What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

I think it's simply because many of our fans are too blinded by personal hatred towards this or that player (like Pogba and Lingard's social media activity). We've been bad this season but imagining it without Pogba :lol:
Yep, and I'm pretty sure that not so small amount of those people is projecting their frustration of Mourinho's failure towards Pogba.

Just to add to your last part and highlight the irony even more, there are people that were defending our poor tactics and performance against City due to us not having Pogba available for that match, and now he's suddenly 'persona non grata'.

Litch

Really the number of people willing to part ways with Pogba without even giving him a chance under a different, more positive, attacking manager is truly worrying. Especially considering he's our best outfield player.
Crazy isn't it. Sad but if Jose is here next season, there is no way he is staying as the damage is irreparable. Pogba going to PSG would be my bet....

ravi2

Crazy isn't it. Sad but if Jose is here next season, there is no way he is staying as the damage is irreparable. Pogba going to PSG would be my bet....
I cannot imagine how Jose would still be here next season. I don't see us finishing in the top 4 and missing that target usually gets one fired.

I do not think we should be entertaining any offers for Pogba until we see him play under a different manager.

Fracture90

With our board I wouldn't put it past them to keep Mourinho no matter what, but likewise I can't see Pogba moving to PSG either tbh. Don't think he fancies it playing in France, league is too weak. Maybe a move to Madrid or back to Juventus is more likely...of course if it comes to that.

ravi2

With our board I wouldn't put it past them to keep Mourinho no matter what, but likewise I can't see Pogba moving to PSG either tbh. Don't think he fancies it playing in France, league is too weak. Maybe a move to Madrid or back to Juventus is more likely...of course if it comes to that.
What would be the justification for keeping Jose?
The results, style of play and player morale are all terrible. He is literally doing nothing right.

Litch

Can't see Jose going either because there isn't a natural replacement for him. We are literally waiting for a top manager to fail in order to replace him. You might be right but after the experience of 'going back to a club you left' I'm not sure he'd want that again plus I'm not sure Juv have that kind of money. CR was different as not sure (inc us) wanted to pay that outlay for a player of his age. Pogs contract given he still got a couple of years left to run plus his signing on fee would be over 200m I reckon. Madrid don't have that kind of money without selling but PSG do....

Fracture90

Hope this does not happen. Not even if we qualify for top 4 hard task althoiugh still possible, even if we win Champions League by some massive stroke of look I'd still want him gone.
The fact that whomever has the most decorated CV is their main criteria when it comes to appointment manager is what makes me worried.

Fracture90

What would be the justification for keeping Jose?
The results, style of play and player morale are all terrible. He is literally doing nothing right.
Hey I agree with what you're saying, but they look for whomever has the most decorated CV and is available atm, that's the worrying part. They're taking the business approach.

SteveW

Theres absolutely no point in selling Pogba. Let the next manager decide.

Fracture90

Can't see Jose going either because there isn't a natural replacement for him. We are literally waiting for a top manager to fail in order to replace him. You might be right but after the experience of 'going back to a club you left' I'm not sure he'd want that again plus I'm not sure Juv have that kind of money. CR was different as not sure (inc us) wanted to pay that outlay for a player of his age. Pogs contract given he still got a couple of years left to run plus his signing on fee would be over 200m I reckon. Madrid don't have that kind of money without selling but PSG do....
Exactly what I'm afraid of. Our board is looking for good CV and not much else.

Fracture90

That is why I can see then trying all out to get Zidane when Jose eventually leaves, although he is definitely not my preferred choice for the job.
Which again highlights the issue, they only look for whomever has got the most shiny CV. For what is worth I don't think Zidane would take UTD job, think he's eyeing Juventus or even France NT jobs.

ravi2

Hey I agree with what you're saying, but they look for whomever has the most decorated CV and is available atm, that's the worrying part. They're taking the business approach.
I believe our board is stupid but not crazy enough to want Jose to continue as manager. I don't think Jose wants to continue as well. He just wants to collect his pay out and leave

Eric's Seagull

Which again highlights the issue, they only look for whomever has got the most shiny CV. For what is worth I don't think Zidane would take UTD job, think he's eyeing Juventus or even France NT jobs.
I also think that he wants the Juve job. He's already a legend there and I think he further wants to enhance it and for what its worth I could see him taking the France job after this and doing really well as he has a very good group of players to choose from and I read he doesnt like building teams.

Fracture90

I believe our board is stupid but not crazy enough to want Jose to continue as manager. I don't think Jose wants to continue as well. He just wants to collect his pay out and leave
Well they're not exactly footballing people and by the looks of it they don't really heed the warnings of those footballing people on the board either, the likes of Sir Bobby, hence why we ended up with Mourinho.

Could be I'm just being paranoid tbh and they're working on sacking him.

Fracture90

I also think that he wants the Juve job. He's already a legend there and I think he further wants to enhance it and for what its worth I could see him taking the France job after this and doing really well as he has a very good group of players to choose from and I read he doesnt like building teams.
Guess we will see, hope he's not one of those who's scared of taking on challenges because he's afraid of losing his winning record.

Litch

Jose going nowhere because I believe he and the board know it's Hobson's choice. Like said, they are literally waiting for someone to get the sack and the irony is it's the same as trying to sign WC players, doesn't matter how much money you are willing to offer, teams know good players and managers are hard to replace. I'm not entirely sure that these so called good managers are that good anyway. We have seen it before players and managers alike, inc Jose that this place finds people out.

