What next for Ryan Giggs?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wonder if he is ever going to get in to that PL hall of fame now?
If he doesn’t get it for winning 13 Premier League titles I can’t see how he will get it for managing Salford.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I was merely pointing out that wherever Best went, there were always people trying to get a piece of him. I met him in a betting shop near Green Park tube in 1981 or so. I walked up to him and smiled and told him I was there on the night he scored the winner against Real and how it was one of the greatest nights of my young life. We chatted for a few minutes about football and United and then he left. He asked if I wanted an autograph but I told him I still had the one he signed for me when I was 11.
Not trying to have a dig at you at all mate and i know you weren't trying to have one at Best yourself, I just think the younger fan would think you were tarring with something they'd nearly think he did and in my opinion he absolutely didn't do.

doughole

Sadly Giggs, for all his achievements, has turned out to be toxic.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Never trust anyone who has plenty of chest hair when he looks like he is not hairy in real life in the world (not in football).

thisisnottaken1

It’s such a shame that as a person he’s a cnut, because he was such a great player for us and one of the best in our history.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wonder if he is ever going to get in to that PL hall of fame now?
Not being funny in any way but how many people even think of the hall of fame?

Seems pointless to me. Totally understand if others like the concept but my memories are my hall of fame don't need an official thing.

Bobski

Not being funny in any way but how many people even think of the hall of fame?

Seems pointless to me. Totally understand if others like the concept but my memories are my hall of fame don't need an official thing.
Not many I would guess, actually had to check if they were still doing it when I asked the question.

Goes without saying however that if you are going to do something like this and unofficially exclude a player who would obviously be among the first players in if was purely footballing career that it will stand out.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not many I would guess, actually had to check if they were still doing it when I asked the question.

Goes without saying however that if you are going to do something like this and unofficially exclude a player who would obviously be among the first players in if was purely footballing career that it will stand out.
If I cared about a HOF he has to be in there with his career. Maybe just not make a song and dance about inducting him.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
What the actual feck is wrong with you people. Ryan Giggs is a complete club legend, I couldn't give a rats ass who he shags, he's our most legendary player that's ever lived.
I'm sorry but I get that sheep follow the herd etc but come on calling giggsy scum etc, he's not a fecking criminal like Gerrard.

Fabio Rochemback

What the actual feck is wrong with you people. Ryan Giggs is a complete club legend, I couldn't give a rats ass who he shags, he's our most legendary player that's ever lived.
I'm sorry but I get that sheep follow the herd etc but come on calling giggsy scum etc, he's not a fecking criminal like Gerrard.
People aren't upset with him for shagging around, he has been accused of much worse than that.

Lowkey

why do you lot hold footballers as role models? they kick a ball for a living. Judge them on that. And realise 90% of footballers get up to all kind of nonsense. You just dont hear about it and it is whether you get caught or not. When you come from nothing and then start to get 50-400k a week then you do stupid things.

In short, Giggs is a legend and does not get the credit he deserves for his outstanding achievments in football

Oranges038

Since when should people be judged based on allegations alone? Especially if they have been found not guilty.
Well, technically he wasn't found not guilty in court. The jury didn't reach a verdict the first time round. There was supposed to be a retrial but it went away because the other side didn't want to do it all over again.

Giggs was a great player, people shouldn't really hold his personal life against him when it comes to his quality as footballer.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
why do you lot hold footballers as role models? they kick a ball for a living. Judge them on that. And realise 90% of footballers get up to all kind of nonsense. You just dont hear about it and it is whether you get caught or not. When you come from nothing and then start to get 50-400k a week then you do stupid things.

In short, Giggs is a legend and does not get the credit he deserves for his outstanding achievments in football
Maybe people don't want to facilitate footballers receiving 50-400k to do stupid and awful things hence when they are caught doing they protest against it.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Would you apply the same logic to Jimmy Savile?
Giggs was accused of hitting his ex girlfriend and her sister, it's not even comparable to Jimmy Saville. What a ridiculous comparison.

Maradona, Best, Ronaldo, Messi, Cannavaro, Kluivert, Tony Adams and Ian Wright were all caught up in criminal proceedings and accusations in the past.

I don't see their legacy or legend status being questions and they are all (some far more than others) admired by millions of football fans.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Giggs was accused of hitting his ex girlfriend and her sister, it's not even comparable to Jimmy Saville. What a ridiculous comparison.

Maradona, Best, Ronaldo, Messi, Cannavaro, Kluivert, Tony Adams and Ian Wright were all caught up in criminal proceedings and accusations in the past.

I don't see their legacy or legend status being questions and they are all (some far more than others) admired by millions of football fans.
Why is it so important to you where other peoples moral compass resides?

Personally I lost all respect for him as a person with the whole shagging his brothers wife for years, that's even without the other allegations that came out later.

It's fine if you can look past all that shit, he was still a great footballer, just turns out he's also a massive cnut too.

MegadrivePerson

You literally said "Since when should people be judged based on allegations alone? Especially if they have been found not guilty"

Being found guilty or not plays no part on my opinion of Giggs. He was obviously a great football player, but is a disgusting vile human being.

Bobski

I am really not that bothered about the sleeping with his brothers wife thing, it is classless but most people are selfish cnuts and I have heard of worse from within my circle of acquaintances, infidelity is rife. The hypocrisy stands out to me.

