What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not with only a year plus left on his contract. Every year nearer to the end on his contract brings his price down. Unless he renews of course, which doesn't seem likely.
I thought we had an option to renew him for another year. 2 and a half years gives us a bit more leverage.

Esquire

Why do you think Pazzaman did what he did? He is clearly trying to soften Woodward's hand to accept a lower bid than what Woodward wants by making him a nuisance. And in turn, get a cut for himself.
A summer ago, we were talking about 150m as the standard price for him, now some of us here will be willing to let him go fro 80m just to get rid of the circus.

This is why Rialo is such a clever agent.
He is not stupid but not clever. Any agent would know the tactics of burning bridges and lowering the asking price for his player. It would make him clever if Ed caves. Which I won’t be surprised with given the Glazers and Ed’s not so shiny record in terms of getting good money back from sales.

Strelok

You can only use the fee that we paid for him as a baseline if you assume that he has lived up to the world record fee in his performances, which I think everyone agrees that he hasn't.
He has lived up or not to his record fee is another subject I think, as well as a lot more elements/perspectives would be considered. Like the team, the managers, our play style ...

My point is he still is the player we bought in 2016, maybe he hasn't improved but he hasn't regressed as well so the price should stay at least the same imo.

edgar allan

Caf's always been obsessed with swaps, comes from the papers I suppose.

How many swaps ever actually occur? Some obviously, but they're still pretty rare, and a very low percentage of total transfer deals.
I guess it is because any fee is likely to go back into the Glaziers pockets and never to be seen again.

Oldyella

Ronaldo gave everything on the field every single match, both before and after. If Pogba did the same this conversation would be very different.
Fair enough. Of course, it's hard to say, but I wonder if Ronaldo would have been just as committed for a team that was languishing around midtable and playing in the Europa league. It's easy to keep playing when you are with a great squad and winning trophies. And Pogba has generally been one of our better players anyway (when fit)

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Fair enough. Of course, it's hard to say, but I wonder if Ronaldo would have been just as committed for a team that was languishing around midtable and playing in the Europa league. It's easy to keep playing when you are with a great squad and winning trophies. And Pogba has generally been one of our better players anyway (when fit)
Yeah, it's hard to know to what degree Pogba's poorer spells have been down to carrying injuries. Best case scenario is he comes back and plays his socks off I suppose.

LuckyScout78

For me. Minimum 100 £. Because he is only 27, soon. So all from 100 - 120 mill £. And depend on if i get a really good cm in place. Before i let him go. His replacement might cost all from 60-70 mill. Full packet Pogba on his best is on a bit higher level. So again. Min 100 £ then i will be satisfy.
60 - 70 mill on replacement and rest around 30 mill £ invest on the debth of the squad. 30 £ but still quality. Of course, unknown, unproven. But still quality and really good football player. To strength the squad and debth. Probably another cm option.

And his name might be Kristoffer Ollsson. A quality creative and allround cm player for around 20 mill from Krasnodar. Krasnodar bought Olsson for 5mill euro back in January 2019.

Then around 60 mill Bruno Fernandes.

Fernandes nr10 & 8 = 60 mill £ . Sporting Lisbon
Olsson nr.8 & 6 = 20 mill £ Krasnodar

Fernandes and Olsson in this January and Pogba leaving this summer. I will be satisfy. Two quality players cm for one quality cm. I will be satisfy.

Chiesa/Sancho - Olsson/Fernandes - McTom/Fred/Olsson - Chiesa/James +
Fernandes/Chiesa/Greenwood/Martial + Martial/Rashford

In a 4411 or 442 with CF upfront

Olsson bankers as cm for Sweden in Euro 2020.

And probably Fernandes for Portgual too. So two really good football players for the same price or lesser of Pogba. Of course i will say yes to that.
Two quality players = more depth and flexibility to the squad and team. Not realy....only on one important player. No good for the team. If he is out for long period.

So again. I will be satisfy with 100 £ mill for Pogba, but not lesser.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Or Arthur. Doesn't seems to be featuring as much, from what i heard. Any truth?
Could be Arturs days at Barca are nearing their end. Started brilliantly with comparisons to Xavi which seemed justified but has gone off the rails recently. Went snowboarding in Andorra recently which is a big no no for Barca players. Also went to Paris for a party with Neymar 3 or 4 days before El Clasico without permission from the club and has been on the "suspicious injury" list for a while with another month out being mentioned. I say suspicious because he's apparently at war with the club over bonuses which he says haven't been paid by the club.

