What next for Ryan Giggs?

Wilt

Says he wants to return to football.

Don’t think an immediate return to management is on the cards, but given his experience could prove to be a valuable asset as backroom staff for the next couple of years.

stevoc

Says he wants to return to football. Non football matters aside, in what role?

Don’t think an immediate return to management is on the cards, but given his experience could prove to be a valuable asset as backroom staff for the next couple of years.
I don't imagine he'll be back at United any time soon.

youngrell

Maybe something at Salford if he can’t get anything better.

If he wants to aim a lot higher, he’d probably need to be an AM who steps in to be the manager later on.

redmanx

Giggs left court without a criminal record but with his reputation well and truly and for ever shredded. We should remember his performances and his love for United but his actions and misbehaviour towards women over many, many years can never be forgotten or forgiven and he should never be welcome at Old Trafford again. Its very sad how his great career has been tarnished but being a great football player and hero to millions cannot excuse such crass, sadistic and mysogynistic behaviour.

acnumber9

Giggs left court without a criminal record but with his reputation well and truly and for ever shredded. We should remember his performances and his love for United but his actions and misbehaviour towards women over many, many years can never be forgotten or forgiven and he should never be welcome at Old Trafford again. Its very sad how his great career has been tarnished but being a great football player and hero to millions cannot excuse such crass, sadistic and mysogynistic behaviour.
We have a statue of George Best outside the stadium.

Wilt

Why is this in the United forum?
TBH wasn’t sure myself, but swayed as “Giggs trial” thread was in Utd forum.

**Mod’s please move to football forum if need?

Conor

Well he's scientifically proven to be innocent, so he should really get the 11 back.

klayton88

Probably murder. He's tapped and has an extremely horrible way with women and rejection.

Bocca9978

Don’t think he’ll get anything right now, maybe next season?
Was doing well for Wales when it all started. Be good to see him back.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I'm sure a championship team would take him, he was doing well with Wales.
Not sure he has it in him, he doesn't come across particularly charismatic in interviews, but I'd love to see him do well and get a gig in the PL

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He will get something at some point. But it won’t be easy to get your players’ respect when your personal life is an open book due to the court hearing.

Nickelodeon

Quiet retirement should be ideal for him. But since the world is pretty much the same for rich men, I'm sure he'll wind up with a manager/coaching gig one way or the other.

Cloud7

United always have need for another left winger and our number 11 is (I believe) free

Superden

He will get something at some point. But it won’t be easy to get your players’ respect when your personal life is an open book due to the court hearing.
really? i dont think most players give a shit.

Wheato

Banging fit women, then dumping them for another, then another, then another. Rinse and repeat.

el3mel

Says he wants to return to football.

No way. Football legend but I don't want him near the club again.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Medals>morals right?!
Well I think we've been finding out that a lot of pro-footballers aren't that big on morals, you see that in every game on the pitch never mind off it

JediSith

Giggs is a proper snake. Even without the criminal allegations which he’s been acquitted of so I can’t judge. The whole affair with his brother’s wife for several years and then turning the mum against the brother when the affair got exposed shows that he’s a despicable human being that doesn’t respect anything. You can’t trust someone like that. As soon as it suits him he’ll screw you over.

But 40 plus years ago Doc got sacked for sleeping with the physios wife. Today Giggs gets a pass for doing something much more treacherous.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Giggs is a proper snake. Even without the criminal allegations which he’s been acquitted of so I can’t judge. The whole affair with his brother’s wife for several years and then turning the mum against the brother when the affair got exposed shows that he’s a despicable human being that doesn’t respect anything. You can’t trust someone like that. As soon as it suits him he’ll screw you over.

But 40 plus years ago Doc got sacked for sleeping with the physios wife. Today Giggs gets a pass for doing something much more treacherous.
Sleeping with a work colleague's wife is gonna get you sacked in a lot of jobs even today never mind 40 years ago

foolsgold

He's done. I don't see any club touching him. Best case scenario, he goes somewhere quiet and spends his money.

lex talionis

The alleged issues are too substantial to expect him to return to professional football. Best that he live a quiet life out of the public eye.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Why? I doubt legally one could be sacked for such a thing alone, at least not by any reputable employer.
Alone probably not but they'd find something to make it happen, tiny infractions they'd not normally bother with

Whatever he does I hope its nothing to do with us. Forget the latest court case, he's a proper scumbag.

freddie the red

For all his professional achievements, accolades and honours all I feel when his name gets mentioned is disdain for this horrible bloke.
His on field endeavours would have cast iron guaranteed his being the first name in the PL Hall of Fame, his off field activities have rightly made him an outcast, hopefully never to be seen near football again.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
For all his professional achievements, accolades and honours all I feel when his name gets mentioned is disdain for this horrible bloke.
His on field endeavours would have cast iron guaranteed his being the first name in the PL Hall of Fame, his off field activities have rightly made him an outcast, hopefully never to be seen near football again.
John Terry is in the PL hall of fame and is still around football and he's a racist scumbag. Giggs will be back in football soon, probably another international gig as he was doing a good job with Wales before the arrest.

wolvored

John Terry is in the PL hall of fame and is still around football and he's a racist scumbag. Giggs will be back in football soon, probably another international gig as he was doing a good job with Wales before the arrest.
He might get a job back in football, but I dont think it will be in the UK. Too much baggage with him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
By returning to football I hope he means selling bobblehead toys of famous players

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sports Personality of the Year.

Or if bbc have their quota of pandering to unacceptable men filled, there's always co host of This Morning.