What next for Gareth Bale?

RoyH1

Some hypocrites in here, if Sanchez was doing stuff like this at United there would be outrage. Dress it up anyway you want but it's unprofessional. I felt sorry for Bale a few years ago but not anymore, he's a disgrace.
This. Imagine a Spanish speaking player doing this to us. This place would be seething in righteous indignation and ripping into him.
Heck, half of this place bashes Pogba just for dancing in the dressing room.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This. Imagine a Spanish speaking player doing this to us. This place would be seething in righteous indignation and ripping into him.
We wouldn't treat a player half as bad (not even a 32th as bad) if he did for us what Bale has done for Real.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bullshit, he's a professional footballer and he's dug his heel's in to stay and acting like this. Yeah Real are awful and it's there mistake for giving a long contract. That said, you can't say he's not been taking the piss. His attitude is awful, Wales-Golf-Madrid flags. He's a joke and gets special treatment from some. You can't defend this nonsense. Proper what aboutery in here, but what about Real and how..... He deserves criticism, bottom line!
You’re so far off the mark. He was leaving Madrid, they kept him.
he’s training, he’s ready. Zidanes made all his subs again but no bale so he had a joke that he may aswell goto sleep. He knows and people know full well how’s he’s been treated at Madrid

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
he’s training, he’s ready. Sudan’s made all his subs again but no bale so he had a joke that he may aswell goto sleep. He knows and people know full well how’s he’s been treated at Madrid
Exactly, Tchad would have never treated Bale like that.

Vicenterubio

Supports
Real Madrid
he’s training, he’s ready. Zidanes made all his subs again but no bale so he had a joke that he may aswell goto sleep. He knows and people know full well how’s he’s been treated at Madrid
He didn't leave to China last summer because he preferred to live in Madrid. Madrid wanted to give him for free

SirAnderson

Bullshit, he's a professional footballer and he's dug his heel's in to stay and acting like this. Yeah Real are awful and it's there mistake for giving a long contract. That said, you can't say he's not been taking the piss. His attitude is awful, Wales-Golf-Madrid flags. He's a joke and gets special treatment from some. You can't defend this nonsense. Proper what aboutery in here, but what about Real and how..... He deserves criticism, bottom line!
Exactly, he is a professional footballer that's club treated him like shite.
If if manager goes out and publicly critizes and humiliates him, of course he has a right to dig in, why should he leave?
It's the same thing Jose tried to do with Pogba, and fans alike shat on Pogba when the real problem was the manager. In this case it's the club and the manager.
He has done nothing other players have done themselves and haven't received such backlash as what you've given him.
But fine, you say he is a disgrace, that's yours to carry.
I say, for someone that has given his best years of his life to a club, only to be thrown out like a dog and disrespected, I fecking respect him for staying there and taking all the flak with it, together with the boatload of money too.

SirAnderson

What exactly is he doing? And before you answer that, first get your facts on what they have done to him, which caused this entire standoff.

SirAnderson

Not even we treat Lingard who is stealing a living, like the way they've treated this dude.
Not Lukaku, not Sanchez, not Falcao. Not even Di Mafeckingria.
Why? Because we not a vile fecking club (bit much, but hyperbole needed right now) like Real Madrid when it comes to how they treat some of their players who they don't want anymore.

And this is coming from someone who actually supports them when it comes to La Liga.

Would love to know what actually Real Madrid fans think about Bale and Reals treatment of him? @giorno @carvajal

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly, he is a professional footballer that's club treated him like shite.
If if manager goes out and publicly critizes and humiliates him, of course he has a right to dig in, why should he leave?
It's the same thing Jose tried to do with Pogba, and fans alike shat on Pogba when the real problem was the manager. In this case it's the club and the manager.
He has done nothing other players have done themselves and haven't received such backlash as what you've given him.
But fine, you say he is a disgrace, that's yours to carry.
I say, for someone that has given his best years of his life to a club, only to be thrown out like a dog and disrespected, I fecking respect him for staying there and taking all the flak with it, together with the boatload of money too.
When was he treated like shit? .
I don't remember Zidane saying anything humiliating about Bale, but Barnett saying that Zidane was a shame.
James is also in the bench but I can't imagine that kind of behavior in that situation, as nobody can imagine Varane,Karim or Marcelo doing that (or the flag thing) and they were among others vilified by the press

Morpheus 7

I hate having to defend Zidane but his decision was clearly justified. His reaction to it was awful, again unprofessional. The justification for Bale's actions are appalling. Odd double standards in here on this one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I hate having to defend Zidane but his decision was clearly justified. His reaction to it was awful, again unprofessional. The justification for Bale's actions are appalling. Odd double standards in here on this one.
There is no double standards as nothing similar has happened at United

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I had lots of sympathy for him last season.