Maticmaker

Caf's always been obsessed with swaps, comes from the papers I suppose.

How many swaps ever actually occur? Some obviously, but they're still pretty rare, and a very low percentage of total transfer deals.

Correct, amongst the so called top players its hardly ever heard of because no one wants to be seen as the 'makeweight' in the deal

Sjaakmeoff

Based on recent years.. 50M max.

So yes, i would try to swap him to a couple of juve players too. As long as it's not Can.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Give me one good reason why any club would think: "I want Pogba..100M? Bargain! He's done so well the last couple of years. That amount is completely justified."?
How much do you think would be an acceptable offer for McTomminay ?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Give me one good reason why any club would think: "I want Pogba..100M? Bargain! He's done so well the last couple of years. That amount is completely justified."?
And Juve are used to getting the likes of Rabiot and Ramsey for free!

Strelok

Won't get £80m if you're lucky. The player wants out. Everyone in football knows that. Now consider how many clubs can afford him? Five or six of which two are in the PL and United won't sell. Now subtract the number who actually need him. None of these other clubs are run by clowns the way United is.
Actually I can think of only one destination: PSG. Only them would have the cash and that interested in winning the CL. And the way they are run? They're paying Herrera 350 £k a week for a bench option.

Amerifan

If he had to go a trade makes the most sense. We aren’t the belle of the ball these days, so attracting a like quality replacement would be difficult. Better to get a player or two we want instead of money we can’t spend well very easily.

Classnordic

Why do you think Pazzaman did what he did? He is clearly trying to soften Woodward's hand to accept a lower bid than what Woodward wants by making him a nuisance. And in turn, get a cut for himself.
A summer ago, we were talking about 150m as the standard price for him, now some of us here will be willing to let him go fro 80m just to get rid of the circus.

This is why Rialo is such a clever agent.

He can only be clever if we let him. If he pulls of what youre suggesting, then we are making a dumb play clever.

hobbers

Raiola and Pogba's clever games, enabled by Woodward and Ole's spinelessness, have easily reduced the value to closer to the £100m mark, when last summer it was up around £150m.

Castia

I’d take £120m

If the money is re-invested wisely we could get 2 quality midfielders for that.

KekiZeki

140* I corrected your typo
He ain't worth it to us and no one is paying 100 mil., no way. He'll be in his final year after next season, then what? Take 40 mil. now, invest it well in a player we can use and it's 100 mil. by the end of the season.
We spent way to much on Pogba he was never worth it. I keep watching games and see the less and less of him. What is he doing to earn his huge wages with us?

Ed - is that you?
Ed wouldn't sell, he'll probably let him run his contract down.

JG3001

Realistically I think we’ll get £100m.
As others have pointed out I think we’d get more out of the transfer if we included 1/2 players + cash instead

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Very interested in your estimate. So please..
I think £40-50 million is about right. But he isn't worth half of what Pogba is worth. Pogba is an elite footballer levels above McTomminay, who I rate by the way. He's decent at what he does.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's crazy how exaggerated Pogba's performances have become in the negative. You'd honestly think he'd turned in championship levels of performance week in week out. The truth is he's been our best outfield performer since he's been back, he's our best player.....but we're poor. Now people are honestly claiming he's worth the same as McTomminay.

Jibbs

For Juve: Rabiot + Can + Demiral + Costa.
For RM: Odegaard + Jovic + Kroos

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
For Juve: Rabiot + Can + Demiral + Costa.
For RM: Odegaard + Jovic + Kroos
How about we include Benzema and Hazard in the deal as well? :-)

Jokes aside, I think we dodged a bullet with Pogba. Apparently RM had offered around 150 m euros for Pogba, but United wanted more. Thank god.

I have nothing against Pogba as a player, but he has not been classy with United. His agent is only interested in getting as much out of United as possible in terms of money.

It's a clear tactic and it's working from their side. Last summer all United fans wanted at least 180-200 million for Pogba. Look at this thread now. People are ready to get rid of him for peanuts. Raiola has done this with other players as well like Ibrahimovic. Barcelona bought him for a lot of money, but when things went wrong Raiola got him out pretty cheaply to Milan. Same tactics are being applied here to take Pogba's value down, so Pogba og Raiola make maximum profit and United minimum.

Compare this with Hazard. Guy wanted out of Chelsea, but he made sure Chelsea got good value for him.

Reactions: Grinner
Status
Not open for further replies.