g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What is the aim for next season?

Man-United

I guess top 4 is the new target from now on, so yes, I would be happy with top 4 next season.

Kaos

Top 4 and to actually bring some enjoyment back to watching us.

If its still LVG I'm not bothering with football.

Varun

Staff
Compete for the title. The league is shit enough for it to be a realistic target.

NK86

Always the title. If LVG is still here come August, then maybe smash the TV!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just having a bit of top class Mourinho antics would keep me happy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Regardless of who we bring as manager I hope for:

Rooney to be phased out with Martial as our recognised first choice striker by the end of 16/17
Top 4
At least 70 league goals
Martial will never be our permanent first choice. We will buy a world class first choice instead.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Bah! No more lowering of expectations. Going out on a limb here, but - title challenge, and deep run in a domestic cup. Had about enough of this 'fans need to lower their aspirations', 'living in the past', 'beating flipping West Brom shall be difficult' crap. José has a great level of comfort in handling the league, he'll have a point to prove, and will definitely instill a sense of belief that has eroded progressively since Fergie hung up his boots. The top end of the league isn't exactly burgeoning with class, our squad is quite underrated (isn't great, but we've underperformed across the board), and the addition of 3-4 players should provide a good boost in terms of quality. Looking forward to 2016/ 2017 already. :)

the hea

Top 4 and some progress in building a future league winning side. We can't expect to get back competing with the likes of Bayern and Barca within one season but if we continue getting some of the best young players around like we did with Shaw and Martial then we might be able to compete with them in 3 or 4 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mourinho in, bring in 3 top players for the spine, and play a winning style of football

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Title. It's a realistic target if we get rid of the fraud and dont appoint Giggs.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Title Challenge and semi final of Europa at the least.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
First we need to avoid relegation and after that if we are hard to beat the season will be a success.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Didn't LvG say that he had a contract for 3 years, and was going to win it in that timeframe?
So title it is!

Sb_16

Nothing less than the title. I may be setting myself up for disappointment but that's the level of expectation a club like ours should set especially in a poor quality league.

buckooo1978

the aim has to be a title challenge.....

if we hire a good manager who can get the best out of (most of) the current players and add 4/5 new ones who can make the difference that is what we should be doing

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Challenge for the title.

If the football and the team is progressing well, top 3 will do even if we don't challenge all the way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Title challenge and a trophy (be it league or a cup). That should always be the aim for a club like United. The one year where it was okay just to get top 4 was post Moyes, but once Mourinho comes in we'll be challenging for the title for sure IMO. He won't need 3 years to get a cohesive game plan going like Van Gaal apparently says.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If LVG is still here:
Top 10 in the league and to try and score more than 1 goal/game.

If Mourinho joins:
Top 3, with emphasis on bringing suitable players to win the league in season 2. [basically what happened when Jose joined Chelsea]

Obiorahking_

It depends on the players we get in the offseason IMO. At the moment we are team filled with nice decent squad players but clearly not enough to qualify as a top 4 team especially with mid-table teams getting better and better each season. The only good independent variables on this team are Smalling and DDG. How can we be so sure that Martial won't have a disappointing season like Januzaj did next season?
Or Depay will come around next season?
Or Herrera won't have a repeat of this season?
Or Darmian won't finally adapt?
Or Rashford won't become another Welbeck?
Or Schweinstiger won't be injuried for such a longevity that people start forgetting that he is on the team?

Our goals for next season depend on whether or not we get what is needed to give us compete with the big dogs, because relying on a 19 year old week in and week out on the offensive end is simply not going to cut it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Depending on the summer, we can go for the title next year.