What next for Mourinho?

haram

Jose has always publically slated the french league saying it's no challenge and the quality is low. It'll be a pretty damning verdict of how far he's fallen if he takes a job there.
The challenge is low if you are managing PSG.

Giggsyking

He should look for jobs like Burnley and Huddersfield, these clubs fits his football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
it wasn't long ago he was scoffing leagues where a team dominates
It's strange because I would understand why he wouldn't want to manage Juventus, Bayern or PSG but the argument doesn't work if you have the opportunity to manage Lyon, Inter or Schalke. These are challenging opportunity since you are going to compete against at least one team better and richer than you are. That's why I have zero respect for managers and players that use that type of arguments, for me they are simply justifying the fact that they prefer to manage rich clubs, in rich leagues because it gives them an easier opportunity to win silverware and money.

If Mourinho was great and wanted to make a statement he would join an italian, german or french club and try to durably dethrone PSG, Bayern and Juventus.

Member 115509

Bayern Munich in the summer possibly according to the BBC gossip column today.

the chameleon

Even pr struggling to spin.
His PR efforts to link himself to potential are a joke. He never even thinks that there’s someone else in that seat. Let’s just link myself to a job through my pr team.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Most people probably knew this would happen except him. He might just now realise he's run out of options - at least for the very top level jobs.

This is why I was so puzzled when he started his usual crap behaviour at United when it was literally his very last opportunity to coach a top club.

clarkydaz

It's strange because I would understand why he wouldn't want to manage Juventus, Bayern or PSG but the argument doesn't work if you have the opportunity to manage Lyon, Inter or Schalke. These are challenging opportunity since you are going to compete against at least one team better and richer than you are. That's why I have zero respect for managers and players that use that type of arguments, for me they are simply justifying the fact that they prefer to manage rich clubs, in rich leagues because it gives them an easier opportunity to win silverware and money.

If Mourinho was great and wanted to make a statement he would join an italian, german or french club and try to durably dethrone PSG, Bayern and Juventus.
Yes it would be a huge comeback if he did take an underdog. He did pretty much give up as United manager saying cant compete with City, which says where he is in his career now

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Most people probably knew this would happen except him. He might just now realise he's run out of options - at least for the very top level jobs.

This is why I was so puzzled when he started his usual crap behaviour at United when it was literally his very last opportunity to coach a top club.
Nature. Your nature will always come out when you are under pressure. A 56 year old man can never change the way he behaves .

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nature. Your nature will always come out when you are under pressure. A 56 year old man can never change the way he behaves .
Yep, and no top club wants to be bothered with his behaviour as they know he can't adapt. Unfortunately for him, United exposes you completely.

There will still be big opportunities for him to manage another Top club.But he may need to continue sitting on his hands for the time being.
Give it a couple of months into the new season and a big job will eventually open up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There will still be big opportunities for him to manage another Top club.But he may need to continue sitting on his hands for the time being.
Give it a couple of months into the new season and a big job will eventually open up.
Yeah. A big club will always end up in a desperate situation where he looks to be a saviour. Look at Chelsea and Madrid fans chanting his name a few weeks ago.

Eleven-Eighteen

Tbf it was really harsh, what have Burnley or Huddersfield done to deserve that dig?
Jeez!

Reading posts here, one would be led to believe that Mourinho deliberately sabotaged this club

The hyperbole makes this one a funny post though...ill give you that

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Jeez!

Reading posts here, one would be led to believe that Mourinho deliberately sabotaged this club

The hyperbole makes this one a funny post though...ill give you that
Even if he did not intend to, he was sabotaging the club

tieunhilang

International Break is over. If Real Madrid continues to fall into trouble, I can see Perez being desperate enough.
I'm not even joking. This smells like something Real Madrid would indeed pull off. And Mourinho would finally get to manage Gareth Bale too.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't think any elite level club will want him. I'd be very surprised if Bayern wanted to take him, they seem far too sensible in every way to bring Jose in.

I'm not sure what'll happen with him really, I can't see him managing a club that isn't top bracket or close to it.

More importantly than anything else he needs to work on his mindset, his demeanor and general approach. But I don't think he will.

The Firestarter

International Break is over. If Real Madrid continues to fall into trouble, I can see Perez being desperate enough.
I'm not even joking. This smells like something Real Madrid would indeed pull off. And Mourinho would finally get to manage Gareth Bale too.
I take it you were in hibernation for a few months and missed Zidane returning to Madrid?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm not surprised he wants PSG. He desperately needs to look good, so the league will do that for him, as much as the French league can anyway, and he'll have a quality squad well set up to playing very carefully in the CL with a fast counter. Having that fast counter with Neymar, Di Maria, Mbappe will surely get decent results so he'd have a good chance at it working.

Kapardin

Even pr struggling to spin.
In theory, only PSG could be gullible to consider him. Unfortunately for Jose, Tuchel does seem to have created a good perception of himself at the club despite the CL failure. They will give him another season. They didn't even sack Emery after the Remontada disaster.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In theory, only PSG could be gullible to consider him. Unfortunately for Jose, Tuchel does seem to have created a good perception of himself at the club despite the CL failure. They will give him another season. They didn't even sack Emery after the Remontada disaster.
What makes you think that PSG are particularly gullible?

Kapardin

What makes you think that PSG are particularly gullible?
Gullible, as in they have made historically wrong choices. Emery wasn't a fit for them, especially with the likes of Neymar in the squad. Buying Neymar itself probably won't work out as his heart isn't in Paris; it hasn't so far. In that sense, them hiring Mourinho wouldn't be surprising.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

The big clubs are about 10-12. Barca Madrid Juve, Bayern United PSG City Chelsea Inter Arsenal Liverpool

He has coached about 4 of them already and burnt the bridge badly at 3. While at those clubs he created immense enmity with another 4(Barca Juve City Arsenal) and his attitude and style of play will turn off the other 3(Bayern, PSG, Liverpool) unless they are very desperate. The other clubs below this tier are not rich enough to fit his dream move where he can spend money and have control

Yes it would be a huge comeback if he did take an underdog. He did pretty much give up as United manager saying can't compete with City, which says where he is in his career now
The United job broke him in many ways, His dream job, Everything he has always claimed to be a master at, That the EPL was his domain, made Guardiola his lifetime enemy. Guardiola came to meet him on his turf and humiliated him in the same City.

Minimalist

The United job broke him in many ways, His dream job, Everything he has always claimed to be a master at, That the EPL was his domain, made Guardiola his lifetime enemy. Guardiola came to meet him on his turf and humiliated him in the same City.
Madrid broke him years before.

Also think this 'dream job' scenario with United is something that was fabricated years ago with little basis. He had absolutely no love for this club if you watched his tenure here.