What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Well he destroyed us (Barca) in a big Champions League game. He’s also been Juve’s top scorer in two out of three seasons.
That’s not that impressive mate. Martial can claim those things. So can Pato. At the end of the day he’s a talent player and that’s it. He’s no superstar.

AlwaysRed66

The best offer for Pogba, like any other player, depends on two things. Firstly, do we want to sell him, then if yes then an acceptable offer is what clubs are willing to pay for him, not what fans on these boards think he is worth. If we do not want to sell, an acceptable offer would be one that enable us to obtain a suitable replacement & significant transfer fee above that as not wanting to sell. A player that is no longer needed at the club & a key player that the club wants to keep are two different things, & would be worth vastly different amounts.

TheLord

Pogba is worth about 120million.
120 million should get you an elite, young performer, who is consistently at his best.

If he can be sold for 80 million, Ed should consider himself lucky. He was bought for 89 million and at United, he has regressed as a player and become two years older.

I know there's inflation, but in what world should Pogba cost more than what he was initially worth?

Bestietom

120 million should get you an elite, young performer, who is consistently at his best.

If he can be sold for 80 million, Ed should consider himself lucky. He was bought for 89 million and at United, he has regressed as a player and become two years older.

I know there's inflation, but in what world should Pogba cost more than what he was initially worth?
You don't look at it in this way. What was Coutinho bought for and after 3 years sold for. Inflation is a way of life in football.

ROFLUTION

This, again, is why we need a new manager now. To see what level Pogba really is at when he's got the managers backing and confidence. We should sack Mourinho and see which players gets better the next half year.

Would be so terrible leadership of Ed Woodward, to let Mourinho stay for the whole season, then get another manager in, and realise that Pogba really just IS bad and inconsistent, and then he continue to feck up another manager's plan and a new season, while we swamp around. Would be much better to sell him this summer, if we know he will continue to feck up things under a care-taker. This way we can start fresh under a new manager.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This, again, is why we need a new manager now. To see what level Pogba really is at when he's got the managers backing and confidence. We should sack Mourinho and see which players gets better the next half year.

Would be so terrible leadership of Ed Woodward, to let Mourinho stay for the whole season, then get another manager in, and realise that Pogba really just IS bad and inconsistent, and then he continue to feck up another manager's plan and a new season, while we swamp around. Would be much better to sell him this summer, if we know he will continue to feck up things under a care-taker. This way we can start fresh under a new manager.
Sadly I totally agree with this. Just get a temporary replacement in for the rest of the season, lift the spirits and encourage more attacking football and see where it leads us.

Bestietom

I agree, They are not going to back Mourinho and after this season, he is gone anyway. So why not let McKenna and Carrick manage for the remaining months and see how players perform. Or bring in a new manager now.

ROFLUTION

I agree, They are not going to back Mourinho and after this season, he is gone anyway. So why not let McKenna and Carrick manage for the remaining months and see how players perform. Or bring in a new manager now.
It also must be weird for the players to play for a manager, that they know is probably not there next year. Lifting this burden off their shoulders, might do some good to the players mentality too.

Lentwood

Signed who?
Matic - made Pogba worse with Matic lack of mobility Pogba has had to sit deeper

Fred - how does he help Pogba when firstly he can't get in the team (because Jose refuses to play him useless utd buy him a CB) and when he does he spends most his time losing the ball.

Fellaini - less said the better

How about not signing any players to help pogba and get the best out the player you have first like keeping Herrera at DM and bringing Pereira in at CM alongside Pogba.
It's not 90m wasted on Pogba, it's 90M wasted on Matic and Fred.
You can quibble all you like about whether Jose has “helped” Pogba but Pogba’s attitude, in my opinion, is not reflective of his tag of supposedly one of the best midfielders in the world

Say what you like about Fellaini but he maximises his talent, Pogba doesn’t

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't think there's any question of Pogba's ability, if he left tomorrow and played under the right set, and under a manager who played him in his best position, then it would be virtually guaranteed that he would play to a standard that most of other players don't have, so whenever we sack Jose imo Pogba needs keeping, as the next guy would be a fool to treat him the same way Jose has, and even more of fool to continue with similar tactics.

I think this is certainly a good idea for alot of other players though, there has to be doubts over the actual ability of players like Lukaku, Lindelof, Bailly, Periera, etc, and the ability left in players like Sanchez, Valencia, Mata, etc, but it'd be unfair to get shut until a new manager has ruled the roost over them, which would obviously stall us if this wasn't done until the summer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There’s a few things to consider. The great player in there that can be unlocked in a better team/system, his global appeal, the fact he’s just about to hit his peak, also the fact he’s halfway through his contract. I’d say if we got our money back for him, we’d have done well. With that in mind, I’d rather we kept him and tried to unlock that potential ourselves.

waza7111

£150 million minimum but I need to see him under a different manager first.

Morpheus 7

We still discussing selling our best outfield player :lol:
I know, the state of this place. I'm sure it will be an easy position to replace with Jose as manager. Can't get rid of Darmian who wanted to leave and a club lined up.

walkinhop

What's more interesting? Thinking how to and for how much to sell our best players or figure out how to make the most of them. Because if we do sell, the inevitable "squad not good enough" will be an excuse once again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd be over moon to make our money back on him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We still discussing selling our best outfield player :lol:
He’s not even first choice now. If we can make a profit on him, I have to think that the Board would snap hands off. Unless Mourinho is going soon, which I see no sign of.

Hammondo

It depends on what other teams would pay for him, and I think in this he's lost value. 70m is a good guess.

AaronRedDevil

It would be nothing short of incompetent or complete stupidity if United can't sell him for €120m or more. Still though. Can't believe we are thinking of even selling him.

