What team do your parents support?

untitled_6899

My dad supported Coventry back in the day. Doesn't care for them now or any football team, he just enjoys watching any match these days, he is more into rugby now. He'd watch Uniteds results and games alright thanks to my interest.

My Mam was all about the Irish, so had stints supporting David O'Learys Leeds and Villa. She was also mad into rugby.
Almost the exact same situation as me, my dad is a Coventry supporter but due to them being a complete shambles he's slowly lost interest in them but tends to like Arsenal and United because of me

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
My mum was at nursing college in the 60s, worked at old Trafford, hung out in all the local clubs, knew most of the the squad at the time of the 68 final. Has loads of memorabilia of the time. My dad is a toffee but owned the local chippy so was mostly tired during daytime, didn't get to spend a lot of time with him back then, so had little influence. As a result he saved me a lifetime of pain. I've always had a soft spot for Everton though and now I'm married to a toffee.
But my two kids are red :devil:

saivet

Dad: West Ham. Though I'd use this very loosely, he still likes a bit of football but West Ham results will affect him in no way whatsoever. I don't think he could even name his best West Ham team for the weekend. Seemed to just like football more when he was younger.

Mum: Has no team, football doesn't interest her.

Sister: United fan, not hugely into football

Brother: United fan

Cousins: Pretty much split between United and Arsenal fans

I don't really have much of a football family.

Mindhunter

My dad only watched club football when I hijacked the telly to watch United games on Sat/Sun evenings. Co-incidentally his pet name is "Man Utd" :lol: (a popular Hindu name) and it used to be up on the scorecard.

Glanville95

Grandad supports United, Nan supports Ronaldo, Dad supports United, brother supports United.

We culled all the ones who had other ideas.

Mali_Zeus

Interesting story. Friend from college has 4 brothers. They're from Zagreb, have nothing with Split or Dalmatia. Their dad is a Dinamo fan. So his older broter went to Split for some game, fell in love with the atmosphere, became Hajduk fan, all other brothers, including that friend became Hajduk fans because of the stories of that older brother. So a dad, Dinamo fan, has 5 sons, all of them Hajduk fans. :)

pacifictheme

Dad is a United fan. Mum is a Manchester City fan. Derby days are a total nightmare... for her usually.

Either we win or no one talks to her for hours!

GBBQ

My Dad supports United and my Mother supports whoever united happen to be playing on that particular day.

Andy_Cole

My dad is a die hard Liverpool fan since he was a kid growing up in Tanzania. So the 1950s!

My older brother is United which is why I am too I think. Plus being born and bred in Manchester!

The reason we live in Manchester is because my dad followed a friend of his to come to Manchester. My Dad's friend chose Manchester out of all the cities in England because of United.

nevillestache

My Dad supports Bolton but he's not actually that into football any more and spends more time moaning about the modern game than watching it.

My Mum doesn't watch football.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Dad used to be a die hard Pool fan, but he's 66 now & kinda lost interest with the game - or more accurately, with how the games & players have all become about money etc. I remember the day we signed Anderson & he pitched up at the airport with leather & a ton of bling....my dad hated him from that very moment :lol: (I know, stupid reason, but he's old school like that).

My 2 older brothers support Pool (due to my dad), & I ended supporting united from '93, by chance. My moms a united fan - but this I suspect was always due to me being the baby & the odd one out. Otherwise she has faint interest in football.

My sister, she's the eldest, has very little interest in football.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Dads side United, Mums side Arsenal, In-laws Norwich.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Dad : Man United and Club Africain (Tunisia)
Mom : Dosen't care
Bro 1 : United
Bro 2 : United and Taraji Tunis
Bro 3 : AC Milan
Bro 4 : United

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Almost the exact same situation as me, my dad is a Coventry supporter but due to them being a complete shambles he's slowly lost interest in them but tends to like Arsenal and United because of me
Ha, ya I think they had a reasonable run in the 60s or 70s, before taking a dive and into obscurity! When you dropped off the newspaper reports back then, it was never going to last!

