decent football.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I want to watch a game and be entertained instead of shouting ‘oh what the feck are doing, pass it forward ffs’ every 5 minutes.

simplyared

1)The OP starts his thread with "let's leave out the negativity" and then immediately follows it up with negativity. His second paragraph is "It amazes me to hear so many posters on the Caf prepared to accept the type of football we are being presented with," and you are telling me it's not negative?

1) OK I'll rewrite my OP as follows:

"Forget all the stuff we’re reading and hearing in the media. Leave out the speculation and look at the football instead.
After seeing the Leicester game the signs were there. Same old story: lack of attacking football, we scrape through, hangin on, could have well been a draw (thinking of Vardy’s missed volley) and we’re playing a mid table team at OT.
Football for me is about entertainment first and foremost. Not even our manager can go to the trouble of changing the miserable expression on his face. Aren’t we losing the point of what football is all about?
Our great club has thrived on entertaining people all over the world. Also Munich has contributed to building a fan base second to none.
Some Caf member started a thread recently about the risk of us losing a big portion of our fan base due to the crap football we’re dishing up. So relevant!
Just for the record I was born with utd blood in my veins, am a Mancunian and started going to matches in the early 60’s. and I’m not going to feck off and support anyone else.
So are you a utd fan contented with the football you are seeing, happy scraping 2 pts from mediocre clubs, think our 2nd place last season was a great achievment, and we shouldn’t moan, or do you want more?"

So I've changed one word in the opening sentence and taken away the 3 other sentences and now it reads as above. Message still the same!
Yes there are a lot of threads expressing negativity about the board, manager, certain players etc. However the message I'm trying to get accross and the problem I'm highlighting can well deserve a thread of it's own imo.

You say this is a shitty thread. Strong words!
My main obective with the thread was to get concrete answers to a very concrete question and at the same time voice my concern about the risk of losing a significant portion of our fan base. Relevant points I would say!

I wasn't so interested in opinions about player material, systems, manager, board or whatever. I was more interested in the basics if you like: for example if people were getting entertained, their expectations etc. Looking at most of the answers I think that's exactly how most of the posters understood the thread also.

Maybe you could revert to giving your thoughts about what you expect from our club, instead of throwing a wobbler just because someone else has a different footballing philosophy than you have yourself!

redadair72

Forget all the negativity we’re reading and hearing in the media. Leave out the speculation and look at the football instead.

It amazes me to hear so many posters on the Caf prepared to accept the type of football we are being presented with.

The impression I get is the majority of posters who complain about the entertainment value, are old school. Of which I am proudly one of.

After seeing the Leicester game the signs were there. Same old story: lack of attacking football, we scrape through, hangin on, could have well been a draw (thinking of Vardy’s missed volley) and we’re playing a mid table team at OT.

Football for me is about entertainment first and foremost. Not even our manager can go to the trouble of changing the miserable expression on his face. Aren’t we losing the point of what football is all about?

Our great club has thrived on entertaining people all over the world. Also Munich has contributed to building a fan base second to none.

Some Caf member started a thread recently about the risk of us losing a big portion of our fan base due to the crap football we’re dishing up. So relevant!

Just for the record I was born with utd blood in my veins, am a Mancunian and started going to matches in the early 60’s. and I’m not going to feck off and support anyone else.

So are you a utd fan contented with the football you are seeing, happy scraping 2 pts from mediocre clubs, think our 2nd place last season was a great achievment, and we shouldn’t moan, or do you want more?
Good points. I think we were a bit lucky in that first game - after the penalty until about 5 mins before the break Leicester were by far the better team. I kept having to check it was at O.T. if they had Vardy on earlier or any decent finisher it could have been bad. The second half was more even and eventually they tired, but it was a worrying start in my opinion.

ivaldo

1) OK I'll rewrite my OP as follows:

"Forget all the stuff we’re reading and hearing in the media. Leave out the speculation and look at the football instead.
So are you a utd fan contented with the football you are seeing, happy scraping 2 pts from mediocre clubs, think our 2nd place last season was a great achievment, and we shouldn’t moan, or do you want more?"

