What to expect from a new centre back pair?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It’s difficult to get a CB who would be an upgrade of his weak sides, and at the same time just as good as him on his strong sides.
Both Kounde and Torres would be. But they are obviously expensive and attracting interest from several clubs.

I think there are quite a few others too. But I dont watch enough football to know who. Even players like Dunk and Webster would be a significant improvement on Lindelof, but we should aim higher.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Where does that Romero chap stand in those fancy comparison graphics? I like the sound of him the most

izec

Torres is not convincing me. If Varane is PSG bound, i happily would take Kounde or Romero. I think they may even be the best options all around.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Should hardly be judging Torres off any one appearance, just as we shouldn't have judged him off a good performance in the game against us.

Don't think he's been good today but then I've seen someone like Varane put in atrocious appearances in the past so... *shrugs*

I basically like all the CBs we've been linked with in their own way, including Torres. None of them are perfect though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I get Lindelof vibes off Torres

If madrid are so desperate to buy that type can we interest you in one Lindelof? Hardly used, good condition

bosskeano

Fcking Lindelof almost allowed Moreno to score as he left him unmarked on that ball in from the cross.....just poor marking once again

golden_blunder

Staff
Fcking Lindelof almost allowed Moreno to score as he left him unmarked on that ball in from the cross.....just poor marking once again
No no it was good defending, he was.. i dunno what. Just like his career. Makes mistakes which luckily don’t end in goals. I’m told that’s ok though

CG1010

I get Lindelof vibes off Torres

If madrid are so desperate to buy that type can we interest you in one Lindelof? Hardly used, good condition
There is no way we should think of selling Lindelof. We should upgrade him yes, but even then he is far better than Bailey and other CBs next in line to be our rotational player.

bosskeano

No no it was good defending, he was.. i dunno what. Just like his career. Makes mistakes which luckily don’t end in goals. I’m told that’s ok though
:lol::eek:

he's lucky way too often given just how shocking he is defensively inside the 18....he's a decent defenders outside the box but inside the box he's piss poor

A-man

:lol::eek:

he's lucky way too often given just how shocking he is defensively inside the 18....he's a decent defenders outside the box but inside the box he's piss poor
Yet he had 9 clearances and 2 blocks inside his own box tonight. Not too bad from a piss poor defender.

A-man

Both Kounde and Torres would be. But they are obviously expensive and attracting interest from several clubs.

I think there are quite a few others too. But I dont watch enough football to know who. Even players like Dunk and Webster would be a significant improvement on Lindelof, but we should aim higher.
None of them would be upgrades in all aspects. Not sure they would be upgrades at all, maybe.

28gunsalute

Varane is garbage and not what we need leave him be. Let's get a rugged hard tackling no-nonsense centre half who puts the shits up the centre forward and bashes them all over the pitch. We must put an end to the powder puff signings in our defence, we need muscle, power and strength.

golden_blunder

Staff
Are you okay there GB ;)

I don't think I've seen anyone else on the forum dislike a player as much as you dislike Lindelof
I haven’t disliked a player as much since Djemba Djemba. Actually no, I don’t dislike him as a person, I just think that he’s totally unsuitable to be a PL cb. A cb who can’t head, who’d ever heard of such a thing!? What I dislike is the small clique who can’t see the things that he does wrong which have a bigger impact on United than a fancy pass

golden_blunder

Staff
Varane is garbage and not what we need leave him be. Let's get a rugged hard tackling no-nonsense centre half who puts the shits up the centre forward and bashes them all over the pitch. We must put an end to the powder puff signings in our defence, we need muscle, power and strength.
What?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Everytime you watch Lindelof, you always see the same shits he pulled off. Ball watching, lack of concentration, doesn't attack the ball first, and lack physicality. Now you know what you expect for new one, at least a ball playing that ticks 3 or 4 of those 4.