What will Ole's next job be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLiverBird

Never really saw him as a career Manager

More a circumstantial manager

I could be very wrong but I don’t see him pursuing a this management career

Tap

He evidently had something as a coach. I could see a Championship team taking a punt and of course even lower PL teams. He doesn't get the credit he deserves on here.

That would be the perfect move for him, he'd do well at NT level I feel.
Didnt he also fail at the lower teams?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Media job. He knows how to smile when he speaks. He is also a likable guy. He needs to step away from managing for at least a year.

kthanksbye

His next job would be to make some good investments with the compensation he got.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He should target a lower PL or more likely a championship team, and then fully embrace his own style of football. He seems to do better when hitting teams on the break rather than any fluid/progressive style. He should stick with that.

Micky Targaryen

He should target a lower PL or more likely a championship team, and then fully embrace his own style of football. He seems to do better when hitting teams on the break rather than any fluid/progressive style. He should stick with that.
Thought about this but what can he really achieve though, with less funds and poorer scouting. It's like playing FM in nightmare mode.

MattJ166

I think some of you are being incredibly harsh on Ole here, yes the last two months have gone to shit but if he had left at the end of last year it would be an entirely different narrative around him. He would be good as a transitional manager. I think that Newcastle could have actually been a good job for him, he's already proved that he can build a young, dynamic squad and give them the motivation (at least initially).

I personally think he would be a great DOF or technical director,he's definitely got an admirable vision of what a club's ethos should be.

Womp

idiot
He evidently had something as a coach. I could see a Championship team taking a punt and of course even lower PL teams. He doesn't get the credit he deserves on here.

That would be the perfect move for him, he'd do well at NT level I feel.
As a coach? I don't agree, no. As a manager though, sure, maybe

RedCurry

He’ll have suitors from England contrary to what most posters here believe. He had that remarkable bounce affect on our team and any club struggling with extremely poor results and squad morale could look to hire him albeit for short-term fix.

Needham

He's a multimillionaire, guys. Cut the snark. He will have the life you whack off to.

UpWithRivers

Head of the new making friends department at United. He will set up a tipi and when the players have a boo boo or the press is being mean they can go and get a cup of tea and a hug from Mata.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Premier League/Championship clubs somehow love to recycle this kind of managers, don't they? We all know it will happen.

Statue of Limitations

Well, he is free, but who is lining up to sign him?
I think he should take a break for a while and see where his head is at in the summer before making his mind up.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, be hard to see him in anything other than a lower prestige position club wise.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s an era of stats and data. The “he might do a job for us” days are gone, which is why the older heads that used to recycle jobs have been left in the cold.

His numbers at United were terrible in terms of Xg and the like. They painted the picture of the chaos we often saw in the pitch. Those saying “a mid-table Prem team”? Maybe 10 years ago, but not today.

Even the most modest teams are looking at stats and progressive coaches. There is no chance he will be back in the PL.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He’ll have suitors from England contrary to what most posters here believe. He had that remarkable bounce affect on our team and any club struggling with extremely poor results and squad morale could look to hire him albeit for short-term fix.
That's a good point. I also don't see any team signing him for the long term, but as a care taker to end a season at a troubled club could be possible.

Stats and data are important part of the decisions clubs make today, that is true and does not look very good for him.

But you can't deny that he can fix a toxic situation. The mistake United made simply was that they thought vibes and smiles are enough long term. It isn't. It is however enough to get a team back on track that lost believe and motivation, as long as they have that track (= know gow to play together, know each other well).

stu_1992

I think he may do well as a national team manager. With the world cup just over a year away, I believe I read the Norway manager was leaving after that, so I think that could be a good opportunity for him. He'll definitely stay in football, but does he want the day-to-day type job of a club again? I'm not sure.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Pre-Man Utd, Moyes had a good track managerial track record in English football with Preston and Everton to fall back on, so I was fully expecting him to get another Premier League gig after he was sacked in 2014. I wasn't expecting his next job to be at Real Sociedad though.

