What's the latest news on MH370?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I believe they crash landed on a mysterious island and are battling the natives and a smoke monster.

arnie_ni

Anyone watched the doc?

It's actually mindblowing this hasn't been found yet

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Anyone watched the doc?

It's actually mindblowing this hasn't been found yet
no.

my mate reckons it flew into a different dimension where there aren’t any planes and each of the passengers were burned at the stake as witches.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Opens the thread for something useful.

Last 3 posts are by horsechoker and rimaldo. :rolleyes:
some of the finest minds in the world have failed to find it. i don’t think you’ll crack it with the odd useful titbit from the caf.

hodgey123

Was quite excited to watch the Netflix documentary but it was terrible. Was just 3 episodes of progressively worse conspiracy theories rather than any focus on potential explanations.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
William Langewiesche is the guy to read on this.
we’re trying to have a serious and intellectual debate. we don’t need you coming in here asking us to read a fake book by a bill longweiner (some of us have a basic grasp of german, as well as being expert plane trackers.)

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
we’re trying to have a serious and intellectual debate. we don’t need you coming in here asking us to read a fake book by a bill longweiner (some of us have a basic grasp of german, as well as being expert plane trackers.)
A plane looks like a long wiener

ExoduS

Watched Netflix documentary. Looks that only plausible explanation is that it crashed into Indian Ocean somewhere and no one can find it.

Either pilot when rogue or it got hijacked by someone who never reached the destination (if all that debris is really from MH370).

Crazy mystery. I feel terrible for families of those passengers. It was hard to watch. They still have hope that their loved ones are alive as there is no closure.

Devil77

Was quite excited to watch the Netflix documentary but it was terrible. Was just 3 episodes of progressively worse conspiracy theories rather than any focus on potential explanations.
You’re spot on. The series could have been compressed to a single episode and they should have relied more on real experts instead of a bunch of conspiracy theorists. Glad they at least ended it with some sane voices though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There was nothing of interest on the documentary and the theories were just wacky.

But the one thing that I did find strange, and never heard about before, is the guy who started rolling up all over the place and just finding debris with ease. The same guy, yet nobody else was finding it or thinking to say anything about this debris on their beaches.

His story was that he spoke to some oceanographers and they tipped where to look, and there it was. Does that not pose lots of questions in itself? Whether it actually is some conspiracy or these guys were just running a mockery of the experts working on it and had a far better understanding of where these parts were likely to wash up. Just felt off to me.

The other thing that seemed huge but got brushed over very quickly, is how passengers on the plane were trying to call their loved ones hours after it had gone missing, and their phones continued to have a dial tone for a long time. Has an explanation ever been given for this?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
There was nothing of interest on the documentary and the theories were just wacky.

But the one thing that I did find strange, and never heard about before, is the guy who started rolling up all over the place and just finding debris with ease. The same guy, yet nobody else was finding it or thinking to say anything about this debris on their beaches.

His story was that he spoke to some oceanographers and they tipped where to look, and there it was. Does that not pose lots of questions in itself? Whether it actually is some conspiracy or these guys were just running a mockery of the experts working on it and had a far better understanding of where these parts were likely to wash up. Just felt off to me.

The other thing that seemed huge but got brushed over very quickly, is how passengers on the plane were trying to call their loved ones hours after it had gone missing, and their phones continued to have a dial tone for a long time. Has an explanation ever been given for this?
The calls were never traced as well. A plane full of missing people and someone claims they received a call from a passenger but they didn't even bother to trace it. Whole thing seems like a coverup. Maybe the airline or Boeing knew that they would be in some serious trouble if the plane is found or if any of the survivors are found.

The Cyndi Hendry discovery was also puzzling. She saw satellite images of what she thought could be flight MH370 but she was totally ignored by the relevant officials investigating the case. Their reason being that they are convinced theplane crased in the Indian Ocean but what she saw was in the South China Sea.

arnie_ni

Not sure how much of the phone calls I believe. If you receive a phone call from someone who was on the plane you answer it immediately. You don't run around asking people do you answer it and then let it run out. Not sure how believeable that story was.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jeff King is a well respected Aviation journalist so it did feel weird for him to lean so hard into a crazy conspiracy theory, but it sounds like he was obsessed with the case and probably looking for any feasible reason why it disappeared.

The documentary itself was silly though, they gave by far the most plausible explanation (the pilot went mad) in the first episode and then leant into total lunacy.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Was getting enraged by that guy who thought it was the Russians but then burst out laughing at the point where the adventure guy is talking about what he's been accused of being.

Poor bloke - 'I've been accused of being an American spy, a Russian spy, a Chinese spy, an international organ trafficker, an international sex trafficker'
Stupid guy - 'I really didn't have an evidence'

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Thinking back, there was a story somewhere of a large structure being built in Russia on satellite photos before the plane vanished. After the plane had vanished the structure was no longer there. Was it a hanger?

RyRoc

None of the explanations seem plausible, but would suggest the most likely was the pilot purposely crashing it in the middle of the ocean. The thing that didn’t add up is that for that to happen the plane would have flown hours across land without being tracked. I’m not sure if this would be possible but I’m no expert in this field.

Jerch

Well im surprised noone talked about this yet on this forum.

Its going wild on reddit. If you leave the door open that those videos are not a hoax, which because of wild accusations and supernatural implications is big if, strange and conflicting reports about this mistery like relatives getting calls and passengers phones ringing after the incident became just so much more interesting. As far as I understand there is also a third footage. What do we think about this?

