When Berbatov scores

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
When Berbatov scores it will surely be the biggest collective wank in the history of wanking.

On a side note, he had some really good bits of play today. Still adapting to the way we play. Looks to be gaining that edge we need.

GodlovesUnited

When Berbatov scores is will surely be the biggest collective wank in the history of wanking.

On a side not, he had some really good bits of play today. Still adapting to the way we play. Looks to be gaining that edge we need.
He looked so pissed when the ball wasn't coming his way in the first half and in the second until Rooney and Scholes came on. Even after that he looked like he was ready to murder Nani. His touch let him down when he was alone right in front of the six yard box on a shot (?) ricochet; he would surely have scored. A decent outing overall, he seemed to link up very well with Ronaldo and Rooney.

Ekeke

Came to life when he saw Rooney warming up. He even started tackling and I may even have detected a bead of sweat on his brow. When Scholes and Rooney came on to run the show, he played a lot more like the Berbatov you've seen on youtube.

He did have that one moment though, where his first touch was appauling trying to bring the ball down in the box. But everyone will have forgotten that by now and I expect many "His first touch :drool:" posts in this thread.

I can feel that he is getting his match sharpness back. Its a shame that we ran out of time because he looked like he was really enjoying the last 20 mins of the game. He has had chances in every game he has played so far and its inevitable that he will soon score. If only we made more use of him in the first half. When his first goal does come then he should be just fine.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
Second half today was the first time I've seen him drop back into midfield to pick up the ball & link the midfield to the attack. He'll come good when he gets fitter & gets used to how the team play.

marcus agrippa

&quot;Clattenburg!- Jesus God!&quot; - SAF
there was a bit of play when he shrugged off a challenge and dribbled past two or three players on the fly, before dinking a pass off wide. unfortunately Ronaldo was offside (or so the assistant claimed).

that was magic.

Berbatov will be back soon, i can feel it.

hopefully against Aalborg.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He wont be able to get to sleep tonight thinking of that chance he got horribly wrong when he took his eye off the ball.
Wish hed have scored today.

Fergies Formula

i want him to play against aalborg, i got a feeling he will score if he does, the final whistle was coming to soon for him, with scholes and rooney in the game he was starting to look like the berbatov we all know, he had a natrual understanding with the other 2 geniuses on the pitch, it was beautiful to watch at times and id love for them 3 to be involved on tuesday.

Some of his touches were getting my cock twitching, as you saw the confidence start to flow into his game the team started to look much more deadly, and the interchaning wth him and rooney was beautiful, they have got the makings of the best partnership in world football, they just need some time, with tevez having to sit on the bench for a few games.

There was enough on show today to give me some feel belief that he will be a success and take us up a level from last year, fergie just needs to find the right balance

Legend16

Have to admit I find his contribution so far very disappointing. not talking about him being a bad player cos I think he's class. just that his attitude is lazy at best. I thought he would really step up to the plate at united and take things by the scruff of the neck. havnt seen it so far. I totally take the point that he's had some hard games but I think if we're all honest we expected far more from the lad. I seriously hope its coming. But I have not seen any improvement in the team as a result of his arrival.

IhabX7

He wont be able to get to sleep tonight thinking of that chance he got horribly wrong when he took his eye off the ball.
Very unlike him wasnt it? terrible first touch. But its the pressure of being a 30m Man United striker. When he gets his first he will get many. I say about 18 in all competitions.

Fergies Formula

Have to admit I find his contribution so far very disappointing. not talking about him being a bad player cos I think he's class. just that his attitude is lazy at best. I thought he would really step up to the plate at united and take things by the scruff of the neck. havnt seen it so far. I totally take the point that he's had some hard games but I think if we're all honest we expected far more from the lad. I seriously hope its coming. But I have not seen any improvement in the team as a result of his arrival.
games since berbatov arrival

liverpool away - sets up a goal in the first 5 mins, then is isolated as the team drops deeper and deeper, going for long balls, lacking width and any shape - lose 2-1

chelsea away - has his shot saved which parks scores on rebound, not really in the game as chelsea dominate in the second half, some neat touches in the first whilst still isolated, draw 1-1

bolton home - starts slowly then in the second half starts to find his feet, and as soon as rooney and scholes are introduced, magic starts to happen, 1 touch, nice intelligent play and interchange, no surprise its instigated by the 3 geniuses patrolling the field. result 2-0

see a pattern?