So I've changed one word in the opening sentence and taken away the 3 other sentences and now it reads as above. Message still the same!
Yes there are a lot of threads expressing negativity about the board, manager, certain players etc. However the message I'm trying to get accross and the problem I'm highlighting can well deserve a thread of it's own imo.

You say this is a shitty thread. Strong words!
My main obective with the thread was to get concrete answers to a very concrete question and at the same time voice my concern about the risk of losing a significant portion of our fan base. Relevant points I would say!

I wasn't so interested in opinions about player material, systems, manager, board or whatever. I was more interested in the basics if you like: for example if people were getting entertained, their expectations etc. Looking at most of the answers I think that's exactly how most of the posters understood the thread also.

Maybe you could revert to giving your thoughts about what you expect from our club, instead of throwing a wobbler just because someone else has a different footballing philosophy than you have yourself!
That's your attempt at removing negativity? Seriously? :lol:

How about saying:

"What would you like to see change from our team? For me, I'd like to see a bit more style to add to the substance."

Not saying "same old story", and referencing his "miserable expression". It's baffling that you rewrote that believing you had removed all negativity. Sums up the mind set of this place right now.

For what it's worth there was a noticeable difference in our play at half time. It was clear Jose wasn't happy with it. We seem to start off with the intensity he required, and then took our foot off the gas. The lack of time he had to work with his players on adapting our style was what he was so frustrated with. The addition of Fred to carry through midfield, the search for a ball playing centreback, the appointment of Carrick and McKenna and the departure of Rui Faria, all are fairly obvious indicators that our style and approach will change. To start a thread moaning about this after 1 bloody game is a bit pointless.

AlwaysRed66

One thing I would like to see, is whenever we take the lead to try to get more goals, instead of sitting back & usually getting overrun, & hanging on.

Listar

That's your attempt at removing negativity? Seriously? :lol:

How about saying:

"What would you like to see change from our team? For me, I'd like to see a bit more style to add to the substance."

Not saying "same old story", and referencing his "miserable expression". It's baffling that you rewrote that believing you had removed all negativity. Sums up the mind set of this place right now.

For what it's worth there was a noticeable difference in our play at half time. It was clear Jose wasn't happy with it. We seem to start off with the intensity he required, and then took our foot off the gas. The lack of time he had to work with his players on adapting our style was what he was so frustrated with. The addition of Fred to carry through midfield, the search for a ball playing centreback, the appointment of Carrick and McKenna and the departure of Rui Faria, all are fairly obvious indicators that our style and approach will change. To start a thread moaning about this after 1 bloody game is a bit pointless.
Feels like someone who watched and understand football. Too many sheeps around will bait the wolves to come.

wolvored

To try and recreate the Fergie era from mid 90s to mid 2000s. When we didnt win them all but were excited to see us try. To go in 3 up at half time and still go out for more goals. To win games 5-3, rather than go 1 up and try and defend for 60/70 odd minutes. At the end of the day we want to be entertained. Nowadays I watch because I have been a fan all my life, but mainly get no joy out of it. Its not only Mourinho, it was the same under Moyes and VG.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
So many posters jealous of current City/Liverpool :lol:, i doupt there would be even half of you talking about 'Attacking football' if those 2 teams didn't play so incredibly well upfront, also pretty sure had Pochettino already been here in place of Mourinho and implemented the same style as he does now there, you'd still ask for the same stuff, His approach is overly defensive sure we do look more clueless sometimes in attack but Poch's style is nowhere near the 'Positive football' many are asking for yet so many of you want him here in place of Jose its laughable specially after reading this thread, this thread other than being shitty and disconserting the fanbase once again, it also screams 'I want Klopp or Pep!', ok...