Not so much this season really where he is a bit part player and he knew that at end of last season. He could go to another major team in europe on loan or something and still be a force, just seems a waste of his last peak years.

Vicenterubio

Supports
Real Madrid
The problem with Bale is:
-He was the most expensive player in the team.
-He has never played well for the team.
-He has never put any effort.
-When he is in the stadium watching the team he left all the games early to beat traffic.
-He didn't want play arguing he had injuries and nothing showed up in the RM.
-He doesn't want to be sold and he earns the biggest wage.
-He hasnt learned the language even he has been in Spain for almost seven years.
-He played golf when injured.

SirAnderson

I don't remember Zidane saying anything humiliating about Bale, but Barnett saying that Zidane was a shame.
James is also in the bench but I can't imagine that kind of behavior in that situation, as nobody can imagine Varane,Karim or Marcelo doing that (or the flag thing) and they were among others vilified by the press
Cmon let's be real? After that final when Bales future was up in the open.
It was clear that Zidane and the club were trying to force him out.

Zidane came out and even said of him:
'There comes a time when things are done because they need to be done.

'I haven't got anything against him. The situation will change and it's for the best for everyone.'

I mean, what did the guy do to deserve that kind of statement? And if they comfortable saying that in public, I can only imagine what was said privately.

To my knowledge up to the point Bale got shut out, he was nothing but a professional and had a big hand in the CL success Real enjoyed. Coupled with the fact that even when it was clear Zidane didn't want him, he then was willing to go to China only for the club to demand a massive fee. You could say, deserve that, but the dynamic changes when it's your own player that you forcing out.

I'm not saying Bale is an angel, but surely the constant leaving on the bench, out the squad, when he was doing what any professional was doing. Eventually it becomes too much for anyone, and then each person needs to decide, do I get out and play my football elsewhere? Or stay and cash in what is not my fault?
Honestly, he has nothing left to prove, and is at that stage where the rest of his future is more important than pleasing "fans" and whoever else but leaving with "dignity".

I've probably left out a few things as well.

lsd

The Oracle
I’ve got total respect for Bale absolutely rinsing Real Madrid. Why should he go elsewhere and take a paycut?

He’s won it all at Madrid and is making stupid money out there. See your contract out and make bank. Then he can go back home to Wales with an extra £30m.

Id probably have more sympathy if it was anyone but Madrid - but feck em, he doesn’t owe it to them to relinquish them of their obligations under a contract.

So you have total respect for Sanchez too ?

el3mel

Did anything new happen to his situation there for all these Bale threads to get bumped ?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The only thing i'd have against Bale in his Madrid career is his reluctance to commit to learning Spanish so he can communicate with the rest of the squad and gel more with them. I'm sure we have all seen that video now where he gets asked a question in spanish by Modric and responds with "I don't have a clue what you've just said" - that's after he's been at the club for 6 years. Perhaps he gave up because he didn't feel like he fit in with the Madrid squad or the fans of the club despite loving his life at Madrid, but I can see why people would look at it as a negative.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The only thing i'd have against Bale in his Madrid career is his reluctance to commit to learning Spanish so he can communicate with the rest of the squad and gel more with them. I'm sure we have all seen that video now where he gets asked a question in spanish by Modric and responds with "I don't have a clue what you've just said" - that's after he's been at the club for 6 years. Perhaps he gave up because he didn't feel like he fit in with the Madrid squad or the fans of the club despite loving his life at Madrid, but I can see why people would look at it as a negative.
Yeah he doesn't have an excuse, especially as he afford the best education. Maybe he's a bit thick and struggles to learn or he simply doesn't place much value in it because every he hangs out with speaks English.