He is slowly finding his form and fitness in a new team, give him a little more time and you wont be disappointed, the signs are there, he just has to find his role in the team, not all players have immediate impacts, but he is paying his way in, and he is a great player who cant be held down for too long, we just need to play through him because he loves the responsibility, we cant ignore his graciousness on the football pitch like we did in the first halve

lapassion

He seemed a bit frustrated with the service (or the lack of it) today. I hope he gels in and scores soon.

Fergies Formula

Very unlike him wasnt it? terrible first touch. But its the pressure of being a 30m Man United striker. When he gets his first he will get many. I say about 18 in all competitions.
i didnt know what happened, i could only assume he thought he was offside and constituted to the bizarre first touch, that only happens to berba 1 out of 100 times

Legend16

games since berbatov arrival

liverpool away - sets up a goal in the first 5 mins, then is isolated as the team drops deeper and deeper, going for long balls, lacking width and any shape - lose 2-1

chelsea away - has his shot saved which parks scores on rebound, not really in the game as chelsea dominate in the second half, some neat touches in the first whilst still isolated, draw 1-1

bolton home - starts slowly then in the second half starts to find his feet, and as soon as rooney and scholes are introduced, magic starts to happen, 1 touch, nice intelligent play and interchange, no surprise its instigated by the 3 geniuses patrolling the field. result 2-0

see a pattern?

He is slowly finding his form and fitness in a new team, give him a little more time and you wont be disappointed, the signs are there, he just has to find his role in the team, not all players have immediate impacts, but he is paying his way in, and he is a great player who cant be held down for too long, we just need to play through him because he loves the responsibility, we cant ignore his graciousness on the football pitch like we did in the first halve
yeah I do see a pattern and I think for any forward coming to united for 30 million we can expect great things. there have been hints of it but if you look at those games overall apart from some neat touches he has gone missing. he was nowhere to be seen against chelsea and while its nice to credit him with setting up park for the goal ( and I do think he did well) its to ignore the fact that someone of his class should not have given cech the chance to save shooting from that distance and unchallenged. again against liverpool nice set up but utterly missing from the game as a whole. today too playing at home he was not involved enough. again as I said a quality player and I am hoping and praying he'll be a star at united. but its slightly worryin that in his demeanour and body language he looks like he's not enjoyin himself or as confident as he was at spurs. I'm not criticising the lads ability but honestly expected more from him. I dont think he's set the world on fire in the red of united and I dont think its unreasonable to say that

marcus agrippa

&quot;Clattenburg!- Jesus God!&quot; - SAF
i didnt know what happened, i could only assume he thought he was offside and constituted to the bizarre first touch, that only happens to berba 1 out of 100 times
took his eye off the ball it looked like, to look at the assistant if he was offside.

but i was really expecting him to pluck it out of the air and smash it past the Bolton GK.

judging by the last 20 minutes today, i reckon he isn't far off. people forget that not only has he not been playing for United, he has also not had a full game all season in the league before Liverpool away.

Fergies Formula

yeah I do see a pattern and I think for any forward coming to united for 30 million we can expect great things. there have been hints of it but if you look at those games overall apart from some neat touches he has gone missing. he was nowhere to be seen against chelsea and while its nice to credit him with setting up park for the goal ( and I do think he did well) its to ignore the fact that someone of his class should not have given cech the chance to save shooting from that distance and unchallenged. again against liverpool nice set up but utterly missing from the game as a whole. today too playing at home he was not involved enough. again as I said a quality player and I am hoping and praying he'll be a star at united. but its slightly worryin that in his demeanour and body language he looks like he's not enjoyin himself or as confident as he was at spurs. I'm not criticising the lads ability but honestly expected more from him. I dont think he's set the world on fire in the red of united and I dont think its unreasonable to say that

OK fair enough, but your playing down the decisive factors to this, the fact its a new team? new style of play? He clearly isnt match fit! you cant disregard these things, add to that at spurs he was the centre of all their moves and in the game today and the 2 previous the team didnt really utilize him and play through him, he is so clever at bringing others into play and creating moments of genius you need to constantly give him the ball to let him do his magic not ignore him, which we did today in the first half.

