What happens when we come up against decent opposition? | Errr

gajender

I am quietly confident about this tie we have enough ammunition to trouble PSG and also Ole has shown himself to be capable of adjusting his tactics according to opponents while retaining attacking impetus to hurt them , get a positive result at home we should have enough to go through then.

Joseunited

And you compare him with the one who hasn’t got a single full good season?
I didn't say Rashford is world class , I said apart from his goals return last season what does Salah have that Rashford doesn't.You went over the top by calling Salah world class based on 1 very good season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't say Rashford is world class , I said apart from his goals return last season what does Salah have that Rashford doesn't.You went over the top by calling Salah world class based on 1 very good season.
You didn’t. But you think Rashford is almost comparable to Salah when my point was they aren’t. Different level, that’s my point is.

You are entitled to call Salah a world class or no. People have different definition of their world class. Sir Alex didn’t even think Schmeichel was a world class but I do and I’m pretty sure both me and Sir Alex can come out in conclusion that he’s on different level to Tim Howard.

Joseunited

You didn’t. But you think Rashford is almost comparable to Salah when my point was they aren’t. Different level, that’s my point is.

You are entitled to call Salah a world class or no. People have different definition of their world class. Sir Alex didn’t even think Schmeichel was a world class but I do and I’m pretty sure both me and Sir Alex can come out in conclusion that he’s on different level to Tim Howard.
You still haven't said,goals aside what Salah does that is on a different level to Rashford.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You still haven't said,goals aside what Salah does that is on a different level to Rashford.
I already told you he’s a world class. Rashford isn’t at this current level.

He’s a better dribbler, better in the final third decision making, better finisher, better in making key passes and through ball and he’s one of Liverpool key player of their current form right now. And he’s been doing this ever since in AS Roma 2015/2016. Never mind all of that, Rashford still hasn’t even produce the same amount of goals that Salah has produced since his Roma’s season.

So what makes you think he’s not much different level to Salah right now?

Joseunited

I already told you he’s a world class. Rashford isn’t at this current level.

He’s a better dribbler, better in the final third decision making, better finisher, better in making key passes and through ball and he’s one of Liverpool key player of their current form right now. And he’s been doing this ever since in AS Roma 2015/2016. Never mind all of that, Rashford still hasn’t even produce the same amount of goals that Salah has produced since his Roma’s season.

So what makes you think he’s not much different level to Salah right now?
Rashford's doing all that now,dribbles ,key passes,finishing.You haven't been watching the last 8 games? let's also not forget he's 21, 5 years younger than Salah and has had to endure 2 years playing under a manager who didn't advocate playing attacking football unlike Klopp.

I'm not saying Salah isn't top class but World Class? c'mon that is Messi/Ronaldo material doing it season after season.

edit, we've gone off topic here:D

Trizy

I actually don’t worry too much about the top games. They are nip and tuck and not easy to win. For me more important is the base of games against the 14 other teams in the league. They are the ones you should be winning home and away to give you a good tally of points and then those wins you collect in ‘top six games’ are bonus points, especially away from home.
This.

In theory would could win the league against the bottom 14 while getting 5 draws and 5 losses against the top 6.

Even at that I don't think we'd ever only get 5 points vs the top 6 home and away.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford's doing all that now,dribbles ,key passes,finishing.You haven't been watching the last 8 games? let's also not forget he's 21, 5 years younger than Salah and has had to endure 2 years playing under a manager who didn't advocate playing attacking football unlike Klopp.

I'm not saying Salah isn't top class but World Class? c'mon that is Messi/Ronaldo material doing it season after season.

Ohhh so now you are using his last 8 games as your reason why he’s not much different level to Salah. But you are against me saying he’s different level to Salah because I’m using Salah’s 2 seasons in AS Roma, last season with Liverpool and this season. :D

I already told you he’s better in those aspects, not sure how can you still trying to against me by saying “he’s doing all of that now”. I never exactly say Rashford can’t do all of those have I?

Once again, you are trying make things up. No you never said Salah isn’t top class, that's not what I disagree. The point I'm trying to against is that you said Rashford is not much different level to Salah, which is you are wrong. This is also not about who's younger and who is more talented or who’s better when they are on the same age. Right now we are talking about current situation and right now Rashford's current level is different to Salah's level.

I don't care about your definition of world class but I consider Salah on the same level as Hazard, Kane, De Bruyne, they are world class. So don't start using Messi/Ronaldo, they are just different planet material and I never even mention Salah on the same material as Messi/Ronaldo.

Moonwalker

The wording of this hypothesis should change from 'decent opposition' to 'big club' in order for it to retain its pertinence.

Janson

All I'm saying is that everyone's trying to belittle Ole and United because they're worried, and that it'd be possible to beat them if we had Koulibaly. I doubt we'll beat PSG, Liverpool and City without a defensive reinforcement.

Jones against Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Sane, Aguero, Sterling etc is not something I'm looking forward to. Let's pray that Bailly gets a few games under his belt and shows his outstanding form from his early days.
That I agree with. Now I'm a bit more confident after beating Arsenal as well.

Joseunited

Ohhh so now you are using his last 8 games as your reason why he’s not much different level to Salah. But you are against me saying he’s different level to Salah because I’m using Salah’s 2 seasons in AS Roma, last season with Liverpool and this season. :D

I already told you he’s better in those aspects, not sure how can you still trying to against me by saying “he’s doing all of that now”. I never exactly say Rashford can’t do all of those have I?

