What should the punishment be for Manchester City?

OldSchoolManc

In the light of the recent allegations, if an investigation proves it to be true, what is a suitable punishment for Man City?
We’ve seen Rangers and Juventus relegated a few leagues before. Is this as bad?

SER19

Champions league ban 3 years.

Absolutely nothing will happen. Maybe a fine that looks big on paper. Money rules all.

Dolf

Of course it's true. Their punishment will be that the owners have to pay more to some corrupt men at FIFA.

CA1

Ban from any UEFA competition for a number of years.

Less wealthy clubs in Turkey and Eastern Europe have been banned for far, far less.

klsv

Relegate them to the National League North so we'd have Manchester derby between City and FCUM.

Rooney24

Financial penalty will mean nothing.

Has to be a ban, a big one as well. Its the only thing that will bring clubs into line and will also demonstrate if UEFA are serious about FFP or not.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
They must hire Roy Hodgson as manager for the next decade

Sylar

A financial penalty always is funny on these sort of cases.

You lot are spending waaaay too much which means you will not be sustainable / its bad business.
So... spend more on a fine.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
In the light of the recent allegations, if an investigation proves it to be true, what is a suitable punishment for Man City?
We’ve seen Rangers and Juventus relegated a few leagues before. Is this as bad?
Juve has been relegated for other reasons, far more serious.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A fine for a club that has unlimited money and being punished for trying to hide just how much money it has would be a very UEFA thing to do. A real life "Well here's a whole carton of cigarettes!" moment.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Relegation. Quite drastic, but the only way to upset these sort of owners. That would not look good for their 'image', which is all they're concerned with anyway.
Plus fines are nothing to them as they can pay whatever it amounts to.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
They have to give all their players away to Premier League clubs in a snake draft and play their youth team for the rest of the season.

acnumber9

Stripped of their 2012 and 2018 titles and forced to sell their best players to the team that finished second in those years. Whoever they might be.

Johan07

They have not broken any PL-governed legislation/rules so I guess any punishment would be limited to their participation in UEFA-competitions.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
€100 million to UEFA in public while they clink champagne glasses and laugh it off in private.

Rotten cnuts.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Compulsory half time comedy routines by celebrity fan Eddie Large at every home match.

Only away supporters will be allowed to escape to the concourse where free beer will be served.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Docked a combined 22 points across all of their Premier League winning seasons, split one point for 2011/12, one point for 2013/14, and 20 points for 2017/18. Banned from Europe for 10 years. Banned from making any incoming transfers (including loans) for 10 years. Relegated to League 2.

LARulz

Nothing is going to happen as they did it with UEFA/FIFA's blessing almost. Maybe a fine to make it seem like they took it seriously but it'll be peanuts and given back after somehow

SuperiorXI

Red hot poker up the arse to all fans, board members and owners followed by disbanding of club and donation of all wages for next 10 years to random local charities.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
30 strokes with a 9-tailed whip for everyone involved with that club.

JohnnyKills

It's not about the punishment. The horse has already bolted. City have used the Sheikh's sponsorship to build a ridiculously good squad and they'll probably continue to dominate over the next five years without even having to break the rules again.

The real question is 'how are we going to prevent this kind of thing happening again?' Unfortunately we can't kick the oil barons out of football as they're in now, and you can't just seize a company no matter how unsavoury the owners are.

Some options might be:

• The appointment of external accountants to all European top-division clubs to monitor their accounts.
  • A salary cap across all European leagues.
  • The exclusion of City and PSG from the new super league.
None of these is really feasible but might be good starting points for debate. It seems the other elite clubs have had enough now so hopefully they'll take some action themselves.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If the punishment is meant to serve as a warning to everyone else then of course it cannot be financial. It has to be severe. Same for PSG.

I'd strip them of all titles won since colluding with insiders on how to make a mockery of the rules.

The oil sheikhs are too well ingrained within FIFA and UEFA, who are far too corrupt themselves. The right palms will be greased and they'll get away with something that sounds grand but is effectively meaningless.

Probably a transfer ban until 16th May.

Siorac

Stripped of their 2012 and 2018 titles and forced to sell their best players to the team that finished second in those years. Whoever they might be.
Yes but not 2014. They should keep that as that particular season was fair and within the rules.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yes but not 2014. They should keep that as that particular season was fair and within the rules.
I solved that problem. 22 points docked across 2011/12, 2013/14 and 2017/18, split 1, 1, 20, as is fair and just.

Siorac

I solved that problem. 22 points docked across 2011/12, 2013/14 and 2017/18, split 1, 1, 20, as is fair and just.
I looked long and hard but cannot find any fault with that at all.

AbduRaheem

I say a money fine would be pointless as money means nothing to the top clubs, they will pay it with a smile.
I think we should disrupt their day to day business which would hit them harder. Maybe limit their transfers for this and next season. Deduct 50% of their points for this season which would not relegate them. Also a European ban for next season.
I'm hearing of a 100 million euro fine. What will this do? they pay that in a player's wage. The only person that benefits from that are the pockets at FIFA

Reactions: Penna

redshaw

Palms are too greasy for anything noteworthy to happen. Ultimately it is cash flowing through Europe.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How embarrassing for the rest of the league when they get a 20 point deduction and still win the league.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They'd still win the league in 13/14 with that docking though

Disqualify the entirety of the 13/14 season. The 12/13 title winners will remain champions, whoever that was.