AndyJ1985

If we had any other manager this wouldn't even be a hypothetical question. Mourinho has done so much damage at this club there's actually serious discussion about selling our best player. It was the same with Martial in the summer. Mourinho is going to slowly destroy us and we're going to sit idly by and chant his name at OT while everything burns down around us

Eric's Seagull

Guess we will see, hope he's not one of those who's scared of taking on challenges because he's afraid of losing his winning record.
Hope so as well as it takes balls to step out of your comfort zone and I respect anybody who does this.
I think if someone is willing to pit a winning record on the line it shows character.

Also if they choose the (seemingly) easier route there are always going to be people who think that a certain persons career was not as good as it could have been by not taking on a bigger challenge.

Also I think at the end of the career some managers might look back and wish they had taken a harder job so they get mentioned higher in the level of all time greats.

Litch

Who would be your choice, if you don't mind me asking?
It's a great question and exactly highlights why Jose is going nowhere. Some of my initial thoughts, those managers have recently only moved to their respective clubs. The other older managers would be short term appointments to 'steady the ship' and say a young English manager like Eddie H (who I do rate) would be a massive risk. The other issue is this place is turning into a managers graveyard and look at those managers careers after it. Jose in my opinion would never get a top job again after this and he knows it. Who would take him?

Eric's Seagull

It's a great question and exactly highlights why Jose is going nowhere. Some of my initial thoughts, those managers have recently only moved to their respective clubs. The other older managers would be short term appointments to 'steady the ship' and say a young English manager like Eddie H (who I do rate) would be a massive risk. The other issue is this place is turning into a managers graveyard and look at those managers careers after it. Jose in my opinion would never get a top job again after this and he knows it. Who would take him?
From an article I read he seems to think that Florentinio Perez would welcome him back at Real Madrid but I am concerned that he did too much damage there by arguing with his players.
Especially Ramos and Marcelo amongst others and I think the damage is irreparable and the players would not want him back.
So I don't know where his next job could be.
Like you said Eddy Howe is a massive gamble and could put us in a similar situation to the Moyes one but I would pick Leonardo Jardim, I think with the right guys around him preferably Paul Mitchell and Luis Campos he could be the right man for us.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hypothetically, what would happen if we were to make Pogba available in a straight swap deal with some of our Premier League rivals. Some example scenarios:

- Pogba for Lucas Torreira (Arsenal)

- Pogba for Kevin de Bruyne (Man City)

- Pogba for Jorginho (Chelsea)

- Pogba for N'Golo Kante (Chelsea)

- Pogba for Christian Eriksen (Spurs)

- Pogba for Dele Alli (Spurs)

I don't think any of those offers would be taken, and most would probably be met with incredulous laughter. Honestly, I don't even think Liverpool would entertain a swap for Jordan Henderson.

We're likely to make a loss on Paul Pogba when we sell him - his value to a Premier League team is less than any of the players I listed above. Our best chance of a decent fee is for a southern European team to come in for him, and that would also be the best outcome for Paul Pogba himself. If we can get £50 million, that would be reasonable.
Batshit.

Fracture90

Hope so as well as it takes balls to step out of your comfort zone and I respect anybody who does this.
I think if someone is willing to pit a winning record on the line it shows character.

Also if they choose the (seemingly) easier route there are always going to be people who think that a certain persons career was not as good as it could have been by not taking on a bigger challenge.

Also I think at the end of the career some managers might look back and wish they had taken a harder job so they get mentioned higher in the level of all time greats.
Yup, great point. Think that's what majority of people are holding against Guardiola and his decisions which teams to manage.

68Guns

Well hes a world cup winner and scorer in the final. He is one hell of a player, just not for us. On that basis we need double what we paid for him otherwise its a no-deal. Plus a sell on clause of 50% of any future transfer fee and first option to buy him back for ½ of what he is being valued at if the new club decides to cash in/off-load.

RAVred

100 million in this market, personally based on his performance at Utd id be disgusted at my club spending anything more than 60. So I guess we are stuck with him

Cathy Ferguson

Luckily he is French and PSG have a shitload of money. Or a swap with Barca and Dembele might be in the cards, even though I prefer Sancho. Most likely we are stuck with the sulking primadonna.

T A

Dybala or Verratti or Dembele in exchange. I would take costa + cancelo as well

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Really depends on Pogba himself.
If he gets his head down and performs to the best of his ability and does that consistently then no reason for him to leave.

If he doesn't then I am sure his loyal agent will broker a move for a good fee.

Zlatattack

1. Why would we sell our most talented outfield player when the problem is our manager?

2. Why would we sell him when he's under performing and worth less than this potential value.

Sack the manager, not sell your assets.

Kag

There isn’t one.

We would be even worse and we’d be selling one of the world’s best midfielders to a team that utilises him as exactly that. We’d be mocked very quickly as he plays fabulously elsewhere. Just like Juventus. Just like France.

But.. but.. Milinkovic-Savic? feck me.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He goes, DeGea goes and Martial goes. We are pretty much Everton after that. Like the poster above says. The next thread is ‘we need quality’. I just find the hypocrisy hilarious. He sat out two games, what do you mean he’s not first choice. Like we are top of the league or something.
Three games now...

DSG

I’d sell him for 90m now in a heartbeat. His value is only going down.

If we wait until summer, he’s most likely to fetch a bit more, maybe 120m.

Status
Not open for further replies.