Give him a couple more games before he is judged, just coz he hasnt set the world alight under these circumstances, doesnt mean in a few games you wont see the real berba, the signs are there and they are getting more apparent.

I wouldnt bet against him having a stormer against Aalborg

Fergies Formula

took his eye off the ball it looked like, to look at the assistant if he was offside.

but i was really expecting him to pluck it out of the air and smash it past the Bolton GK.

judging by the last 20 minutes today, i reckon he isn't far off. people forget that not only has he not been playing for United, he has also not had a full game all season in the league before Liverpool away.
thought that might have happened couldnt see that clearly coz of the shit stream.

Ye people dont realize these things will have a strong effect on the way he plays, but things are starting to click for him, and he looked to be really enjoying himself towards the end, just needs the ball to work his magic.

He was even showing battling desires to win the ball back which pleased me,

Legend16

OK fair enough, but your playing down the decisive factors to this, the fact its a new team? new style of play? He clearly isnt match fit! you cant disregard these things, add to that at spurs he was the centre of all their moves and in the game today and the 2 previous the team didnt really utilize him and play through him, he is so clever at bringing others into play and creating moments of genius you need to constantly give him the ball to let him do his magic not ignore him, which we did today in the first half.

Give him a couple more games before he is judged, just coz he hasnt set the world alight under these circumstances, doesnt mean in a few games you wont see the real berba, the signs are there and they are getting more apparent.

I wouldnt bet against him having a stormer against Aalborg
I believe Berbatov will be great for us. I think it was 3 games before Cantona got his first and then there was no stopping him. just that I dont like the way Berbatov looks so inhibited. hope he gets a goal soon and it gives him the confidence to really step up.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Berbs did some fantastic things in the second half and there's no doubt about his class. He became quite frustrated with not being played when he had a lot of chances. It's not just him adapting to our play but our players adapting to his. Just like it took some time for Tevez and Rooney to become a good partnership this will take time. Ffs he's only been here for a month!

United78

He did seem to "sulk" towards the end -- especially when Nani would not pass to him -- he then became to go deep and just pass -- the potential is there -- some flicks and passes were great -- he needs to score soon --

Legend16

Berbs did some fantastic things in the second half and there's no doubt about his class. He became quite frustrated with not being played when he had a lot of chances. It's not just him adapting to our play but our players adapting to his. Just like it took some time for Tevez and Rooney to become a good partnership this will take time. Ffs he's only been here for a month!
FFS no one is disputing that or that the lad is class. But you would need to be blinder than Mick McBlind not to see that he is not playing his best football at the moment and believe it or not its ok to say that.

Some people need to remember how Tevez started his Manchester United career. He had a struggling start and was unable to impose himself on the team. Look how he improved and went on to play for the rest of the season, and look at him now. Give Berbatov a bit more time to find his feet because class is permanent.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Needed a bit of time to get used to our style of play, but showed some good moments of play and interaction from him today, specially in the second half.

Will score in the next match.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Looked extremely good for the last half hour or so. Even before Rooney and Scholes came on, he was starting to get more involved and looking like the player we spent the last two years chasing.

I thought it was hilarious at the end how Rooney was doing everything he humanly could to get him to score, while Nani was doing everything humanly possible to not let him. I half expected to see Rooney go over and have a little word with Nani.

B Cantona

Desperate
I agree with you mate. He showed a few moments towards the end, that we hope will become the norm as his United career progresses. But it still wasn't an impressive performance, and yes there are many reasons and excuses for that, I just thought given the fight he made to move here, there would be more effort and energy to his performances. People will say that's not the way he plays, but I say to them be better bloody start learning if he wants to cut it at United!

I'm certainly not too worried just yet though

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The second half today was a step in the right direction. He had a handful of involvements Cantona would've been proud of.

Ekeke

Seen him have similar touches for Spurs. Its hit and miss, half the time he'll bring it down perfectly, half the time he'll cock it up completely.

Fergies Formula

Seen him have similar touches for Spurs. Its hit and miss, half the time he'll bring it down perfectly, half the time he'll cock it up completely.
half the time? he consistently has a near perfect first touch, you obviously hadnt watched him enough, he would control that 9 out of ten times normally

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The way that ball was deflected there would've been an extremely awkward spin on it.