There are numerous examples of Spanish speakers not learning English despite being in the UK for a long time. I'm not sure whether it comes down to intelligence or laziness.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It just looks bad for everyone. Madrid look terrible and Bale looks stupid. This is the club where he won things and his legacy is now going to be that of an idiot who antagonized the support.

Good for him if money is the only thing that matters and he feels aggrieved, but I think he will regret it when all is said and done.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not even we treat Lingard who is stealing a living, like the way they've treated this dude.
Not Lukaku, not Sanchez, not Falcao. Not even Di Mafeckingria.
Why? Because we not a vile fecking club (bit much, but hyperbole needed right now) like Real Madrid when it comes to how they treat some of their players who they don't want anymore.

And this is coming from someone who actually supports them when it comes to La Liga.

Would love to know what actually Real Madrid fans think about Bale and Reals treatment of him? @giorno @carvajal
I mean, we don't really know what happened wrt his possible move to China

Zidane had a couple of interviews were he misspoke imo, but otherwise, there hasn't been much. Bale has always been massively backed and protected by the club throughout every season bar maybe this one, Florentino even had the club come down on the press for their treatment of Bale

The simple truth is that he was given the chance to be the star of the team after Cristiano left and he failed. He was given opportunities at the beginning of the season and aside from a couple games he failed again. These days whenever Zidane plays him we're basically playing with 10 players...

I don't know what is it between him and Zidane, it's clear that Zidane doesn't want him but as for his treatment in training i don't know. Far as playing time is concerned he's been treated the same as everyone else, he just hasn't been good enough

If anything James would have more of a bone to pick with Zidane

As for the situation, if he cares so little about playing, fair enough. He's well within his rights to stay until the end of the contract. Just as the manager is well within his rights not to play him

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The problem with Bale is:
-He was the most expensive player in the team.
-He has never played well for the team.
-He has never put any effort.
-When he is in the stadium watching the team he left all the games early to beat traffic.
-He didn't want play arguing he had injuries and nothing showed up in the RM.
-He doesn't want to be sold and he earns the biggest wage.
-He hasnt learned the language even he has been in Spain for almost seven years.
-He played golf when injured.
Are you doing some kind of skit here?

"Never played well for the team"

He blood won you cups for goodness sake.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely no-one is feeling any sympathy for that most predatory of clubs Real Madrid?

If they decided to wad him a contract for 5-6 years on 400-500k, and he fancies staying, hard luck!

It's good to see Madrid punished for once.

edcunited1878

He's become completely complacent and is making a feck ton of money that isn't matching his effort, desire to play for the club, and output.

The comparisons to Sanchez are incorrect the fact that Sanchez just is physically shot. Yes, he's on massive wages like Bale, but he's continued to recover from his injuries and at least made himself fit to contend for a squad role and be selected. And he didn't sit around collecting wages for United when he knew he wanted, he wanted to just play. So United provided him that opportunity via loan w/Inter Milan. Bale just doesn't even want to commit to anything it seems like and is content. He and everyone clearly sees he's not even getting a look in and why that is. So then leave a situation where you're clearly not wanted....but the guaranteed money and lifestyle is too much to give a feck. Must be nice.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He played golf when injured :lol:
That's true actually. More specifically, he ignored doctors telling him playing golf while recovering could cause the injury to relapse. He ignored them, and then worsened the injury while playing golf

BalanceUnAutreJoint

What treatment he doesn't deserve minutes so he doesnt play that's it.

el3mel

His been captured laughing while covering his face with a mask and pretending to sleep after all the subs were used again with him not coming out.
Utter disgrace... :nervous:
Oh. Sanchez from his last few Arsenal days vibes.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cmon let's be real? After that final when Bales future was up in the open.
It was clear that Zidane and the club were trying to force him out.

Zidane came out and even said of him:
'There comes a time when things are done because they need to be done.

'I haven't got anything against him. The situation will change and it's for the best for everyone.'

I mean, what did the guy do to deserve that kind of statement? And if they comfortable saying that in public, I can only imagine what was said privately.

To my knowledge up to the point Bale got shut out, he was nothing but a professional and had a big hand in the CL success Real enjoyed. Coupled with the fact that even when it was clear Zidane didn't want him, he then was willing to go to China only for the club to demand a massive fee. You could say, deserve that, but the dynamic changes when it's your own player that you forcing out.