Rio was accused of carrying on a 13 year affair with a former girlfriend while also having loads of others affairs with models, no-one cares. Beckham fecks Rebecca Loos, and who knows how many others, no-one cares, both still media darlings. Lets not even start on the things Cristiano has been accused of. So pretty clearly infidelity is not that big of a deal, but the betrayal of a family member is, but not really if it is just a wife or husband, or if we want to like you.

Fitchett

Just think if you hold Giggs out for "Moral reasons", can't be legal given the outcome of his trial, then how do the likes of Tony Adams, who spent 2 months inside for drink driving get in?
It was said in his defence that he was only trying to get the wall back 10 yards.

arthurka

Shit husband and a boyfriend, terrible brother but a legit superstar of a player.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Why is it so important to you where other peoples moral compass resides?

Personally I lost all respect for him as a person with the whole shagging his brothers wife for years, that's even without the other allegations that came out later.

It's fine if you can look past all that shit, he was still a great footballer, just turns out he's also a massive cnut too.
This. I find it weird that people can just brush that off. It’s horrendous behaviour.

ryansgirl

Sadly Ryan turned into his old man who mistreated Ryan`s mother enough for him to talk about it in his autobiography. If you recognise how wrong something is but then go and do similar then it does say something significant about your character or lack of it.

However, he is an utter footballing legend and generational talent. Had Ryan gone to Europe he would have been paid far more and have an even bigger status in top flight football history. The `outrage` about his affair with Rodri`s wife has become absurd, talking about Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of people around who would be comfortable with morality police judging by their over-reaction to the affair.

Given all the scandals of people in the limelight that have come to public attention over the decades, the Ryan-Rodri-Rodri`s wife saga shouldn`t be so triggering. Paul McCartney is a musical legend and from many if not all accounts a good bloke but his past is littered with incidents such as orgies with under-age girls that only John Lennon was honest enough to talk about.

And don`t forget that Sir Paul apparently was a nice naive old chap who didn`t know his ex wife`s pre-Paul life and was `shocked` enough for his contacts to leak photos that strangely enough embarrassed her and fed into the narrative that she was some kind of whore who took advantage of him. And there are literally hundreds more examples of famous people doing all sorts of things that are far worse yet apparently Ryan being a cheater and a control freak brings out the morality police in some people.

As for Rhodri and the mother - maybe she came to realise that there is something still very odd about his not suspecting his wife was having an affair with his brother. That was bizarre and still is.

Spoony

The People's President
Sadly Ryan turned into his old man who mistreated Ryan`s mother enough for him to talk about it in his autobiography. If you recognise how wrong something is but then go and do similar then it does say something significant about your character or lack of it.

However, he is an utter footballing legend and generational talent. Had Ryan gone to Europe he would have been paid far more and have an even bigger status in top flight football history. The `outrage` about his affair with Rodri`s wife has become absurd, talking about Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of people around who would be comfortable with morality police judging by their over-reaction to the affair.

Given all the scandals of people in the limelight that have come to public attention over the decades, the Ryan-Rodri-Rodri`s wife saga shouldn`t be so triggering. Paul McCartney is a musical legend and from many if not all accounts a good bloke but his past is littered with incidents such as orgies with under-age girls that only John Lennon was honest enough to talk about.

And don`t forget that Sir Paul apparently was a nice naive old chap who didn`t know his ex wife`s pre-Paul life and was `shocked` enough for his contacts to leak photos that strangely enough embarrassed her and fed into the narrative that she was some kind of whore who took advantage of him. And there are literally hundreds more examples of famous people doing all sorts of things that are far worse yet apparently Ryan being a cheater and a control freak brings out the morality police in some people.

As for Rhodri and the mother - maybe she came to realise that there is something still very odd about his not suspecting his wife was having an affair with his brother. That was bizarre and still is.

I don't think Paul McCartney played for United. Jimmy Saville however....

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There are literally hundreds more examples of famous people doing all sorts of things that are far worse yet apparently Ryan being a cheater and a control freak brings out the morality police in some people.
A lot of people watched Giggs break through as a kid and have an incredible career over two decades, all the while he was a fantastic pro who just kept his head down and stayed out of the tabloids. There's a (utterly one way) relationship of sorts there which doesn't exist for most celebs.

There's a feeling of being "let down" by him that many people have that doesn't apply when some actor or musician does something similar or worse.

As for being the "morality police", he was shagging his brothers wife for years, it's a really shitty thing to do and not some drunken lapse in judgement that would be easier to understand.

tomaldinho1

Haha your username + this post

I don't get how you can't think he's scummy for what he did with his brother, it's just fecking weird. Especially as a rich footballer who wouldn't be short of women wanting to get with him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Poster called Ryansgirl makes random long post defending Giggs. Makes sense

just think, if you had been his girl, you may have got head butted and cheated on too

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)

Fecking weird post.

PeteRae

There is a recent video on the Webbey youtube channel where he talks about Ratcliffe and the changes at the club. I can’t post the link here.

Wazzaduke33

Says he wants to return to football.

Don’t think an immediate return to management is on the cards, but given his experience could prove to be a valuable asset as backroom staff for the next couple of years.
Why would you want this scumbag anywhere near our club ?