What next for Gareth Bale?

Amerifan

Non-news story on the Beeb today about him being rested for a CL game. Has anything actually changed with him?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Still a very talented gem of a player
When's the last time you watched him? He's looked tragically bad the last few times I've seen him. Clearly he's not in the ideal environment but I see little evidence he'd lift a team like ours. Elite sport is decided on fine margins and once you lose that extra few % of drive, even a top player can suddenly become a very average player.

TheReligion

Abusive
When's the last time you watched him? He's looked tragically bad the last few times I've seen him. Clearly he's not in the ideal environment but I see little evidence he'd lift a team like ours. Elite sport is decided on fine margins and once you lose that extra few % of drive, even a top player can suddenly become a very average player.
Last league game? Thought he was pretty good?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
quote from his agent:

“It is said that he likes golf more than football, and it is true that he does not live the profession with the intensity of others, either on or off the pitch.”

Nuff said.
Surely that isn't a real quote!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Bale has been very important for them so far this season, even though his relationships with Zidane are probably unfixable. They won't sell him, especially with Hazard taking his time adjusting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's not

And this "he's angry and wants to leave now" story is obviously made up bs from as

He's probably the most content man in the whole of Madrid!
King's ransom salary, loves living there and the prestige of the team, and as long as he's getting on the pitch a bit here and there he'll see it out for years.

thepolice123

Everytime I watch him play he looks passive, completely lacking cutting edge and drive on the ball. Physically he has deteriorated too.

I think the key aspect which transformed him from a good player to a great one is his arrogance or "hubris". He is not exactly the most technically proficient player but he has the mantle to take up the challenges and solve problems on the pitch. Something which many of the attackers at Real are sorely lacking, including Hazard. A peak Bale is still the biggest matchwinner at Real.