When Was The Last Time You Actually Enjoyed Watching United.

Winrar

If you’re talking full 90mins, the 4-1 vs Chelsea at the tail end of last season.

Today was pretty good though, first 10 or so minutes, especially THAT goal, and the second half we looked pretty comfortable after weathering the storm first half.

Last edited:

RedIan

Palace cup game.. enjoyed today even though we were poor first half.. That goal made my weekend.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I was thinking about such a thread today, but it's good I can just bump this one.

I've found myself watching games simply because it's been a habit. I'm not fully focused on the game, I don't like a single player in our current team, I have no hope it's going to change with a new manager or board. It makes me think and wonder... why am I still watching this?

Is there anyone who knows what I feel? I bet most of you are, but how are we going to survive this phase? Either we wait or we lose interest in football? It doesn't help we're getting old and money have changed football more than ever, so... are we going to be those who complain that football hasn't been the same?

ken11

I watch it because (1) I have nothing better to do at game time and (2) out of habit.

I've had so little joy watching them for so many games - and the odd good game here and there, my mind's just flooded with "Enjoy the 15 mins post-match because we'll be back to SHITE next few games again..."

Zen86

I was thinking about such a thread today, but it's good I can just bump this one.

I've found myself watching games simply because it's been a habit. I'm not fully focused on the game, I don't like a single player in our current team, I have no hope it's going to change with a new manager or board. It makes me think and wonder... why am I still watching this?

Is there anyone who knows what I feel? I bet most of you are, but how are we going to survive this phase? Either we wait or we lose interest in football? It doesn't help we're getting old and money have changed football more than ever, so... are we going to be those who complain that football hasn't been the same?
Yes, I’ve often felt the same. I dislike the players and the ownership, and I find myself watching games simply because that’s what I’ve always done. Solksjaer provided a brief reinvestment for me because he’s Solksjaer, United legend through and through. Despite the results, it was someone I genuinely love back at the club and in charge. It reignited that connection to the club that I grew up with.

It’s back to ambivalence since, though. A big part of it, moreso than the state of the club itself, is a general hatred for what football has become. The money and corruption, the gentrification, the ever more absurd disparity between clubs, and the politics which has infiltrated the game. Nobody in football really seems to gives a shit about their club anymore.

The_Midfielder

Not Oles fan
But the games under Ole where Rashford, Martial, pogba, Bruno with Cavani, Greenwood were the best we have had in the last few seasons.

black country red

I enjoy watching them they are my team and always will be. Myself and a lot of older reds have seen worse days than these and I enjoyed it so why change now

tomaldinho1

1st game versus Bayern I thought we were genuinely superb until the clanger. That blueprint is what I still feebly cling onto in my mind of where this team could go.

Recently the Chelsea game was a very good team performance I’d struggle to understand how anyone didn’t enjoy.

mav_9me

1st game versus Bayern I thought we were genuinely superb until the clanger. That blueprint is what I still feebly cling onto in my mind of where this team could go.

Recently the Chelsea game was a very good team performance I’d struggle to understand how anyone didn’t enjoy.
That Chelsea game was after this thread was started but yeah, that 2nd half was really enjoyable I thought

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
2006/7 was the last time we played great football for a whole season.

SER19

Large spells of last season was as much as I've enjoyed post fergie, including player attitudes. Didn't see this season coming

el3mel

Tonight was pretty much everything I like about Man United.

Games like these are the reason I adored this club at first place and why I keep coming back to it despite us being crap for as long as I can remember now.

The fighting mentality and never giving up regardless of how many goals we go down is what made Man United for me.

It's a shame these don't happen often any more and just few and far in between but I will keep coming back waiting for it to happen.

Oranges038

Today.

Even at 2-0 down I always felt it would still be Utd that would win. Been a long time since I watched and felt that way.

Brilliant performance.

NZT-One

Tonight was pretty much everything I like about Man United.

Games like these are the reason I adored this club at first place and why I keep coming back to it despite us being crap for as long as I can remember now.

The fighting mentality and never giving up regardless of how many goals we go down is what made Man United for me.

It's a shame these don't happen often any more and just few and far in between but I will keep coming back waiting for it to happen.
Sounds to me that you are in more for the drama than for the actual match? Nothing wrong with that, I just find it funny, not just with you, how much of magnitude 45minutes of decent football has on some people. I think, this is a mindset, I hope isn't present in the decision makers at the club. One result means nothing. General trends are relevant to look at.

Fts 74

Sounds to me that you are in more for the drama than for the actual match? Nothing wrong with that, I just find it funny, not just with you, how much of magnitude 45minutes of decent football has on some people. I think, this is a mindset, I hope isn't present in the decision makers at the club. One result means nothing. General trends are relevant to look at.
Try not to over analyse and enjoy it every now and again it'll do you good.Utd has always been drama even in the glory years.

el3mel

The match doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as I still want Ten Hag out. I still believe we are going to be shit again soon, maybe even the next game.

But I'm going to enjoy tonight as much as possible and don't worry about it. We will have plenty of time to criticize Ten Hag and the players in the next games, so no reason to spoil tonight.

Fts 74

The match doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as I still want Ten Hag out. I still believe we are going to be shit again soon, maybe even the next game.

But I'm going to enjoy tonight as much as possible and don't worry about it. We will have plenty of time to criticize Ten Hag and the players in the next games, so no reason to spoil tonight.
Good no getting away from the fact this season has been awful, but tonight should remind us all why we love football and Utd.

NZT-One

Try not to over analyse and enjoy it every now and again it'll do you good.Utd has always been drama even in the glory years.

You are right of course. Lets hope, that piece of positivity will do the team good. I can imagine especially Hojlund being very reliefed finally.

Von Mistelroum

Well bloody hell, who would have thought it?

Apparently StobZilla! But I certainly didn't! Thoroughly enjoyed tonight and even at 0-2 I felt like there was a different energy. Just hope it's a start, and not just certain lazy players putting on a show for the new owners.

Bondi77

I enjoyed watching them when Bruno came to the club and when Rashford Martial and MG were scoring goals for fun and when we were getting good results against Citeh.

Fts 74

You are right of course. Lets hope, that piece of positivity will do the team good. I can imagine especially Hojlund being very reliefed finally.
We all want what's best for Utd, I just feel all the toxicity is taking away from any enjoyment we do get and tonight was really good against a decent Villa side.

RedIan

Not been much enjoyment this season but tonights game was a big highlight. merry christmas.