Solskjaer doesn't have that, so I'd be shocked if he landed another Premier League gig in the future. I don't see why a team battling against relegation or a mid-table team would want him. I've been wrong plenty of times with predictions in the past though.

In terms of his time at Man Utd, there of course were some notable highs (but then Mourinho had several highs after the wheels started to fall off after the Sevilla Champions League exit). But I disagree that the Europa League final run last season was one of them (I've seen that mentioned a few times in the media), when the club were 'relegated' to that competition after dropping out of the Champions League group stage and basically failing on the main European stage.

If the likes of Leicester or West Ham qualify for the Champions League, finish 3rd in their group, go into the Europa League, and then reach the final where they come up short, I think overall that would be success. But not for Man Utd, or alternatively Chelsea, Liverpool etc. with their size, stature and among the highest wage bills in world football.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think some of you are being incredibly harsh on Ole here, yes the last two months have gone to shit but if he had left at the end of last year it would be an entirely different narrative around him. He would be good as a transitional manager. I think that Newcastle could have actually been a good job for him, he's already proved that he can build a young, dynamic squad and give them the motivation (at least initially).

I personally think he would be a great DOF or technical director,he's definitely got an admirable vision of what a club's ethos should be.
He paid €80+m for Maguire, €50+m for AWB, €40m for DVB, seemingly with absolutely no idea how to actually use him and you're like: he's a proven squad builder and would be a great DoF.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He paid €80+m for Maguire, €50+m for AWB, €40m for DVB, seemingly with absolutely no idea how to actually use him and you're like: he's a proven squad builder and would be a great DoF.
Funny that especially you are forgetting 80m for another player he did not know how to use: Sancho

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Funny that especially you are forgetting 80m for another player he did not know how to use: Sancho
I gave him the benefit of the doubt on Sancho, since it hasn't been very long since he moved.

Idxomer

This has been one of the worst ideas on the caf for the last 2 years.

Ludens the Red

He might struggle to get work in England without first going abroad and doing a solid job somewhere.
The problem he has is that he doesn’t have that established style.

For a premier league or championship level team to take a chance on him he’d need to be seen as a good attacking or defensive manager or have a cv full of promotions and avoiding relegation. Premier league and Championship clubs rarely vary from that pot when bringing a manager in.

He’s unfortunate in the sense he’s also kind of been looked at as a joke (see Ole’s at the wheel chant) despite having a decent record for us. Perception is hugely important when it comes to getting jobs and sadly for Ole he’s become almost a meme. Our initial unwavering support and chants for him meant that once it began to go wrong other teams would lap it up throw shade at him because it’s Man United.

I think he’ll probably get a job in Scandinavia or Holland next time round.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He should work with a young squad, maybe with a burgeoning youth side in the Championship where the stakes are lower. I think he will make a decent second tier coach with his United experience. I hope he tastes success and possibly a trophy of some kind.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think the only question is - would you prefer Woodward as the DOF or Ole? Because sure we can say Ole is not good enough but what we have instead is not better right? It's worse.

For all problems with Ole, I'd have him over Woodward any day of the week.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the only question is - would you prefer Woodward as the DOF or Ole? Because sure we can say Ole is not good enough but what we have instead is not better right? It's worse.

Are these two the only people left in the world or what's up with the question?

superdry

touched by a genius
He needs to be honest with himself and start at the lower end, he needs to build from success at a small club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Are these two the only people left in the world or what's up with the question?
But ultimately Ole has more chance of getting the job than me and you.

Woodward & the glazers isn't going to get Daniel Levy or some random person to come here - if I had to choose Woodward or Ole, I'd choose Ole.

If I had to choose Mourinho, Moyes, Van Gaal, Woodward or Ole as our DOF - I'd choose Ole because I think even though he wasn't perfect, he wasn't the worst at building the squad up.

Idxomer

Woodward isn't the DOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.