M Utd

I'd like to see a greater element of risk. I do feel that the current manager has a specific idea about how he wants each player to play and if they tread too far wide of his plan he's likely to bench them. I certainly don't think asking players to do a specific job is a bad thing but I do think allowing players a little more freedom would create some more expansive football. I think at times our play can become a little predictable and I feel opponents would have a little more to fear should players try something a little different. Perhaps the manager feels he can't do this with the current squad. Fred looks like a step in the right direction.

There is a great address and Q and A with Rio online with Oxford union where he talks about playing for United and how playing with risk was an expectation. Well worth a watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvk004

May be pressing and not staying so deep . The only way that you are going to see attacking football is when we get the ball back from the opposition faster .There was a very good example of this on Friday . In the second half , when Leicester had the ball all of the United players where back in our half and Leicester was passing it around us . There was no pressing from anyone but Fred . Fred bombed forward won the ball and immediately we were on attack . I am so sure Fred did that because he is new to the team and Jose will instill it in him soon not to press and just sit back . I just don't get why Jose is so against pressing ,winning the ball back and be on front foot.

Andersons Dietician

That’s really not true, and also is no excuse for what tends to happen, you guys come in spam posts with a lot of drivel not even adding to the discussion, just side swipes and trying to belittle people. This then causes responses, then ganging up and before you know it a thread is ruined. You don’t have to reply to everything and if you do, actually put some thought and effort in to it or don’t bother replying. This place would be so much better.
Here you go throwing accusations about, people can not be happy with the club or what is going on, it’s their right to do so and this is a forum where people come to discuss things. I do agree you will get some pointless posts of just people venting frustration in the moment, again simple, don’t give them much thought, just let those posts die.
Asking to be banned seems silly to me, simply just don’t go on it, it’s that simple, do these people have no will power or just drama queens crying out for attention? If as well there are particular posters you don’t agree with constantly there is an ignore function.

So people should all just be sunny and rainbows and fake all the time instead of expressing how they feel about situation? I think what he meant by leave the negativity was posts like yours, so it didn’t end up in the enviable back and forth of bile and rubbish ruining any sort of proper conversation to be had on the subject. There are also a lot of CAF members who are prepared to accept the football we are presented with, there are many that say all that matters is winning, what is wrong with that?

There are lots, there is one in the general for you but funnily enough it’s mostly full of whinging.

People want to discuss football how they feel about it with out being attacked 24/7 or having semi decent threads shut down because it offends you. If you read through it, most people have taken the time to explain what it is they would like to see from this United. An actual constructive thread for once.

Last edited:

ivaldo

That’s really not true, and also is no excuse for what tends to happen, you guys come in spam posts with a lot of drivel not even adding to the discussion, just side swipes and trying to belittle people. This then causes responses, then ganging up and before you know it a thread is ruined. You don’t have to reply to everything and if you do actually put some thought and effort in to it or don’t bother replying. This place would be so much better.
Here you go throwing accusations about, people can not be happy with the club or what is going on, it’s their right to do so and this is a forum where people come to discuss things. I do agree you will get some pointless posts of just people venting frustration in the moment, again simple, don’t give them much thought, just let those posts die.
Asking to be banned seems silly to me, simply just don’t go on it, it’s that simple, do these people have no will power or just drama queens crying out for attention? If as well there are particular posters you don’t agree with constantly there is an ignore function.

So people should all just be sunny and rainbows and fake all the time instead of expressing how they feel about situation? I think what he meant by leave the negativity was posts like yours, so it didn’t end up in the enviable back and forth of bile and rubbish ruining any sort of proper conversation to be had on the subject. There are also a lot of CAF members who are prepared to accept the football we are presented with, there are many that say all that matters is winning, what is wrong with that?

There are lots, there is one in the general for you but funnily enough it’s mostly full of whinging.

