What is Diogo Dalot good at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Dalot was excellent today. He is improving game to game. I thought he'd be a weakness for us, but I was wrong the guy is pulling his weight. Martinelli is a world class draw in space one on one and he handled it. You could see that was Arteta's plan to get that pressure on that side but it didn't happen because Dalot showed up.

Going forward I think EtH wants more speed outside on the right side of the defense though. So Dalot is probably on borrowed time. But few things are as satisfying as watching players deliver more than you think they can. I'm really enjoying watching him play right now.
Agreed, Legoman certainly seemed to target him but he ended up getting the better of an in form Martnelli. I do feel that ETH would be watching out for a super mobile RB to come in, that's the only reason he held on to AWB as no replacement was lined up for the squad.

tjb

Our fanbase gave up on him too earlier.
It would be good for us to have competition for him, but he's good enough to start.

RopersReturn

He’s not put a foot wrong in the last 4 games. Confidence plays a major role in his performance, but he’s certainly capable of playing effectively and proficiently at right back.

DarkXaero

He has been very, very good recently. Caf needs to give him his due credit, because people on here have been way too quick to bash him in the past.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The tide of a team can do a lot for a player. Does anyone think Trent has the career he’s had thus far if Liverpool hadn’t sorted their shit out? If he comes through their academy 10 years before he did, he doesn’t hit these heights imo.

MinGin

He is got better and better game by game, if he can perform well this season, we can save it and spend big to find CF and another Midfield
Well, he is still 23 !!

Idxomer

Our fanbase gave up on him too earlier.
It would be good for us to have competition for him, but he's good enough to start.
Tbf people have the right to give up on players who showed almost nothing after 4 years at the club, the turnaround has been unexpected.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I love how he's fully bought in to celebrating every good defensive move, whether by himself or someone else. He celebrates like he really means it, too!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair to Dalot and Ole, he has improved slowly but surely last season, also improved during his loan at Milan and he has been improving since ETH joined, he seems to be the fullback that helps in midfield, at least it was the case against Leicester. The part that suprised me the most is his attitude, it doesn't matter if he gets beat he is still hustling and very demonstrative in a positive way.

DevilRed

Needs to be replaced in first eleven next summer.

Has improved and all, but still not at the required level.

Good squad option though.

Jacob

He has a very agressive way of showing passion and team pepping.

tjb

Tbf people have the right to give up on players who showed almost nothing after 4 years at the club, the turnaround has been unexpected.
He came to us at 19.
Jose got him with the intent of him being great around this time.
The problem is that we didn't have the starting talent in the position, so forced him to challenge when we should have been loaning him out.

Greck

True football minds know the tactical relevance of those high fives. At the right height and axis the sound frequency produced from one of those bad boys can galvanise feelings of positive morale in nearby teammates. Future team captain.

Ted Lasso

Good signs for him that Rangnick and ETH have been starting him. This type of football suits him. If he can improve in a few areas, and he's still quite young, could be a pretty decent player for us.

criticalanalysis

He's got good size and athletic ability, which is an underrated aspect of his. He's still inconsistent and switches off in aerials but he's got height, length and decent speed (average acceleration).

He's done very well.

BuzzKillington

He’s a bit slow which is my main issue with him. The disallowed goal today showed up that flaw, he got caught out of position which is likely to be an issue with ten Hag ball, and he didn’t have the pace to recover. That and he’s not all that great going forward. There’s a decent full back in there, but we need better than decent for where we aspire to be. Full back is an important position in the game we’re trying to play. He’s decent as backup, better than I gave him credit for and better than AwB, but it’s an obvious area of the squad for us to improve on.

You can coach some things, but you can’t coach pace or natural footballing vision which he lacks.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The tide of a team can do a lot for a player. Does anyone think Trent has the career he’s had thus far if Liverpool hadn’t sorted their shit out? If he comes through their academy 10 years before he did, he doesn’t hit these heights imo.
We won't even remember him if he had come on 10 years earlier than he did.

Devil81

His improvement under ETH is amazing.

At the moment it's currently looking like we may be able to shelve the hunt for a new RB.

Banana Republic

He’s doing well, putting in a lot of effort and aggression when needed.
He only got caught by Martinelli on that disallowed goal and kept that channel mostly quiet for the rest of the game.
Could have had another assist early in the first half too.

RedorDead21

He is got better and better game by game, if he can perform well this season, we can save it and spend big to find CF and another Midfield
Well, he is still 23 !!
Ignoring McT might keep improving also so we can concentrate on a goalkeeper and striker

Rossa

He’s a bit slow which is my main issue with him. The disallowed goal today showed up that flaw, he got caught out of position which is likely to be an issue with ten Hag ball, and he didn’t have the pace to recover. That and he’s not all that great going forward. There’s a decent full back in there, but we need better than decent for where we aspire to be. Full back is an important position in the game we’re trying to play. He’s decent as backup, better than I gave him credit for and better than AwB, but it’s an obvious area of the squad for us to improve on.

You can coach some things, but you can’t coach pace or natural footballing vision which he lacks.
On that recovery run he looked faster than Martinelli and nearly did catch up. Also, isn’t Martinelli fast?

In the second half, he nicked the ball from Martinelli who couldn’t get close. He’s not slow, but his acceleration when players ho on the outside does worry me a little.

Giggsy13

Thread has aged like milk. The lesson, don’t give up on young players so quickly.

Son

I always liked Dalot after the PSG win a few years ago. I hope he doesn’t become a Luke Shaw and I think his mentality is much better even if the natural talent isn’t.

That should see him fair much better here than Shaw as hard work means more consistency.

GreatDane

Ignoring McT might keep improving also so we can concentrate on a goalkeeper and striker
GK and a striker are the two big ones for me. De Gea doesn't fit how Ten Hag wants to set us up and Martial is too crooked sadly and Ronaldo too old.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am impressed with his performance lately. Could turn out to be a good RB if he could keep that up.

jesperjaap

He has been very, very good recently. Caf needs to give him his due credit, because people on here have been way too quick to bash him in the past.
Definately one of them, worst defender at the club I have labelled him. He has done well the last few games but same token he earns his credit over a season, not 3/4 games, but if he continues the recent performances earns credit for sure

MDFC Manager

Definately one of them, worst defender at the club I have labelled him. He has done well the last few games but same token he earns his credit over a season, not 3/4 games, but if he continues the recent performances earns credit for sure
Me too.

Let's see if EtH can work similar magic with Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.