When Was The Last Time You Actually Enjoyed Watching United.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
For me, it is so long ago that I can not remember the exact match. Certainly not this season.
I used to get nervous beforehand and sometimes elated watching.
But more recently, I just get annoyed watching the lack of quality and lack of commitment.
So hopefully today we can turn up and get a good result at Everton.

Dan_F

Depends if you mean before the game, during or after when you know the result. The last time I was genuinely excited beforehand was the week when we had Barcelona and the league cup final. Chasing Forrest to come back and win was okay if you could forget what you watched in the first five minutes. The game against Brentford was the first one I’ve had to miss in years and the outcome of that looked enjoyable.

DarnleyDevil7

I actually really enjoyed the start we made away to Copenhagen recently. I thought everyone was up for it and our play was sharp. Then Marcus saw red and we all know what happened.

These enjoyable matches are few and far between unfortunately, and until Shaw and Martinez are back, I don't see it changing.

ForFuchsSake

Are we talking, a sustained period of time where we have played progressive, exciting football or an individual game that we’ve enjoyed?

If the former, then in the SAF years (2012/13). If the latter, probably fairly recently. Every team, no matter who, has a game that’s somewhat enjoyable and entertaining now and then - that doesn’t mean they play good football though.

Pughnichi

Vs Palace in the cup, but it was a surprise and I was only cautiously optimistic beforehand.

Genuinely can’t remember the last time I’ve gone week to week looking fwd to games and expecting wins/good football. A thing of the past.

today for eg. Hope more than anything that we play well and get the win. But expecting instead a laboured win, a frustrating draw or an awful performance/defeat

Telsim

Crystal Palace in the Carabao cup. I thought things finally might be clicking together. I should have known better.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Literally our last match Vs Luton - dominated the game, made more than enough chances to win. 3 points and a clean sheet

Ticks most boxes - admittedly it was a rare decent performance this season but still a strange time to make this thread

Late drama giving wins Vs Brentford and Copenhagen this season also stick out as highlights of a poor season so far

Spaghetti

Mom's
I always enjoy watching United - win, lose or draw. And I always look forward to the games.

If you don’t enjoy watching then you should seriously consider having a break from watching football. It’s supposed to be a form of entertainment and disconnection.

van Gaal. Defending well with the ball, the philosophy. What's not to like.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When does anyone enjoy watching their football team!? Football isn't meant to be enjoyed, it's meant to be stressed through and tolerated until you achieve the result you want... At which point you can be mildly happy but still irritated about all the shit that went wrong.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. I think VAR is the main culprit this season. I don’t think I’ve seen a single game this season (Utd or otherwise) where VAR hasn’t made a major game changing decision I disagree with. Even yesterday in the city v Liverpool game. That decision on Alison was mental.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. I think VAR is the main culprit this season. I don’t think I’ve seen a single game this season (Utd or otherwise) where VAR hasn’t made a major game changing decision I disagree with. Even yesterday in the city v Liverpool game. That decision on Alison was mental.
Very good point.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There are bits of every match we play that I enjoy right until the point we lose focus and self-destruct.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
:lol: Surely upwards now you've gotten rid of that thug of a 'manager'.
Surprised you knew that.
Lost away to Derby yesterday.
Like so many sides, especially United, they play the ball about quite well but have no end product.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Last season, when we were playing entertaining football, when we had a Licha-Varane wall at the back, DDG was busy being a god in the sticks and Casemiro was bossing midfield. Marcus was running riot up front and whether we won or not it was just a fun time. We felt a few key pieces away from really challenging and it’s so utterly miserable that we have failed spectacularly in that regard, and things have fallen apart this season.
I wish our players could get their heads around a team press, and we could play proactive, high tempo fluid football. I’m very sick of sideways and backwards passes and giving the ball away aimlessly.

Jules_T

Against Newcastle in the Carabao final.
We went downhill quickly after that game.
We really have struggled to play since then.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
When does anyone enjoy watching their football team!? Football isn't meant to be enjoyed, it's meant to be stressed through and tolerated until you achieve the result you want... At which point you can be mildly happy but still irritated about all the shit that went wrong.
You have it exactly.
Before the game like today, I always look forward to it.
But during the game, especially recently, I become anxious and agitated, mainly at the very slow build up.
And then I start to get annoyed at the lack of effort, Rashford in particular. And the giving the ball away so easily.

But if we win, of course that is enjoyable although not much in the way of entertaining football.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We had a good few months last season. Think it was until the Barca game were we played some good football

KeanoMagicHat

There were some moments last year but the last time over a sustained period was under Ole.

Redstain

Last season before the world cup, United have never played exciting football under any manager post SAF from my perspective but the football last season was far more progressive especially in the midfield and attack until February / March.

G-manc

I’m looking forward to todays game having had the International break but I dare say 10 minutes of Anthony cutting inside, Rashford running into blind alleys and Bruno whinging will suck the enthusiasm out of me.

Agree with others about VAR; I can’t remember the last time I celebrated a goal as it happened due to the checks. Even a 20-yarder now has you looking through your fingers in case someone is stood in front of the keeper.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Excellent point.

Yagami

Good post resistant
In terms of a prolonged period rather than an individual game here and there, probably when we were lining up with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood all in top form under Ole. The only downside was near enough everything behind them, but those three were so entertaining together I didn't mind.

Before that, probably Ole's initial winning run. It was so refreshing after the José sludge.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

For a prolonged run of games, probably that period in February where we beat Leeds, Leicester, then Barca and Newcastle in the cups.