People want to discuss football how they feel about it with out being attacked 24/7 or having semi decent threads shut down because it offends you. If you read through it, most people have taken the time to explain what it is they would like to see from this United. An actual constructive thread for once.
Yes, it is true, and is evidenced by the sheer amount of moaning threads created in the last 6 months, and the subsequent locking of many of those threads by the likes of KM , who has had enough. I mean, there was a thread created earlier that day to discuss everything mentioned in the OP. But no, instead of simply adding his opinion to that thread, he opted to start another one, because his opinion is that important.

It's not a difficult concept really, these ridiculous, repetitive threads have to be created in the first place for us to "spam them."

I'm perfectly happy having a discussion with someone if they are able to offer up something that resembles a balanced view. "Same old" and "Jose's miserable expression" hardly falls under balanced, does it? This isn't a thread created for the purpose of discussion, it's created so that collectively all the mardy bums can have another avenue to express their distain at everything United. I offered the OP an alternative, because he seemed incapable of removing the negativity from his post, and it's night and day.

Oh I see, so by "leave the negativity" he meant his brand of poisonous negativity is fine, those who want to see at least an element of optimism, a degree of balance, aren't welcome. Incredible that you can sit there and type out that those who don't want to see the team lambasted in 400 different threads are the negative ones. Listen to yourself.

The fact the one you offered up has to exist outside of the football forum should be setting off alarm bells, clearly it isn't. Or maybe you mean threads like the "This is still a good side isn't it?" The one with a laughing face as the very first response?

Youre welcome to point me towards all these positive threads you speak of, and then maybe I'll point you towards all the negative ones. I wonder whose list will be bigger? :rolleyes:

Andersons Dietician

Oh I see, so by "leave the negativity" he meant his brand of poisonous negativity is fine, those who want to see at least an element of optimism, a degree of balance, aren't welcome. Incredible that you can sit there and type out that those who don't want to see the team lambasted in 400 different threads are the negative ones. Listen to yourself.
Thats not what he or I meant at all, that’s what you’ve decided it means when in reality it was just posts like every one you’ve written on this thread, instead of writing what you want from this United team, they’ve all just been complaing or trying to belittle the OP. You can easily come in and write you’re happy with what you’re seeing, what Jose is doing but maybe you’d like to see a little bit more of this or that. Instead you decided to have a moan that didn’t add anything to the discussion.

I'm perfectly happy having a discussion with someone if they are able to offer up something that resembles a balanced view. "Same old" and "Jose's miserable expression" hardly falls under balanced, does it? This isn't a thread created for the purpose of discussion, it's created so that collectively all the mardy bums can have another avenue to express their distain at everything United. I offered the OP an alternative, because he seemed incapable of removing the negativity from his post, and it's night and day.
Most people have been happily expressing wat they expect from the club without going defcon on the manager or club generally a positive sort of vibe in a harmonious manner. Have we heard what you expect from United yet, because i’d possibly be intrigued to hear that.

simplyared

May be pressing and not staying so deep . The only way that you are going to see attacking football is when we get the ball back from the opposition faster .There was a very good example of this on Friday . In the second half , when Leicester had the ball all of the United players where back in our half and Leicester was passing it around us . There was no pressing from anyone but Fred . Fred bombed forward won the ball and immediately we were on attack . I am so sure Fred did that because he is new to the team and Jose will instill it in him soon not to press and just sit back . I just don't get why Jose is so against pressing ,winning the ball back and be on front foot.
Fred was playing far too deep considering we were playing a mid table team at OT. We must get a lot more out of him!

Honest John

Attacking free football.

That's our way. Always has been.

I'm losing interest in the side because of the poor fair served up over the past few years.

Yeah I look at the result but I won't watch a loss or a draw or even a 1-0 win because I am 100% certain that what I will see will fall short of what I have come to expect from United.

Christ even when I used to go to matches in the 70's and 80's when we were always in Liverpool's shadow and won squat, we at least played with a bit of style.

Wingers? They seem like an afterthought now. Got to get 3 centre backs first! :confused:

EireRed_GS

I just want to see our players going out and playing with a smile on their faces & enjoying their football. That then reflects on how they play. It feels like its been a while since we seen a player not afraid to just have a go.