Maldini's Hair

Both my parents are Arsenal fans but for some reason took me to Old Trafford multiple times when I was a wee nipper. It made the late 90's/early 00's a really fun time in our house.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
My dad watched games on tv but never supported anyone.

My parents were around when football in Australia was the sport for "Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters"

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Neither of my parents like football, although my mam did used to have a soft spot for West Ham but never watched them or anything. Think it was because Bobby Moore played there

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Both my parents support United. I only support United because my dad raised me as such... though my mum is more into football nowadays then ever before. We have 3 season tickets - one for me, one for my brother, one for my dad - but these days, its my mum who comes to games and my dad stays at home.

Jammydodger7

My Dad supports Everton
One of my brothers support Liverpool and the other two support United.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Parents support no one, not even interested. So I did what Utd fans have been doing over the last 23 years: just support the best team in the country. In 1980 that was Liverpool.

miler7

Sat at a desk deciding when I want to go home
Mum is Liverpool and took my brother under her wing.
Dad is United so took me under his wing (which was the better wing tbh)
Sister doesn't really like football but liked Arsenal because of our Grandad but also Newcastle as the dog was black and white :houllier:
Gran was United till she died (which wasn't long ago) and got my Dad into them because of Sir Bobby.

The-Natural

My mum is much more into footy than my dad but when they met in the 80's he started supporting liverpool to wind her up, her being a united fan. Over the years he's Got into football more through it constantly being on our telly and my mum's football obsessed side of the family being the family we are closest to. My uncles and cousins are all season ticket holders- some at chelsea, some at norwich some at liverpool and some at celtic. My fanhood was seriously up for grabs when i was like 6 but then i saw monsieur cantona and that was that.

red_7

Dad & Grandad : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Mum : FC 1990 Wahlbach, this is where I play. Apart from that doesn't give a feck about football ;-)
both brothers : Borussia Dortmund
Uncle, Aunt & Cousin : FC Bayern Munich

Djemba-Djemba

Dad- Utd
Mum- Hates football.

Entire family is Utd fans though other than one rogue nephew who changed to being a blue a few years ago. The swine.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dad - United.
Mum: "That's nice, dear."

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Grandad: Manchester United. He had been a supporter before the Munich crash
Mother: Manchester United
Father: Liverpool (he's obsessed with bloody Beatles)
Brother: Manchester United

Extended family. They support a number of teams. My favorite cousin is a Manchester United supporter. I have a cousin who supports AC Milan and another who supports Juventus. My wife's family mostly support Italian clubs (her father support Inter, her brother AC Milan). My wife was forced to convert to Manchester United or else I wouldn't have married her.

Stretford Red1978

My whole family is united, it was bred into us from a very young age, apart from my sister who lives in the northeast and lives with a Newcastle fan!!

Nickosaur

Neither of my parents are football fans. I played it when I was a kid, never really supported a team. Eventually one of my best mates' dad, a huge United fan, took us over to Old Trafford to watch United v Spurs. Been a United fan ever since :D

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Dad - Manchester United
Mum - "Manchester United" (but only because a dark cloud descends over the house when they lose)
Uncle - Nottingham Forrest
Cousin - Liverpool (then) Arsenal (now)
Everyone else - No one

Iron Stove

The only one in my family who likes football is my uncle who's a Liverpool fan. He likes various clubs really, but only the ones based in coastal towns since he's a retired ship captain. He likes Grimsby since he went to games there back in the day. If two teams are playing he'll support the one from the city with most maritime tradition.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Dad: Blackpool
Mum: Whoever I want to win
Brother: Newcastle
Grandad: Newcastle
Cousins: Newcastle , Watford & Brisbane Roar

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Dad - Used to be Sheffield Wednesday (He had a SWFC mug) - Now stoke, as his mates a stoke fan and took him to Wembley when they beat Bolton 5-0.

Mum - Normally the underdog, doesn't like it when teams are getting battered and starts feeling sorry for their players :lol:

Step Dad - Spurs

Cousin - Liverpool, he 'rebelled'. Ballbag.

Uncles - United

Grandad - United

Brothers - United

Wife - West Ham

In Laws - West Ham

Daughter - United :keano: