What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Right now? Consider that everyone who had a good world cup has overinflated prices. Consider also the late timing in the window.

I'd be pissed off if we accepted any less than £200 million making him the transfer record.

SirAF

Ageist
He has 4 years left on his contract (including the option in his contract), is probably our best player excluding the goalie and is a marketers wet dream. Honestly, wouldn't consider anything below 200m. Not me saying he's worth that necessarily, just that we shouldn't sell for anything less.
This.

Werder Herzog

200 million now on world cup form- if he carries it over then around the same- if he plays like he has for Utd since he joined then still 150 will suffice - we have to make a profit or not worth it even if form does not warrant it.

SerenityValley

200m+.

This isn’t about how much he’s worth compared to Neymar. This is not how the market work. We dont have a sliding scale of “neymar cost 200m and John smith cost £8 and a packet of polos, and everyone else should fall between”. The player will cost what the selling club is willing to Sell for and the buying club is willing to buy for. Now that may be 150m here or given utds strong position in terms of his contract and age, 200m+.

And someone needs to tell Pogba to shut his gob and get on with doing his job. “Unsettled” my bum - do your job. When you have people working in the fields for minimum wage who get treated like dirt, and can’t leave their job, it’s an insult for a pampered footballer to be whining about not getting on with his boss.

Gopher Brown

We don’t seem to be very intent on spending the money we have at the moment on players, so what would be the use in adding an extra £150m or whatever to the pile?

We have about 36hrs of the transfer window left, which means we’d never get a replacement through in time.

Beagle

I think it's silly to be thinking about this now since it's too late to go through in this window. But this situation will probably come up again in a year's time if we're still in a similar situation as we are now.

If he does end up leaving it's not a good precedent for United. Having potentially the best midfielder in the world for 2-3 seasons and not being able to get the best out of him. In recent years United are building up quite a list of world class players who failed to shine here. It might be a factor for new players who we try to sign in the near future.

Just regarding the Pogba situation though, it's becoming quite funny now. It was an abysmal mistake to let him go the first time when we had no midfield. And now 2 years after getting him back for a world record fee, we are realizing we can't fit him in properly. Rival fans must be pissing themselves laughing. We'd do the same I guess if it were the other way around.

simplyared

I want Mina at OT so any reasonable deal involving him would suit me. If Barca could throw in Rakitic then we would have the missing pieces in place and we can go for the title.
So something in the range of Mina + Raktic + 90mill

Beagle

Should the rest of the teams in the world just go home? Madrid were built around Zidane, who, quelle horreur, was a midfield player. Why would you not build around the most gifted midfielder of his generation?

He can be a match winner, and can drive a team to trophies, he clearly has the ability. As a United fan, I'm sure you think that Pogba is at worst as talented as Gerrard, correct?

Well, for all his faults and all the hatred he gets (of course this is expected from United fans, just as LFC fans hate Rooney), Gerrard drove a less talented squad of players to multiple trophies, with less able managers at the helm, poorer team mates (by a mile), and far lower investment, even accounting for transfer inflation. Why can't Pogba be that player for United?
He's saying that because he is hurt and upset that Pogba might leave. It's understandable.

I fully agree with what you're saying and believe we should have built our team around our best player. But for many reasons this has not happened. What will be even harder to watch is if/when he moves to a top team and becomes that kind of player. When you look at Barca's current midfield, there's every chance Pogba can be the main creative/attacking threat in that team for years to come.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Madrid didn't build around Zidane entirely. They built their team around a galactico policy and it failed overall. Zidane in his last 2 seasons at Real started to seriously wane before a swansong at the 2006 WC.

Pogba being as talented as Gerrard or not is irrelevant. I wouldn't build my team around players like that.

Pogba is better served as the cog in a functioning machine than as the singular main piece.
You might want to fix that argument, 32 years old is when you are supposed to seriously wane.:p

JPRouve

Scout
Right now? Consider that everyone who had a good world cup has overinflated prices. Consider also the late timing in the window.

I'd be pissed off if we accepted any less than £200 million making him the transfer record.
People seem to only consider it for Pogba, otherwise Rakitic wouldn't be in any deal. He is a better player and had an excellent WC, adding Dembélé and money has to be a piss-take.

GBBQ

People seem to only consider it for Pogba, otherwise Rakitic wouldn't be in any deal. He is a better player and had an excellent WC, adding Dembélé and money has to be a piss-take.
Rakitic is 30 and Barcelona are allegedly the ones pushing this deal. They'll have to come up with an amazing deal to make this work two days before the window closes and the league starts. Might equate to Barcelona overspending but at the same time if they really want Pogba and the other two are surplus to requirements it might be an easier way than them coming up with the cash equivalent.

Anyway its probably BS

BBer13

the thing with pogba is where do you find another one like him, he is a very unique player in what he is capable of doing on the pitch and the skill set he has. There are good midfielders out there but none would be available at such short notice and none have the quality of pogba in my opinion. It would have to be an unbelievable amount of money to get him, easily 150m+.

JPRouve

Scout
Rakitic is 30 and Barcelona are allegedly the ones pushing this deal. They'll have to come up with an amazing deal to make this work two days before the window closes and the league starts. Might equate to Barcelona overspending but at the same time if they really want Pogba and the other two are surplus to requirements it might be an easier way than them coming up with the cash equivalent.

Anyway its probably BS
Since when?

Chairman Woodie

After Pogba's performance in the World Cup, at least €200 million in my opinion. I would accept €170 million plus add-ons too.

Trizy

£150m with like £30m bonuses.

Personally I'd take Dembele + £70m.

Grib

If he's going give real a buzz, shove it up barca

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At this point in the market? Rakitic/Pjanic/Douglas Costa+£65M(i understand this to be Alderweireld's price?)

Or enough money to cover transfer fees for both Milinkovic and Toby

And i guess you'd have to take whatever offer if it includes Dybala/Coutinho

Or whatever real madrid can offer :cool::D

(But seriously, if Pogba wanted to leave he should have woke up about that in June. Not at the end of the window)

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
We really shouldn’t consider selling. It’s not a good look for a big club to be selling their big players.

Given his contract length, marketability and age, I think it would need a world record transfer fee for me to accept it.

hobbers

No less than £160m.

Although if you involved someone like Rakitic or Pjanic in a swap deal, who knows? Probably more like £80-100m.

AgentP

In this market, 200m for sure. Once our window closes, we'll refuse to sell any players for whatever the price.

Andersons Dietician

Would anyone *not* taker this? Pogba is a brilliant player but Dybala is the best player in Serie A (except Ronaldo) and Sandro is one of the world's best left backs.
Would hate to take it but if that was offered and Pogba was set on leaving then yeah, however I can’t see Dybala wanting to leave Juventus or Pogba vice versa for one of his mates. I’d imagine they’d rather play together.

Cash wise has to be in the 200 mil range, or if it’s Barca, then Dembele +70 mil or Dembele and Umtiti.

I’m surprised that PSG (probably can’t FFP it) or Madrid haven’t really been mentioned in this.

wolvored

Realistically we wouldnt get an offer higher than £110-120 million. I would have taken that 6 weeks ago, but its not going to happen now. The only downside to all this is an unhappy player who wont play for the club to the best of their ability. Can see Mou benching him and being sold for next season. Even offering an undeserved payrise wouldnt change a thing. Him and Mou are probably toxic to each other.

Sing you a song

We should sell him now while his stock is high after the World Cup
He is not cut out for the toughness of the prem and if he has another dismal season we will get half the money that we could get now

Massive ego
Vastly overrated
Doesn’t care about the club

Get rid

MrHozl

With Barca as the buying party I would actually accept Dembele + Rakitic.
With PSG as buyer, straight swap with Mbappe would be quite acceptable.
With Juve as buyer, Pjanic, Sandro and Dybala would be acceptable.
With RM as buyer, Varane and Kroos would be OK.

Straight cash offer: 170 ++

Camilo

He's not really done much to increase his price since he's been here. Had a decent world cup though. Probably low 100s, maybe 120 million.

But it would need to be done early in the window. At this point it's pointless entertaining any offer unless it's one including players who would walk into our starting lineup. After tomorrow, we won't sell at any price. Someone could offer 200 million, but unless he's replaced in the team, that just gives us 200 million and a weaker side for the rest of the season. What's the point?

Eddy_JukeZ

He's not really done much to increase his price since he's been here. Had a decent world cup though. Probably low 100s, maybe 120 million.

But it would need to be done early in the window. At this point it's pointless entertaining any offer unless it's one including players who would walk into our starting lineup. After tomorrow, we won't sell at any price. Someone could offer 200 million, but unless he's replaced in the team, that just gives us 200 million and a weaker side for the rest of the season. What's the point?
He had a good world cup and the market has risen, therefore players' values have risen as well.

The BlackGaijin

200 + 3 champions league titles . Maybe then they can have him. We will just buy him back in a few years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.