What now for Chelsea ?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Depending on who you believe there are a few players who might be on their way out of Stamford Brdige this close season.

Drogba, Lampard, Carvalho to name but 3 vital players, as well as the selling of some of their fringe players (again, depending on who you listen to) could be on thier way out.

Are they going to expereience a couple of transistion years like we did for a few years or will they buy their way too the top in an un-rivaled spending spree ?

If there is going to be a slow transistion then I can see the next couple of years being very good for us.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Rikkjard in, Grant moves into the management side.

Drogba out, Eto'o or some other foreign overpriced import in.

SWP, Ben Haim, Pizzaro, Sidwell, Shevchenko out. Think Bridge and Ferreira may request out as well. I figure if Milan or Real come sniffing for Carvalho he'll bolt as well. They have Alex ready to step in.

They'll spend upwards of 100m this summer IMO.

Lot 49

Doom
They will spend very heavily imo. Abramovich won't have liked winning nothing this year and I can see a new manager and a return to those summers of his first two years with £100m being spent on new players.

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
I have no idea, they was in the Title race up until the last day and one penalty away from winning the CL. What sort of effect is that going to have?

Romans spent a lot of money for Chelsea to achieve feck all.

I think he is going to bring in a top quality manager but his first job will be to trim the squad of expensive failures, who knows though

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
It wont be slow they will spend outrageous amounts of money and be our main rivals for dominance again next season

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It all is still hinged on Roman. This is the testing time for any fan. Don't think he will pack it in just yet, he will have another ago with possibly a completely new set up. Mass exodus is very much a good possibility at Chelsea.

REd FUn DevIl

Their priority should be to keep the main players together.

If some of them move it will be the fall of Chelsea.

They really are a pretty solid team and were pretty close to win yesterday.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Their priority should be to keep the main players together.

If some of them move it will be the fall of Chelsea.

They really are a pretty solid team and were pretty close to win yesterday.
I think Drogba is as good as gone.

If Carvalho and Lampard follow him out the door then Chelsea are in big trouble next season as far as i am concerned.

If there is to be the exodus of players, they won't bounce back straight away next season, it'll take time for them I reckon, they've had 4 good years at it now and still not come away with the one they want, however it shouldn't be forgotten that they have won the league twice in that time and came VERY close to winning it this season.

I don't think there is another manager on earth other than Mourinho that could of got them across the line.

Crustanoid

Abramovich will sink another few hundred million of his corrupt oil money into the signing of Kakaesque players....ruin a few brilliant careers.....buy some shitty blue and whitwe flags and pay more people to be fans

Chris H

Video Posting God
I predict many players out, many players in. High net spend.

They will buy their way back into second place.

Ekeke

New manager with Grant moving upstairs.

Drogba leaving, Eto'o replacing him.

2 others leaving, 2 replacing them.

Perhaps Wright Phillips or Malouda and Shevchenko out and a new winger and new striker in. Berbatov perhaps. And Bentley or a winger who does exceptionally well at the Euros.

M160RA

They'll make quite a bit of money selling off players. They have a huge squad of players who could interest other clubs with money to spend.

They'll make a few big purchases, and I reckon they'll still be pretty solid next season. They'll continue to be small time cnuts as well.

ave fenix

I love being right.Two seasons ago,people were telling me that united's time was up and Chelsea was the new dominant force and I told them...give them two seasons and you should see United dominate again.Now I'm happy to be right.

manutdpuer

I think the ramifications of Chelsea loosing are far worse than many on this forum are predicting (for them of course). Several key, irreplaceable, players will leave. Drogba is going to be hard to replace for Chelsea because he fits in perfectly for their system. Carvalho is most likely gone, equally hard to replace. After the 568 million pounds that Abromovich has invested, he has very little to show for it. He has a club in the red, only two titles and not the coveted Champions League. He will be hesistent to keep pouring money into them and I believe he will move on to a new pastime. He has tried hockey, soccer in Russia and other ventures. He has a new girlfriend, he's buying art. I think the final was make or break, and I think we will see Chelsea try and stand on its on two feet financially, and it will slip into a mid table team. Their glory days are over.... MARK MY WORDS!!! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!

Bearded but no genius

Yeah, there are going to be a lot of changes.

Some big people will go, they will probably hold onto Lampard. The rest of the squad will be rebuilt big time, and the new manager will have a big cheque book.

I'm betting it will be the Inter manager who will take over.

surf

It would help Chelsea if a better manager than Grant took over and put Essien back into midfield, possibly partnered by Ballack and Lampard.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I hope we dont waste time in getting the players we want before chelsea snap them all up.

December_16

Don't really care about the player, but I'm kinda excited to see who's gonna take over that soulless thing called a club. Someone with guts and characters or someone who is willing to bend over for Roman

Lot 49

Doom
Told You So

Sky Sports said:
Peter Kenyon has declared Chelsea are set for a summer shopping spree in order to land the 'star' names required to bridge the gap to Manchester United.

Chelsea narrowly missed out to United by two points in the Premier League title race and the Blues also suffered penalty shoot-out heartbreak against the same opponents in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final.

The failure to land a trophy this season has heaped pressure on manager Avram Grant and chief executive Kenyon has admitted his disappointment at finishing behind United.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is now expected to make available a £100million transfer kitty and Kenyon has revealed the club are only looking to bring in big names, with the likes of Milan playmaker Kaka and Real Madrid ace Robinho thought to be prime targets.

"We will be bringing in a couple of players," Kenyon said in the Daily Express.

"But we are looking at a very thin market from a quality point of view, and it's realistic to say we're only looking at a small number of players.

"We're looking at players who have the potential to be star names. When you look at what we've already got, are they better than that?

"Manchester United set the benchmark for transfer fees last year. I didn't expect them to go out and spend that much.

"But what this season has proved is that we have a squad of real depth. It's more about tweaking than a rebuild.

"Three months ago, we were involved in four competitions, six weeks ago we were still in two and we got knocked out of the last one.

"It's disappointing from that point of view, but we're going to regroup from that and come back better next season.

"It's been an interesting season, but you don't like finishing second and as runners-up. Given the standards we've set at the club, that's not something we've settled for."

Kenyon is also confident Chelsea will be able to keep hold of their top players this summer, despite speculation that Didier Drogba is heading for Milan and that Internazionale have set their sights on Frank Lampard.

"We're pretty confident that the players we want to keep, we'll keep," Kenyon concluded.
I would bet a lot that Chelsea will break the transfer fee record this summer that's stood since 2001. We'll see the first £50m player this summer imo.

And I really hope it's not Robinho btw, it's pretty obvious who Madrid would chase if they were given a massive wad of cash and a slot opened up in an attacking position.

Anduin

Players out: Drogba, Carvalho, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, Pizarro, Sidwell, Ben-Haim, Belletti
Other Possibilities: Malouda, Lampard, Cudicini (if he ever wants to be first choice again)

They'll make a good amount of money in the transfer market as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Worst possible scenario is they keep it the same and get world class wingers/ attacking midfielders. Essien and Ballack are quite awesome in midfield.