What's happened to De Gea?

crossy1686

career ending
If you have to ask, only this emote is fit as response really. :houllier:
You must be referring to when he kept running his contract down because he wanted to join Madrid? Did us a real solid then. Or maybe when he cost us the top 4 at the end of last season? Or held us to ransom over a new contract when we were shit. Real hero is our Dave.

evil_geko

You must be referring to when he kept running his contract down because he wanted to join Madrid? Did us a real solid then. Or maybe when he cost us the top 4 at the end of last season? Or held us to ransom over a new contract when we were shit. Real hero is our Dave.
:houllier:

Jackal981

Tbh in his prime he is one of the best I’ve ever seen. But I agree with all of your points above. He costed us top 4 last season. Ole need to be ruthless and bin him

TheRedDevil2019

De gea wasnt going to age well like the other goalkeepers do.

He was using his reflexes and instincts which benefits him whilst he is young.

Now he clearly doesnt have it to the same standards.
Nothing to do with reflexes, he just pulled off a very good save tipping the ball round the post. De Gea lacks focus and looks mentally shot. Like he expects to make a mistake every game, which explains why it happens so frequently.

evil_geko

Yeah you're right, he's most certainly the best goalkeeper in the world and deserves to be paid as that. :wenger:
Did anyone argue with that? I am just arguing idiotic and disrespectful name calling, nothing more.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Ok most people are judging his form - if you want to just listen to a couple of people then that's on you. You think he's worth this place?

El Zoido

I just don’t know how he let that in. Can’t get my head around it.

vidic blood & sand

We have our very own David James. Let one in one minute then do miracle the next.
I actually went to school with DJ BTW and was his mate. Played with him while he was on schoolboy terms with Watford.

SteveW

First step is admitting he's done. Most including our management seem unwilling to do that. Shouldn't play for us again.

fps

He’s a bit older, has other things going on in his life, just got the contract of his dreams, has played a lot of football.

Subconsciously or not, it just doesn’t mean as much to him any more.

NinjaFletch

Nothing to do with reflexes, he just pulled off a very good save tipping the ball round the post. De Gea lacks focus and looks mentally shot. Like he expects to make a mistake every game, which explains why it happens so frequently.
He's weak as piss and has been throughout his time here.

Do you remember the howler against Sunderland in the Carabao Cup?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
First step is admitting he's done. Most including our management seem unwilling to do that. Shouldn't play for us again.
Yes but with the contract he's on, we're stuck with him for a very long time.

Djemba-Djemba

De Gea is an utter fecking liability.

The idea of us going to Leicester on the last day needing a result to make top 4 with De Gea in net shitting himself with nerves.

Disaster waiting to happen .

He's cost us top 4 before, he'll do it again

Zoo

Who knows but first step is for player and manager to acknowledge that he is well below standards. He can’t be protected anymore.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
It seems as if his head is not in the game. I think you need to look at his personal life. Does he have a gambling problem or a girlfriend problem? Seems like he is not 100% in the game and thinking about something else.

Irwin99

Inexplicable. He's not in his late 30s or 40s; He should be in his prime as a goalkeeper.

crossy1686

career ending
Certain Fergie would have sold him before now, but then again we wouldn't be beholden to goalkeeper who occasionally makes world class saves under Fergie either

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Inexplicable. He's not in his late 30s or 40s; He should be in his prime as a goalkeeper.
He's always relied more on the physical aspects of his game (reflexes) than on the mental / tactical aspects (positioning, defensive organization, etc). So it makes sense he would decline at an earlier age than other keepers.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He looks like he's regressed back to the days of wandering around Tesco forgetting to pay for doughnuts - he can't concentrate enough.

RoyH1

Terrible form. I don’t know if he can ever get back to being a top 3 keeper. A lot of it is mental and could be addressed with the right coaching. But I don’t know if we have the setup for that.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Terrible form. I don’t know if he can ever get back to being a top 3 keeper. A lot of it is mental and could be addressed with the right coaching. But I don’t know if we have the setup for that.
Didn't the club sack his handpicked coach when he signed the new contract?

crossy1686

career ending
Didn't the club sack his handpicked coach when he signed the new contract?
No, he wanted to leave under Mourinho, the club wanted him to stay so they went out and got his GK coach from Atletico. De Gea signed a new contract despite telling his GK coach he was going to leave at the end of his current deal so the GK coach left as he felt he couldn't trust De Gea anymore and he wanted to stop working with him

PoTMS

Ole is the reason we've lost but he's the reason why we're getting thrashed. If we didn't concede so early, we wouldn't have dropped our heads so much.

m1tch

18 months ago the aliens from Space Jam visited Carrington and came across De Gea and Sanchez.