What shirt number will Ronaldo choose?

choccy77

As it stands, number 7 is officially tied to Cavani under Premiership rules, so what number will Ronaldo take?

I'd love him to wear 77

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
28. The number he wanted when he first joined and his first ever number for Sporting

dalriada

As it stands, number 7 is officially tied to Cavani under Premiership rules, so what number will Ronaldo take?

I'd love him to wear 77
A whole lot of squad numbers have recently been handed out to the U21 squad taking part in the EFL Trophy, so 77 is allocated to Mateo Mejia.
The MEN saying that the EPL can grant special permission to waive the rules, although I can't see that anywhere. So unless someone leaves, the only numbers not in use are 12, 24, 32, 40, 42, 55, 61, 63, 67, 76, 79, 80 then numbers 82 and above. Not sure about using numbers of players who are out on loan - it's been done in the past (Mata took 8 off Anderson), but can't see any reference to it in the rules.

Castia

Think he will take the 28 but most fans will still go with CR7 on their tops (me included)

TsuWave

Hopefully he gets the 7. If not, 77 would be a decent alternative

Jibbs

I wouldn't mind selling Cavani just to give Ronaldo number 7.

DoomSlayer

This the PL. It's Cristiano Ronaldo and Man Utd.

In typical pen pusher style they will go out of their way to deny it.
Ronaldo is too much of a financial pull for the PL to play games in the current economic situation. It's a win-win, Ronaldo basically owns the number 7 at this point.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
The PL will allow him to wear his #7. He's a returnee and not an ordinary player. It's special circumstances and I think they'll approve it.

JB7

This the PL. It's Cristiano Ronaldo and Man Utd.

In typical pen pusher style they will go out of their way to deny it.
Rightly so. It'd be fecking ridiculous to strip a player of their number after the season has started.

NICanRed

Sell Cavani to (our friends at) Salford. Give Ronny 7. Buy Cavani back the next day. Problem solved.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
77, with first letter in white text (or same colour as the shirts), so it would appear it is single letter 7.