It's even more interesting because for years some "ufologist" like Ross Coulthard, Robert Bigelow and Jacques Vallée hinted that UFO phenomenon could be connected with something that could use spacetime wormholes or live amongs in another dimension to others. According to string theory there are 11 dimensions so even if that seems strange it wouldn't be implausible.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Well im surprised noone talked about this yet on this forum.

Its going wild on reddit. If you leave the door open that those videos are not a hoax, which because of wild accusations and supernatural implications is big if, strange and conflicting reports about this mistery like relatives getting calls and passengers phones ringing after the incident became just so much more interesting. As far as I understand there is also a third footage. What do we think about this?

It's even more interesting because for years some "ufologist" like Ross Coulthard, Robert Bigelow and Jacques Vallée hinted that UFO phenomenon could be connected with something that could use spacetime wormholes or live amongs in another dimension to others. According to string theory there are 11 dimensions so even if that seems strange it wouldn't be implausible.
Watched some of the video, isn't it implied the videos are highly likely to be fake as the equipment (satellite drone) that captured the videos doesn't have the technology to record in that capacity? ie it doesn't have a camera? The videos look ridiculously fake the way they just disappear too, and when you add the parts of the plane that were found on the shores of Mozambique, i think it's pretty obvious this is a non starter?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
And they just so happen to both be emerging now, nearly a decade later, and with the video identifiers onscreen conveniently trimmed so as to not quite be legible. Solid 9.0 on the hoax-o-meter.

prateik

Where has the video come from? Why do people believe it? The first thought has to be that its fake.. any reason to think otherwise?

From what I remember, the flight was out of radar range out in the South China Sea.. why would there be a drone tracking the flight for no reason? It's not like it was in the mainland and cameras pointed up accidentally filmed it.

Jerch

Watched some of the video, isn't it implied the videos are highly likely to be fake as the equipment (satellite drone) that captured the videos doesn't have the technology to record in that capacity? ie it doesn't have a camera? The videos look ridiculously fake the way they just disappear too, and when you add the parts of the plane that were found on the shores of Mozambique, i think it's pretty obvious this is a non starter?
Everything seems fishy as much as I read about it but I'm no expert into any of this things, drones or cgi. About satelite not having a video camera in the video I posted Mudahar discuses about satelite drone lacking cameras but some commenters posted that as it is classified satellite that it could have other capabilities that are not discussed with public for example cameras.
And they just so happen to both be emerging now, nearly a decade later, and with the video identifiers onscreen conveniently trimmed so as to not quite be legible. Solid 9.0 on the hoax-o-meter.
They were posted i think in 2014 but like many things on internet it just didn't went viral. Also the channel that original posted it was closed. The fact that they are old videos ads to believability since poster didn't pushed them very hard, cgi technology wasnt as sophisticated as it is now and the timeline being posted in a month after disappearance make it much harder to be a hoax since a hoaxer wouldn't have much time to cgi it. As much as I read people write a lot about clouds going into different direction etc which is hard to fake or replicate in cgi especially in such thight timeframe. No expert here, just posting what I read.
And why they emerged now. One of the speculation is that it's actually planted from government and other is that it emerged from someone just finding it. Both speculations being connected to big interested into a topic after congressional hearing about ULP/UFOs.

Also the video from Fravor incident which was later confirmed by government and writen by new york times and cnbc in that 3 declassified videos article was in the same way on the internet before anything came out from that article. Fravor even mentions it how his ex coworker sended him the link to the video just few years after incident and years before they were declassified and confirmed to be real.
Where has the video come from? Why do people believe it? The first thought has to be that its fake.. any reason to think otherwise?

From what I remember, the flight was out of radar range out in the South China Sea.. why would there be a drone tracking the flight for no reason? It's not like it was in the mainland and cameras pointed up accidentally filmed it.
Well I'm just speaking what I read and for me it is interesting topic. I often fall into UFO things for few days until everything just seems to off and I'm off it until something like that again pops up. The last time I followed it was when those 3 videos were confirmed by government years ago and now when I saw this. But by reports like pilot Fravor and other similar reputable people something is definitely happening and not much information what it is is provided.
So to be it's fake as first reaction and not objectively look at it is maybe wrong approach. But even if it is wrong I would have same reaction watching the video if there wouldn't be big discussion about it for a week now and not many concrete evidence that it's fake. It's just seems to crazy.

As why the filmed it, fact is everything about this flight was strange. Plane flew for hours after last contact and it's not out of the question that someone knew that or had more info what is really going on and used spy equipment to track it. There were other articles about UFO/ULP being spotted by Chinese on days before disappearance and also if I'm not mistaken USA had some military training in the area.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The plane flew on autopilot until it crashed in the southern ocean or flown by the pilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed into the ocean or he flew it into the ocean. All the credible evidence suggests this and although I doubt that we will ever prove for sure that it was murder/suicide by pilot it does seem to be by far the the most likely cause. Occam's razor and all that.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
To the day 10 years ago today.

Would be surprised if they ever discover the truth based on evidence at this point, but it looks like they are not ready to give up yet.

Abizzz

To the day 10 years ago today.

Would be surprised if they ever discover the truth based on evidence at this point, but it looks like they are not ready to give up yet.
As long as people keep looking you never know. There were plenty of shipwrecks found in the last decades that had been assumed lost forever for centuries, and technology will only improve. I wouldn't hold my breath for results though.