What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We'd easily drop out of the top 4 next season if we made those signings.
disagree, we dont need loads more massive signings shoe honed into a team we need players who are going to strengthen and balance the squad as well as provide a bit of leadership, that's what these signings would do.

Trizy

Sandro
Aldeweireld
Vidal
Willian
Good list that. Only problem is their age. Yes, 30 isn't exactly one foot in the grave but they're all 50m players. Meaning you'll have to replace them in 4 years.

Another problem of signing a 30 year old is they might look for a 5 or 4+1 contract. Not all players are excellent after the age of 33-34. Last thing we need is deadwood later on down the road.

In terms of short term success.. feck it, why not.

My own:

Meunier
Sandro/Tierney
Alderwiereld
Vidal/Verratti
Douglas Costa/ Mahrez

Mcking

Sidibe
Sandro
Neves
Kovacic
Mahrez

Depends on if Sidibe can recover before the season starts.
I know the list is meant to contain four players, but we absolutely need an RW, and can afford Mahrez if Martial leaves.

Canagel

We need to target fullbacks and midfielders as the main priority.

Alderweireld
Sandro/Tierney
Weigl
Thiago
Mahrez

Bwuk

Wonder if Dembele at Barcelona will be available? They are going to splash the cash on Griezmann, and Dembele will be competing with Messi/Griezmann/Suarez/Coutinho for a spot in that front 3.

Front three of Martial, Lukaku and Dembele with Sanchez at #10 could be a scary sight.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I predict United will line up in a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation next season.

My list is based on Mou saying no new attackers (so no Bale, Mahrez, Costa, Willian, Dybala, Griezmann, Fekir, Forsberg, Eriksen, etc)
& it's in midfield where our problems lie.

LWB/LM

Best Choice: Sandro
Back-Up Options: Telles, Gaya, Alonso, Bernat, Ghoulam
High-Risk Options: Hector, Sessegnon, Tierney, Guerreiro, Wendell, Rodriguez, Amavi, Kurzawa, Grimaldo, Albrighton

RWB/RM

Best Choice(s): Florenzi, NDombele,
Back-Up Options: Meunier, Sidibe, Fernandes
High-Risk Options: Bellerin, Odriozola, Cancelo, Vrsaljko

DLP

Best Choice(s): Dembele, Pjanic, Verratti
Back-Up Options: Neves, Jorginho, Fabinho
High-Risk Options: Kondogbia, Meyer, Weigl, Wilshere

B2B

Best Choice(s): Kovacic, Fred, Thiago, Kante, Nainggolan
Back-Up Options: Rabiot, Seri
High-Risk Option: Can

3-4-2-1:

Defence (3)

Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly fighting for 3 places. No additions unless Umtiti/Varane are available which they are not.
Goodbye Blind & Darmian. Tuanzebe & TFM on loan again unless injury crisis.

Midfield
(4)

Sandro, Shaw, Young battling it out for LM/LWB.
NDombele, Valencia, Young competing for RM/RWB.
Fred & Herrera fight it out for 1 B2B role in the middle. & next to one of them, Matic & Dembele rotate in the DLP position.
Pogba or NDombele to fill in should any of Herrera/Fred/Matic/Dembele succumb to injury.
Goodbye Carrick + Fellaini. McTominay on loan. Perhaps Pereira is sold too.

AM/SS (2)

Meanwhile, Pogba & Sanchez are first choice for 2 support striker/ attacking mid roles just behind the front man. Lingard, Mata & Martial as back-up.

Striker (1)

Up top, it's one of Lukaku or Rashford with martial/sanchez on standby if injury strikes.

Last edited:

reddaz71

Savic
Kroos
Bale
Willian

Certainly be needing a LB too, whoever that might be. Would love to see the above names arrive though!

jesperjaap

Personally would like to see up to seven players come in as I think there are good 7-10 players we should be getting rid of.....

Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Jones, Darmian, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Lucacku....Never happening as Mourinho I think likes Mata as a squad player and Lucacku is a favourite....sorry he is out centre forward version of Fellaini

In
Left Back: Sessegnon
CB: De Light
RB: Young back up to Valencia (dont see Fosu-Mensah as a right back at all), no idea who though
CM - Ruben Neves
CM - Paredes

Attack: I dont like the big target man, Ibrahimovic was great but slowed our play down, Lukaku is crap and breaks our play down with his awful first touch. I would like us to have much more of a mobile attacking threat. We have two great young strikers in Rashford and Martial. I would like us to add a star to join. The dream would be Neymar up front with the choice of Lingard/Sanchez/Rashford/Martial playing either side and a lot of swapping positions. Second choice would be Dybala on the right, Martial or Rashford up front with Sanchez on the left. Would much prefer a Jesus/Aguero type up front than a big striker...not MOurinhos way though, but that would be an exciting young squad for me:

De Gea/Romero

Valencia/???? Bailly/Lindelof DeLight/Smalling Sessegnon/YOung

Matic/Paredes

Neves/McTominay Pogba/Perreira

Dybala/Lingard Rashford/Sanches

Neymar/Martial

Still have the likes of Gomez, Tuanzabe, Mensah to cover any long term injuries.

