What is the aim for next season?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Win the champions league.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
With this team?

Keep Old Trafford filled to at least 45 000 spectators.

An aggregated loss of no more than 15 goals against city, arsenal, Liverpool (home games).

Have a go at squeezing 10m pounds out of a Herrera move.

Aim to field Jones at least 3 games in a row (most expensive united player ever if counting wage per minute played???).

Rooney to show up fit for the start of the season (realistic?)

Other than that I would be happy with winning the league.

Devil may care

If we appoint Jose and do some good business in the summer there is no reason not to expect a title tilt, especially since we are likely to not have European football so the team will get more rest. The PL is wide open for the taking IMO.

Obviously an improvement in the style of play and the end of Rooney are the non league positon goals for the season.

If it's LvG or Giggs I don't care.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With van Gaal? Top half of the table.

itso 7

Before we imploded we had worked ourselves unto the title equation with this team so there is no reason why Mourinho plus a few top signings wouldn't be able to launch a sustained title fight and pick up the cups.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Sack LvG
Sack Giggs
Get Jose
Sign Ibrahimovic
Have a season that will at least be funny.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
The PL is shite, so I expect a title challange and at least a good run and challenge in a cuo competition.

AN17

I just want to see us playing with style and swagger once again.More passion, more attacking intent and less worry about keeping the ball from opposition.

Make us dream again (not the nightmares that we see while dozing off during the game these days).

montpelier

Do better than this season is OK for me.

Not expecting that to be too difficult of a proposition either, :(

Rory 7

Manchester United should start every season aiming to win the title.

This 'top four finish' lark only started to become acceptable once Moyes arrived and LVG has neatly continued on with the same tripe.

JmRssll555

We absolutely must be aiming for a title challenge. I know the aim at Manchester United should always be to win the league, but with the investment that we are likely to see again this summer and possibly a new manager, we have to be at least top three around this time next year. If the quality of the league continues to be anything like what we have seen this season, there really is no excuse for not being involved towards the end of the season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why is everyone so down on the Premier League? It ain't that bad?? I would just take van Gaal being as far away from the club as possible for now come the beginning of the new season.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Aim for the title, sure but unless a new manager can get our players unphilosophised, we're going to need a lot of new players. Getting into the CL while playing positive foodball with flair players and not have Fellaini in the squad is all I ask for.

Von Mistelroum

If LVG stays, then top 5 is probably the best we can expect. If it's Giggs then staying up will be a tough task ;)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Win the league. Has our standard drop so far that top four is now an achievement? We will most likely spend near £100m this summer, so our aim should be competing for the title. In cup competition, reach the finals and win one should also be a priority.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stay within touching distance of top spot till GW 30, Finish not more than 6 points behind top

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Win the league. There's simply no excuse to aim any lower with the amount we have spent and the amount we will no doubt spend again in the summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

Title challenge + cup run. The league is awful. Leceister are 1st ffs. No reason why a Mourinho led team with squad improvements can't compete for the title.

We are very lucky the other top clubs haven't taken advantage of our downfall.

kps88

When was the last time a team won the league after finishing outside of the top four the previous season? I can't remember it happening in the Premier League era at least.

People expecting us to win the league are in for another long season. This team will take another two transfer windows to sort out, similar to when Mourinho returned to Chelsea for his second spell.

Eddy_JukeZ

When was the last time a team won the league after finishing outside of the top four the previous season? I can't remember it happening in the Premier League era at least.
Leicester might do it this season haha.

But from what I remember, I don't think anyone has. Liverpool were closest in 2013-2014.

Boycott

Without meaning to sound arrogant, this is Manchester United. We should aim to be the best, at least in England. If we aim high and put all efforts towards it, should we fall short then it'll still be a top four campaign. Yes we're not the best team. But with summer activity comes positivity and every new season is a clean start. If we carry on with this post Ferguson hangover we'll never move on hence why a new manager will stimulate the club and push us on. Never underestimate the effect a good start gives.

For the financial investment and the big talk it's time to act.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I've come to the conclusion that I want to see van Gaal see out his contract.