I'm not saying Bale is an angel, but surely the constant leaving on the bench, out the squad, when he was doing what any professional was doing. Eventually it becomes too much for anyone, and then each person needs to decide, do I get out and play my football elsewhere? Or stay and cash in what is not my fault?
Honestly, he has nothing left to prove, and is at that stage where the rest of his future is more important than pleasing "fans" and whoever else but leaving with "dignity".

I've probably left out a few things as well.
But the coach does not want him. We can argue if he is right or not but it is elite football and although he has been very important at some times he has been very disappointing at others, when he was not injured.

Of course he has the right to fulfill his contract, just like Jovic, who can be sitting on the bench for 4 years, but it is assumed that in these circumstances the player will look for a way out.

Even this summer Bale played a lot in preseason and early in the league. Zidane made it clear that he would treat him like the rest of the squad.
They didn't send him to train with Castilla.

He is criticized for playing golf because he has been injured countless times.
As @giorno has said, the club protected him a lot (and it is said that Zidane resigned -among other things-because the club did not sell him) and did not perform after Cristiano's departure.
As @Vicenterubio said, not speaking Spanish or leaving the stadium doesn't help his cause too much

SirAnderson

But the coach does not want him. We can argue if he is right or not but it is elite football and although he has been very important at some times he has been very disappointing at others, when he was not injured.

Of course he has the right to fulfill his contract, just like Jovic, who can be sitting on the bench for 4 years, but it is assumed that in these circumstances the player will look for a way out.

Even this summer Bale played a lot in preseason and early in the league. Zidane made it clear that he would treat him like the rest of the squad.
They didn't send him to train with Castilla.

He is criticized for playing golf because he has been injured countless times.
As @giorno has said, the club protected him a lot (and it is said that Zidane resigned -among other things-because the club did not sell him) and did not perform after Cristiano's departure.
As @Vicenterubio said, not speaking Spanish or leaving the stadium doesn't help his cause too much
Okay, I hear you, and this is then my fundamental point on this matter...
I agree that he has not be perfect as alluded to in my previous post.
And just like you accept, he has a right to see out his contract.

In the end, what I'm not liking is people calling him a disgrace and a the crap his getting for wanting to stay his contract out. If the manager uses him, great, if not, then don't include him in match day squads as if you plan to use him, it's clear that he has no intention to, so then keep him out of the squad entirely, rather than give him an opportunity to "smile" on the bench, which I hardly see a problem with, unless you losing.

In the end, I too would like him to go to another top club and win another trophy or end off on a high, but I can definitely not judge him if he is happy to see out his contract first and at 33 or 34 see if he can have a last hoorah.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In the end, what I'm not liking is people calling him a disgrace and a the crap his getting for wanting to stay his contract out. If the manager uses him, great, if not, then don't include him in match day squads as if you plan to use him, it's clear that he has no intention to, so then keep him out of the squad entirely, rather than give him an opportunity to "smile" on the bench, which I hardly see a problem with, unless you losing.
So we should pay him and freeze him out instead of treating him like any other player? Why?

SirAnderson

So we should pay him and freeze him out instead of treating him like any other player? Why?
Because as stated, Zidane clearly doesn't want him and doesn't want to play him. Naturally that's what you do when you don't want a player.
See zero point in putting someone on the bench you don't intend on playing.
Surely he can't be that useless. I agree he hasnt always taken his chances when given a start this season.
Look at what he said about James, when asked if he will be staying. "I don't know"
Clearly another one he (more rightfully) doesn't rate and will look to ship out asap. And it's clear that his chances are about up, cause I'd be surprised to see him get a start or a sub in with how many players Real have in his position.

Cloud7

It just looks bad for everyone. Madrid look terrible and Bale looks stupid. This is the club where he won things and his legacy is now going to be that of an idiot who antagonized the support.

Good for him if money is the only thing that matters and he feels aggrieved, but I think he will regret it when all is said and done.
The guy has 4 CL trophies, a La Liga, has been the talisman for his national team and led them to their best ever tournament performance (I may be wrong about this one). He’s had a better career than 99% of top level footballers. I doubt he’ll end up regretting anything.