ZAGREB RED

Looking like a team, playing some good football and maybe a trophy or two.

Kaizane

If Mourinho is here for the long-term:

1. Find the strongest team and stick to it in the EPL. No chopping and changing of players one week to the next.
2 That being said, use cup games to experiment with younger players more, especially in the earlier rounds. Cups shouldn't be our priority now, if we get knocked-out while playing the younger players, so be it.
3. More dynamism in our play. Players need to interchange roles a lot more during play without the fear of Mourinho's wrath.
4. Less high profile signings of players with massive egos, they're too high-maintenance. More players like Fred who still have things to prove and have massive potential.

Murray3007

ideally we could have forwards who can actually control the ball and pass it 10 yards, quite scary how may times Lukkaku, Sanchez and Rashford stop our attacks because of this before they really get going.

ivaldo

Thats not what he or I meant at all, that’s what you’ve decided it means when in reality it was just posts like every one you’ve written on this thread, instead of writing what you want from this United team, they’ve all just been complaing or trying to belittle the OP. You can easily come in and write you’re happy with what you’re seeing, what Jose is doing but maybe you’d like to see a little bit more of this or that. Instead you decided to have a moan that didn’t add anything to the discussion.

Most people have been happily expressing wat they expect from the club without going defcon on the manager or club generally a positive sort of vibe in a harmonious manner. Have we heard what you expect from United yet, because i’d possibly be intrigued to hear that.
It’s either that or he’s a complete hypocrite, it’s your choice. It’s right there in writing, his request for no negativity, immediately followed by negativity, citing Jose’s “miserable expression,” and calling it the “same old story,” despite us being 1 game into the season.

Yes you have heard what I think. For someone who references every one of my posts I’ve written in this thread, you’ve done a good job of missing the one that you’re so keen to ascertain.

Andersons Dietician

Yes you have heard what I think. For someone who references every one of my posts I’ve written in this thread, you’ve done a good job of missing the one that you’re so keen to ascertain
I’ve looked through the thread and see nothing of what you expect of United, unless this is what you are referring to below, which has nothing to do with the question asked.

I’ll ask again what do you as a United fan expect from this or any United team?

ideally we could have forwards who can actually control the ball and pass it 10 yards, quite scary how may times Lukkaku, Sanchez and Rashford stop our attacks because of this before they really get going.
I would give our forwards a slight benefit with their use of the ball on the offensive.
Due to us clearly not being a ball possession team the moments we do finally get the ball to our forward line ,which is usually on the counter,they have to use the ball with a ridiculous sense of precision because they know they probably wont see the ball for 2-3 minutes after, mainly due to our conservative approach in being too focused on stopping the opposition.

Granted the players by now should be on a far better wavelength than they are currently.What they have been doing at Carrington ,with regards to enhancing our offensive counter attacking strategy, is anyones guess.
But,which has been said many a times,how you set-up offensively goes hand in hand with how you also set up defensively.Its not one and the other.City,unfortunately,are a perfect example of that.

ivaldo

I’ve looked through the thread and see nothing of what you expect of United, unless this is what you are referring to below, which has nothing to do with the question asked.

I’ll ask again what do you as a United fan expect from this or any United team?
I expect us to improve? I expect us to change our style of play? Which is what is happening. I thought that was fairly evident in what I put there, and my satisfaction is obviously implied, otherwise I would've been critical of it...

And if you want me to speak further on that, then I'm happy to do so, it's how discussion works.

simplyared

I expect us to improve? I expect us to change our style of play? Which is what is happening. I thought that was fairly evident in what I put there, and my satisfaction is obviously implied, otherwise I would've been critical of it...

And if you want me to speak further on that, then I'm happy to do so, it's how discussion works.
.......... and a change of expression (hopefully a smile) now and then from our manager. Surely you can go along with that?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I want what Mourinho is supposed to give: solid defending, possession (yet no tiki-taka overkill) + brutal counters when available, and guts/pride until min. 90.