What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
A lot of mentions of Thomas Meunier on this thread. I’d be very happy if we signed him but is there any realistic possibility that PSG will be open to selling a very good RB like Meunier? If they were, then no doubt they will ask for a huge ridiculous fee.
I'm not sure. Have him on my list due to assuming Alves plays and he wants to be a first choice.
Couls be wrong of course.

automaticflare

Dream: Rafael da Silva, Ben Davies, Verratti, Dybala
Reality: Meunier, Jose Gaya, Eric Dier, Douglas Costa

Will be happy with anyone from these lists coming here though

Aww man I wish we still had Rafa he should never have been sold he got what it meant to be a united player and I never understood the stick he got. Was always full of dynamism and could put in a decent ball from full back too. I miss Rafa also Nani. Both would walk into this side on the right

settembrini

I'm unsure what our 4th weakest position is but anyone who doesn't want a new RB, LB and RW in the summer is a masochist.

ravi2

A lot of mentions of Thomas Meunier on this thread. I’d be very happy if we signed him but is there any realistic possibility that PSG will be open to selling a very good RB like Meunier? If they were, then no doubt they will ask for a huge ridiculous fee.
Meunier has been quite quoted as saying he wants playing time which he won't get as long as Dani alves is there.
Alves apparently cannot be dropped because he is friends with neymar

ravi2

I'm unsure what our 4th weakest position is but anyone who doesn't want a new RB, LB and RW in the summer is a masochist.
Jose said we apparently aren't going to spend a lot in the transfer window this year. Time will tell i suppose

kul m

1. right back who can cross the ball into the box, not drill it into the box!
2. new left back (Sandro) or Tierney from celtic, or promote the young O'Connor from the academy, quite simple.
3. new striker (Mauro Icardi)
4. Gareth Bale

Member 5225

Realistically:

Rose
Alderweireld
Kroos
RB / Combative CM (not sure who)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If they are being investigated they might fancy shifting some players off their wage bill.

DomesticTadpole

1. right back who can cross the ball into the box, not drill it into the box!
2. new left back (Sandro) or Tierney from celtic, or promote the young O'Connor from the academy, quite simple.
3. new striker (Mauro Icardi)
4. Gareth Bale
Nothing wrong with drilling the ball in as it can lead to own goals, a RB who can do both when it matters.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Aww man I wish we still had Rafa he should never have been sold he got what it meant to be a united player and I never understood the stick he got. Was always full of dynamism and could put in a decent ball from full back too. I miss Rafa also Nani. Both would walk into this side on the right
Neither is nowhere near a starter for their respective teams (Lyon, Lazio), not a chance either would 'walk into this side on the right'.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As everyone else, I want us to not have glaring holes for once. It's his third window now, and it's still going to take a hell of a busy one for this to happen.

RW - why do we not have one? Mahrez please.
LB/RB - obvious.
CB - somehow still a mess of a position. 1x Alderweireld, cheers
CM - no fannying around, just get one, specially with 2 covers likely going.

Easier said than done and won't be cheap, but very possible.

Last edited:

Murray3007

CB - Dier/De Ligt
CM - Neves/SMS
RW - Mahrez
LB - Bertrand

hopefully TFM and Axel will be promoted as well so would start next season with the following

De Gea
TFM Dier/De Ligt Bailly Bertrand
Neves/SMS Matic Pogba
Sanchez Lukkau Martial

not realistic replacing 3 of the back 4 i no but think its needing a shake up back there. would really like to keep more of a british core but cant see enough quality in the british players just now if honest. would also look at Sessengon from Fulham with a potential loan to a prem team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Instead of buying another 2 'galactico's' perhaps instead some decent signings to fill the gaps? Can't name any names myself, since well, I don't have enough time to keep track of all good players, but I just hope it won't be another 100 million signing who will endure immense pressure and will be deemed a flop after 1 bad game.

United need a left back and a left winger and ideally a good center half. Make it happen. Something like:

RW: Mahrez
RB: no idea
CB: De Ligt (he's a bit young, but this kid's the real deal)

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
we do need 5 new player, and 1 role player.

2 fullback (this is a priority)
1 solid defender to play alongside Bailly
1 great midfielder
1 substitute of Fellain
and a RW or some player who can break the game in every moment.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Skriniar
Alderweireld
Sidibe
Sandro

Keep Bailly, Rojo and Lindelof

Bin the rest of the defence.

