What next for Mourinho?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's become (increasingly) precious - he thinks he'll always succeed so long as he's given the tools; when he doesn't get them, he flounces. It's a kind of denial, shored-up by ready-made excuses.

luke511

I wouldn't say he was a fraud. He had something special at one time, but he didn't adapt his philosophy and became out of date. His tactics and formations were overly cautious, to the point where teams in the bottom half of the table were outplaying us. He set us up so defensively that we were scared to cross the halfway line. Mourinho has lost his way, big-time.
He's a fraud in every department. Awful, has-been, cnut of a manager trying to elude people by constantly trying to remind them of his previous successes. Sabotaging the club's chance of winning to prove a point, for example, refusing to field genuine CBs and playing centre midfielders there instead to get a message across to Woodward. Maybe the whole purpose of it was so he would get sacked and receive a massive paycheck, which is the very definition of the word fraud. I'd have any current Premier League manager in charge of Utd over him, he's that shit at his job.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The worst thing about that is that many of our fans believed him
Few others.....Lukaku has to be the starting central forward no matter what.

And the lack of a Plan B with Fellaini dosen't seem to be hurting you that much atm.

AndyJ1985

Bayern wouldn't go near him, they have far too much sense to make that mistake.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Sky should get him on the Super Sunday panel. Would be glorious watching Souness and him trying to stomach a barnstorming performance from Pogba.

RedRJ

I doubt that he has enough credibility left to attract a major team from a major league, so I’d guess China on a huge contract.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This fraud have won more in england than all the current manager have win in England combined.

But yeah. He's a fraud
So did Wenger. Didn't stop all the abuse coming his way, some of it deserved but other aspects not.

Fabio Capello won an incredible amount in last 25 years but he's been washed up in his last few jobs.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This fraud have won more in england than all the current manager have win in England combined.

But yeah. He's a fraud
He's not a fraud. He was very good for a number of years. Now he is not and the evidence is that he still believes his methods to be the best. A position that seems demonstrably false at this time.

Moriarty

Mourinho isn't a fraud. At one time, he was one of the top five managers in the game. He may well return to that position but failing at Real and United doesn't look good on his CV and Jose isn't they type of person to reflect on his own failings. However. somebody will give him a job.

Mourinho isn't a fraud. At one time, he was one of the top five managers in the game. He may well return to that position but failing at Real and United doesn't look good on his CV and Jose isn't they type of person to reflect on his own failings. However. somebody will give him a job.
Top 5? At one time even SAF couldn't get the better of him. He was top 2 or 3 for years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you know exactly why Karanka left Nottingham? I was reading that he had differences with the board but were these differences so serious to quit in the middle of the season? Certainly not usual. The normal thing is that the coaches endure to receive the settlement.
I ask because as soon as the news came out, the Mourinhistas began to think about a return to Madrid working together

Nuts

It's not as simple as he either is or isn't a fraud. He definitely needs a favourable wind to do well and he'll feel he didn't get that at United.

I do find Ole's success pretty damming on Jose, though. No way would we have won the last 6 under Mourinho.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do you know exactly why Karanka left Nottingham? I was reading that he had differences with the board but were these differences so serious to quit in the middle of the season? Certainly not usual. The normal thing is that the coaches endure to receive the settlement.
I ask because as soon as the news came out, the Mourinhistas began to think about a return to Madrid working together
Karanka been on verge of sack for a while, seems he just had enough of the speculation and quit before he was pushed. Quite unlucky in my view as he showed at Boro given time he can get promoted out of this league.

Eric's Seagull

Agree with the majority of the post.
Although I personally feel for him to do well it it will be down to the chance of him going to a team who are in their prime and will put in the necessary graft or for him to be somewhere where he has the majority of experienced players in the squad and owners throw in a few hundred million for him to buy more players in their prime to cover his deficiencies of not being to adequately develop young players.

