What is a good result at Anfield?

Josh 76

Okay, we win at Anfield and get relegated or lose at Anfield and win the title. Pick one.

But more seriously, if top reds could calm down and read posts fully before jumping on other fans, that'd be swell.

In the post you quoted, he clearly explained why he fears a scratchy win could lead to the misleading impression that we've turned a corner.

The same way the win against Chelsea probably had ETH and these players thinking they're the real deal and then not preparing properly for Bournemouth.
Every fan has their own agenda. For me, Liverpool make my blood boil. I've hated them with a passion when growing up in the 80s.

I just want to beat these feckers so badly. I've never recovered from when they beat us 4-1 at OT on the 2008-9 season. So you can imagine what I've been going through lately when they have smashed us 4-2, 5-0, 4-0 and fecking 7-0. It's totally unacceptable to be losing so easily to your arch rivals.

So yes, If someone offered me wining 7-0 at Anfield and being relegated, I would take it hands down!

Pes6Monster

Liverpool are in good, not great, form having had a favourable run of matches. They're winning, but late, and the Luton match shows they can be got at.

We can do this. I feel so because Bruno is not playing, and it will precipitate a change in our midfield dynamic. Do not want to see Shaw in at CB nor McTom starting. Antony wide right means Rash left. Not sure about up top. Nobody is performing. Need pace so perhaps Martial.

Varane must be returned if available. AWB is better defensively.

Likely going to lose but we can get a result so far as we take any chances we create. A huge ask but it's doable.

Come on, United.

Betson

The state of this club , talking about losing to Liverpool and it still been a good result.

Never in the history of this rivalry has one side cowered so much at the thought of playing the other.

JagUTD

The defeats to the two Munichs, Bourne and Bayern will demand a reaction from United at Anfield.

Reactions can unfortunately be adverse.

IRELANDUNITED

Everyone saying they’d accept a 2-0/3-0 defeat or whatever is utterly pathetic if they are being serious. I know we have every reason to be negative lately but if you’d actually accept a defeat to that lot without even playing the game then you are every bit as bad as the cowards that take the field. We talk about raising the standard of the club, start with yourself.

glasgow 21

National Snow emergency shutdown would be nice result at this stage.

Bobade

Every fan has their own agenda. For me, Liverpool make my blood boil. I've hated them with a passion when growing up in the 80s.

I just want to beat these feckers so badly. I've never recovered from when they beat us 4-1 at OT on the 2008-9 season. So you can imagine what I've been going through lately when they have smashed us 4-2, 5-0, 4-0 and fecking 7-0. It's totally unacceptable to be losing so easily to your arch rivals.

So yes, If someone offered me wining 7-0 at Anfield and being relegated, I would take it hands down!
Liverpool fans would be pissing themselves laughing at this outcome. It's not like we would have gotten one over on them or anything.

Wazzaduke33

I think we will get positive results from both games this week, you heard it here first . . .

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
A win is good, a draw away to a top team is acceptable, a loss is bad. Same as always. No need to discuss this if you actually have standards.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can someone puncture the team bus tires? If we don't show up, we will only lose 3-0 by the rules. Right?

Bwuk

I can easily see this being a 5/6 win for Liverpool and Ten Hag sacked.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I can easily see this being a 5/6 win for Liverpool and Ten Hag sacked.
He won't get sacked even if we lose 10-0 and then lose the next 10 games.

Revan

Assumptionman
If I was Klopp, I will definitely be aiming for a double-digit victory. Which should be quite doable considering that we are far worse than last year when they smashed us 7-0 (and they are quite better).

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we play as open as we usually do then we’ll get slaughtered. Hoping Casemiro is back for this one.

DJ_21

If I was Klopp, I will definitely be aiming for a double-digit victory. Which should be quite doable considering that we are far worse than last year when they smashed us 7-0 (and they are quite better).
I’d say your halve right. We are worse this year. I wouldn’t say they are better this year. Halve of there results this season have been lucky. They’re top because other teams have been poorer. This is what confuses people. You can say a teams better because they’re in a higher league position but are they or is it just because other teams around them are poorer?

mjstokes85

Last win at Anfield was Jan 2016 when Rooney banged one in, nearly 8 years ago.
Can't see anything other than a heavy defeat here again, anything less than 4 would be good at this point.

Last edited:

RedUnited86

If we play as open as we usually do then we’ll get slaughtered. Hoping Casemiro is back for this one.
He won't be back, and even if he was his last game was 6 weeks ago. He'll be the size of a wardrobe for the next month or so.

He also played in the 7-0 humiliation last season.

Giggsy13

Liverpool are in good, not great, form having had a favourable run of matches. They're winning, but late, and the Luton match shows they can be got at.

We can do this. I feel so because Bruno is not playing, and it will precipitate a change in our midfield dynamic. Do not want to see Shaw in at CB nor McTom starting. Antony wide right means Rash left. Not sure about up top. Nobody is performing. Need pace so perhaps Martial.

Likely going to lose but we can get a result so far as we take any chances we create. A huge ask but it's doable.

Come on, United.
Absolutely not.

Giggsy13

Even when we were playing dire football under Van Gaal in the 2015/16 season, a 1 nil win at Anfield was celebrated as a massive win. We’ve been shite but I’ll 100% be hoping for a win against the scousers. Embarrassing that some are hoping for a loss, as it gives ten Hag more time. Perhaps a win at our greatest rivals gives the squad a boost in confidence, which is clearly lacking at the moment.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I would never ever hope we lose. Not to speed up the departure of a manager or serve any other agenda. I always hope we win, regardless of circumstances. But I am expected a deeply humiliating loss. 5-0 or so. An exceptional result for us would be a draw.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Come on, United.
Martial has lost all his pace.

better going with Hojlund, at least he will put effort in. Imagine breaking his duck at anfield! Forlan moments coming up?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
A good result, given our current form, would be a draw.

A defeat is never a good result, even when you're shit.

However, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we narrowly lost in a competitive match.

United Hobbit

We all know if Liverpool get an early goal our spineless wastes of space will completely give up and stand there/walk around watching as Liverpool completely humiliate them to the delight of the Anfield crowd. Bar one or 2 none of them will care as they will still pick up their ridiculous wages

I said on the Bournemouth thread I predict he will be sacked by Christmas. It's like Ole but in reverse - a hammering by a "small" club followed by an embarrassment against Liverpool, yet again. Let's not forget a cl exit because even if we win we have to rely on the other 2 teams drawing.

DJ_21

He won't be back, and even if he was his last game was 6 weeks ago. He'll be the size of a wardrobe for the next month or so.

He also played in the 7-0 humiliation last season.
I know he did. Just thinking with Bruno out there’s no quality at all in the midfield

RedDevil@84

Did someone try to see if Mount can comeback from the grave we have buried him in?