I am not a Guardiola fan. Think he is a really good manager but all the talk of him revolutionising and being a genius is overhyped to me, he couldnt do what he does without the cash and draw of the clubs he has been at to buy big players. I just never have liked him really as a player or manager, jsut something about him even though he has been very very very good at both. What I DO admire about him as a manager as much as anything else is how fearless he is in the transfer market when he feels something needs changing. He took over a very successful domestically City team and had no fear in replacing a lot of popular players all within a couple of years and buying a lot of players too. This is something we have been crying out for a good year or so BEFORE Ferguson actually retired. I dont buy in to this "4 in no more" nonsense. We have literally four players worthy of there place this year, a few deserve more time but a hell of a lot that just havent performed that have been here a long time many of them too

Jeffthered

Mahrez. Rose. Possibly the boy at Lazio...

Offload Mata. Martial. Fellani. Darmian.

Seven Seas Sardines

We really need 6 signings this Summer, getting rid of Fellaini, Carrick, Darmian, Blind, (Ibra), Mata?

Alderweireld
Meunier
Sandro (+Sessegnon if Shaw leaves)
Neves
Jorginho/Fabinho/Kroos
Bale/Mahrez/Douglas Costa

Nick.

We probably can't win the league next season unless we sign 5 players.

RW: particularly if Martial leaves which makes having a shorter window this summer even more detrimental
CM x2: possibly need two if Fellaini and Carrick leave
LB and RB: ageing full-backs who are questionable either offensively or defensively
CB: somebody with composure so we don't give up possession whenever we are pressed

James Peril

Alderweireld
Meunier
Verratti/Dembele
Mahrez

Dream signing: Kroos

All obtainable, all within budget. Alderweireld and Dembele both at a much smaller club, contracts running out - want to win stuff before they get too old. Meunier tired of being second-fiddle at PSG, seems like a guy with a good head and mentality. Mahrez creates chances and we need a right-sided attacker asap.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Why does everyone want Rose, wasn't he injured yet again yesterday? That is the last type we want.
Yeah I've been seeing his name a lot. I would rather see us spend an extra £30M and get arguably the 2nd best left back in the world in Sandro.

Silas

We don't need two CMs with Pereira coming back next season.

Sandro
Meunier/Ricardo Pereira
Alderwireld
Thiago/Isco

Last edited:

Heardy

I know Levy would be very unlikely to sell, but we would be mad to not at least test the water on Kane. The fee would be huge but another season with no trophy, i'd expect Kane to be at least tempted by the thought of a move. I'd be surprised if someone like Real Madrid wouldn't be tempted by him also.

Sessegnon, Alderweireld, Neves, Mahrez + a cheeky bid for Kane

GazTheLegend

I’d probably go for Ryan Sessegnon, Danny Rose, Alderweireld and maybe take a punt on Ruben Neves too.

Think that’s the sort of player Ferguson would have gone for.

I’m fairly happy with the squad though and would ideally like to see them all given another year together - squad cohesion and consistency is an underrated factor in modern football, and part of why Ferguson was as successful as he is, and why Spurs are decent now is that they didn’t make wholesale changes every summer - evolution not revolution

Champagne Football

Sessegnon has hinted at staying at Fulham if they get promoted.

PSG will definitely be in for Alderwiereld too and Levy will prefer to sell to them. Wolves will not be under pressure to sell.

But sort of realistic dream muppet 5 even though I don't think Kluivert is coming

Sandro
Alderweireld
Neves
Fabinho
Kluivert

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I know Levy would be very unlikely to sell, but we would be mad to not at least test the water on Kane. The fee would be huge but another season with no trophy, i'd expect Kane to be at least tempted by the thought of a move.
This is going to be the toughest test for Spurs I think.
They have built a terrific team under Pochettino, that have come close, but won nothing over the past 3 seasons.

Players such as Kane, Alli & Eriksen are surely going to get offers from clubs that are more likely to deliver silverware and also offer them a salary hike.
Pochettino himself will undoubtably get some lucrative offers, maybe he might feel that he has taken Spurs as far as he can, and be tempted by a switch to Spain or France.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Azpilicueta
Tierney
Jorginho
Bertrand

(yeah, that's right - TWO left backs)

GeorgieBoy

The best RB its realistically possible to sign.
The best LB its realistically possible to sign.
The best B2B midfielder its realistically possible to sign.
The best RW its realistically possible to sign.

Lazy post I know, I've heard of all the aforementioned names in this thread, but not seen most of them play before really.

Sanche7

I don't think there will be four players coming in this window. Reading Mourinho's latest comments, it looks like 2-3 new max.
My guess would be two CMs and a LB
That is obviously not enough as the team would still lack a proper RB, a class CB and a RW
Also looks like Mourinho us giving assurance to youngsters that they will be given opportunity