I think the previously mentioned scenarios are unlikely at the moment and I read a while ago he wants the Portugal job one day, although at that point I didn't think it might be until quite a bit later in his career.
Don't know about his chances of getting it but international football might be the break he needs from club football.

Also if he does well with the National Team it might make him a bit more of an attractive proposition should a big club come calling for him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Karanka been on verge of sack for a while, seems he just had enough of the speculation and quit before he was pushed. Quite unlucky in my view as he showed at Boro given time he can get promoted out of this league.
Well, he has to be very fed up and very sure of himself to leave without thinking about the money, let's hope it is not for a better offer :D

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I hope he goes back to Portugal and just stays below the radar, refocuses on making a team that shouldn't be doing miraculous things do them like he did with Porto.

He's much better with a smaller team than he is with the biggest and hopefully we won't hear from him as much because I'm sick and tired of the miserable cnut.

shahzy

But yeah. He's a fraud
Living in the past. You're only as good as your last job/match/game. A saying you must surely of heard. Mourinho has been shit for his last 3 jobs let alone last 1. A broken clock can be right once in a while is what mourinho is

Canagel

But yeah. He's a fraud
Today he's a fraud. The past is the past. For all the things he told the media and convinced fans our team couldn't do he was a fraud.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bayern wouldn't go near him, they have far too much sense to make that mistake.
Wouldn't say they have "too much sense" since their executives, especially Hoeneß and Salihamidzic come across as incompetent currently.

But Hoeneß denied Tuchel because of his polarizing character. He was also highly critical of Ancelotti, van Gaal and even Guardiola. No love for star managers or conceptual coachea. No way he will employ Mourinho, he is looking for a yes sayer grateful for the opportunity, just like Kovac. Stupid attitude but in this particular case it might be the best choice.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I can’t see a really top club backing him now unless it’s PSG but I think even they would have deep reservations now about him. I really thought he’d build the next great united team but he became totally unbearable and I’m so so glad he’s gone.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Either needs to go away and come back refreshed, with united being a distant memory, or drop down a level like benitez has. Only way i see him getting a top team is if he goes for the first option.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Mourinho isn't a fraud. At one time, he was one of the top five managers in the game. He may well return to that position but failing at Real and United doesn't look good on his CV
If being the only man to stop the greatest side ever from winning the league and winning the Europa League and league cup is failure than I don’t know what is success.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's become (increasingly) precious - he thinks he'll always succeed so long as he's given the tools; when he doesn't get them, he flounces. It's a kind of denial, shored-up by ready-made excuses.
This. We always knew he was a tit, but the amount of whinging this summer when he did not get his CB was unreal and then the preemptive "this is going to be a tough season" talk was illuminating. It also sheds some light on his conflict and constant digs at Wenger, who got by on a relative shoestring budget, while Jose acted like a entitled child

the_irish123

If being the only man to stop the greatest side ever from winning the league and winning the Europa League and league cup is failure than I don’t know what is success.
He failed at Madrid. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise and I can't believe how many times I read this horrible take here

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I can see him step into the PSG managerial role when we inevitably beat them at OT. The return leg at Parc des Princes would be the stuff of wet dreams for the media.

ArjenIsM3

The thing with Mourinho is he simply has an expiration date. He won us some prizes and managed to finish second with a squad that should've been fourth, but after that it all went downhill. Fast. Not the first time it happened either. The infamous third season syndrome struck again init.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I would be shocked if any big team hires him. His friend mentioning Bayern is hilarious. No chance they would touch him.

Madrid seems to be investing in young, upcoming players, so I doubt Perez would hire him to develop those young lads. I also doubt PSG would want his kind of football. I'd imagine he would fall out with Neymar within a month.

He's been completely exposed at United for what kind of coach he is now - none of it attractive.

I'm very interested to see what happens when it finally dawns on him that he's no longer able to attract a big club. That's going to drive him crazy with the ego he has.