Mainoldo

He’s not even first choice now. If we can make a profit on him, I have to think that the Board would snap hands off. Unless Mourinho is going soon, which I see no sign of.
He goes, DeGea goes and Martial goes. We are pretty much Everton after that. Like the poster above says. The next thread is ‘we need quality’. I just find the hypocrisy hilarious. He sat out two games, what do you mean he’s not first choice. Like we are top of the league or something.

Melville Red

With the performances he’s been putting in this season we’ll be lucky to get him off the pay roll.
Some of the figures posted on here makes me think that there is some serious weed been smoked and alcohol consumed whilst posting.
In honesty I think we would be lucky to get what we paid. We might even have to take a loss, but I’d look on it as a positive as his heart isn’t in this club and he’s just taking the money. The sooner we get rid the better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With the performances he’s been putting in this season we’ll be lucky to get him off the pay roll.
Some of the figures posted on here makes me think that there is some serious weed been smoked and alcohol consumed whilst posting.
In honesty I think we would be lucky to get what we paid. We might even have to take a loss, but I’d look on it as a positive as his heart isn’t in this club and he’s just taking the money. The sooner we get rid the better.
In an environment where the likes of Maguire are being talked of 70m, it doesn't seem fantasy to think Pogba will go for a lot more.

Posters on here seem to think players are either brilliant or useless, so currently a lot ludicrously think Pogba is useless, ignoring that the whole of the squad have been pretty off their game this year even De Gea hasn't been as good as other years.

EwanI Ted

Players out of form go for less than their true worth, and no one thinks Pogbas current form is his normal level. Jose is gone by the end of the season anyway, so Pogba should get a chance under the new manager before a decision gets made.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pogba revoked his right to a chance under a new manager when he put in half arsed/terrible performances.
Him and Jose should probably both he gone at the end of the season, we need a new, more positive direction.
As for how much he's worth? Not a clue, I'd be more worried about how we'd spend it.

Melville Red

Players out of form go for less than their true worth, and no one thinks Pogbas current form is his normal level. Jose is gone by the end of the season anyway, so Pogba should get a chance under the new manager before a decision gets made.
He hasn’t really stood out since he re joined us though as he. I honestly think we would be lucky to get any where close to £85million, in my opinion he is worth considerably less but then again as in most things my opinion is worth tuppence.

Bestofthebest

Pogba is an enigma in so much as I think he has tremendous talent but does not always show it. I am sure if Messi were to come to Utd at the present moment he would not be the same player as he is for Barca but would probably still be our best player. Same goes for Sanchez who at present looks abysmal every game he plays but I am sure there is a great player in there, at least as good as he was at Arsenal. Martial is another not showing the same form as previously but we all know what he is capable of in the right environment.

The common theme appears to be the environment these guys play in, constant chopping and changing of the team, slagging off players in public and all manner of shenanigans from the manager in press conferences. The blame may spread further but I am sure the above reasons are at least relevant in the lack of form for many in the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

norm87cro

Transfer value is also based on form (exmp. Maguire) and not only on talent. So yeah, we Will be lucky to get the amount we paid for Jim.

Steerpike

You don't look at it in this way. What was Coutinho bought for and after 3 years sold for. Inflation is a way of life in football.
The difference was that Coutinho looked a better player when he left Liverpool than when he arrived. He also continued to give 100% even when he knew he was leaving. The contrast with Pogba could hardly be more stark.

There seems to be a mindset here that we have to recoup what we'd paid to avoid looking stupid. We'll, how sensible does it look to pay the kind of wages we are to Pogba when he doesn't make the team, doesn't appear to be trying to impress the manager, and probably wants away in any case. The longer the current situation continues, the lower Pogba's transfer value will become.

It's in everyone's interests to accept a decent offer and let him go.

Melville Red

The difference was that Coutinho looked a better player when he left Liverpool than when he arrived. He also continued to give 100% even when he knew he was leaving. The contrast with Pogba could hardly be more stark.

There seems to be a mindset here that we have to recoup what we'd paid to avoid looking stupid. We'll, how sensible does it look to pay the kind of wages we are to Pogba when he doesn't make the team, doesn't appear to be trying to impress the manager, and probably wants away in any case. The longer the current situation continues, the lower Pogba's transfer value will become.

It's in everyone's interests to accept a decent offer and let him go.
I agree 100%
I don't think anyone will pay more than 80-90 milion for him.
Agree 100% with the above.

DON’T PANIC ™

Based on the standard of performance we’ve witnessed since he arrived, I think if we got as much as we paid Juventus for him, it’d be good business.

Jib

60-70 ;)
Mourinho destroyed him. He lost his hype.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
2 years left on his contract at the end of the season, which adds a significant premium. He was also one of France's standout players in the world cup which adds a big boost to his value. Based on the prices for other midfielders I would say a fee of £100m is about right, he would go considerably higher than that if we had a better team as Pogba's bad performances would not be highlighted as other players could pick up the slack.

Fracture90

I suppose Mourinho leaving would be an acceptable offer for Pogba, and vice versa in Mourinho's case.

gulli_G

Apparently he is the one who still tries to cajole the players, while Mourinho continues to single him and others out. I'd rather get rid of the virus that is Mourinho than Pogba, who within a well structured and drilled team will be world class. Our current setup would make Messi look like, orberton.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Really the number of people willing to part ways with Pogba without even giving him a chance under a different, more positive, attacking manager is truly worrying. Especially considering he's our best outfield player.
I think it's simply because many of our fans are too blinded by personal hatred towards this or that player (like Pogba and Lingard's social media activity). We've been bad this season but imagining it without Pogba :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.