We’ll work on midfield and attack in another lifetime. Our shoddy full backs and questionable centre backs need addressing first and foremost. A good team should always be strong and reliable at the back.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Alderweireld
Sandro
Neves
SMS
Mahrez

I know it’s 5 but still

I’m comfortable with Valencia/TFM/Young at RB for next season and hope TFM breaks out

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
I don’t watch nearly enough football outside of United to come up with 4 names, apart from the glaring obvious footballing superstars, that are unrealistic, would cost fortunes and wouldn’t all fit in a starting XI.

But the 4 positions, I’d like to see Upgraded/Improved, are LB/RB/RW/CM. The first three positions are a must. CM, for me not so much, yes we need numbers in there, but if funds are limited as suggested, I don’t necessarily think it’s an absolute priority over the other positions.

Ljungster

I would go with the following if possible: Avoid the galacticos unless it's someone we actually need like Kroos..
1. Ruben Neves
2. Riyad Mahrez.
3. Thomas Meunier
4. Kieran Thierny
(5. Ryan Sessegnon: Loaned back to Fulham for 1-2 seasons).

It's five but I would hate for us to miss out on Sessegnon because "we don't do loans"...
Get the above five and we have improved in all positions which we need. Go with a 4-3-3 and just unleash the offensive..

Canagel

We need more than 4. Our team needs a lot of work despite all the money that's been spent already.

DomesticTadpole

Keep in mind Mourinho said we won’t be spending silly money this summer
I hope that means we have already got transfer set up and not that we are going to low-ball clubs for players who are obviously worth a lot more or buy utter dross. Also don't want another Perisic situation which went on most of the summer. If we cannot get someone make sure there are other options and move on. This summer business will be vital.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Sessegnon
Lascelles
Dier (Jorginho if we can't prize him away from spurs)
Thauvin

Recall from loan: Fosu Mensah

Out:
Carrick
Smalling
Shaw
Fellaini
Darmain

Last edited:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Keep in mind Mourinho said we won’t be spending silly money this summer
I would hope that means we won't blow the budget on a Galactico name, such as Bale, instead spend the funds to strengthen those areas that are in serious need.

Nickys Butt

Sessegnon
Lascelles
Dier (Jorginho if we can't prize him away from spurs)
Thauvin

Recall from loan: Fosu Mensah

Out:
Carrick
Smalling
Shaw
Fellaini
Darmain
We'd easily drop out of the top 4 next season if we made those signings.

ovoxo

Sandro
Alderweireld
Fred
If Martial does leave - Sessegnon

I can see a second CM coming the following season, I’m certain it’ll be Neves. I think we might chance TFM for RB this season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Realistically we could do with a CB, LB, CM and RW

Which looks okay but we also need to get rid of shit which also needs replacing which goes from a 4 man list to a 8-10 man list.

Jibbs

In total 6 players:

1) Toby Alderweireld / Samuel Umtiti / Clement Lenglet
2) Djibril Sidibe / Héctor Bellerín
3) Danny Rose / Alex Sandro
4) Sergej Milinkovic-Savic / Adrien Rabiot / Mousa Dembélé / Radja Nainggolan
5) Ruben Neves / Christian Eriksen / Saúl Ñíguez
6) Gareth Bale / Antoine Griezmann / James Rodriguez / Thomas Lemar
7) Tim Fosu-Mensah as back-up DM/RB

Out:

Blind
Darmian
Shaw
Smalling / Jones
Fellaini
Carrick
Pereira
Pogba
Martial (Loan)

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
LB - Tierney (£20 million)
CM - Wilshere (free)
CM - Saul (£90 million)
RW - Mahrez (£60 million)

Ideally, I’d also want Sessegnon signed up and loaned back out.
Wilshire...........really?!?
Lets see in the WC
Nope, Wales didn't qualify

I'll go with Keane cantona Hughes and Beckham, or alternatively any players with some guts fight and will to win instead of the big time Charlies we have now.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I would like United to invest more in youth this summer for the reason that they will be more driven to showcase their talent and they will provide the needed energy in our team.

As such, if I was the manager, I would bring in:

Kieran Tierney, Ryan Sessegnon, Leon Bailey, Willian/Mahrez, Alvaro Odriozola and Fred

Sell:

Fellaini, Young(Or limited game time), Darmian, Mata, Martial (with buy back clause), Shaw,

De Gea/Romero
Odriozola/Valencia - Bailey/Linderloff - Smalling/Jones - Tierney/Sessegnon
Matic/Blind/Fosu
Fred/McTominay - Pogba/Herrera
Willian/Lingard - Lukaku/Rashford - Sanchez/Bailey
Fullbacks are an important part of the team. Tierney and Sessegnon will rotate similar to the way Pochettino utilizes his fullback. Same with Odriozola and Valencia. Bailey can play on the left or right flank and his starting role will mainly rotate with Willian and Lingard.

Last edited: