What is "The United Way"?

JoaquinJoaquin

'The United Way' of today:
- Skimp out of paying for quality players
- Overpay and reward mediocrity
- Constantly rewind to when we were good
- A worldwide laughing stock
- Being unable to defeat poor teams and making constant excuses
- More interested in sponsorships and iTunes ratings than being good on the pitch
- Rotting stadium

'The United Way' of old:
- Good attacking football
- World Class players mixed with the best youth prospects
- Respected throughout the World
- Amazing stadium

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We have had two golden periods at this club and they both coincided with generational managers. That seems to be the United Way. Everything else is just romance and noise.

Skills

Snitch
Give managers an indefinite amount of time and money and hope they turn into the next Fergie and Busby.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Give managers an indefinite amount of time and money and hope they turn into the next Fergie and Busby.
This is bang on. I remember hearing the "Fergie was bad for 4 years" going back to the Moyes days.

People are comparing Ole to Klopp's early days at Liverpool. It's madness.

AshRK

Obsessed with Saf and Busby and hoping every manager we appoint becomes like them even if they are crap.

OleTheGreat

Look you can all say what you want but what i feel "THE UNITED WAY" is is the best attacking football and unbelievable patterns of play. I always remember us making new and improved ways of attacking football and some of the passes and plays we have put together over the years have been nothing short of scintillating. Forget the last years because in that time our board totally lost control over the club and the owners have gone crazy about how the football club must be run. The focal point of all this was a manager/genius in SAF who did everything so well. Now we need structure this club and bring the good things back which i'm guessing Ole is trying to put together but even he needs time and he also needs to understand that, he needs to push them all the way and bring the hunger in them out.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The United Way is a nonprofit organization whose focus is to identify and resolve pressing community issues and to make measurable changes in communities through partnerships with schools, government agencies, businesses, organized labor, financial institutions, community development corporations, voluntary and neighborhood associations, the faith community, and others. The main areas include education, income, and health.

Hoof the ball

When people mention The United Way it's really a synonym for The Fergie Way, which is to say that the United way is almost unparalleled and unprecedented success. As far as it relates to an identifiable footballing approach? It isn't, nor was it ever, any one thing. The 90's Fergie approach wasn't the same as the 00's approach. If you want my best definition of The United Way, then it's as follows :

- Attacking first philosophy. Balanced, but not reckless; never primarily conservative.
- Commitment to fast-tracking youth players into the 1st team squad.
- Being at the forefront of adapting to tactical revolutions, rather than playing catchup.
- Willingness to restructure coaching team personnel based on tactical needs of era.
- Combination of high value youngster purchases and multi-positional squad players.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The biggest United Way quality under Ferguson was ruthlessness.

This current incarnation doesn’t know the meaning of the word.

It’s all just flowery bollocks about youth.

sourdough satellite

The United Way is a nonprofit organization whose focus is to identify and resolve pressing community issues and to make measurable changes in communities through partnerships with schools, government agencies, businesses, organized labor, financial institutions, community development corporations, voluntary and neighborhood associations, the faith community, and others. The main areas include education, income, and health.
This is the correct answer

Josep Dowling

This is bang on. I remember hearing the "Fergie was bad for 4 years" going back to the Moyes days.

People are comparing Ole to Klopp's early days at Liverpool. It's madness.
Yep. Giving a manager time doesn’t automatically mean success, which seems to be a Redcafe trait. Always said this comes back to Ferguson’s final speech ‘stand by your manager’ which has led to a cult of fan supporting a manager even when it’s clear it’s not working.

The reason Ferguson got time was because of what he was doing behind the scene at the club. And more importantly because of what he did at Aberdeen. He had recent history of doing well with another club. I was far more willing to give José time because of what he had done elsewhere. And he won trophies with us in his first season. The rest I would have happily sacked in their first seasons.

Bestietom

The "United Way" was always "attack attack attack" in Fergie's time. Now I don't know what phrase we get, possibly "Laughing stock".

Stepney73

There is no Utd way.

We are a club like most others but we've had 2 good spells with youth being the biggest part(busby babes and co92 ).

We need to stop all this ('Utd are holier than though')and move with the times.

Ole,carrick and phelan in the dugout at this present time is a prime example.

Hate to say it but the Liverpool way seems to work at the moment.

gajender

There is no Utd way.

We are a club like most others but we've had 2 good spells with youth being the biggest part(busby babes and co92 ).

We need to stop all this ('Utd are holier than though')and move with the times.

Ole,carrick and phelan in the dugout at this present time is a prime example.

Hate to say it but the Liverpool way seems to work at the moment.
And what's so revolutionary about so called Liverpool way I'll tell you nothing it's all the same like it always has been good players with good manager at the helm it usually works but we seem to be failing at both of late.

Stepney73

And what's so revolutionary about so called Liverpool way I'll tell you nothing it's all the same like it always has been good players with good manager at the helm it usually works but we seem to be failing at both of late.
Yep

If any football club is ambitious and has a good manager and squad then it's the "(insert name here) way".

meamth

Why the feck everyone posting here seems like from Ole out brigade?

Enjoy making fun of United way. Just passing by here..

Amerifan

It’s in transition from what it was under SAF to what Ed and Ole and the rest of the club want it to be. I’m guessing the goal is something like Arsenal under Wenger, younger players playing attractive football finishing top 4 consistently on a restricted budget. But that’s just a guess at this point.

RedNed77

Why the feck everyone posting here seems like from Ole out brigade?

Enjoy making fun of United way. Just passing by here..
The title and the OP set the tone. It’s just a way for our supposed fans to pour a slightly different flavour of piss all over the club they allegedly support.

mu4c_20le

Youth, Courage, Success. Only Ole understands it so far, thats why he was given the job permanently despite having a far weaker CV than the rest

hobbers

What Raiola said.

Torpedo the sporting project, install a patsy as manager and sell a permanent decline as "building for the future".

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’m guessing the goal is something like Arsenal under Wenger, younger players playing attractive football finishing top 4 consistently on a restricted budget. But that’s just a guess at this point.
This is the most profitable way to run a club and is what Woodward is aiming for.
The problem is that if you drop 1-2 places, all of sudden you may find yourself finishing in 6th-7th place regularly. This is what was beginning to happen to Wenger's Arsenal at which point he was given the boot.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We have had two golden periods at this club and they both coincided with generational managers. That seems to be the United Way. Everything else is just romance and noise.
Thead/