When Was The Last Time You Actually Enjoyed Watching United.

Amsterdam Devil

The first half against Copenhagen in the Champions League. I thought we were very good before we got the red card.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I've enjoyed games under Ten Hag, here and there. Spurs at home last season, the Barca games...

Can't remember the last time I had hopes for the future of the club though. Things are always on the brink of going wrong. Even when we finish in the top 4 it always feels like we've overachieved and we're going backwards next season.

Stuck with the Glazers to boot. 0 light at the end of the tunnel.

eire-red

The last time I genuinely remember us playing some brilliant and entertaining football was the 11-12 season.

Rooney was banging them in at the start of the season, the recovery after the 6-1 defeat, even the heartbreak on the final day of the season.

I know we won the league the following year, but it was a bit of a stroll and that 11-12 season was probably the last enthralling season we've been a major contender in.

miked99

The last time I enjoyed watching us, in that I was excited about the forthcoming games and the way we were playing, were those two good spells under Ole. It didn't last unfortunately.

Aside from that, I can't think of an even remotely prolonged period. I just want to watch exciting, fluid attacking football and regardless of who's in charge, that very rarely happens.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The last time I enjoyed watching us, in that I was excited about the forthcoming games and the way we were playing, were those two good spells under Ole. It didn't last unfortunately.

Aside from that, I can't think of an even remotely prolonged period. I just want to watch exciting, fluid attacking football and regardless of who's in charge, that very rarely happens.
Yep, me too. His first spell was full of attacking endeavour, and his players seemed to be enjoying themselves. Unfortunately it didn't last, due to who knows what. Many on here will say he was completely useless, I don't agree, but when he was made permanent manager, things started to change. I don't think Ole had much input into our signings, and possibly he was out of his depth once he realised the enormity of the task, and the resigning of Ronaldo may have been the final nail. His much maligned coaching staff have since proved to be good managers to date, although time will tell how good they could become.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was a good few games last season.

But on a consistent basis, it was probably when football returned after COVID, the remainder of that season and the whole season after. We seemed to play great counter attacking football in those empty stadiums, especially away.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I mistakingly enjoyed the home tie against Copenhagen. Fortunately many people on this forum made me see the error of my ways with their incessant moaning in the post match thread.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Probably during Ole's time here when we'd score goals for fun and would routinely fight back from going a goal down. Unless we're referring to just one game rather than a period of time.

Dannn411

The restart after the pandemic was the last time I looked forward to watching us play. By far the best football we have played since Fergie.

Yorke to Cole

The "project restart" period during the first lockdown was the best attacking football we have played over the past few years without question.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

I quite enjoyed watching United last season up until the league cup final. We played some decent football after the opening two defeats. Then we reverted back to the same old shit and it's only gotten worse since.

That's been the problem with us for 10 years. Everything is a false dawn. We'll have periods of weeks, sometimes months, of looking like we've turned a corner, only for everything to collapse and we're back to looking like a group of strangers.

I have to go back to 2013 to the last time I enjoyed a full season from start to finish

68cob

Today! They were awesome and blew the toffees off the pitch!

All I have is dreams.

Golden Nugget

- mid - end Moyes era
- LVG era outside of first month or so
- Rangnick era

those were the only times where I really didn’t enjoy watching United, and I didn’t even look forward to the games. There’s bad games which I don’t enjoy once they’ve started, but outside of the 3 periods above, I generally always look forward to United games

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Last year probably because there was the feeling of change. That Barca game was the most fun out of all of them. Other than that I think the season we won the league with RVP. That was the last time I was excited for every game, patiently waiting all week. I have to say I don't enjoy football as much as I used to anyway, 9/10 times I'm bored out of my mind watching football, especially us.

Mwooyo

I honestly dont understand what instructions the manager gives to our players nowadays. We play this uncontrollable hoofball game after game. Everyone is playing shaolin football nowadays. Why do we play mctominay if we really want control

Josep Dowling

Under Ole during the lockdown period. We played some really nice football with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as a front 3.

Spells last season like the 2 Barcelona games. Since the League cup final there has been a huge decline in our football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Today - just leading 2-0 at what was it 50 odd mins gave me a nice warm feeling

krazyrobus

The Barcelona games last season, we were playing our best football around that time, and then after getting the CC trophy, the performances fell off a cliff].

Kopral Jono

The last time I genuinely remember us playing some brilliant and entertaining football was the 11-12 season.

Rooney was banging them in at the start of the season, the recovery after the 6-1 defeat, even the heartbreak on the final day of the season.

I know we won the league the following year, but it was a bit of a stroll and that 11-12 season was probably the last enthralling season we've been a major contender in.
Yeah, 2011/12 doesn't quite get the credit it deserves. Genuinely the last enjoyable/exciting season we've had. Nani's Charity Shield Fergie time winner, the 8-2 for obvious reasons and winning away at Ajax were standout moments of that season. Shame about the Everton game and Aguero.