What is Diogo Dalot good at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Pre season master. Just like Pereira was. Another position that needs adressing. Bet it won't though.

Nick7

He’s marginally better than AWB at receiving a pass. That’s about it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'm having a foggy brain but yeah it's coming back to me the amount of times he lost it on the half way line now :(

He did cross for Rashford for the back post though. I think he had a couple of decent link plays and crosses.

Overall I'm not defending him though. It was bad.
That was Fernandes crossing I think.

Ekeke

Being younger than the plenty of better fullbacks.

He's an all rounder, but he obviously had a poor game today. When he first came he looked really confident doing tricks and taking players on. Some crosses were good, others were bad

Now he's better defending than he was back then, but doesnt look anywhere near as confident going forward

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He’ll be targeted every game. In fact you’d be negligent as a manager to not roast him - he’s there to be devoured.

We need a RB, sofort.

Quinze

You could make this thread about most of our players coming off from a match like that. Don't know why Dalot is being singled out like that.

Foxbatt

We need a rb back for sure but we need a midfield player ASAP.

Chief123

He’s an average full back who is better than AWB which is more damning on AWB.

He’s also very good at making a keeper throw the ball in his own net.

Someone

Something
More threat going forward, sometimes. All in all I believe we'd be safer with AWB. Dalot is terrible defensively.

SAFMUTD

He's TAA defensive level without the attacking quality.

Jack-C20

I don’t like talking about during the game when I was there because it’s largely still a blur. The warm up at the start I can remember though. The drill where he had to cross it in for someone to score was funny. No opposition so no pressure and most of his crosses were way off.

DSG

He’ll be targeted every game. In fact you’d be negligent as a manager to not roast him - he’s there to be devoured.

We need a RB, sofort.
He was being targeted by Brighton. The first goal was mostly his fault as he didn’t close the space down and allowed Troussard to play the through ball.

I have been saying that he’s the worst fullback defensively in the PL since Ralf started playing him. Say what you want, but if AWB was starting, that first goal doesn’t happen. I admit that Dalot is better in possession and technically but his footballing IQ is really low. There was a segment in The 2nd half where someone mis hit a pass to Dalot and instead of just allowing it to go over his head, he jumped, headed the ball to Brighton and they were able to counter.

He’s an average full back who is better than AWB which is more damning on AWB.

He’s also very good at making a keeper throw the ball in his own net.
He’s well below average. Other than AWB, I can’t think of any RBs in the PL where I’d prefer Dalot, can you?

Chief123

He’s well below average. Other than AWB, I can’t think of any RBs in the PL where I’d prefer Dalot, can you?
there are plenty but we will always focus on our own. There’s absolutely zero chance that we have the 2 worst RBs in the league.

DSG

there are plenty but we will always focus on our own. There’s absolutely zero chance that we have the 2 worst RBs in the league.
I mean, seriously, go down the list… I don’t know about the newly promoted sides, but Ayling, Cash, Castigne, Semedo, Coufal, not to mention the top 6 all have better RBs. I doubt you could name 2 or 3 in the PL that are worse than Dalot.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
AWB is shit, but I’d play him 10/10 over this clown.

Abraxas

He's not great at anything in particular. There is not one feature of Dalot's game I would say is spectacular, or even good for a club of our stature.

However, his competitor is even worse in many areas, especially technical ones. So it's not so much about strengths (and slide tackling is one of the weakest possible strengths by the way), it's about who is the least bad for his way of football which includes tucking into midfield.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Crosses at times, dribling at times. Decently quick at times. Not much else going for him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He is not good enough.

AWB is better and we should put faith in him for now.

Chief123

I mean, seriously, go down the list… I don’t know about the newly promoted sides, but Ayling, Cash, Castigne, Semedo, Coufal, not to mention the top 6 all have better RBs. I doubt you could name 2 or 3 in the PL that are worse than Dalot.
Doherty at spurs is shit. I’d have Dalot over him. Dalot is probably same as emerson royale. Both average.

Ludens the Red

He’s very very very good at running towards the ball when he’s about to collect it and making it look like he’s going to do something.
Its an uncanny skill…

redshaw

Tricking people into paying and playing him in professional football.

He's always looked like Baloo out there.

Trequarista10

AWB is shit, but I’d play him 10/10 over this clown.
I'm contemplating the idea. If we had a functioning midfield I wouldn't so much mind having one limited full back who is just tasked with defending, running up and down a bit, and making simple passes to midfielders.

Annoyingly AWB is actually quite bad at defending other than slide tackles, I'd possibly even prefer Lindelof played RB. And Lindelof isn't much better at defending. It's a bad bunch to pick from. What's Fosu-Mensah upto these days?

Jericholyte2

Keeping another ‘50m’ RB Ain the bench - great job he-who-shall-not-be-named.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm contemplating the idea. If we had a functioning midfield I wouldn't so much mind having one limited full back who is just tasked with defending, running up and down a bit, and making simple passes to midfielders.
it’s just a terrible situation that we find ourselves in my friend. A dereliction of duty by the board.

kps88

To be fair, he's been very good at making some people believe we don't desperately need a new RB.

::sonny::

Can’t understand why does Lindelof can’t play as a right back or even Varane

Mike Smalling

I would say that his running and ball control in the final third is better than AWB's, which is why he is playing. However, it doesn't mean a whole lot, when he can't find a teammate in the box to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.