What's the worst decision you've seen go for and against us?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not directly, but Chelsea not getting a pen versus Barcelona in 09 cost United the Champions League.

In light Barca being accused of paying refs at that time, this game looks extra suspicious.

Lexicon Red Devil

When I have had time to think about it - Paul Bosvelt only getting a yellow for that "tackle" on Irwin - might possible be the worst decision involving United. Most others you can sort of explain away, the ref missed it - the linesman was in a bad position etc - but that was possible the most red card in modern day and age that wasnt given
That was the first one that came to mind. What a bunch of absolute scumbags Bosvelt and the Feyernoord bench were after the tackle as well. Fergie rightly called them out on it as well. The Shaw tackle against PSV was equally bad.

For us I guess the Mendes no goal for Spurs has to be up there and was probably made worse for Spurs fans considering their appalling record against us during that period.

The problem is that so many decisions go against us these days, but opposition fans only ever seem to remember the odd decision we actually get in our favour. This season has been truly ridiculous in both Europe and the League. Almost at the point where it doesn't even feel like a real sport anymore, because they just make up the rules as they go along.

Lexicon Red Devil

In light Barca being accused of paying refs at that time, this game looks extra suspicious.
Probably the worst refereeing performance in the history of the game if we're being honest. I really didn't want Chelsea to win at the time, but by the end of the game I was seriously rooting for them because of the clear injustice of it all.

Real shame that all anybody remembers that game for is the ref and not that Essien goal. My word, what a volley that was and on his weaker foot too.

GazTheLegend

Yeah, UEFA looked after the Spanish top two on the regular to the point where Alex Ferguson got a fine for questioning their impartiality.

Oranges038

I hindsight given the physicality of the league and some of what you could get away with at the time. Cantona's red card vs Palace that resulted in the kung fu kick interaction was a quite harsh. Barely touched the guy and he went down like he was shot.

Moriarty

I hindsight given the physicality of the league and some of what you could get away with at the time. Cantona's red card vs Palace that resulted in the kung fu kick interaction was a quite harsh. Barely touched the guy and he went down like he was shot.
Cantona had a target on his back in those days' him and Di Canio.

Fitchett

A random one that sticks out in my mind is when McT didn't get a penalty for being full on assaulted by Kongolo when we played Huddersfield Town at Old Trafford.

Can't find a video of it but here's a pic to rejog everyones memory

Referee Stuart Attwell was about 5 yards away with an uninterrupted view and let play go on for a good while, before realising that McTominay needed treatment.

Fitchett

Against - Denis Irwin's ludicrous second yellow card from David Elleray at Anfield in the mid 1990's, for making a genuine attempt to keep the ball in play.

For - Pedro Mendes / Roy Carroll no goal.

Fingeredmouse

Against - Denis Irwin's ludicrous second yellow card from David Elleray at Anfield in the mid 1990's, for making a genuine attempt to keep the ball in play.
Christ, I'd forgotten this. Wasn't it the '98/'99 season and right at the end. Remember thinking it might've cost us the league.

lysglimt

Scout
Christ, I'd forgotten this. Wasn't it the '98/'99 season and right at the end. Remember thinking it might've cost us the league.
Yeah it was the 2-2 game - we went 2-0 up (remember Carragher kicked Blomqvist I think - in the chest to win us a penalty) - and then Paul Ince equalized just before the end and celebrated madly in front of the United-fans

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That McTominey eye-poke decision at Spurs a few of seasons ago was quite ridiculous I remember thinking. Led to a good goal by Cavani being ruled out for a ‘foul’.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Paul Scholes goal against Porto the year they won the UCL. 3 players were clearly playing him onside. Think we would've won the UCL that year, Mourinho might not have gone to Chelski etc.
Or ended up at United, how small things can change the course

Garnacho's Shoelaces

That McTominey eye-poke decision at Spurs a few of seasons ago was quite ridiculous I remember thinking. Led to a good goal by Cavani being ruled out for a ‘foul’.
The worst thing about this was the cheating by Son. He remained on the floor feigning unconsciousness for several minutes. THFC medics ran on with oxygen believing a serious head injury had occurred. Replays showed there was either no or minimal contact, consisting of the lightest of cheek brushings.

How it ever got ruled as a 'foul' is beyond me but PMGOL doubling down and releasing a statement confirming the decision is beyond explanation when we've seen PMGOL apologising to Wolves within 10 minutes of the Onana decision this season which was not even clear cut.

How Son escaped retrospective punishment for simulating a serious head injury undermines the game.