Once again, you are trying make things up. No you never said Salah isn’t top class, that's not what I disagree. The point I'm trying to against is that you said Rashford is not much different level to Salah, which is you are wrong. This is also not about who's younger and who is more talented or who’s better when they are on the same age. Right now we are talking about current situation and right now Rashford's current level is different to Salah's level.

I don't care about your definition of world class but I consider Salah on the same level as Hazard, Kane, De Bruyne, they are world class. So don't start using Messi/Ronaldo, they are just different planet material and I never even mention Salah on the same material as Messi/Ronaldo.
Is the definition of world class.

AKDevil

This.

In theory would could win the league against the bottom 14 while getting 5 draws and 5 losses against the top 6.

Even at that I don't think we'd ever only get 5 points vs the top 6 home and away.
We wouldn’t. I should have added, in terms of my expectations, that I’d back us to get 15 points out of 15 at home against other top sides. Might not happen but that’s what I expect. Away from home, different story. Any points there are the real bonuses but on average we’d beat at least three of them at home.

Josep Dowling

Salah is world class, he pretty much scores a goal a game as a winger. Hard to argue he isn’t world class.

Mr PG

Rashford is more talented than Salah.... fahct.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Apart from the goals he scored last season is there really that much difference between Rashford and Salah?
:lol:

As if the volume of goals he's scoring is inconsequential. Give it a rest. Rashford has potential to be a great player but he is nowhere near Salah's level and Salah is definitely world class.

Walters_19_MuFc

Guess we'll find out against PSG. My only worry is how vulnerable we have looked down wide areas. Against wingers such as Neymar and Mbappe, we could be punished if we play a diamond.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Well then maybe Spurs should have better finishers. As it is until the first major Spurs chance United should have been 3-0 up if we weight the chances as the same (which we shouldn't because De Gea is miles above Lloris).
The first major Spurs chances happen before any of United major chances. So your theory about 3-0 is not valid. Spurs has one of the best finishers, he was just met with one of the best goalie and lack of support in the clinical nature of his supporting attackers like Ali and Llorente to name a few.

what the he'll are you talking about? Spurs ended that first half with 0 shot on target. They came out string in the second half and dominated it but in no way were they dominant in the first half. In fact they got outwitted and our tactics worked to perfection in that first half.
Possession, set piece, and total shots favored spurs or were matched among other similar stats. United may have had more shots on target, but that is one of the few aspect with regards to stats they won. Which also shows the clinical nature that ole has implemented into United recently.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We’re very much like Liverpool of last season. Because of how deadly our front 3 + pogba can be we give our self a solid chance against any team in the world. There’s not a single team that would feel as comfortable playing us as they did last year.

Walters_19_MuFc

We’re very much like Liverpool of last season. Because of how deadly our front 3 + pogba can be we give our self a solid chance against any team in the world. There’s not a single team that would feel as comfortable playing us as they did last year.
Sounds about right. We just need our very own Van Dijk now.

Seven Seas Sardines

You are underrating their trio attack especially Salah if you think any of our attacker is closed to Salah. Salah is a world class. Unless if Rashford or Martial step up to a world class level that’s different. Although with Pogba in our midfield, we have better midfield than them.
Three attackers don't make an entire squad. We have Sanchez, Lukaku and Mata as backups while Liverpool has Shaqiri, Sturridge and Origi for christ's sake!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Three attackers don't make an entire squad. We have Sanchez, Lukaku and Mata as backups while Liverpool has Shaqiri, Sturridge and Origi for christ's sake!
And you also don’t take any consideration that Liverpool is also looking to upgrade one of Sturridge or Origi?

After all, they are called backup not the starting XI. The main aim will be the league and that’s where we are going to field our best XI week in week out.

StonedhamsterZA

:lol:

As if the volume of goals he's scoring is inconsequential. Give it a rest. Rashford has potential to be a great player but he is nowhere near Salah's level and Salah is definitely world class.
I completely agree. I don’t understand the desperate need to consider Rashford’s potential as world class NOW. Salah is amazing, and I believe right now, he’s a much more complete player than Rash. However Rash’s ceiling is pretty much unlimited right now.

Give him a year or three, and he will have all the qualities to see him reach the Messi/Ronaldo level (holding thumbs).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I completely agree. I don’t understand the desperate need to consider Rashford’s potential as world class NOW. Salah is amazing, and I believe right now, he’s a much more complete player than Rash. However Rash’s ceiling is pretty much unlimited right now.

Give him a year or three, and he will have all the qualities to see him reach the Messi/Ronaldo level (holding thumbs).
He’s not desperate to consider Rashford’s potential to be world class, he’s just desperate trying to defend himself after realising that he can’t back his point. :D

Love Rashford, I rate him highly and I hate Liverpool but we just can’t be silly enough not to admit that Salah is a world class or basically better than Rashford at the moment.

meamth

Is the definition of world class.
Then by your standards great players before them isn't world class?

Ronaldo and Messi is a once a generation player. Lets stick to that fact.

Salah is on that level with all the best goalscorers in football now.

Anustart89

Moving goalpost?
Very much so. People are now saying that he can’t prove himself until he loses because the proof will be in the reaction to the loss.

By extension, a hypothetical manager that goes through a career with 300 wins, a bunch of draws and no losses will have his career reviewed by these fellas as “meh, never showed that he could bounce back from a defeat, do not want”