What's it like being a modmin on Redcafe?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Niall rightfully fired me for being the most lasses-faire newbie mod ever - found it simply impossible to frequent the forums and do work at the same time. Don't know how you guys find the time to do that and be as involved on the mains forums as you guys are.. huge respect to all of you.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Niall rightfully fired me for being the most lasses-faire newbie mod ever - found it simply impossible to frequent the forums and do work at the same time. Don't know how you guys find the time to do that and be as involved on the mains forums as you guys are.. huge respect to all of you.
Newbies are easy.

The tricky ones are mains posters. Sometimes you have to read an entire thread and know the backstory to understand what led up to a particular post/posts. Then you've got to decide what you're actually looking at: banter, handbags at dawn, thread-derailing, wumming, arguing, tit-for-tat, insulting, abusive, and all points in between.

Great job editing @Raees 's post, team.
:smirk:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Newbies are easy.

The tricky ones are mains posters. Sometimes you have to read an entire thread and know the backstory to understand what led up to a particular post/posts. Then you've got to decide what you're actually looking at: banter, handbags at dawn, thread-derailing, wumming, arguing, tit-for-tat, insulting, abusive, and all points in between.

:smirk:
For me as I am already frequenting the mains, it wouldn't be as difficult. I underestimated how tough it is to basically go through another entire forum's worth of opinions on the same topics we discuss.

You guys are saints.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Brews worked out well as a modmin, obtained vast amounts of willy photos and created wangcafe.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I bet the worst gig one can have is moderating the football forum. The state of that place sometimes.

Moderating the entertainment forum must be a breeze.

Revan

Assumptionman
I bet the worst gig one can have is moderating the football forum. The state of that place sometimes.

Moderating the entertainment forum must be a breeze.
Especially with Weaste going. Before it was Playstation vs Xbox forum.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The salary package is good (inc. health coverage and annual paid leave to Cancún ( ˘ ³˘)❤) - which is all that matters to mercenaries like me. Passing judgement on, and warning/banning people people I've never met does weigh on my conscience, though. Wonder if the ancient modmins are unflinching dementors by now.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I've been a mod before on various sites, one was easy because the people weren't interested in being horrible, the other one was less easy due to a few people purposely trying to make it difficult, they got banned soon enough.

As a lot of posters here are mostly decent I imagine it's not too difficult but not too easy either with the amount of activity.

Fracture90

The mods here are great.

Just one thing though: who makes the constant thread title changes?

'there will be blud fam' for the arsenalmania thread was good - the rest are god awful
Cmon how can you not appreciate that Jurgen Klopp thread title changes?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
There used to be a lot of miserable feckers, but they have pretty much all gone now and the current crop are no problem. Brewlio is a miserable fecker, tbf, but only to maintain his hardman image. He's a pussy cat really.

* Colin shut the feck up you boring dick. It's posters like you that have killed the general. Well done wankers.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
All can be revealed with the use of the fat pigeon meme.