What is a good result at Anfield?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’ll get ourselves up for this one. It’ll be a tight game for 30-40 minutes, then they’ll get the first and our heads will drop. Just hope we keep it below 3 or 4 afterwards.

Heinzesight

Another rodding at Anfield is inevitable.

Hojlund’s first goal for us will probably be a consolation goal once Liverpool Football Club have eased off after netting their fifth goal.

ti vu

We know we're in trouble when respectable defeat scoreline maybe now considered a decent result.

Perhaps I am just feeling down after the defeat, but IMO this is scariest trip for us to Anfield in a long long time. Worse than the game that got Mourinho sacked, or return leg of EL under LVG, under Ole. Last season before that 0-7 defeat, we were still confident going into the game trying change our recent underwhelming record against them. Now it felt like defeat before the game start.

Jezpeza

They’ll score 3 just by turning up. Much depends if the bald idiot uses his head and sets a 4-2 low block or we are the usual wide open pile of shit trying to play out from the back against the leagues best press. Another 6 or 7 in that case.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
If Liverpool don't score at least 5 they don't deserve to win the title

Tyrion

Were we actually ever properly battered under any of them until Ole’s final two months though? Save for that 6-1 loss to Spurs whilst down to 10 men I don’t recall us beaten that badly under Jose and the losses under LvG while frequent and often to lesser sides were usually narrow too.

ETH has basically made a habit out of being embarrassed by good teams.
The batterings did start under Ole. They've continued since. I'd argue that's more down to our squad being lazy as shown by them beating Chelsea and then phoning it in today. I think ETH is embarrassed by his own players.

Tyrion

We’ll get ourselves up for this one. It’ll be a tight game for 30-40 minutes, then they’ll get the first and our heads will drop. Just hope we keep it below 3 or 4 afterwards.
Wasn't it 1-0 at half time when we lost 7-0?

Doracle

Can we try 4-2-2-2 to try and keep it relatively tight:

Onana

AWB
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

Mainoo
Amrabat

Mount
McT

Hojlund
Rashford

Forwards to peel away from the centre, with Rashford specifically tasked with getting in behind TAA (if he plays RB).

The Oracle

Liverpool 18 goals
Man Utd 1 goal

That's the amount of goals that have been scored at Anfield in the last seven games between Liverpool and us, since Rooney's winner back in January 2016 in a league game there.

It was 7 goals to 1 in five visits before we went there with Rangnick (4-0)
It was 11 goals to 1 in six visits before we went there last season with Ten Hag (7-0)

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The worst result is if we WIN this through a freak goal and paper over the cracks deluding ourselves that we're turned a millionth corner.

Sick of this manager and team

Doracle

As for the score, a loss by one goal would be a good result (scarily) here. It’s mainly about the performance though. If we look to be set up with some tactical acumen then that would be a huge positive.

Tyrion

The worst result is if we WIN this through a freak goal and paper over the cracks deluding ourselves that we're turned a millionth corner.

Sick of this manager and team
I doubt anyone would think we've turned a corner. Even after beating Chelsea, I had no hope for this.

Back To Madeira

A goal would be nice. One thing that can be guaranteed is that it'll be another case of Red Cafe goes into meltdown.

Red00012

At least the weekend won’t be ruined until Sunday night next week

Bondi77

A win would be great but I would take a draw :nervous::nervous:
What a bizarre thread on a United supporters fan site!

RedinIndia

Honestly, if I was offered a 2-0 defeat next week. I'd take it now. My heart can't handle another tonking to those cnuts. With the way we've been playing recently, it's looking more and more likely. Pack the fecking midfield instead of leaving it empty as our Supreme Leader likes it. Hell, park the bus with two banks of 5 if you need to.
Liverpool are beatable. Go out there and play football. Playing anti football will only result in them reaming us a new one.

RedinIndia

We need to break the cycle.

Hopefully we put in a decent show without Bruno stinking the joint up with his petulance, and the powers that be realise that it's time to turn over the squad rather than another manager.
The squad needs gutting bigtime. Doesn't mean the manager doesn't need to be sacked as well. Some of Ten Hag's tactics are diabolical.

I've seen better from United when we were playing under Moyes and that football was dire too

RedinIndia

Also.

This is the first time I've seen a large section of Manchester United fans dreading to face Liverpool.

Their fans weren't this bereft of hope even when they were shit under Roy when it came to them visiting us.

Can't be looking at losing now itself. It's far too early in the game.

It's not about Ten Hag , it's not about the players , Liverpool are our biggest rivals. That alone should make us keep our hopes and any United player who isn't giving a 100% there even if we lose , should be fecked off.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The batterings did start under Ole. They've continued since. I'd argue that's more down to our squad being lazy as shown by them beating Chelsea and then phoning it in today. I think ETH is embarrassed by his own players.
Exactly. These fecking players constantly let ETH, who is perfect, down. The Chelsea win was solely down to incredible tactics by ETH, yesterday was fecking players fault.

Scottynaldinho

I wouldn't take the draw if offered now. We have been playing our best football (this season) right now and have what it takes to win against them. They are not as good as the table suggests.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wouldn't take the draw if offered now. We have been playing our best football (this season) right now and have what it takes to win against them. They are not as good as the table suggests.
While you’re correct, I’d still definitely take a draw right now.

Bobade

People saying they'd take a loss if offered. :lol: Massive winners mentality.

I can kind of see thinking you would take a draw , but taking a narrow loss before the game? Embarrassing. May as well stop bothering with football.

Born2Lose

I think the biggest question for me is if Ten Hag will be as naive as he was last season or will he shut it down if it goes 3-0, 4-0.

To me , that result against a Liverpool side that had taken a year off, is easily the worst result of the post-SAF era.

Superunknown

I think the biggest question for me is if Ten Hag will be as naive as he was last season or will he shut it down if it goes 3-0, 4-0.

To me , that result against a Liverpool side that had taken a year off, is easily the worst result of the post-SAF era.
I don't think he's learnt anything at all since then. There is no clear improvement from game-to-game, especially after defeats.

I think this will be one of those games where we will get absolutely dominated (again), but Liverpool won't put their chances away. They'll win something like 2 or 3-0, which on paper will look like a significant improvement since last year, but will most likely be because Liverpool struggle to finish. Just like Bournemouth had 2 goals disallowed and hit the post, so could have actually beat us 6-0, but it 'only' ended up being 3. Liverpool will feel like it should be 7 or 8.

I'm saying 2-0 Liverpool. I would love to see a reaction from us based on yesterday's performance, and we may get one for about 15 or 20 minutes, then we'll revert to normal.

MadMike

If we start with the same hopeless formation and clueless tactics as we have been doing all this season, then honestly the best result is the one that gets the manager sacked in the morning.

fastwalker

You are correct about the fact that this is not Liverpool circa 2019-20 or even 2021-22, but the point is that they require no incentive to raise their game against us. If they do, it will be another massacre. Realistically, I am expecting 4-0.

Tyrion

Exactly. These fecking players constantly let ETH, who is perfect, down. The Chelsea win was solely down to incredible tactics by ETH, yesterday was fecking players fault.
Well I wouldn't go that far but I see your point.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Were we actually ever properly battered under any of them until Ole’s final two months though? Save for that 6-1 loss to Spurs whilst down to 10 men I don’t recall us beaten that badly under Jose and the losses under LvG while frequent and often to lesser sides were usually narrow too.

ETH has basically made a habit out of being embarrassed by good teams.
I'd count our best team ever losing 4-1 at home to goals from Fabio Aurelio and Dossena as a battering. Before that you'd have to go back to 1990 for another one.